It Is What It Is

Story Info
Wife leaves husband because she needs a change.
7.1k words
4.24
172.1k
105
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sfbullrider
Sfbullrider
1,284 Followers

I recently submitted my first story and I have to admit it wasn't that good. I rushed it, and didn't put as much thought into it as I should have. I hope I did a better job on this one. I took my time and really thought it out. So here is my second story.


I think anytime a husband hears these words from his wife, "Honey, we need to talk," he realizes that this is not going to be a good day. Nothing good ever comes from those five words. Well, let me tell you that in this case, they changed my whole life.

My name is Jake, and I am 44 years old. My wife Lori of 23 years is the same age. We have two wonderful children, both of whom are in college. Ashley is the oldest and in her Junior year. John is the youngest, and is a Freshman. They share an apartment near campus, which is about an hour from our house.

I thought Lori and I had the ideal marriage. We are both teachers, and since we have a lot of experience, we make a good living with both salaries. We live in a nice house in a nice suburban neighborhood. This is not really where I wanted to live, but it is what Lori wanted, so I agreed. After all, I had this beautiful wife that I loved and adored so much. Who was I to complain? I loved her with every fiber in my body. I always felt so lucky to be seen with her in public.

Our sex life has always been amazing, even though it had slowed down a little lately. She always had very intense orgasms when I was inside her, which made my orgasms even more intense. I feel like I have always been a generous lover, and I tried to be unpredictable. Even after 23 years, I still wanted her more than ever. That is why I was so shocked at what happened.

Let me give you a little more of my background because it is important to the story. I grew up on a dairy farm near a small town. I was born and raised a cowboy. I wore boots, jeans, and a cowboy hat most everyday. I played football, and competed in rodeos whenever I could. I was very athletic and most of the girls considered me pretty good looking. I always had a girlfriend in high school. I was about 6 foot tall and weighed about 195. My body was, and pretty much still is, hard as a rock. My best rodeo event was bull riding. I managed to get through those days without getting injured too bad. I still love my country roots, as you will see later.

Lori on the other hand was a city girl. She grew up in suburbia, and loved the big city. She didn't care much for the country, and certainly would never live there. Lori is a good looking woman, and is so sexy. There was just something about her that drove me crazy. She had short red hair, average, but nice tits, and a really nice ass. She had this bubbly personality that drove guys crazy.

So how did we get together? We both attended a major university that was well known for it's academics and football. It is where I wanted to go all my life. When I got my acceptance letter, I knew I would probably be leaving most of my country life behind. I didn't care because this is where I wanted to be.

Sure enough there were very few cowboys at The University of Texas. I still wore my boots and jeans, but I had toned it down a lot so I wouldn't look like a country hick.

I met Lori my Junior year. We met at a party and hit it off immediately. We were both at the party with friends, so neither one of us had a date. We danced, we talked, we even made out a little. I think for me it was love at first sight. I decided that night that this was the girl I wanted to marry. She just didn't know it yet.

A few days later we went out on our first date. It was awesome. Even with our different backgrounds we hit it off beautifully. I called, or went to see her everyday. I made a date with her every chance I could. I wanted to make sure she didn't have a chance to go out with anyone else.

I didn't rush to get her in bed, but I wanted her so bad. I was so attracted to her. I didn't want to scare her off, or have her think that sex was the only thing I wanted. Yet, I didn't want her to get the idea that I didn't desire her. So I built up a relationship with her. We started with a lot of kissing. Then we progressed to heavy petting, which eventually led to me fingering her and sucking her tits.

It was about 6 weeks or so after dating that she asked if I wanted to make love to her. We went to my apartment and spent that night and most of the next day in bed together. We were so passionate together. She kept referring to me as "thunder stick". I have about a 7 1/2 inch cock with medium thickness. She went on about how great it felt inside her. Not too big, yet not so little where you couldn't feel it. I got that from just about every girl I was ever with.

As she was about to leave my apartment after a long kiss, she said, "Jake, I love you baby."

I responded immediately with, "I love you Lori. In fact, I think I have loved you from the moment I met you."

We kissed again very passionately, then she left. I was on top of the world. I loved this woman so much. We married a year later.

After graduation, we both got teaching jobs in the city, but at different schools. I was a high school teacher, and she was an elementary teacher.

After living in an apartment for a couple of years, we had finally saved enough to buy a house. I wanted a nice quiet place in the country with a few acres where I could raise horses. Lori didn't like that idea. She wanted a nice home in a suburban neighborhood in the city. I loved her so much and gave into her wishes. I even quit wearing boots and jeans all the time because she said it made me look like a country bumpkin. So I did whatever because I loved her. I didn't think it was a big deal.

When we went out, it was always what she wanted to do. I loved to go to country dance halls, but she never wanted to, so I did what she wanted. Now that I think about, She was pretty selfish. I loved her, so I gave in. I don't think I was being a wimp, just a good husband. I was anything but a wimp. Remember, I used to ride bulls, and have fought a few rattlesnakes on the ranch. There are some other ass kicking stories I could tell from my younger days, but I won't.

So that leads me back to now. It was late in May and we had one more week of school. Lori and I would be out for the summer with no kids at home. They would stay and go to summer school. I was hoping we could travel and maybe see some sights together this summer. I also wanted to pick up on the lovemaking. It had slowed down lately and she had been acting strange. I had always been very sweet and attentive to her, so I figured I would be even more so. I wasn't sure why she had been acting strange, or why she wasn't much interested in sex, but I figured we had all summer to get it on.

I got home Friday after school with plans for a romantic evening. I was looking forward to the weekend and my romantic plans. I picked up some wine and a couple of rib eye steaks. I fired up the BBQ pit and set a nice table on our patio. I even lit a candle so we could have a candlelight dinner. I was hoping for some really spirited lovemaking tonight.

Lori came home and asked what I was doing. I told her, but she didn't seem to excited about it. In fact, it seemed as if something was really bothering her. She went upstairs and changed, then came to the backyard where I was getting supper ready.

She stood there looking at me like she wanted to tell me something, then walked back inside and got a glass of wine.

I asked if anything was wrong, but she just said, "no, everything was ok."

Deep down I knew something was up, I just didn't know what.

We had dinner and drank the wine. We made small talk, and sat outside for most of the evening. I asked about what she wanted to do this summer, but she said she wasn't sure. I asked her about maybe us traveling somewhere, but she didn't know if she wanted to.

Something was definitely up because she was acting different. I just didn't know what, and she wasn't ready to tell me.

We went upstairs to get ready for bed. I was still hoping for a passionate night of lovemaking. I took a shower and got myself ready. When I came out of the shower, she was already under the covers like she was going to sleep.

I crawled in under the covers and snuggled up to her. She had not taken a shower, and had on a pair of old pajamas that covered her from head to toe. I tried to massage her, and slip my hands under her pajamas, but she rolled over with her back to me and said she wasn't in the mood.

I was devastated. I had been looking forward to this evening and weekend all week. It really hurt my feelings being rejected like that. Also, it just wasn't like her. She had always been responsive to my advances. She kept her back to me and wouldn't even look at me.

I laid there and tried to figure out what I had done, or maybe what I had not done to deserve this kind of treatment. I did not sleep well.

"What the hell did I do?" I kept thinking.

The next morning I got up and went downstairs to make coffee. I still had no clue what was going on with Lori. I knew she wasn't on her period, so I was at a lost.

A little bit later Lori came downstairs and sat down at the breakfast table. I poured a cup of coffee and handed it to her. I gave her a smile and a little kiss on the lips. Her expression didn't change.

Then she said those words every man dreads, "honey, we need to talk."

My heart fell at the sound of how she said it, but at least maybe now I would find out what was going on.

She set her cup down, then spoke some words I thought I would never in my life hear from her.

"Jake, I don't know how else to do this except just tell you. I have been feeling very restless lately and have decided I need a change. I hope you will understand and realize I need this to be happy."

"Lori, I didn't realize you were so unhappy."

"Oh Jake, I guess it is not so much that I am unhappy, it's just that I need a change. Something is missing and I need to move on."

"Exactly what are you trying to tell me Lori?"

"I am going to move out, and I want a divorce."

You could have hit me with a sledge hammer and it would have hurt less than what she had just said. I had to sit down. You talk about a shock to the system out of nowhere. It was all I could do to not break down and lose it right there. I had to really concentrate to compose myself and say something back to her.

Finally I looked up and asked, "Lori, is there someone else in the picture?"

She looked down for a minute, then looked at me and said, "Yes Jake there is, and I am so sorry because I never meant to hurt you."

"Well I am sure glad you didn't mean to because if you had meant to, it would have been much worse I guess. I just wish you would have talked to me before you came to this decision"

"Jake I still love you, it's just that I need something new in my life," she said.

"Well you sure have a funny way of showing me you love me," I said. "Tell me about this new man that will be taking my place and ripping apart a marriage and family."

She looked hurt at my last remark. It's like she thought I should embrace her change because it makes her happy.

She went on. "His name is Mark. He is a personal trainer at a gym. He came to our school about 6 weeks ago to teach an exercise class during our health awareness week. After the class we got to talking, and he was really coming on to me. I mean he was really flirting. He made me feel so attractive, and so sexy"

"I assume he knew you were married", Jake said.

"I am sure he saw my wedding ring, plus I told him I was happily married." He wanted me to go have a drink with him after school, but I reiterated that I was married. He said that didn't matter."

"So what happened," I said.

"He got my email address from the school web site and started emailing me several times a day. He kept telling how beautiful I was and how he wanted to get together for a drink. I guess I was curious and didn't think having a drink would hurt anything, so I agreed to meet him. It was when you were at that overnight conference"

"I probably don't want to hear this next part, but go on," I said.

"I met him for a drink, which turned out to be several. He convinced me to go back to his apartment. I knew it was a mistake, but it was exciting, and something I just wanted to do.

"Did you fuck him?" I said.

She looked down and said, "Yes. He fucked me four times. As soon as he recovered he was in me again."

I was on the verge of a breakdown, but I managed to hold it together. "How old is he Lori?"

"He is 32 Jake. He says I look like I am in my 30's."

" Was he better than me?" I asked.

"No Jake he wasn't better than you, you are a fantastic lover, but he was different."

"Well obviously that wasn't the end of it", I said.

"No, we started seeing each other several times a week. His apartment was close to school so I would go over during my lunch and off periods and we would fuck. We started getting real close. He said we were soul mates and should be together all the time."

"When were you last with him, Lori?"

She got this real funny look on her face, like she was ashamed, and said, "Yesterday, when I left for work? I didn't go to work. I took a day off and spent the day with Mark in his apartment. I don't want to keep cheating Jake, but I want to be with Mark, so I think we should divorce and move on."

"Lori, are you in love with him? And if so, did you fall out of love with me."

"Jake this is the hard part. I still love you. It's just that I am ready for a change. Yes Mark is young, and he finds me exciting, and I think we will be good together. I'm not in love with him yet, but I will love him in time."

"Lori I don't want to burst your bubble but I think your little boy toy is just using you, and will dump when he gets what he wants, whatever that may be."

"Your wrong Jake. He said he loves me and said that we were meant to be."

"What about Ashley and John? Have you thought about your kids?"

"They will be ok. They are adults now, and will want me to be happy. I will sit down and explain it to them"

"So what do we do Lori?"

"I am going to pack some things and move into Mark's apartment this morning. Mark and I will be back tomorrow to get the rest of my stuff. I don't think you should be here, so if you could find someplace to go I would appreciate it," she said.

"I won't be here," I said. "

"Lori, when I got back from that conference I was very horny for you. Did I get sloppy seconds that night?"

"Yes, but I had cleaned myself up real good before you got home."

I didn't know what else to say. Talk about a kick in the balls. Lori went on to explain the next step.

"Next week you can find a lawyer we both can agree on. We can share the lawyer and the cost. We will split everything down the middle. You keep your credit cards, your car, and your retirement. I will keep mine. We have a mutual fund worth about $100,000. We will cash it in and split it. That way we will both have some cash. Jake I am going to give you the house since I am the one walking out. I will sign it over to you completely"

That surprised me. I guess she really is feeling a lot of guilt over this.

"Thanks," I said.

"That's about it," she said.

"Yes, I guess that is about it."

Lori went upstairs to pack. She came back down with a couple of bags. She gave me a sympathetic look and headed for the door.

"Lori? I said in a soft voice. "Don't go. Call him up and tell him you will never see him again. We will get counseling and see if we can fix our marriage. Don't give up 23 years just like that. If you walk out that door, that will be it. I will never take you back. Let's try to get through this if we can."

Lori looked at me. There were tears in her eyes. She turned and walked out the door.

I sat there for awhile still in shock. What the hell just happened? She did a good job of hiding it, but how did I not see this?

I went upstairs and pack an overnight bag. I wasn't going to stay here by myself tonight, and I wasn't going to be here tomorrow when they came for her stuff.

I got in my car and called Ashley. She answered with a, "Hey Dad, how is it going?"

"Ashley, I need to come talk to you and John. Are going to be at your apartment this morning? It's a pretty serious matter, and I need to talk to you in person."

"Sure Dad, we will be here. What's wrong? Where is mom?"

"I don't want to talk over the phone. It will be just me. I will be there in about an hour"

"Dad, what is wrong. You are worrying me. Is Mom ok?"

"Yes honey, Mom is ok, but I need to talk to you and John about her. Don't call her until I get a chance to talk to you. I will be there in less than an hour."

"Ok Dad. Hurry up though. I'm worried."

I got to their apartment and knocked on the door. Ashley answered immediately. John was behind her. I walked in, and then I lost it. I started crying like a baby. They helped me to the couch and both were hugging me asking what was wrong. I couldn't talk. I just had to cry, and they let me. It went on for a few minutes, then I finally was able to compose myself. I went to the bathroom to wash my face, then came back to two bewildered kids sitting on the couch.

I then told them the whole story from that morning. I didn't leave anything out. Then they started crying, and we all cried together.

Then I looked at them and said, "kids I want you to know that your Mother and I both love you very much. That will never change. I also want you to know that none of this is your fault. You are the two best kids any parents could ever hope for."

"What is wrong with her?" Ashley said as she rubbed my back. "How could she do this to you, and how could she do this to her family?"

"I would like to go kill that son of a bitch," John said.

"Me too son, but that would only get us in prison, and right now I don't think she is worth it. Sorry kids, I am not very happy with your Mother right now."

We talked it out for awhile and I felt better just being with my kids. Finally, I stood up and said, " kids I gave her a chance to stay and get counseling, but she still walked out the door. So as far as I am concerned, IT IS WHAT IT IS. I will move on and we will all survive."

Ashley said she needed to go in the other room. I saw her grab her phone as she left. I could hear her in the other room yelling at Lori. She really was letting her have it. It actually made me laugh a little bit.

I took them out to lunch, then we came back and talked some more. Finally, I said I guess I would get going.

"Where are you going Dad?" Ashley said.

I guess I will go get a motel or something. I can't go home yet.

"No you are not," said Ashley. "You will stay here with us. In fact I have a great idea. Your new life starts now. I know how you love Longhorn baseball. John and I have 6 tickets for the game. We both have dates, and my good friend Brenda and her mother were going. Brenda called earlier and said she needed to work on a project due Monday, so she couldn't go. Her mother, Annie, didn't want to tag along with john and I with our dates. She loves baseball, she is divorced, so I am going to see if she will go if you go."

"Ashley I don't know about that. This is all moving to quick for me"

"It won't be a real date dad. You will just be going to enjoy a baseball game, and so will she"

"Ashley it sounds like you are trying to fix me up. I would think you would be trying to get Mom and I back together."

"Dad, what Mom did to you today is unforgivable. She broke your heart and hurt our whole family. She said she wanted a divorce, so I guess she has thought it through. I don't want you to be alone tonight. Besides, wait until you see Annie. She is pretty hot Dad."

Sfbullrider
Sfbullrider
1,284 Followers
12