It Was Something in Her Voice - The Addendum

Story Info
Addition to the ending of 'It Was Something in Her Voice'.
3.8k words
3.84
74.2k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a RACC. Based on the ending of the previous story.

This was one of the first stories I read in Literotica, 'It Was Something In Her Voice' by GaryAPB. I have permission to add to the ending.

YOU MUST READ THE ORIGINAL TO UNDERSTEND THIS STORY.

Every writer has the right to write a story and end it the way they wants to. But after reading and being a businessman myself I felt the main character failed his own premise and his rules he lived by. I also have seen a lot of owners who thought their lives were perfect. But everyone else saw how their families were suffering. The writer did not mention any other lovers, and this was a onetime fling. So I am keeping to that premise.

Also, the main character could see no wrong in himself and his actions for what happened.

So this is my take on the businessman if he lived by his own standard's things should have turned out different.

The Addendum

Where the story ended.

It was a couple of months later that Jude came to stay for a weekend, and on the Saturday night Greg took Jude out for a good steak at the local pub. But however persuasive Greg had been, Jude had turned down the opportunity to spend a week in Iceland driving a route across frozen lakes with his Dad. They returned to Greg's apartment for a nightcap, which was followed by a second nightcap, and a third...

As Greg poured the fourth brandies, he asked "How's your mother?"

"Still going downhill. She looks awful and is definitely drinking too much. But I get fed up with lecturing her. She really needs you Dad. Are you sure that there is no way back? You've got no one, and she really did love you, you know that, and I think she still does..."

"So what happened to her fighting for me?"

"She was meant to. It was one of my lectures. If she loved you and wanted you, then why didn't she go out and fight for you? But she's just too busy being sorry for herself..."

Greg handed Jude his brandy and sat down. Jude stood up at the same time, "I must go to bed." And he took a gulp of brandy and turned towards the door.

Greg ignored the fact that Jude was heading to bed, "At the time, I really did wonder if I should forgive her that stupid affair. But then she told me that she thought that I'd been an adulterer, having I don't know how many affairs, for the whole of our married life. I found that insulting, very insulting, it seemed to make our whole marriage a sham. But it also showed that she had no self-respect if she thought she was putting up with that for years. How could I love and respect someone who doesn't respect themselves?"

Jude took another sip of brandy as he turned to look at his father, "How's your self-respect, Dad, now that you've achieved your lonely life?"

"Oh, I'm OK. At least I can look myself in the eye in the shaving mirror every morning..."

Jude waved backwards at his father and walked out towards his bed. He didn't hear Greg continue in a soft voice, "... but you're right. My life fucking stinks! I've done everything right, I've kept my self-respect, I've acted honorably.......and I've ended up as a lonely sad old man with no one to love or to love me..." Greg sat nursing his brandy and watching his tears drip into the glass.

Present.

Hello George, I'll take my usual. Pulling up is bar stool making it screech across the floor to get closer to the bar. How are you and Sarah doing?"

"Great Mr. Perryman. It has been a long time since we I have had the privilege of company sir. How have you been doing?"

"Great George. I am doing so good I can't stand it." replied Greg in a sarcastic tone with deep sadness and pain in his eyes. "Here's to mud in your eye" drinking his drink non-stop till it was gone. "Another one George slamming down his glass. I am getting a room so I won't be driving tonight."

"Mr. Perryman I need some advice sir," asked George, "My brother and brother law. Are having a........."

"Dad, there you are," as Jude sat down on the bar stool next his dad. "Bartender get me a beer please."

"What are you doing here Jude?" Greg seeing him sit down next to him from the mirrors' reflection in front of him, I thought you weren't going to talk to me anymore."

"Dad I know one thing you never learn growing up is how to deal with a father that has filled you with nothing but bullshit your whole life," glaring straight into Greg's eyes.

"I was thinking about the things you have said since you discovered mom's screw up and how it ruined your perfect life."

"You did everything right my ass!" snorted Jude.

Greg in a soft voice, "You heard that?"

"You dam straight I did." Jude glaring at Greg showing no signs of backing down.

"Well I'm here to tell you it wasn't as perfect as you think. Mom had to deal with your mistress for over 27 years."

"Goddam Jude I never touched another woman. She has been the only woman I've loved since the day I met you her."

"That's bullshit dad. Your mistress was all consuming of your time. You remember you said mom broke her wedding vows well what about you Dad?"

"You know dam well I didn't Jude, it was her."

"Oh yes you did Dad. You remember the vows forsaken all others. Well you didn't. Your company was your mistress I know because you called it your baby. You took an inanimate object and turned into your lover, you gave it life." You idolized her."

"How many time did you call home after Mom started dinner and said something had come up and you had a business meeting and would be late or could you bring a client over for her home for her homemade lasagna. She would drop ever thing she had planned for you and your mistress."

"What about all those last minute trips out of the country to foreign places you had to go for you mistress, and she was stuck here with your two sick kids in the freezing winter."

"How about our vacations Dad. You spent more time on the phone and faxing your mistress than you did with us. We got where we scheduled things without you."

"How many of my Soccer games did you attend of mine in the last four years of my schooling Dad because of your mistress? I'll tell you dad none, nada, zero, zilch. It was always one more thing dad your mistress demanded from you. She was more important than even your children. Another round for both of bar keep."

"And this crap of not fighting for you. You know I have been talking to Mom a lot and she told me how she wrongly assumed you cheated on her and she felt really bad about accusing you of it. But in her mind at that time you were guilty as charged."

She assumed you were, and instead of quitting, and walking away she fought like hell for you Dad. She told me you were begging for her to let you sleep. After about a month going at it every night. She said you even turned down oral. What kind of man would do that? Let me guess you had to stay sharp for your mistress."

Greg thought back to that time and smiled to himself, "she almost killed me."

"How was Mom going to fight for you Dad? You walked in the house with a beautiful woman and Mom knew she had lost."

"I had to make a living to provide the niceties you had to have."

"We had to have Dad, or you wanted us to have. Mom would have been just as happy with a Ford instead of that Mercedes for more time with you. You know I have never heard of anyone say on their death bed, 'Boy I sure wish I had worked more hours'. No most people say, 'I wish I had spent more time with my wife and kids'."

"I bet you I know more about Mom and how she feels about your marriage to you since your divorce than you did after 27 years of marriage to her."

"What would you have done if through that lack of due diligence one of your people allowed someone to come in and try to take your mistress or even part of your mistress from you? You would have fired the bastard and gave your life to get her back. But in this case it was you not practicing your due diligence Dad."

"How many times did mom say she needed you and wanted you to retire? She was lonely Dad like you are now. Just imagine Dad living like that for years waiting on someone to give up their first true love for you and you always losing. Can you imagine her despair?"

"She wanted to spend time with you and only you over those past 5 years. You kept putting her off. You thought your mistress wasn't ready to run without you. You found every excuse to be with her one more time."

"When was the last time your mistress called for advice dad. I have heard none. And the doors are still open. It seems she's discarded you and doesn't need you. It looks like they paid you to placate you dad so you would just leave. Guess what Dad, there are graveyards full of people who thought they couldn't be replaced."

"What about you, I didn't see you fighting for shit. All I heard was she broke your contract. Dad I heard you tell your lawyers many times contracts were made to be broken. Did she try to kill you or take your company? Rub it in your nose in it. No she did not."

She was just fucking lonely Dad. Just think dad this could have been prevented if you hadn't lived in your rose colored glasses world of how great your life was."

Greg was now thinking and getting pissed he was having everything that kept him being angry slowly being taken apart by his sons arguments. "Alright Jude what about her promises she made on our wedding day.

"What about them Dad. You promised Mom you would retire 5 years before you finally did. You taught me a promise is like a contract. You never told me there were degrees of promises. You said it was like your word and a true man never breaks his word."

"Dammit Greg she cheated on me and embarrassed me. She made a fool out of me."

"Dad don't use that as an excuse dad. You never gave a shit what people thought of you before. Do you remember what you said about the Baxter's, and the Farmers when their spouses were caught cheating. You said and I will quote, "they are wonderful people and I hope they can work it out." They both worked it out. I never heard you think less of the men for doing it. They are warm tonight laying together and you're here.

Jude stood up and yelled, "Hey everyone I need your help." About a dozen men and a couple of women looked toward Jude. "This is my Dad and I need your help." Greg wanted to crawl into his bottle and hide.

"My Mom made a terrible choice. She cheated on my father years ago. Since then she has never even dated. She was a dutiful, faithful corporate wife and mother for 27 years. Well my father had a mistress, his company. His wife was lonely and begged him to leave her he couldn't or wouldn't."

He found out and they divorced. Since then he has had his fun and is miserable excuse for a man. She is still madly in love with him and he loves her. He is just to dam stubborn to admit it."

"Here is what I am asking, do any of you care if they get back together? Looking around everyone shaking their heads. How many of you would consider him less of a man if he let her come back to him." Look dad everyone is shaking their heads. See Dad they don't give a shit."

"How many of you out there that are divorced wished you would have let them come back. Raise your left hand if you were divorce and feel that way. Those who wouldn't raise your right. Look dad 75% wished they would have."

Greg stood, "Guys how many would think of me a pathetic cuck?" No hands went up and everyone shook their head.

"Dad who in the fuck uses that word to describe a man. Is that what you thought of your friends who took their wives back? No real man uses that word you know why? Mike Tyson said it the best 'everyone has a plan until they get hit' and karma.

"I always viewed you as a man's man I never heard you say it. Your friends are just like you and I have never heard them say. Didn't you say your friends would do anything they could to help you. Thanks everyone." Jude sat down.

"Dad I bet Mom is the first person you think about when you wake up and the last person you think about when you fall asleep. When you roll over at night can you sometime smell her scent? I bet when you had sex with your lady friends you thought of Mom."

"In your travels is first thing you think of is you wish Susan could see this. She is totally imprinted on your brain."

"Oh by the way, David Shiner's wife has forgiven him. They look so happy together. I found out he decided he didn't want a promotion he would have to travel too much. He is content to be the best husband he can. They even had another baby, a boy. He is happy. I guess he learned from you Dad what happens when you take on your work as your mistress."

"I got an idea Dad, why don't you just treat Mom as an escort on your trips. I am sure she would take whatever little you are willing to share with her. Hell don't marry her just treat her as a cumbucket, for your..."

Jude looked up from the floor after his dad caught him with a right cross in the chin. Standing over Jude Greg screamed, "Don't you ever talk about your mother like that."

Jude stood up, "Listen Dad I will give you that one. First, she is my Mom not your wife anymore you don't have a right to say shit to me about her. The only one I would ever allow to slap me is Mom. So far the only punches I have seen you land is when you catch them off guard. I will kick your ass where you stand if you ever do that again."

Do you remember the song "Cats in the Cradle'" by Harry Chapin. That song is the reason I wouldn't intern with you Dad. I didn't want too to grow up to be like you Dad. I didn't want to grow up to miss out on my kid's and wife's lives. She might cheat on me, but it won' be because I wasn't there for her.

"Before I leave you to cry in your booze. What happens a year from now if you decide you were wrong. You knock on her door and a man comes to the door wearing a robe. What will you do then? Remember that graveyard."

"Here you go, throwing 20 Euros on the bar. Drown in your sorrows Dad."

Greg sat back down with a tears in his eyes.

After about five minutes George walked over up to Greg. Mr. Perryman I know this is not a good time, but I have a bad family problem I really need your help. You're the smartest man I know about business.

Greg looked at George, "I don't know about that anymore. At one time I would have agreed with you. How can I help you?" with a sigh of defeat in his voice.

My brother and brother-in-law are in business together. They have a contract and partnership agreement. Something came up that they didn't account for. To rewrite the agreement the lawyers want to charge 10,000 Euros. Is there a way they can change and add to it without having to redo the whole thing and both having to hire their own attorneys to protect their interest that would cost more money.

Greg thought, "Just have the attorney do addendum to supersede the part that is not working. It will be just like a new contract with the part they need to fix. Goodnight George I feel like being alone."

Laying in his bed he thought about his son and his encounter. He was right, he thought about Susan all the time. He could still smell her after all this time.

All of a sudden, "that son-of-bitch. I wish I had ten just like him when I ran the company, my mistress with a sigh." He leaned over grabbed his phone.

"Hey Susan, this is Greg, I need to see you right away honey," with urgency in his voice. "Susan are you there? I heard crying coming over the phone. Susan are you ok are you hurt?"

"No dear I am not. You called me honey."

"I could hear her smiling over the phone. Susan I need to see you right away."

"Greg it is 2 o'clock in the morning are you alright?"

"Better than I have been in years, Is it ok? I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"I look terrible."

"Don't do your hair makeup or anything I want to smell you just the way you are. Is it ok?"

"What did you say?" with a curious voice. "Stay as you are I'll explain later," spoke Greg in a tone that she could tell he was getting dressed in a hurry.

"Yes, yes, yes, I'll be waiting darling." she whimpered.

20 minutes later just as I was about to knock on her door. It swung wide open. She was wearing one of my old t-shirts. She looked terrible and was still the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

I took her in my arms and kissed her so hard my teeth hurt. I could smell her breath as I kissed her. I ran my hand down to her bottom. My eyes pop out like a stomped on bullfrog, she had no panties on.

She pulled back and giggled, "You said as I was. I was busy at the time and my panties were off. I was using little Greg for relief. I haven't been with another man since that day."

Greg cringed. "Come honey let's sit down on the couch." As they sat her t-shirt rose up. She caught him staring at her lap. "Honey, up here." giggling and smiling, lifting his chin.

"Susan you know I always viewed our marriage as a contract. Well we had a problem with one little part of it. A friend was telling me about how his family and their legal problem. He asked me if I knew of a way to fix it without having to rewrite the whole thing. I told them an addendum would work. "

I was thinking why we don't just do an addendum that supersedes that one little thing that has happened in the past. Let's try dating and see where it goes."

Susan crying, "I would like that very much Greg."

"I always wanted to go on an African Safari for 6 months and I would like you to go with me."

Susan looked down at the ground, "oh Greg look at me I am 40 lbs. overweight. I look terrible. I am out of shape. Can you give me time to get myself back in shape?"

"No honey," Greg speaking. When he said 'Honey' to her she felt herself float off the couch. "No, I cannot wait, I have been without you long enough. When you feel we have been dating long enough I will fuck your ass off one pound at a time."

I asked, "What time is it?"

"About 3 I imagine," replied Susan.

I looked at my watch, "We've been dating long enough Susan." I reached down putting my arms under Susan. I lifted her up and grunted. "I told you Greg I have gained weight," laughed Susan. "Put me down," she giggling. She grabbed my hand and led me to the bedroom.

A year later a man walked into the River House Hotel bar with a beautiful thin woman. It was Greg's old hunting grounds. George I want to introduce you to my fiancé Mrs. Susan Perryman.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Perryman."

"Nice to meet you George." sticking out her hand to shake his. Instead he gently kissed the top of her hand. Susan blushed.

Mr. Perryman you told me she was beautiful, but that doesn't do her justice. Susan blushed again, turning to Greg, "You must have given him a big tip for that one."

What would you like to drink? "Sex on the beach," she giggled. "Yes mam," smiled George.

"Honey I wish I had ten men like George here working for me when I ran my company. He is a genius. George; me and Susan are planning to get married in a destination wedding in Tahiti in a few months. I want you to be my best man. I will cover the cost, you and the Sarah will pay nothing.

"Honey I need to go powder my nose. I will be back in a few minutes," smiled Susan. "George I hope you say yes. Greg talks about you all the time. I look forward to meeting your lovely wife. I have so much about you two from Greg."

Greg smiled, "Greg, if the hotel won't let you go I'll just buy the hotel and fire them all and then make you go."

George was standing in front of Greg wiping and making sure the glasses were dry and clean. "George is that really necessary or is that just a bar tender shtick? What do you think? Mr. Perryman."

"I think we have been friends for a long time, how about you calling me Greg."

"Alright Greg," George replied slowly nodding his head.

12