Just Once If You Don't Mind? - Ending

Story Info
I took a stab at writing an ending to a great story.
2.5k words
3.6
30.1k
27
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you Kalimaxos for allowing us to continue your story with our ending.

Just Once... If You Don't Mind? - Loving Wives - Literotica.com

Looking back, I knew this was what I wanted, but really what was my motivation behind it? Rick and I were drifting apart, and I made a bunch of excuses and convinced myself that I deserved a break from our marriage, just six weeks was all I wanted. What I wrote in that letter to Rick and the ultimatum:

I have reserved a room for us at the Ambassador Hotel near the airport. If you still want me, meet me there two hours after my flight is due back. I plan on going there alone after my arrival. Please don't come to the airport when my flight lands. Please don't make a scene. Either take me back or walk away.

There was no remorse in my last words to Rick. Either take me back or walk away. What was I thinking? He wouldn't be waiting for me.

I also had a little bit of a reality check over my six-week excursion. There was never going to be anything more than a fling between me and Tary. It was nothing more than sex. And it wasn't sex every night like I'm sure Rick was thinking it would be. No, we were here to do a job and some nights were late and I just needed sleep.

But yes, there was sex at least three nights a week. It was pure sex, there was no tender lovemaking like I have with Rick. That's not what Tray had planned for me. It's funny, one night the last before we left to return home, I asked Tray if he could ever see us together. He looked at me like he didn't want to respond. I knew his answer was no by the look on his face. "Why not?" I asked.

"Marcy, you told your husband of 24 years that you were going away for six weeks, and you would be fucking another man. You didn't even try to hide it from him. I don't know your motive behind your choice to rub it in his face and frankly, I didn't care. I knew I was the recipient of your betrayal and that was all that mattered to me. But to answer your question, no, I'm sorry Marcy, but I wouldn't date or marry a woman like you. A woman that could be that ruthless, have no regard for her husband's feelings, and enjoy, perhaps, the humiliation you are inflicting on him, no I would not want you to be my wife."

"I left Tray's room that night and wasn't with him again. I switched my seat on the return flight, so we weren't sitting together. In the hospital we worked at in South America, I did my job but had nothing more to do with Tray.

Penny could see that I was upset, and I told her what Tray had said to me. It made Penny think about her husband and what she was doing to him and their relationship. She was cheating on her husband too. But she was discreet when I came right out and told my husband Rick what I would be doing over the next six weeks, which was fucking Tray.

You hear people say that doctors and nurses cheat on their spouses all the time. But I never did. I was always a faithful wife raising her children was my husband was away fighting for our country. Oh, don't get me wrong, I was tempted, and I had plenty of opportunities, but I stayed faithful.

I'm not sure if Rick stayed faithful to me. There was Diedre. And I know something happened between the two of them. I have no proof, but she gave me a look that told me something did happen between them. I even used that as one of my excuses for why Rick should let me have these six weeks.

Today was the day of reckoning. Would Rick be waiting for me when we landed, or do as I ask of him in the letter? Would I be served with divorce at the baggage claim, the hotel or would something be waiting for me at home? After six weeks of betrayal, I knew he wouldn't be waiting for me at the hotel ready to accept me back. Who was I kidding?

Well, what transpired at the baggage claim was not what I had expected.

"Penny Washington," a man asked carrying a manila envelope.

"Yes, I'm Penny Washington."

"You've been served," he responded, turned, and walked away.

Penny sat on the floor and just cried. I tried to console her.

"This is all your fault," she said; "Rick did this to us." I had to agree, 'That bastard,' I thought to myself.

Penny wasn't the only nurse who served that day. Two other nurses and three doctors were served with divorce. 'Rick's handy work.' I thought to myself. Maybe I had underestimated my husband. But it turned out that it was not Rick. One of the other nurses informed our spouses that we were all cheating while in South America.

I waited for a man to approach me, but it never happened. I went to the Ambassador Hotel to see my fate. But Rick wasn't there either and neither was a man holding a manila envelope waiting for me. So, I got back in an Uber had headed home. Yes, I was expecting the worst and it was waiting for me.

My husband was not home but there was a letter sitting on the kitchen table. I took my bags to my room, fixed myself a drink, and sat at the table ready to read the fate to be bestowed upon me.

Dear Marcy,

I love you and always will. But what you did to me was unacceptable. To think that you would come home after six weeks of fucking your lover Dr. Tray and I would be here waiting for you with open arms was a ridiculous dream. But you already knew that, and I have felt for a while that we have been drifting apart and just denied it.

So, before I continue, yes, I had sex, sex, not intercourse one time with Diedre. For the rest of my tour, I was faithful to you. I knew it was wrong and I have felt guilty ever since.

Now, let's start with our financials, I have separated everything that we help jointly 50/50. You have control over the old checking and savings accounts, and I have removed my name. I have opened checking and savings accounts under my name. My pay is deposited into my account and yours continues to go into the old account. I did this in anticipation that we may divorce. Depending upon our future together, the house will be sold, and the proceeds will be split 50/50.

If you are wondering where I am, I took a little vacation myself. I am with Leslie. It's what you wanted to happen so you wouldn't feel guilty, right?

And no, I didn't just jump in the sack and start fucking her. But we did start talking to each other, going out for dinners, and spending time together. Besides being a gorgeous woman, she is very intelligent. Her husband is an idiot for wanting to share her with other men, but he has his demons to deal with.

This week will be the first time that Leslie and I will be having sex and I plan to enjoy it just as you did with Dr. Dickhead. I am hoping that Leslie is right when she says that it is only sex, but I feel that she is lying to herself, and she might be enjoying spending time with me more than she thinks. Her husband is a little worried too, but he agreed to let us go away together. Leslie told me that she is attracted to older men, and she hasn't had a steady lover in a while. I'm not sure if that is for me or not, but I'm open to giving it a try.

So, Marcy, the ball is now in your court. I left two manila envelopes for you on the table. One is a separation agreement, so nothing is permanent but could lead to a divorce and the other is a divorce agreement. Look them over and you make the decision.

Oh, one last thing. I had nothing to do with the shit show of divorces to come. I wasn't the only one who knew what was going on at the hospital in South America.

This was a scenario that I didn't expect. I was truly expecting the house to already be on the market.

At this point, I realized that this story could continue and go in different directions. Feel free to continue if you like; but I and going to end my story here.

I thought about my options and Rick was right, what I had done to him was unacceptable and we have been drifting apart.

Rick would be away for a week with Leslie, so I had time to reflect on the past 24 years of marriage to Rick and consider what he had done for our country. I was selfish to think of myself and not the sacrifice he had made. If I was going to cheat on Rick, not that it was right, but should have been when he was deployed not now when we were together, and Rick is a loving husband again.

I should have cheated when all the other military spouses did.

So, I made my decision. I wanted my marriage back and threw both the separation agreement and divorce agreement in the garbage.

"Hello Rick," I said Saturday evening when he returned home from his week away with Leslie. "I read your letter and the options you gave me, and I threw them both in the garbage. You are my husband and I want you back. I know it will take time and I will wait. Also, I moved my things into the spare bedroom."

"Are you sure this is what you want Marcy? Because right now, I love you but also hate, better yet, despise you and I will not end my relationship with Leslie just because you want me back."

"I completely understand and accept my fate."

I became a loyal and faithful wife. I limited my late hours and met Rick when I could for lunch. I was still a nurse so late shifts were to be expected, but I had sanitary and eventually was only working two evening shifts. In the evenings I didn't work late, I had dinner at the table waiting for Rick and I was there for him until he was able to forgive me for what I had done to him.

Did Rick forgive me right away and did our life improve? No. Rick continued to see Leslie for quite some time, and I was afraid every day that I would lose him. Rick was discreet, but I knew they continued their affair after they returned from their week together.

I was very close to my daughter, even though she was away at college, and I confided in her; I was not going to lie to my family about what had happened and that while married, her father and I were not truly together. She was appalled at my actions, to say the least, "You deserved whatever Dad does to you, you slut! You're lucky he didn't divorce you and take revenge on you and your lover. I'm sure with his military connection, he could have ruined both of your lives forever."

She was right, and I never thought of it. Over time and with help from Rick, my daughter and I are as we used to be. She even started to feel sorry for me. Rick and I were now roommates rather than husband and wife.

Tray ended up moving to a different hospital out of state, but I had no contact with him, other than work-related, since the night that he pretty much told me I was a lousy wife.

Rick and I finally got back together. I tried my best to be the perfect wife. Rick would take his anger out on me, and it was always a one-sided fight. I just accepted everything he said to me and yes. I would cry but I never tried to justify any of my actions ever again.

It was two months before I finally approached him with an STD test showing him that I was clean. "Rick, would you please make love to me tonight," I would ask every other week, sometimes more often, and we would spend the night together. My toys would only do so much for me.

Each time Rick would make love to me, I couldn't believe I ruined our life together.

As for Leslie and Vincent, we talked with each other like happy neighbors, we even went to each other's homes and out for dinner together occasionally. When we were all together, you wouldn't know that Rick and Leslie were lovers. They were very discreet.

One day Leslie came to me and said that she planned on getting pregnant. I cried myself to sleep that night. I just hoped that Rick wouldn't be the father.

"Marcy! Leslie said with excitement. Vincent and I are going to have a baby." She was sure to say it in a way that I knew it was Vincent's child. I guess Rick and Leslie ended their relationship, but I had just accepted they were lovers so never noticed anything different.

That weekend, Rick moved me back into our bedroom. Was I a second choice, I didn't care. I was getting my husband back and that was all that mattered to me. And look, it's been 5 years and we are happily married again. And I treat Rick with respect and while I may not always agree with him, he may say or do something to piss me off. I never fought with him. I have changed and I know my place. It is the life I have chosen for myself. My therapist told me that it is not a healthy relationship to always give in, but I don't care. I will never lose my husband again.

So, Mary, why am I telling you, my story? Because my son has followed his father's footsteps and he is also a military man. I think I may have had some resentment because Rick was not there for me and the kid. I was being selfish. Rick sacrificed more than I did, and he was doing a service to our country.

I just wanted you to remember that and not end up like I did. I know the two of you love each other and I want you to be a loving couple it may be difficult at times, but never give up on your marriage and love for each other.

"Thank you for sharing your story with me. I already know a few of the wives that are cheating on their husbands, and I don't want to be one of them."

The End

I started drafting this story on September 11th and I thought it was only right to thank our military. I am originally from New York.