Jenny Ch. 01

Story Info
The improbable collision of a bachelor and a divorcee.
7.8k words
4.68
59.2k
23
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/10/2022
Created 09/22/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,590 Followers

This story was originally published in 2007 as Quartet, Jenny. It has been edited and improved (I hope). I'll let you, the reader, be the judge of its quality.

*

On a particularly warm, sunny Saturday afternoon in July, Tom Blanton met Jenny McGuire at Ingrid and Steve Inhalt's house party. It was a small party with only eighteen invited guests. The excuse was the sixth anniversary of the completion of the renovation of their house. Of course the builders, Tony Blanton, sons Tom and Vinnie were invited, along with their families.

Vinnie begged off, claiming a pre-arranged date with a new girlfriend. Tony and Louise accepted, as did Tom, albeit with no partner. Brant Cardmann, the architect of the renovation, and his wife, Julianna, came as did several of the Inhalt's neighbors.

Ingrid and Steve were popular in the neighborhood since they had supported a fight to stop a strip of condominiums being built along the edge of the ridge below, virtually spoiling the south-west view for the area residents.

George McConnell, Steve's partner in the sailboat 'Matron of the Sea,' came along as did Jennifer McGuire, Ingrid's friend and interior decorating consultant. Jenny, as everyone called her, was also a "single."

Tom and Jenny were introduced by Ingrid, who in very unsubtle fashion made sure each knew the other was unattached. The two chuckled politely at Ingrid's transparency, but weren't uncomfortable. Jenny had seen Tom around the village, and knew that he was the heir-apparent to his father's successful construction and renovation business.

Tom had seen Jenny at the New Classics furniture store where she worked. She had sold some new living room and bedroom pieces to Tom's parents over the past few years. While Tom had also purchased items at the store, he had been looked after by another of the sales consultants.

The two chatted politely for a few minutes and then circulated among the other guests for the next hour or so. When the food was brought out, they both sought out a chair, and as luck would have it, they found themselves sitting beside each other.

Jenny McGuire was a twenty-nine-year-old divorcee from an early marriage. She was five foot six inches tall and a nicely sculptured one hundred and twenty-five pounds. She had dark brown hair cut above the shoulder and simply styled. Her complexion showed a light tan on her face and arms, highlighting her most remarkable feature; her dark brown, almost black, eyes. She was attractive without being beautiful. Pretty was the word most people used to describe her.

Jenny had an eight year old daughter, Nicole, from her brief marriage. They lived in a rented house on the eastern edge of the village. She began working at the furniture store before she was married, and had risen from "gopher" status through the ranks to senior consultant. The product of her efforts was her ability to command a nice salary plus commissions.

There was talk at the store that she might begin accompanying Norman McDonald on buying trips with an eye to eventually becoming the principle buyer. The owner was in his early 60's and was finding the travel and pressure of the business to be increasingly demanding. Jenny loved the work and loved the McDonald family and it showed. Her customers remarked on her knowledge and good taste.

Jenny had everything except a man to share her life with. She had dated and even slept with a few men, but most of them didn't want her ready-made family, and the others were not her type. She had married young, and lived to regret her haste.

The only true love of her life at present was her daughter, Nikki. Her nickname was the only remaining souvenir of her ex-husband, who had coined it virtually at birth. Her ex was long gone and out of her life, thankfully. His dubious past had probably caught up with him, and Jenny really didn't want to know his whereabouts.

Tom Blanton, eldest of the two sons of Tony and Louise Blanton, was 28, a bachelor and undoubtedly the future of T. Blanton and Sons, Builders and Renovators. He was a graduate of BCIT with a Construction Technology Certificate. He had been working with his father since he was fourteen years old and had been a studious and helpful son.

He was five foot ten inches tall and powerfully built. At 190 pounds, his chest, arms and legs showed the effects of years of physical labor. With his short cropped blonde hair and seemingly all-year-around tan, he was an impressive figure. His father was particularly proud of him as he brought new ideas and technical changes smoothly into the business.

At first, his father had resisted the changes, sure of the tried and true methods he had carried with him for over four decades. But as the building codes changed, the materials evolved, and the procedures and regulations moved on into the twenty-first century, he knew that his son was the only one capable of keeping up.

Each day Tom became more the business leader. After getting over the shock of being surpassed by his son, Tony took great pride in his Tom's abilities. Their business had never been better or stronger. They had more work offered than they could accept. Many evenings, the family would gather and talk about whether to expand and become a larger concern, or stay a family business.

Vincent, the younger brother, was all for expansion. He saw it as a way to make the business a more desirable acquisition by a larger firm. Tom surprised his father by suggesting that their current size would bring them all the income, security, and satisfaction they could wish for, and consistently voted against expansion.

Tony was torn between the two options, but in his heart he was more comfortable with their size as it was. Louise, who also had a vote, abstained because she did not want her two sons to feel she was choosing sides. Secretly, she knew Tom was right. They had a good life and wanted for nothing ... with the exception of a wife for each of her boys; not to mention grandchildren.

As they sat side-by-side on the crescent shaped patio, Jenny and Tom found conversation easy and were comfortable in each other's presence. Tom asked Jenny about her business, and was interested in how she had progressed over the years. She told him of her failed marriage and her daughter, and how she was saving to buy the home they were currently renting from the elderly owners.

She worried that they would pass away before she would be able to afford the purchase, and that would mean moving. She didn't want to have to uproot Nikki and move to a new area. It would mean new schools and new friends for Nikki, and likely a long commute for her.

"Do you date?" Tom asked out of the blue.

"Not lately," she sighed. "I haven't met anyone that I wanted to go out with. When I do and they learn about Nikki, well, that usually turns them off."

"That's a shame," Tom said sympathetically. "Guys can be really selfish that way."

"How do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean, they're thinking of themselves, what they want out of a relationship. As soon as there's an obstacle or something, it's easier to bail out."

"Are you speaking from experience?" Jenny asked carefully.

"No, no, not at all. But I know the type," he said quickly.

"And you're not one of them?"

"You don't sound convinced." He grinned as he gazed at her.

Jenny smiled. She enjoyed trying to keep Tom off balance for a bit. As she watched him, she was aware of his very male presence. As yet, there was no sign of a macho display. He was different.

Tom was turning more frequently to look at Jenny. She was very attractive, and obviously both a successful career woman and single mother. His clumsy stab at the dating question wasn't rebuffed, and he was looking for a way back to learn more about her personal life.

"You're an eligible bachelor, Tom. How is it that you aren't married?" Jenny asked.

"Whap! Right in the kisser," he laughed. "I guess I deserved that."

"Huh?"

"Well, I wasn't very subtle when I asked you about dating, was I."

"No harm done, then?" she questioned.

"No harm done."

The food and drink continued to flow, but as the afternoon turned to evening, the party began to dwindle. By six, only half the guests were still there and Tom couldn't remember when his folks left.

Jenny and Tom had been absorbed in their own world. They talked about their lives and their hopes for the future. They compared the things they had in common and found there were many. They had risen to help themselves to some food and drink or to use the washroom, but otherwise they had been oblivious to the people around them.

None of this escaped the notice of Ingrid.

"Do I win the bet, then?" Ingrid turned to Steve.

"Hmmm, maybe. I suppose so," he conceded.

"I knew they were right for each other. You wait and see. They are going to be a couple, mark my words," she said confidently.

"I bow to your superior insight on human relations," Steve conceded.

"As well you should," was the cheeky response.

They were talking quietly so as not to be overheard. The four of them were the only people left on the patio. It was eight o'clock and the sun was about to drop below the mountain behind them. There were no insects to bother them and the giant granite boulder in front of the house was radiating the heat it had absorbed during the warm summer day.

In the past two hours, Tom and Jenny were touching on occasion. Tom had moved his chair to an angle facing her as they talked. Ingrid reached over to Steve's lounge chair and took his hand in hers.

"Do you remember those days, lover?" she asked quietly.

"As if they were yesterday. I still commemorate them, and all the ones to come in the future," he said, raising her hand to kiss it.

"Do you think they would miss us if we went somewhere for a while?"

"I don't think so. They haven't noticed anything or anyone else for the last couple of hours. What have you got in mind?"

"Watching them has me remembering our early days. It makes me horny," she said, nudging his shoulder.

"Is there a cure for that?" he asked, smirking.

"Yeah, come with me big boy."

"What about our guests?"

"Are you suggesting they join us, or just that we boot them out?" she laughed.

"Maybe they'll be still here in a couple of hours."

"Wanna bet?"

"Nope."

She stood up and took his hand and they quietly opened the far screen door and went into the house. Neither Tom nor Jenny noticed.

It was almost completely dark when Tom looked around and realized they were alone on the patio.

"Oops! Looks like our hosts are giving us a hint," he said.

"Maybe they're doing the dishes," Jenny suggested. "We should help."

They rose together, Tom unexpectedly taking Jenny's hand as they walked to the screen door nearest the kitchen area. There was no sign of the Inhalts, or in the great room either. Jenny's eyes widened and she put a finger to her mouth to indicate silence and still holding his hand, led him down the hallway toward the master bedroom.

A low light came through the bottom of the door and sounds were audible from within. Jenny covered her mouth and Tom leaned forward to listen to the unmistakable sounds of lovers in the throes of passion. They looked at each other and tip-toed back up the hall and quietly left the house by the great room screen door. As they cleared the side of the house and walked out into the driveway they both burst out in the laughter they had suppressed.

"Looks like they're a bit busy right now," she giggled.

They walked hand in hand toward their vehicles, conveniently parked within a few yards of each other.

"I'll phone them tomorrow and apologize for leaving without saying thank you," Jenny offered.

"It's early yet, Jenny." Tom was still holding her hand. "Why don't we go down to the seawall for a walk? We've been sitting all afternoon and it's a beautiful night."

Jenny hesitated, but only briefly.

"That would be nice," she smiled.

"Let's meet at Lawson Park."

"Sure, see you there," she said brightly.

Jenny was almost trembling as she unlocked her car door and slid into the small sedan. Tom had been a surprise. His physical presence belied a gentle, thoughtful man as they talked throughout the afternoon and early evening. She was not just comfortable with him, but stimulated as well. There was a chemistry that she couldn't define, but she could not recall ever feeling quite this way about any man before him.

She wondered what he might be thinking. He was attentive, a good listener, and it was he who suggested that they extend the evening. He had asked a lot of questions about Nikki, as well as her plan to purchase the house she currently rented.

They talked about past relationships. She learned he had dated infrequently, and yet to find someone he would "take home to mother," as he put it. She had not dated in over a year and had become very selective about any man she would date. They may have talked about their pasts, but both were thinking about a possible future. She started her car and drove down the road toward the village and the seawall.

Tom walked slowly to his truck and pushed the remote lock tab. He was trying to analyze his feelings as he thought about this afternoon. Jenny was a lovely woman, very feminine, but strong in many ways. She had a daughter she loved dearly, a successful career, and a determination to succeed in her personal life. He couldn't recall being attracted to a woman quite as strongly as he was to her.

He had dated more beautiful and voluptuous women, but none who beguiled and intrigued him nearly as much as Jenny McGuire. As he searched for the word that best defined her to him, genuine seemed right. And those eyes! What dark passion lay behind them? Her sense of humour was evident more than once, but no more so than their stealthy trip down the hall to listen at Ingrid and Steve's bedroom door.

He climbed into the truck and closed the door, but sat there for a few moments. She had affected him more than he realized. His invitation to walk the seawall was a last-second attempt to have the evening continue. He was pleased when she agreed. He started the truck and drove off toward the park.

Jenny was standing beside her car, waiting for him to arrive. He parked, climbed down from the big cab, and walked over to Jenny, holding out his hand to her. She took it, looking in his eyes as they met. No words were exchanged as they walked down the concrete steps to the seawall and headed east toward the rising moon.

Tom realized he was tense with anticipation. Jenny was lovely and he was excited to be with her here in the moonlight. Her scent was so feminine and intoxicating. He could feel his abdomen tingle, almost vibrating as he walked silently with her.

He wanted to say something, but didn't know what it should be, and didn't want to spoil the moment. Almost in a state of confusion, he stopped, turned toward her, leaned forward and kissed her gently on the lips.

As Jenny walked with Tom from the parking lot to the seawall, she too was perplexed, wondering what to do or say. Better to remain silent, she decided.

They had walked hand-in-hand for a while when Tom stopped, turned toward her, looking deeply into her eyes, drew her to him, and kissed her. It was a gentle, sweet kiss. She was caught off-guard for a moment, and then realized what a special moment it had been. Spontaneous, quiet, and warm.

She raised her arms and wrapped them around his powerful shoulders and kissed him back with the beginnings of passion. When the kiss ended and Tom had recovered from his surprise, he put his hands on her shoulders and gently pulled her to him. He kissed her more forcefully, his mouth slightly open and his tongue beginning to probe hers. She responded and they stood locked together for an unknown period. It was a moment of discovery for both of them, a realization that something extraordinary had happened that afternoon.

When the kiss ended, Tom and Jenny looked at each other with unspoken surprise. Tom pulled her back to him and held her closely to him, her head on his shoulder. They hadn't spoken a word since they had arrived at the park. Neither of them wanted to alter the spell that had been cast over them.

Finally, Tom took the chance.

"Something special happened to me today," he said quietly.

"Hmmm," was all he heard in reply.

They were silent again for a few moments. Tom was afraid her non-answer was a signal that she didn't feel the same.

"What time is it Tom?" she asked softly.

Tom pushed the light button on his watch. "It's just after ten."

"I need to go home and look after the babysitter," she said

"Of course." He was a bit dispirited. Was this the end of their day?

"Why don't you follow me? It's not far from here. We can have coffee, or a drink, or ... something," she looked longingly at him.

Tom's heart raced. It wasn't over.

"Yes, I'll follow you," he agreed.

They walked back to their vehicles quietly, their arms around each other.

Tom pulled into Jenny's driveway and parked. She was waiting for him on the steps to the front door. She turned and put her key in and opened the door as he arrived on the top step.

Audra, her babysitter, was standing by the living room couch, waiting for her.

"Everything OK, Audra?" Jenny whispered.

"Yes, fine Mrs. McGuire," Audra answered in a stage whisper. "Nikki went to bed just after nine and I haven't heard a sound from her."

"That's good, thanks Audra."

Jenny fished in her purse and produced a couple of bills and gave them to the young girl.

"Thanks again, Audra. I know it's been a long day for you."

"We had fun. Nikki's a great kid. She kept asking what you were doing at the party."

"Oh, excuse me, this is Mr. Blanton, a friend," Jenny explained, turning to Tom.

"Hi Mr. Blanton, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Audra."

With the introductions over, Jenny showed Audra to the door and again wished her goodnight. She closed the door, locked it and turned back to Tom who had remained standing in the middle of the room. She walked shyly towards him and they looked at each other for a moment.

Tom reached out to her and gathered her into his arms. Jenny's head was on his shoulder and her mind was racing. He turned his head and kissed her cheek softly and stroked her back with his large, rough hands. She turned towards him and they kissed, at first gently, and then with increasing forcefulness, each responding to the others rising passion.

They broke after a long embrace. Not a word had been said. Jenny took Tom's hand and led him down the hallway. Her bedroom was at the end of the hallway and when they entered, she closed the door behind them. A small lamp on a night table was the only light in the room and Tom once again brought her into his arms and kissed her.

"I want to make love to you, Jenny," he whispered.

"I know, I want you too Tom," she softly replied.

Tom slowly began pulling her cotton top out of her waistband and then lifted the pale yellow garment over her head. Jenny reached for his belt and undid it and then the top button on his shorts. When she lowered the zipper, they fell to his feet. She felt the prominent bulge in his jockey shorts and realized he was a big man there as well. She looked up at him nervously, her hand almost involuntarily holding his erect manhood and feeling its hardness.

"Don't be afraid, Jenny. I would never hurt you," he said quietly.

"I've never ... I mean ... it's so ... thick," she replied nervously.

"Jenny, I don't have a condom. I'm sorry, I didn't think ... I don't carry them with me," he suddenly blurted out with a concerned look.

"It's OK, I have some. Do you need one?"

"I was thinking of you ... just thinking a little late I guess," he said frowning.

coaster2
coaster2
2,590 Followers