It's The Way You Look At Me Ch. 04

Story Info
Jamie finally gives in to her desire.
13.9k words
4.8
75.5k
105

Part 4 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 02/09/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

School and football practice dominated my week and left little time for anything else. Practice was intense since we knew the upcoming game was to get into the state championship game. It was the talk of the school and the eyes of the town were on us. We had moved into the number three spot in the state rankings so we were to face the number two seeded team. They were a well balanced team on both sides of the ball so we knew we couldn't take them lightly. We practiced hard each day until Friday night rolled around.

We left the school about a half an hour before we normally got out. We climbed aboard two charter buses and headed north towards Pensacola for the game. We checked into the hotel and got settled before we got back on the bus and headed to the school.

We ate lightly before sitting around the locker room and relaxing before the upcoming battle. The locker room was filled with light chatter as we sat around and shot the shit for a while. Once the game grew closer coach gave his motivational speech about tonight and how this might be the last game for the seniors. He wanted us to play our hearts out and leave everything out there on the field. He was very proud of us for making it this far.

Shane did his thing and got us pumped up before we took the field. The home side was packed as I headed out onto the strange field. Our side had a few fans that traveled this far north to watch us but it was nothing like last week. I started throwing with Jordan to get loose. We didn't have a whole lot to say to each other tonight. We were focused on what we needed to get done.

We passed for a few minutes before I decided I had had enough. I worked my way to midfield to say a few words to my mom before I went to the bench to clear my mind like I always did. I sat there in silence for a few minutes before Jamie leaned over the bench and broke my thoughts.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah," I said honestly.

"Don't be," she smiled. "You've got this. I'm cheering for you."

"I know," I said. "I've always got that working for me."

"Your friend is back too," she said.

I glanced up and saw the Texas guy there. I also saw the State guy sitting a few away from him.

"Guess I have to play well tonight don't I?"

"You always play well," she offered. "Good luck."

She gave me a simple kiss to my cheek before she turned and walked away. It felt strange to only get a kiss on the cheek from her. I watched her legs as she walked away to get a drink. I turned away as she bent over and grabbed it off the ground. I had to focus on the game and not on wanting her.

We lost the toss tonight so I had to sit there and let the defense take the field first. They played slow to start the game and gave up a couple of big plays before they figured it out and slowed them down. They ended up holding them to a field goal.

Mack took the kick off and headed straight up the field. He broke back to the left and found a huge hole. After he broke the kicker down he was in a foot race to the end zone. He got dragged down at the two and was denied the score.

"HB left slam Owen," coach called. "Let's get Mack that touchdown he deserves."

"You got it coach," I said.

I went to the huddle and called the play. I handed the ball off to Mack and watched him slam into the line and push his way through after Bobby bounced around and ran up Mack's back to push him through.

We kicked off again and stopped them relatively quickly. They moved the ball before stalling and having to punt. We got the ball back and tried to get something going. We went a few plays before stalling and had to punt. That was pretty much the way the first half went. Both teams would drive for a little while then stall and have to punt. We managed a field goal after Mack returned a punt a good ways before the punter grabbed him. We went into the half leading ten to three.

Mack took the second half kickoff and brought it out to midfield. We ran him up the middle on the next play and only got a few. Then we ran him left and got another few. We needed four now for the first down. Coach gave me the call as I went to the huddle and gave it.

"Zebra, drive slant, two count," I said. "Mack, stay home then slip out."

We broke the huddle and headed to the line. Wade and Jordan were both on the same side of the field. I took the snap and dropped back. Wade drove hard down the field as Jordan drug under the play and was open for the slant. I planted my foot and threw. Bobby rolled between my legs and knocked me over as Jordan caught the ball and fought for as much as he could.

"Fuck," I called as I hit the turf and pulled my foot from under Bobby.

He rolled over and climbed to his feet. He turned and pulled me up.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I gasped and hobbled around on my feet.

"What's wrong Owen?" Bobby questioned.

"Fuck," I groaned. "You just rolled my ankle. Dammit, that fucking hurts."

The pain was sharp and intense as I tried to walk it off. Bobby had twisted my ankle as he rolled between my legs. I knew it wasn't going to just be walked off. I would have to head to the sidelines and get taped up. I wasn't going to leave the game at this point. We were getting something going so I just tried to ignore the pain and grit it out.

I turned to the sideline to get another call. Coach's face was concerned as he looked at me and talked to me.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I grunted. "I'm good. Just tickles a little. What's the call?"

"You don't look good," he pressed.

"I'm good, let's go. Give me a play." I waved my hands around to tell him to hurry up. He looked at his play sheet and called in the play as I knelt down and started relaying the call to the guys.

"HB slam right," I said. "Check that. HB sweep right. Bobby, pull hard and find a guy. On two."

"Yes sir," Bobby said.

I grunted hard as I climbed to my feet.

"You ok Owen?" Jordan asked.

"Fine," I grunted. "Let's go."

I limped to the line and went under center. I took the snap on two and turned hard to my right to stick the ball way out there. The pain shot through my ankle as I stepped down and reached. I managed to get the ball into Mack's arms before I rolled to the turf and sat there watching the play.

Mack ran hard right and hid behind Bobby. He threw one hell of a block and let Mack slip through the hole. He went up the field before turning back to the left and headed across the field now. He shed one last guy and sprinted home to the end zone. I got to my feet and limped off as Shane ran out there to give me a hand.

"What the hell happened?" coach asked.

"My ankle got rolled when Bobby hit me."

"Ah shit," he huffed. "Where the hell is the trainer at? Get him over here and get that thing taped up tight before it swells."

I limped over to the bench and pulled my shoe off. It was already starting to swell up as the trainer started wrapping it up tight. It took some of the pain away as he finished and I put my shoe back on. I spent a minute or two testing it on the sideline. It wasn't the best but I could at least move.

Meanwhile, we had kicked off and they were working their way down the field. They were stopped shortly after they made it to the forty. They punted the ball away from Mack this time to avoid him getting it. I did my best to hide my pain as I trotted out on the field again.

We ran the ball three plays in a row before coach wanted a pass. I made the call then checked off to Jordan once I saw the back angling him to the outside. He turned hard inside then hand battled him back to the outside. I planted my feet and threw a pass. It hurt to plant and throw but I made it work. It went over Jordan's outside shoulder where he caught it and was brought down for a twenty yard gain.

Coach was standing there looking at me wondering if I was ok. I gave him the thumbs up as I got the next call.

"HB slam left," I called. "Check that. HB sweep right. Bobby?"

"I know," he smiled. "Find somebody to hit."

I handed the ball off to Mack. He followed behind Bobby until he found a hole. He turned up the field and was gone in a flash.

"You like that damn sweep play don't you Owen?" coach asked.

"It's worked twice now," I smiled.

"I can see that. Just remember not to go to the well too many times."

We had a twenty four to three lead with only a little time left in the third. They pushed the ball down the field but stalled again as Shane made a great tackle and held them from getting the first down. They tried a field goal but it went wide right.

We took over and tried the sweep play again. It got us ten. I threw a quick out to Jordan. He got five. Then I handed the ball off to Mack heading left this time. He got another ten before he got taken down and the quarter ended.

I paced around trying to keep my ankle loose as we waited for the start of the fourth. I went to the line with a run play and saw both safeties were at the line trying to stop the run. I pulled back and checked to Jordan and Wade. Mack stepped forward to get the change.

The safeties didn't retreat so I snapped the ball and gave a hard fake to Jordan. He turned and waited before taking off. The corner played the fake pretty well but Jordan had a step on him. I reloaded and sent the ball on the way. It was just a touch too long but Jordan made the grab with his finger tips and brought it under control. The corner gave chase as Jordan continued to pull away from him and scored. With that he set a new school record for the most receiving touchdowns in a single season.

"Alright Owen," coach smiled. "That was a great throw. Depending on what happens on this drive I'm probably going to pull you from the game."

"I understand."

"I don't want something stupid to happen and you get hurt worse."

"Yes sir," I said.

Three plays later BJ, our safety, snapped the ball out of the air and took it in for a score. I knew my night was over with a thirty eight to three lead with five and some change left on the clock. The trainer untapped my foot and packed it with ice before wrapping it up again.

It ended thirty eight to eleven. Next week we would be playing for the state championship at the Citrus Bowl in the middle of the state.

The hotel room was alive with excitement as we arrived back under very strict orders not to venture out and do anything stupid. We sipped on soda tonight as we relived the game. Soon there was a knock at the door as coach made his rounds. He warned us not to stay up too late. After he left there was another knock at the door.

Bobby pushed his way into the room and gave me a hug. Shane was on his tail as Mack and Wade celebrated with them.

"Sorry I rolled your foot," Bobby offered.

"Fuck it Bobby," I said laughing. "Buy me a twelve pack when we get back to town and we can call it even."

"You got it," he said. "In the mean time I got you this."

He pulled out another can for me and tossed it my way. Another knock at the door soon followed. Jamie, Courtney, Kelly, Mia and Trish pushed their way into the door.

We sat around for an hour bull shitting about the game and the coming week. We settled down after that as Jordan started wheeling and dealing.

"Can you go back with one of them so I can keep Kelly in here with me tonight?" he begged Wade.

"I'm not sleeping with one of them," Wade hissed. "My girl will kill me."

"I'll go," Mack said. "I'm still flying solo."

"I wanted to go back with Trish," Bobby said.

They started talking over one another as they tried to figure out who was going where. I just sat back and spit into my cup as they tried to figure it all out.

"I can stay here with Owen," Courtney's voice met my ears.

"So I have to sleep with Mack?" Jamie questioned.

"I don't snore that loud," he joked.

"It's not the snoring I'm worried about," she smiled.

"You're single," Courtney said. "What's the big deal?"

"So are you," Jamie retorted. "You go with him."

"Where are you going to go?" she asked.

"I can stay with Owen."

She gave this pissed off look at Jamie before turning to me for help.

"You know my answer," I said. "Jamie always comes first in my life. Isn't that the reason we broke up?"

"Fine," she huffed. "Come on Mack."

"Thanks Owen," Mack sighed. "Leave me with the pissed off one."

"Anytime," I said.

"Where the hell does that leave me?" Wade asked.

"Go with Mack," Mia said. "We only had three in there so there's an extra bed."

"So I have to listen to those two?" Wade joked.

"Haha," I laughed out loud. "She's so pissed off right now there isn't a chance in hell. She probably wouldn't fuck me at this point."

They all stopped to look at me. I just shook my head at what I had just said. Wade reluctantly left the room to catch Mack. The others left right after my warning about waking up early and getting back to the right spots before seven.

"So, do you think you and Jamie can leave us alone for about an hour?" Jordan asked.

"You got thirty minutes Jordan," I hissed. "I'm ready for bed and I can't go far on my ankle."

"Fine," he smiled. "I guess the anal beads are out of the question Kelly."

"Yeah," she said shaking her head. "As if."

"He was talking about himself," I joke.

They laughed as I limped to the door and took Jamie with me. I leaned on her as we walked slowly away to the pool deck. She pulled two lounge chairs together so we could sit and talk. I quickly plopped down in mine as she stood there with a half-smile on her face.

"I could have helped you sit down."

"I got it," I sighed. "It's not that bad."

"If you say so," she giggled.

I watched her walk in front of me so she could take her seat. Her little pink night shorts caught my eye as she turned to sit down. The words pink written in white across the butt were so true. I smiled to myself as she got comfortable and looked at me. The thin white shirt that covered her body did little to hide her dark bra that was underneath it.

"So, what's up with you and Courtney?" she questioned.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

"Why does she think you want to sleep with her still and why did you make that comment?"

I sighed. "She thinks we are going to still be there for each other now that we are separated." I put the quotations with my fingers around the 'be there' part.

"Oh," Jamie said. Her mouth made a big O as she said it.

"Yeah," I said.

"So, have you been there?" she asked playfully, making the quotations herself.

"No," I said shaking my head. "I've ah...kind of been seeing this other girl."

"Have you?" she sassed. "What's she like?"

"Well," I smiled. "I think she is perfect. She has this smile that lights up the room when she walks in. Her laugh is contagious, her eyes are so pure you get lost in them. Her physical beauty is unmatched by anyone I have ever met."

"But," I said before Jamie could speak. "She's more than just physically beautiful. She makes you smile and laugh. She is so kind and caring and giving. She lights up my day every time I see her. It's this feeling I get whenever I'm around her, butterflies in my stomach I guess."

"Her kiss leaves you wanting more. The way she touches me, I'm never in a rush to take things too far because I know the wait is going to be worth it. She's perfect to me. I couldn't ask for more. And the best part is I've known her all my life so I know everything about her."

"And you still want to be with her?" she joked.

"Of course," I chuckled a little. "Why wouldn't I want to be?"

She giggled her little girl giggles now. "You should let me meet her sometime. She must be something special if she's got you talking like this."

"The most special girl I have ever known," I said.

Jamie just smiled more as I looked over at her. "You can be so sweet sometimes Owen."

"Or lame," I joked.

"No," she giggled again. "Sweet."

"Thanks Jamie," I smiled.

She had her content smile on her face as she studied mine. She sighed before she looked over at me again and spoke.

"We aren't officially together," she said softly. "If you want to be there for Courtney you can."

"Why would you think that?" I asked. "Because we haven't had sex yet?"

"Well?" she thought.

"Let me ask you this," I said carefully. "Have you ever been with a guy and jumped in bed with him on the first or second date?"

"No," she said shaking her head.

"Then why is this any different than any other time you have started out dating somebody? I've had a one night stand once in my life. After that I dated for a while before I took it to the next level."

"I just... I don't know," she thought. "I guess this is a little different because we know each other so well and have for so long."

"But we are changing the boundaries of our relationship," I offered. "I'm seeing you, that's all I want right now and that's what I'm focused on. And the best part about all this IS the fact that I know you so well. I know every little thing about you and that makes this different than all my past relationships."

She smiled at me now. Her perfect smile that told me I had said the right things to make her understand how I felt about us and what we were doing together. She reached over and took my hand into hers and just held it for a minute as she thought about the conversation.

"I guess you are smarter than I give you credit for sometimes," she offered.

"I've got a soft side under this ugly mug," I teased.

She giggled again before we moved onto something else. We sat there for over an hour just talking about anything that came up. We didn't realize how long we had been out there until we both started yawning more and more. I checked my phone and saw it was way past the time we had set for the other two.

We climbed from the chairs and headed back to the room. I opened the door cautiously and listened for anything from the other two. I didn't hear anything so I took out my phone and used the dim light to guide us into the room and past the other bed. Jordan and Kelly were both curled up and sound asleep as we worked our way to the bed.

"They are sleeping," I whispered.

"I figured."

I slipped my shirt and pants off before climbing into bed. Jamie's outline was against the curtain as she pulled her shirt off over her head and dropped her bra to the floor. She slipped her shirt back on before dropping her shorts and climbing into bed with me.

"Did you set the alarm?" she whispered.

"Yeah."

"K. Good night."

I lay there flat on my back as she rolled over and face me. She rested her arm over my chest as she got comfortable. I could just make out her soft smile as my eyes adjusted to the low light. I smiled back and closed my eyes to try and get some sleep.

*

"Owen?" Jamie whispered.

"What?" I grunted.

"Shhh," she hissed.

"What?" I whispered.

"I'm freezing cold."

"What do you want me to do about it?" I whispered.

"Hold me."

"Come here."

I turned my body to my side and wrapped my arms around her as she turned and curled her body into mine. Her skin was cool to the touch as I pulled her against me. My hand crossed her chest as I moved around to try and get comfortable.

"Damn Jamie," I said softly. "You are cold."

She giggled softly. "I told you."

"Those things could cut glass right now."

"Perv," she giggled again.

Her body against mine started to have an effect on me. My cock started to swell slightly until it rested against her cheeks. She could feel it but didn't say anything. She just lay there and ran her fingers over my arms as I held her in the dark.

We laid there for a while just holding each other. Her soft skin against mine made me want to touch her more. My hand started to drift along her arm feeling her skin. I could feel the very fine fuzz that covered her arm as my fingers glided over them. Her breathing never changed. She only shifted harder into my body and enjoyed my calming touch.