Jenny Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ingrid and Jenny had spent most of the morning planning the wedding and comparing notes on other "women's issues" at the same time. They had become good friends over the past six years and truly enjoyed each other's company. The same could be said for Tom and Steve. Tom admired Steve's business acumen and had benefited from some of his recommendations since he had asked Steve to become his financial advisor.

But Tom was even more envious of his skills in the kitchen. Every meal seemed to be special, and Tom loved good food. Any dinner invitation to Steve and Ingrid's home was eagerly accepted. He was delighted that Jenny was a good cook, not chef quality like Steve, but good nonetheless. He idly thought about asking Steve where he learned to cook, and then put it on hold as he remembered all that would be happening in his life in the next few weeks. He was inordinately happy and wanted to savor the moment.

The afternoon passed uneventfully, but the mood on the boat was upbeat and cheerful. Jenny realized how happy and excited she was as a delayed reaction from Tom's proposal last night. Tom was equally euphoric and took every opportunity to embrace Jenny and express his affection and love for her.

Nikki amused herself with the telescope and playing with the toys that she had brought with her. She too was happy as she knew that Tom would be her new 'dad' and she could see that her mom was very happy. That made her happy too.

As the boat approached Fisherman's Cove, Steve broke out a bottle of Moet Champagne, popped the cork and passed around the flutes to all, including Nikki. Nikki's portion would be Ginger Ale, but she joined the others gathered in the wheelhouse to toast the engagement of her mother and Tom.

Later, Tom and Jenny huddled and discussed the timing of telling his and her parents of the engagement. First priority was Tom's parents and they decided that this evening would be best. Steve had suggested they would be back at Fisherman's by five and that would give them time to visit the Blanton parents about eight that evening. Tom thought about calling ahead to make sure they would be home, but decided against it. He was sure they would be, and didn't want to give away the surprise.

He and Jenny talked privately about their plan to have more children.

"I guess we were a little premature last night, Tom," Jenny smiled.

"How do you mean?"

"I forgot that it takes about two to four weeks after I stop taking the pill before I can likely become pregnant," she said.

"Well, at least we got some practice?" he chuckled.

"Hmmmm ...," Jenny mused. "We can even make some choices about when to try, you know ... right away, or after we are married," she said thoughtfully.

"Well, like I've said before, ladies choice," he smiled, nuzzling against her ear and neck.

"Maybe when we know our wedding date, it will be easier to decide."

"Yeah, that's probably right," she agreed. "You're pretty smart ... for a guy."

"Thanks ... I think," he grinned.

They arrived back at the dock just before five and by six, they were at Tom's house. They had said their good-byes to Steve and Ingrid and thanked them profusely for the wonderful weekend. While Tom showered and changed, Jenny made a couple of sandwiches for Nikki and Tom. She was too nervous to eat and poured herself a glass of white wine, hoping it would calm her down a bit.

Nikki was obviously tired from the trip, but no sitter would be available at that late date, and so she would join them on the short trip. Besides, Tom wanted her there. She was very important to him and his new family.

Jenny found some fresh clothes from the stash she had already moved to the bedroom closet, and headed for the bathroom. A glass of wine and a good soak in the tub on her agenda. At just after seven thirty, they got into Tom's truck and headed for the Blanton home, less than ten minutes away.

When Tony Blanton opened the front door of his home, he was a bit startled to see Tom with Jenny and her young daughter. He didn't grasp the significance, simply assuming that Tom had finally brought Jenny along to visit. The greetings were warm and they all walked together from the foyer to the kitchen where Louise was finishing putting away the dinner dishes. She looked around in surprise at Tony and the visitors and smiled broadly as she recognized Jenny and Nikki.

"Oh Tom, we didn't expect you tonight," she said. "You should have called and you could have come for dinner."

"We just got back from our weekend on the boat and needed to clean up, Mom."

"Well, it doesn't matter," Louise said. "Welcome Jenny. I'm so glad you could finally come," she said sincerely as she hugged Jenny. "And this must be Nikki. Hello, Nikki, nice to meet you."

"Hi," Nikki said simply. She was a bit shy during the introductions.

"Come and sit in the living room," Louise said as she herded the group out of the kitchen.

"Would anyone like a drink or something to eat?" she asked.

"No thanks Mom, we just had something before we came over here," Tom said a bit nervously.

"Actually, Mom, we came because there's something important you will want to hear," he continued.

"Last night I asked Jenny to marry me as she said yes," he said, letting his breath go as he finished.

"Oh ... Oh ... Oh Tom ... that's wonderful," she said as her eyes lit up.

She jumped up and rushed over to hug her oldest son, and then turned to Jenny.

"Oh Jenny, I am so, so happy for you," she said as she wrapped Jenny in a bear hug.

She then turned to Nikki and held her hands and smiled. "Nikki, welcome to our family," she said sincerely.

"At last," she said with tears in her eyes, "At last I get to be a Grandma!"

Tony stood with a stunned look on his face which gradually turned into a beaming smile.

"Well, it's about time, Tom," he grinned. "I was beginning to wonder if I would live to see this day. I must say, I like your taste in brides."

He walked to Jenny, gave her a warm hug and a kiss.

"Welcome, Jenny. I am so happy Tom has found you. I think he's a very lucky guy," he said sincerely.

"Nikki, come over a give your new Grandpa a hug and a kiss."

Nikki had been watching the proceedings without saying anything. She was a bit overwhelmed by the emotions of her new grandparents and all the noise of the raised, happy voices. She liked the voice of her new Grandpa. It was deep and friendly and she knew she would like him. She happily went to him to give him his requested hug and kiss.

Her new Grandma was much livelier and she was very happy, so that was OK too. As things started to calm down, Nikki sought refuge in a rocking chair near the front window and quietly watched and rocked the chair as everyone seemed to be talking at the same time.

As the hubbub and excitement died down, and Tony had passed around a celebratory drink, Tom looked over to the rocking chair and saw that Nikki was fast asleep. He nudged his mother and smiled as he indicated the young girl.

"Aw, the poor dear," his mother said sympathetically. "She must be exhausted. How does she feel about all this, Tom?"

"Well, Mom, I had made an agreement with her weeks ago that if I wanted to marry her mother, I would also ask for her permission too. So, first thing this morning, I asked her and she was fine with it."

"What would you have done if she had said no?" his mother asked.

Tom paused and looked at her with a wrinkled grin. "I don't know. I never thought of that happening."

Shortly after ten that evening, Tom picked up a sleeping Nikki and he and Jenny made their way out to the car. His mother and father walked with them, and Tom was pleased that they were so happy for both Jenny and him. They said their goodnights and headed back to Tom's house.

Jenny put Nikki to bed and headed for the kitchen.

"I need something to eat. Do you want anything Tom?"

"No, Jen. I'm fine," he replied sleepily.

He wrapped his arms around his bride-to-be and nuzzled her neck.

"I am one lucky guy," he said softly.

"I feel the same," Jenny said, smiling

"You think I'm a lucky guy too?"

"No ... I mean ... I feel lucky too," she laughed.

"Can I count on you being here every night?" he asked.

"I'd like that, Tom," she said, turning in his arms. "Waking up every morning with you will be lovely," she smiled.

"I might be late for work a few times," he said lightly.

"I think your men can spare you for a few minutes now and then."

"When do you want to move?"

"Tomorrow ... maybe after we look for a ring?"

"Hmmmm ... first things first, eh! Come on girl ... time for bed. We have to go to work in the morning."

"You go ahead. I'm going to finish my sandwich and tidy up. I'll be along soon," she said, kissing his cheek.

When she finally finished in the bathroom a few minutes later, Tom was fast asleep. She smiled a satisfied smile, gently stroked his hair, kissed his forehead and turned out the night table lamp. Sleep came almost immediately.

12