Joanie Still Sucks Her Thumb

Story Info
Her brother thinks it's cute that she still sucks her thumb.
9.4k words
4.49
209.5k
172
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
addieQ
addieQ
1,723 Followers

Please note, this story is very similar to another story titled JODI AND DAVID. I have re-written it, revised some content and cleaned up a few mistakes.

* * *

My little sister Joanie has this really vulnerable way about her. She can be really emotional - and she can let herself get so worried about things, little things. And, I've tried to be as helpful as I can be, and she seems to really appreciate it. I guess I really take on a lot as her big brother.

Right now she and I are both home from college for a little while, and it's been SO great to see her and catch up. We've always been close, and it has been really sad for both of us being away at different schools. Our parents are away on vacation for the next two weeks, so we have the house to ourselves. Not that we do much, we are both pretty quiet - we aren't the type to throw a big party with the mom and dad gone.

I should explain something, my little sister is really cute, at least to me.

What makes things even MORE cute is that she is sort of small, I don't know how tall she is, maybe less than 5 feet, and being tiny like she is, it's almost TOO cute. Even though she just turned 18, she still looks like she's still a girl in junior high school. She even talks with a squeaky little girl voice. This may seem silly, but hearing her funny baby voice just makes my heart melt, it's simply TOO cute.

And another thing, she has this really cute way of smiling, it's something about her lips. They are sort of plump and pouty. I think she uses a lot of lip-gloss, and for some reason her lips are always sort of glistening. Seeing her here at the house this week, I've noticed it even more.

But here's what is so emotional for me, since she's been home again these last few days, she's been acting really insecure and sad. And I really wish I could help, I really want is to see her happy. I feel like I should look out for her, and I guess I've always felt that way. It's a big brother thing, and I feel like I need to be protective.

Well, anyway - tonight I was out at the local library working on a project for school.

Joanie called me on my cell phone and she asked when I would be home. I told her it might be late, I had a lot to do. I heard seriousness in her voice, she seemed worried about something.

I asked, "What is it?"

"I guess I just need to talk."

"Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, I just feel so much better if I can talk to you."

"I understand, I'll be home as soon as I can, okay?"

"Thank you Danny."

I could tell something was bothering her. She spoke in her little baby voice, and it really got to me. I rode my bike thru the dark streets and I thought about how worried she sounded.

It was pretty late by the time I got home, I hadn't realized how long I had been in at the library. I thought that maybe Joanie would already be in bed in her room. I checked, but she wasn't there.

I walked down the hall and up the stairs. When I got up to my room, there was Joanie. She was sitting on my bed, biting her lip and looking dejected and sad.

"Hey Joanie, is everything all right?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Danny - I didn't mean to call you and sound all needy like I did."

I smiled and said, "Don't worry, it's okay."

I love her so much, that I just felt helpless seeing her so sad. She was fidgeting on my bed wearing her normal sleeping outfit, a long t-shirt, and probably just panties underneath.

She looked up at me with her big blue eyes, "Is it okay if - I mean - can we talk? I just really need the company, and you make me feel really - safe."

Joanie was acting so sad, and it just breaks my heart. And right then all I wanted was to help her.

"Joanie, don't worry, I'm here now."

"Are you sure it's okay? I mean - I know it's late."

"Yes, it's fine. I really wanna help..."

Then Joanie whispered, "This has been a hard time for me."

I said, "I can tell something has been bothering you..."

Joanie said, "I don't know what it is, what's wrong with me."

"You know you can always talk to me."

"Thank you Danny, I feel so lucky to have a brother as understanding as you."

"What's bothering you?"

"Some things at school have been so awkward for me. I didn't want to bother you with my problems, but I just don't know who else I can talk to. It's left me so - I don't know - so sad..."

"Listen, I want to help, okay?"

And then she went on to explain about life away at college, about being around other people, especially boys, and how insecure she feels. Everyone else is dating and having fun, but Joanie has been somehow unable to fit in, to have a normal life.

"I just feel so awkward that, I'm so - well - that I'm so tiny."

"Oh Joanie, you are so beautiful and so perfect."

"But - but - I don't feel that way..."

I sat on the bed next to her, and she looked up at me with such hopelessness.

I said, "Oh Joanie - You have such a sensitive way about you, so I understand how it must feel - it must be difficult."

"Is something wrong with me? Am I too sensitive?"

"No, I really love that you're so sensitive - it's what makes you who you are."

She crawled across the bed and hugged me when I said that.

I tried to encourage her, "Keep talking. This is helpful for me to understand. Go on..."

Joanie replied with a shaky voice, "Thank you - I really need to tell you some stuff."

I tried to sound as compassionate as possible when I said, "If I can help, even a little - please let me."

At this point I got right up on the bed, and I sat up against the headboard. I put my arm around my little sister and I encouraged her to lie down along side me. It's was nice, we always sit like this whenever we have a heart to hear talk.

I said, "I wanna help, okay?"

She nestled in close to me in such a comforting way. It was so delightful to have my arm around her. I just felt such a perfect closeness.

She paused before she spoke, "I really worry - a LOT - about boys, and if they will like me."

I was surprised by to hear her say that, but I could tell it was something that really bothered her.

I said, "Oh no please - Joanie, don't think that, you are so pretty."

"But my roommate, in the dorm, Eleanor, she gets SO much attention from boys. She's nice to me - she's my best friend, but I just feel so insecure around her."

"Why?"

"Well, she's tall, and has big boobs - and she has a really curvy figure - and all the boys just fall all over her."

"Joanie, please don't worry about your roommate. I really mean it."

"I can't help it. She always wears low cut outfits that show off her cleavage, and it's SO obvious that all the boys just love her big boobs."

"No, don't feel that way, you are perfect and beautiful."

"I'm just so tiny, and it makes me feel so sad - I feel like - well - like I'm stuck being a little girl or something."

I tried to console her, "Please, you're 18 now, and you are away at college, you are all grown up."

"But look at me, I mean..."

At that point she looked down at her own chest, and I looked too. It was true, she had very small breasts. It was funny, but the way she was laying on the bed next to me made her seem even more flat-chested than usual.

She spoke in her baby voice, "I feel so whiny, I mean, even though I'm 18 years old, I still only have the boobs of a little 12 year old girl..."

Then she sort of pulled at her t-shirt, and it sort of made it fit even tighter across he chest, and it was suddenly really obvious she wasn't wearing a bra, it made her nipples stand out. I was amazed at how lovely she looked.

She paused and looked away, she seemed so sad, and I felt powerless to help.

After a moment, she let go of her t-shirt, and she took a deep breath.

Then she spoke, "It's been so hard. I really like Eleanor, she's a great roommate, and she really tries to comfort me. I tell her everything I'm telling you, even - I mean, about how jealous I am about her boobs."

"Is it helpful talking with her?"

"Oh God, I'm not sure..."

"What is it?"

"I overheard some boys from school, in the cafeteria, they were talking - and I heard them talk about Eleanor. And they just went on and on about her boobs, how much they loved them. I mean, they were all excited about them. Something about it made feel so - I don't know - so sad."

I thought for a moment before speaking.

"Listen, I met Eleanor that one time, when I came up to visit, remember?"

"Yes."

"I thought she was very nice. And, yes, it's true, she has big boobs. But, I need to tell you this..."

She said, "Okay."

"I really think you are a lot prettier than Eleanor - and I think that..."

I paused and looked at my little sister. I was worried that what I need to say was too much.

I cautiously went on, "...I really think - that you shouldn't worry, because - your delicate little breasts are SO much more beautiful than hers."

We were quiet for a long time after I said that.

It seemed so funny that I would say something so intimate to my little sister, I mean, complimenting her little breasts is SO personal. But it felt honest, like I was being helpful.

Eventually Joanie looked at me with those big blue eyes, and she whispered, "Thank you for saying that."

I said, "It's true, your little breast are beautiful."

She looked at me, and smiled. And a little tear formed in the corner of her eye.

"Oh Danny, thank you - I loved hearing what you said - and thank you for being such a good brother," And she kissed me on my cheek.

We sat in silence for a long time.

I thought to myself about everything she had just said, about being so jealous of Eleanor. All of it made me so sympathetic toward Joanie and her insecurities about her little breasts. I wanted to help, to be as loving and supportive as I could. I felt this deep NEED in me to let her know just how truly beautiful she really is - especially to me.

Finally I asked, "Joanie, is there anything I can do to help?"

She thought for a second, and said, "I'm not sure."

"Anything..."

"Well, I've always had such nice memories of when we were kids, and when I would get scared at night, you were always so nice to me."

I thought for a little bit, "You mean when you would sneak into my room and ask to sleep in my bed?"

"Yes, it was really a nice thing for me. I felt so safe."

"I remember that, you were so cute."

"I've been so nervous lately, and I haven't been able to sleep. Last night I hardly slept at all."

"Well, it's late, and I think we should both be asleep. How about you stay right here and maybe you'll sleep better tonight."

"Really?"

"Sure, it would be nice."

She smiled and excitedly said, "Oh Danny, I would LOVE that!"

And then she kissed me on the cheek, and snuggled in close.

She said, "Do you remember I would make you leave the light on?"

"Sure, I remember - you were scared of the dark."

She meekly asked, "Can we leave the light on tonight, just like we used to do?"

"Of course."

She asked, "You remember those baggy blue pajamas you wore?"

I laughed and said, "I forgot about those! You used to make fun of them."

She giggled too, and it felt so good to hear her sound happy.

She asked, "Do you still have them?"

"No, I'm too tall to fit them these days. Now I just wear my boxers to sleep."

She sat up and said, "I'm cold, I'm gunna get under the covers."

And she squirmed around and pulled down the blanket and got into the bed. She pulled the blanket up close to her chin.

She let out a satisfied, "There, that's better!"

Then, I got up and stood next to the bed. I pulled off my clothes and let 'em all fall to the floor, just like I always do before going to sleep. I stood there in front of my little sister wearing nothing but a pair of baggy blue boxers, but that felt totally normal. Joanie had seen me walk around the house like this for years.

She looked up at me, "Well, you may not have those old pajamas, but at least your underwear is still blue."

I smiled at her little joke, and then I pulled down the covers and climbed in next to my little sister. This may seem funny, but there was nothing awkward or uncomfortable about any of this. It felt really peaceful and nice.

We lie there, side by side in silence for a while. I thought about when she was a little girl and how scared she acted when she snuck into my room. Now she is 18 years old, and I could tell she was worried about things in her life right now. So I carefully put my arm around her, and she instantly nestled in close.

Then, I quietly whispered, "Joanie, I want you to listen to me. You shouldn't worry about the other girls at school, especially about your roommate Eleanor. You are perfect and lovely and wonderful."

She snuggled in close to me. I pulled up the blanket around both of us, and let her get comfortable. I pulled her in tight against me.

She let out a contented, "Mmmmm..."

And she seemed to melt a little.

I whispered in her ear, "This is nice, to snuggle again like this, after so may years."

We were both quiet and still for a long time.

She quietly whispered, "Danny, are you still awake?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Did you really mean what you said to me?"

"What do you mean?"

She sounded nervous when she spoke, "When you said, that - you thought I was prettier than Eleanor..."

"Yes, I said it because it's true."

And she spoke with a shaky voice, heavy with emotion, "And - then you said - that - you thought my little breasts are delicate and beautiful. Do you really mean that?"

"Yes Joanie - I really mean that."

"I want you to know, that was so nice for me to hear. Thank you."

I kissed her softly on the forehead and whispered, "I love you Joanie - sleep well, sweet dreams."

She replied, "I love you too."

After that she was totally silent, just the gentle noise of her soft breathing. It was obvious she appreciated me being home, and I felt so good knowing that I was kind and helpful.

I snuggled in close to my beautiful little sister and I let myself drift away and sleep.

* * *

Suddenly - my eyes were open. The light next to the bed was still on, and it was still dark out the window. Why was I awake? How long had I been asleep?

There was a funny little noise, and it seemed to wake me up.

Something was different. There was a weird dreamlike feeling, almost like things were too vivid. It was as if we were both in some other realm, someplace magical. I lay there, with that odd feeling you get before you are fully awake.

There was a quiet little sound coming from Joanie. I wondered what it was, it sounded like a tiny squeaking.

I looked over, and Joanie was sleeping on her side - with her back to me. I couldn't see anything - but when I sat up, I was completely startled. Joanie was happily curled up, fast asleep - with her thumb in her mouth!

Oh my God, she still sucked her thumb! I remember she used to do that as a little girl, but I had no idea she still did it. I was surprised, and honestly, it was cute, like she was still a little kid or something.

I was mesmerized by the image of my sleeping little sister doing something so adorable. I grinned to myself and shifted my weight, propping myself up on one arm to get a better look at her. I watched for a few minutes, and it was really haunting - how enchanting she looked.

Her lips were all moist and glistening, from the wetness of her own thumb. There was something so pretty about her plump little lips as they sparked in the pale light of my bedside lamp.

Oh my god, my little sister looked unimaginably lovely.

Carefully, I reached out my hand and stroked her cheek softly, tickling her a bit. She mewed softly, but she didn't wake up. Then - I reached out my arm and touched her on the tip of her cute little nose, and then watched as her eyes flickered, then opened.

With her thumb still in her mouth, she surveyed her surroundings with her liquid eyes, until her sleepy gaze fell upon me, smiling down at her.

She looked up at me, and she continued to gently suck her thumb.

After a little while, she realized what she was doing, and that I was watching her. Right then, her and her eyes grew wide and she stopped sucking. She slowly pulled her thumb out and turned away from me, curling up in a ball. She was blushing.

I whispered, "Awwww, Joanie, it's okay."

She didn't move.

"Joanie, don't worry - you looked cute."

She didn't answer. At first, I thought she was upset, and she might be crying.

Joanie was facing away from me. I put my hand on her t-shirt, on her shoulder, and gently pulled her toward me. She yielded to my touch, and I rolled her onto her back.

She meekly looked up at me with her big beautiful eyes. It was obvious she was ashamed that I caught her doing something so childish.

I whispered, "Don't feel bad."

"But it's embarrassing."

"No it's not - It's cute."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to see me like this. It makes me feel so - I don't know - like a baby or something."

"Joanie, don't let yourself feel that way."

"I don't know why I do it, I just do it when I sleep - I can't help it."

"I watched you, it was pretty."

"You watched me? Right now?"

"It was nice."

"Oh Danny, really? How long?"

"Maybe a few minutes."

"Oh God - Now I'm really embarrassed."

"Don't' worry - you looked really cute."

And then, instead of responding, Joanie looked at her own hand. Her own thumb. It was shiny and moist from being in her mouth just a moment before.

She spoke in a sad voice, "I don't understand why I still do this, I can't help it."

The emotion in her voice just broke my heart.

I said, "Oh Joanie Honey, please, don't feel bad. I feel good right now, and so should you."

She held up her hand and showed me her thumb, almost like it confused her, and she needed an explanation.

My little sister softly stated, "This is what I was trying to say earlier, when I said I worry that people must seem me as such a little girl or something."

I replied, "I watched you suck your thumb, and I thought it was beautiful."

She smiled when I said that, then she asked, "But why do I do this? Why is my thumb such a - I don't know - just such a burden?"

She held her little thumb for me to see, and somehow - she just looked so mixed up.

The room was quiet and filled with an oppressive emotion. I couldn't help myself. I leaned in and gently kissed the tip of my sister's wet thumb.

I whispered, "There, does that help?"

She replied faintly, "A little."

She didn't move her hand, and her tiny thumb was still pointed at me. She remained stone-still and she looked so beautiful in the dim light of my bedside lamp. I was entirely focused on her wet little thumb.

And with that, I cautiously kissed it again, right on the little moist end. But this time, slower, and more tenderly.

Joanie spoke in her amazing baby voice, "That feels nice."

And I kept on kissing, and it felt wonderful.

It would be hard to fully explain the feeling of Joanie's thumb against my lips. The kissing felt beautiful. I looked at my little sister as I softly kissed the tip of her little wet thumb, and any bit of sadness was gone, instead she looked delighted.

It felt so good to see her like that, looking happy and content, that I kept on kissing her thumb.

She let out a satisfied, "Mmmmmm..."

With that, I carefully wrapped my lips around the very end of her thumb, and held it softly in my mouth. Then, I allowed myself to suck, just a little, like a nursing baby.

I was waiting for Joanie to tell me to stop, to protest at my boldness, but just the opposite was happening. As I sucked her thumb, her eyes lit up and she smiled at me. I was amazed at the exquisite wet taste on my tongue, I was tasting her wet mouth, everything just seemed to fill me with a deep sense peace.

addieQ
addieQ
1,723 Followers