I've Got a Feeling

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you sure it was Gary?" Monica repeated her question. "Your description doesn't quite mesh with how I would expect you to describe him. It might have been a friend or relative of his."

"You're worried some skank is going to try to steal him away, aren't you?" Heather concluded. "You've been keeping him from meeting your friends for a reason. You have a guy who makes you jealous for a change. Talk about poetic justice!"

"You married Gary Landis, didn't you, Monica?" Dawn, a member of the office staff, asked. "The rumor's been going around, but no one's dared ask since it seemed so farfetched. Nobody at the company even knew you two were dating.

"Most of us thought it had to be wrong. You're so beautiful and wealthy, while Gary's just a regular guy. Everyone likes him, especially the single women, but we never thought you'd settle for a man like Gary."

"Are you saying that I married beneath my station, or that Gary's such a nice guy he never would marry a bitch like me?" demanded a somewhat annoyed Monica. "We come from different backgrounds, but we went into marriage with our eyes wide open. We both expect to benefit from it."

"That's an odd way for a new bride to talk about her marriage and her husband," Heather pointed out. "So why the separate bedrooms? From what I saw of your guy, I'd be curled up tight to him every night."

"Heather, thanks for bringing in my flash drive. I really do appreciate it, but I do not appreciate your attempts to discuss my marriage in front of my coworkers. This is not the place or time," Monica stated firmly even as she worried about what Gary might think of the conversation.

She knew the people in the office well enough to be certain the entire conversation would be repeated many times over the next few days. She knew she'd be upset if the shoe was on the other foot and Gary was the one telling tales out of school.

When she returned to her new residence, Gary was in an upbeat mood. "Martha called a little while ago. She told me that Frankie and Brent would officially become our kids Monday afternoon. I can't wait to take them shopping for some new clothes and things. This marriage idea seems to be working out okay for both of us."

"The people at work know we're married. Dawn Roberts asked me about it today. Does that bother you at all?" Monica asked.

"No. Why should it? We knew people would find out, especially when we were granted the adoption," Gary replied. "Does it embarrass you to have our coworkers know you're married to me?

"I warned you that everyone at work knew that you were way out of my league, but you seemed to feel it was all worth it at the time. Do you want out of our deal already?"

"I never said that!" Monica retorted immediately. "I made the deal with my eyes wide open and I'm not going to welsh on it. I don't think that many people want to give the owner's granddaughter a hard time. You, however, could be overwhelmed by bullshit from your coworkers. Let's see how you handle it, Tough Guy."

Monday at work saw many of Gary's coworkers stopping by his station to ask about his new marital status and how he liked married life.

"The rumor was going around last week," one of his female coworkers admitted. "We just couldn't believe it."

"You think she's way out of my league, don't you?" Gary prodded. "She could have done a lot better, right?"

"No, we girls are wondering why you married her. You were never one to drool over a set of tits and a nice ass. You're a good looking guy with some self respect. Most of the single women here would have dated you if you asked, but you never did. How did she rope you in?"

"Isn't it possible that her beauty, money, tits and ass were enough to lure me over to the dark side?" asked Gary facetiously. "I just might be a lot shallower than you realized."

"You're not going to convince those of us who know you that you're a typical male who can't think straight around anything with a vagina," she replied. "You're one of the good guys. I don't know your new wife. She never bothers to speak to us working people. I think the truth about the why you married her will shake out eventually. We all wish you the best."

To Gary's surprise, the woman then hugged him hard and kissed his cheek. She was smiling as she turned to walk away. The smile quickly faded when she almost bumped into Monica, who had been listening to the entire conversation.

"Miss Henderson! I mean Mrs. Landis. I was just congratulating Gary on his marriage. I'd like to congratulate you, too."

Monica studied the woman's face briefly before giving Gary a quick glance. Gary could see that Monica was weighing her response before she spoke. Then she smiled to the woman.

"I don't believe we've met. You obviously know who I am and you seem to be on very good terms with my husband. How about we get together in the lunch room at noon? We should know each other better. I've been far too lax about meeting the employees here.

"I think we'll get along famously, once you realize that my husband is completely enamored and enthralled by my tits and ass. He just can't leave them alone when we're at home. I'm sure you've had some experience with men like that."

"I guess I have, but not with guys like Gary," the girl replied as she decided to speak frankly, even at the risk of her job. "Maybe you can explain it to me at lunch. How did you get Gary to marry you?"

Monica was becoming increasingly aware of the popularity of her groom among the single women employed by her grandfather. While she understood that Gary seemed to be polite and trustworthy, she was at a loss as to exactly why he was so highly regarded. Couldn't most men can be trusted once they mature? It just took some guys longer than others.

"I checked the records. Now I know you're Samantha Cook and you work in receiving," Monica began the lunchroom conversation. "It's nice to meet you, Samantha."

"Thanks. I've seen you on the campus but never spoke to you before," Samantha replied. "The word was you were not very approachable. I never saw you with Gary and no one I asked knew you two were a couple, so how did it all happen so fast?"

"That is a very personal question, which I don't care to answer," Monica replied, but with a smile to lessen the sting. "Could I ask you what you interest in Gary is? Did you date him?"

"If I had, I'd be married to him rather than you, or at least I would have given it my best shot."

"Can you tell me why you never dated him and why you feel so strongly that you would have married him?" Monica countered.

"I've worked with him for three years. He's always been professional and considerate. Anyone who has ever worked with him has been impressed with how he always does more than his share. He's been helping two kids who were in desperate straits.

"That all adds up to a pretty good guy. Toss in that he's good looking, smart, has a real nice home and you have a winner," Samantha reasoned. "I know he wouldn't marry you for your money and you'd probably have a prenup anyway, so a lot of us are naturally curious about what bait you used."

Monica listened with interest to Samantha's explanation. "There'll come a time when I might explain it to you, but I sort of doubt it. I'll admit that it's nice to hear Gary has such a sterling character, but he's not easy to get to know. This all makes me feel better about our marriage.

"I hope we can chat more often. I need to meet the employees and forge some relationships," Monica stated. "Gary is opening my eyes about a few things. We need to do this more often."

Brent and Frankie were unpacking their meager belongings when Monica returned home that evening. Gary was as happy as she had ever seen him. She couldn't help but compare his pleasure with seeing the two kids with his less than enthusiastic reception for her.

Gary took off from work the next day to take the kids shopping for school clothes and supplies. Monica was home long before Gary came in with the two kids in tow.

"Look, Miss Monica! We have new tablets and phones," Brent happily declared. "I have new sneakers and jeans, too."

"I have some new clothes!" Frankie declared as she held up several outfits for Monica to admire. "It's going to be so nice living with Gary and you."

Monica was taken back by the clothes Frankie was so proud of, but decided to not mention it until the kids were asleep. Gary was devoted to the kids, but it was obvious that he had no fashion sense when it came to young ladies.

The kids had been in bed for an hour and Monica was certain that they had to be asleep when she knocked on Gary's bedroom door. She thought he may have already been asleep but then she heard Gary speak.

"Is that you, Monica? Is anything wrong?"

"I'd like to talk to you, Gary, if you don't mind. It's about Frankie."

"Okay, come in," Gary called out after a short wait.

Monica noted that Gary was just sliding a shirt over his head as she entered. It was not soon enough to totally conceal his impressive six pack abs. She focused on her reason for speaking to Gary and willed herself to ignore his surprising masculinity.

"Gary, you should have let me take Frankie shopping. I'm far more capable of finding the right clothes for a girl Frankie's age."

"I think we did pretty good," Gary responded with an edge to his voice. "Frankie tried on all the clothes before we bought them and they fit her perfectly."

"I'm sure they did, but Frankie's at the age where she needs some direction with her choices in style and fashion. What kind of underwear did she get?"

"I, ah, don't think we bought any under garments, now that you mention it. Do you think she needs some?"

"That's what I'm talking about. You're totally clueless about young girls, their fashions and their needs. Of course she needs new underwear," Monica stated emphatically. "She's going to be needing bras as well as the talk about what to do when her monthly friend comes to visit. Do you feel comfortable helping her through those issues?"

"You already know the answer to those questions, Monica. I should have asked for your help before this, but I didn't think you wanted to be saddled with the responsibility of Frankie and Brent. I was just trying to take care of it all on my own."

"That's not fair. I never said anything of the sort. I like both of them and I'm supposed to be the mother figure in this house. We need to establish that," Monica insisted. "You know Child Services will be watching us to be certain the kids are in a safe and loving home. You did your part for my trust and for helping Mom see she was being conned.

"I'm invested in this family, such as it is. I want those two kids to have happy childhoods and become well adjusted adults. Let's work together on that goal."

Gary simply nodded but his gaze did not waver. "Are you looking at my breasts again?" Monica asked while trying to not chuckle. "You've seen women in pajamas before, haven't you? Why are you always staring at me?"

Gary face flushed red as he struggled to answer the question. "I didn't mean to stare and really don't want to offend you, but I've never before seen anything as beautiful as you are. I hope that doesn't creep you out."

"You've got a lot to learn about women. We get creeped out at unwanted advances, improper suggestions, crude remarks about our looks, and especially unwanted contact. You didn't me creep out. You were so sincere and you blushed so hard, it was flattering. Good night, Husband."

Gary had trouble falling to sleep as he considered everything Monica had said. He obviously had failed Frankie and that fact caused him concern. He wanted so badly to make her life more stable and her social position at school more acceptable.

Then there was Monica's reaction to his inability to look away from her when she came into his bedroom in silk pajamas which seemed to mold to her breasts. She didn't appear upset, but he could tell that she felt in control and that was not something he wanted to allow. He needed to be more disciplined in his interactions with the beautiful woman who was now his wife. She was right about one thing. He did have a lot to learn about woman and he needed to figure her out before she made him into a spineless bowl of Jell-O.

For her part, Monica was more curious about Gary than ever. Her brief glimpse of his torso had shown her enough to know why her friend Heather had been so impressed. He seemed to have the body of a Greek god, but he kept it concealed. Most men would be strutting around with no shirt on if that had Gary's physique.

Then there was the impressive property Gary owned. She had taken the time to check the county property records. He had paid almost half a million dollars for his little estate and had already paid off the original mortgage. She had married a man who was far more than he seemed on the surface. What reason did he have for being so secretive? How had he been able to afford the home she was now enjoying when he was so young?

Monica took Frankie shopping after school the next day. Gary was helping Brent with his homework when they came home after the shops had closed. Frankie was almost giddy as she told Gary about the things Monica had gotten for her.

"Look at these cool shoes and my new sneakers!" Frankie insisted as she held the items up for Gary to appreciate properly. "I even have some new swimsuits. Monica says we should all start going for a swim in the afternoon to improve our stamina and endurance. She said you'll have to do it, too."

"She did? What do you think caused Monica to think she could decide what the rest of us are going to do?" Gary asked with some annoyance.

"She said that when you saw her new bikini, you wouldn't be able to tell her 'no'. She looks really beautiful in it. You'll see."

Monica was grinning at Gary as Frankie explained her decision for the family to spend time exercising in the pool. It was apparent to Gary that Monica thought he'd do her bidding, regardless of what he wanted. It occurred to him that she was behaving more and more like a wife and mom, and less like a wealthy socialite training to assume control of a successful business.

The next evening after work, Frankie and Brent greeted Gary at the door as he came home from work. They insisted that he put on his swim trunks and join them in the pool.

"This is Monica's idea, so why don't you swim with her?" Gary asked. "I have things to do around the house."

"Monica is busy and told us to have you come out with us. She didn't feel that we should use the pool alone until we became better swimmers," Brent explained.

Gary considered the kids' request and agreed. "I'll get my suit on and be out in five minutes. Don't go into the water until I get out there."

Gary met the kids by the pool. He chuckled to himself as Frankie preened and pranced around in her new swimsuit.

"You sure look pretty in that new suit," Gary observed. "Now I have to be sure I keep all the boys away. I don't know if I should allow you to wear that suit if we have company."

As Gary expected, his expressed concern was exactly what Frankie wanted to hear. She flashed him a big smile and jumped into the pool. Brent immediately dove in after her. Then Gary jumped high over the pool and curled up for a cannonball. The kids were laughing heartily when he surfaced.

"Why are you wearing a shirt in the pool?"` Monica asked from behind Gary.

"I burn easily, so I...". Gary had turned to face Monica as he answered her question. His response stuttered to a stop when she came into his view. She stood on the pool apron in the sexiest orange bikini he had ever seen.

Her breasts more than filled her top. They appeared to be oozing out of the cups. Her waist was surprisingly slim while her hips flared just enough to give her the classic hourglass figure.

"Are you staring at me again?" Monica asked with an impish smile. "I'm not sure, but I get the impression that you haven't spent a lot of time around females. Do you always stare and get tongue tied around girls?"

"When they look like you, I do," Gary managed to state without averting his eyes. "I'm sure you knew you'd make me go all stupid again. That's why you waited until I was in the pool so you could surprise me."

"Gary, would you please take off your shirt. There's no reason to wear one in the pool unless you're a hundred pounds overweight. Toss it here and I'll put it on a chair to dry."

"I burn easily, so I wear a shirt to protect my skin," Gary asserted.

"No you don't. Besides, we're in the shadow of the house this time of day. You can't get burned without sunshine," Monica reasoned.

"Well, I like to wear it, so I...".

"Come on, kids. Let's take his shirt off!" yelled Monica as she jumped into the pool near Gary. Soon Gary had three sets of hands tugging at his shirt. He tried to push the hands away without hurting Monica or the kids, but it was for naught. He heard a ripping sound as both Monica and Frankie backed away with a large section of his shirt in their hands.

Gary's temper flared briefly, but seeing how hard all three of his opponents were laughing caused him to reconsider. This was what he wanted more than anything. Brent and Frankie were laughing and feeling like they belonged. Monica seemed to be enjoying the kids more as time went on. Maybe he shouldn't have been so worried about keeping his secrets.

"Is that a tattoo?"Monica asked as she moved closer to study his chest. "It's my name! You have my name tattooed on your rather impressive pectoral. When did you get that done?"

"It was a lark. I was out with a couple of friends and we drank too much, way too much. Somehow, we thought it would be a great idea if we all had a name tattooed on our chest. I can get it removed if it bothers you," Gary promised.

Monica stared at him for a few seconds before asking, "When did you get this done?"

"It was about four years ago, on Valentine's Day." Gary seemed nervous as sweat formed on his brow and he glanced around as if looking for an escape route.

"Four years ago? I was away at college and we had never met, so you couldn't have been thinking of me when you had it done. Tell me who this 'Monica' is, please."

"You'll be upset if I tell you any more than I have. We each picked a woman's name and had it tattooed on out chest. None of us could know any women with the name we each selected," Gary explained.

"Are you telling me that you randomly picked my name even though we had never met, yet somehow you wound up married to a woman with that name? Do you expect me to believe that?" Monica demanded.

"Well, I may have cheated a little," Gary admitted. "Mr. Henderson had given me a job a couple years before and I was always trying to do things for him to show how much I appreciated his confidence in me."

"I helped move a new desk into his office and he had your picture on his old desk. He told me your name and that you were his granddaughter. I was a little taken by your beauty so when I was drunk and had to think of a woman's name to carry next to my heart, you were the only one I could think of."

By this time, Monica was looking at Gary like he was a snake in the pool. Her eyes looked huge and tears trickled down her cheeks. She began backing up as fast as she could. She ran up the steps to the pool deck and hurried inside the house, leaving Gary to his own demons.

"That sounded a little creepy, Gary. I think you scared Monica with your story. Have you been stalking her or something?" Frankie asked.

It was quite obvious to Gary that if a ten year old could tell his behavior was not normal, Monica would find it far worse. He had really screwed things up.

"Maybe you should go apologize or something," Brent suggested. "Frankie and I don't want to lose our family, especially so soon after finally having one."