Justine Ch. 20

Story Info
Wilhelmina.
12.3k words
4.85
23k
17

Part 20 of the 22 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 02/14/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers

The Realm was in a frenzy. Word of the weeklong gala has spread like wildfire. Even though the event was more than two years away, frantic calls were made to dress makers, hair and make-up artists and anyone else anyone could think of. To delay was to invite disaster for once the true professionals were taken, one had to rely on those new to the field or those who were mediocre at best.

Wilhelmina was among the first to make a phone call and she got the people that she wanted. She didn't care that they didn't like her or didn't want her as a client; she paid well for them to put up with her. Of the people that she selected, there was only one who resisted. However, he soon came around when the name of his mate was mentioned.

Wilhelmina smiled. It felt good to know that there were still those who feared her. The smile disappeared as she thought about her dwindling number of those who would have been able to help her. In the past week alone the Queen had arrested, tried and punished no less than two-hundred of those who had been loyal to her when she had been in power. Every day there were new reports about the arrests but the one that hit hardest was the arrest of her right hand woman Alicia Duchain.

Wilhelmina let out a string of profanities when she heard of the arrest. When she calmed down, she remembered hearing that the current Queen was sometimes easier on the females but that didn't mean that she would go easy on Alicia or that Alicia would be freed in time to help with any planning.

She wondered how the Queen found Alicia. She was a master at hiding and not being found unless she wanted to be. That meant only one thing, someone had betrayed Alicia and by extension her. She made a mental note to find out who it was and when she did, they would be sorry.

Thinking about Alicia filled her with longing. Alicia was the only other person that she knew of who was as ruthless as she was and who wasn't afraid to take what she wanted. It was because of Alicia that she had never made Thomas her equal. Her initial plan had been to rule forever by killing any female child that she thought of as her replacement and then to get rid of Thomas. Once that was done, she would make an unprecedented move, make Alicia her co-ruler, and openly acknowledge her as her lover.

Her impeachment ended her plans and for all of these centuries she waited and now she had only one slim chance of taking back what she had lost. The question she had was where Alicia was and was she still alive. Cold rage rose in her as she thought about what could be happening to Alicia. There had to be a way to find out about Alicia without raising suspicions.

She looked over at Thomas and didn't like what she saw. Something had changed. He looked and acted like the same timid and weak vampire that she knew him to be but something ...

"I see you've already booked Julian, Phillip and Moon." Gabra a former queen from Ethiopia said.

"What of it?" Wilhelmina snapped.

"Nothing... Just making conversation." Gabra replied unfazed. "You really must interact more with others, I find your manners... lacking."

"Then don't converse with me!" Wilhelmina replied her voice terse.

Gabra only laughed at her and walked away. Wilhelmina stared at her back and wondered what the real purpose of the brief conversation had been.

********

When he didn't get a response back from his contact, Thomas began to make other plans. He knew that there were those in the Realm that hated Wilhelmina, but the question was would they help him. BBut more important, could he trust them? He was still in a quandary about what he should do about Lottie. As long as Wilhelmina was planning, she was safe enough, but the closer the time of the gala came; the more danger her life would be in.

He wondered where his contact was and hoped that he wasn't in the queen's custody. If he was, then he hoped that the Queen would look into his soul as she was reputed to be able to do. If she did, she would see that Lorenzo Delgado was as honorable as they came and that he had been pulled into Wilhelmina's web like so many others had been.

He still had nightmares about that night. When he closed his eyes, he could still hear the screams of the humans as they awaited their fate. Up until that moment, he had no real idea of what Wilhelmina had been planning although he was aware of her feelings toward humans. Lorenzo also realized what was happening but it was almost too late. Between the two of them, they had managed to save only four of the humans. Wilhelmina wasn't aware of this only because Lorenzo had taken full responsibility, thus saving his life.

Soon afterwards, Wilhelmina had been impeached. He and Lorenzo talked one time afterwards.

"Thomas, keep an eye on her, she means trouble whether it's now or in the future. Part of my accepting full responsibility for the escaped humans is so that you can watch her."

"What do you think she'll do?" Thomas asked. "She'll spend eternity in the Realm."

"I don't know." Lorenzo said. "But I don't trust her."

"But you trust me." Thomas commented.

"Yes, but only because you tried to help the humans and I know that you've tried to reason with her about her views." Lorenzo replied. "But Thomas, watch yourself and whatever you do, don't let her find out what and who you really are. She'll either use it against you or try to get you to use it to her benefit but I suspect the latter."

"Lorenzo, do you really think that she'll try something?" Thomas asked.

"Let's hope that I'm wrong." Lorenzo said. "But if you ever need to reach me say the word treason into any portal and I will respond."

It seemed impossible that that conversation had happened centuries ago and that what Lorenzo had feared was happening.

"Lorenzo, where are you?" Thomas murmured.

He looked up when Gabra walked past him. She gave him the barest of nods and moved on. Thomas was startled and surprised. He knew that Gabra was one of the past Queens who hated Wilhelmina and wondered if she wasn't a potential ally. Time would tell he decided as he stood to go to his suite. On the way, he passed Lottie who gave him a shy smile. In that moment, he decided not to tell her. The less she knew the better and if he told her anything, it would be just enough to keep her safe.

When he got to his suite, he locked the door and set wards that he hadn't used since before he mated with Wilhelmina. The wards set; Thomas sat down in front of the mirror and said the word.

"Treason."

*********

Naila was awake and eating when the first summons came. Lorenzo ignored it deciding that he would answer it later. He knew who it was and wondered what was happening that he was hearing from Thomas after so many centuries.

Naila was looking a little better than she had the day before although her face was still swollen and bruised. She could however, open her eyes more than half way and the pain was gradually decreasing. She had gone from eating just soups to soft foods, which Lorenzo insisted on feeding her.

He continued to shower with her even though she objected. Afterwards he would apply the cream to her back, get into bed with her and hold her as she slept. The second summons came during one of those times. Lorenzo swore as he slowly eased out of bed. Naila moaned, moved into the spot where he had just been and went back to sleep.

Lorenzo went into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Open." Lorenzo said softly.

A few seconds later, he was looking at Thomas.

"Where are you? Are you well?" Thomas asked.

"I am well but my mate hasn't been. That's why I didn't respond the first time you summoned."

"Lorenzo, you were right! She is planning something but I have no proof."

"Tell me what you know." Lorenzo said as he glanced behind him making sure that he was still alone.

He listened without interrupting.

"This Gabra, do you believe her to be trustworthy?" Lorenzo asked when Thomas was through.

"I believe so but it is too soon to say." Thomas replied. "I know that there are others who hate her as much as we do but I haven't spoken to any of them yet."

"Don't" Lorenzo advised. "As you say it's too soon and we know too little. I agree that Lottie is safe for now but I will work on getting her here. As you know, only the Queen can give permission for someone to leave the Realm."

"I understand." Thomas said.

"Thomas, I know that you're worried but if we bring Lottie here too soon, Wilhelmina will know that you know something."

"Then she'll take Lottie hostage." Thomas said. "What are you going to do?"

"Alert the Queen of course and start laying the ground work for bringing you and Lottie here..."

"Her first." Thomas interrupted. "I don't care what happens to me but I need to know that Lottie is safe."

"Agreed but in the meantime see what you can find out and watch your back."

"I will and I'll be in touch."

Lorenzo closed the portal and sighed.

"Why now?" he murmured as he thought about the woman sleeping in the next room.

"Lorenzo?" Naila called softly.

"I'm here baby, do you need something?"

"No... who were you talking to?" she asked.

He started to lie to her and tell her no one, that he had been talking to himself but he stopped. It was time for the truth just not now.

"Go back to sleep and I'll tell you about it later." he said as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Naila, will you be alright for a few minutes? I need to speak with my brother."

"I'm ok." she assured him and closed her eyes.

Lorenzo kissed her forehead, dressed and left the room. A few minutes later, he found Maurice in his office looking at the laptop screen and sipping a cup of coffee.

"May I come in?" Lorenzo asked.

"Of course you may." Maurice replied. "I told you that this was your and Naila's home. Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"No thanks." Lorenzo replied as he sat down.

"Naila must be doing better if you've left her alone." Maurice commented.

"She is and I only left because I have urgent information to share with you."

Maurice closed the laptop. The word "urgent" had caught his full attention.

Lorenzo told him about the summons from Thomas.

"What I didn't tell you," he said, "was that Thomas helped me save the four humans that lived. He was going to admit to it, but I told him not to because I had a feeling then that Wilhelmina would cause trouble further down the line. But what I don't understand is why now? Why didn't she try something when one of the weaker queens was reigning?"

"That's a good question and one that I'm sure Justine will ask but my question is this, who is Thomas? And why is he just now saying something?"

"Two reasons." Lorenzo replied. "A servant named Lottie, and until recently he wasn't sure."

"He's in love with Lottie is that it?" Maurice asked.

"He always has been but never acted on it." Lorenzo replied. "And before you say it, this isn't a ploy to get her out of the Realm. Wilhelmina demanded that she and Thomas break their bond for a reason; she wants to use Lottie to coerce Thomas' help. That's why he turned her down. The only thing that he's asking is that we get Lottie out of there, he's willing to stay."

"Is Wilhelmina crazy? Surely she can't believe that she would succeed?" Maurice asked.

"To answer your first question, yes she's crazy, but she's also a realist. I honestly believe that she thought that the Queen of Queens would never appear even though she believed in it. During her reign, she killed hundreds of women and girls whom she considered threats to her position. She knows that her chances are slim, but I have to be honest with you, a week long gala only helps her."

"She may think so but she is at a disadvantage." Maurice said. "She doesn't know Justine. I'm sure that she's keeping track of what's happening but she doesn't know Justine personally."

"I've only met her once but I see what you mean." Lorenzo said.

"Do you have to rush back or can you stay while I call Justine."

"I can wait." Lorenzo said.

*********

Justine and Josephine sat in the living room with Pam, Violet and Zoe looking at bridal magazines.

"I want a small wedding and these dresses look like something for a coronation." Justine said wearily.

"Yes but you only get married once." Josephine reminded her.

"I know but all of this for less than ten guests? I don't know mom, it seems extravagant." Justine replied as she thumbed through a magazine.

"I suppose you would wear a sweat suit and Reeboks?" Josephine teased.

"Could I?" Justine asked.

Pam began to laugh; she couldn't help it.

"Good luck with convincing her to wear a gown."

Justine gave Pam a withering glance and turned back to Josephine.

"How about a compromise?" she asked. "Let's see if we can find something that's a combination of the two?"

"Or something that isn't as ornate." Zoe suggested. "You have a dressmaker at your disposal. We could call him instead of going through the magazines and Queen Mother; he could design your dress as well."

"I have a dress maker?" Justine asked. "Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"I didn't know until we started looking through the magazines what your preference was and I thought that maybe it was something that you and your mother would enjoy doing together." Zoe replied.

"Alright, call the dressmaker... what's his name?" Justine asked.

"His name is Nolan and he is always at your disposal." Zoe replied.

"Have him come tomorrow evening for dinner... does he eat food?"

"No he doesn't but he'll be fine as long as you have warmed blood for him. By the way, you also have a hairdresser and makeup artist at your disposal as well. All of these people will be the ones preparing you for the wedding and the gala."

"Well hell, call them too. I might as well meet them." Justine said. "Pam and Violet, could I get you two to plan the menu for tomorrow night? In fact, could you work with the caterers on the menus for the gala? Just bring me a copy of the menus when he has them so I can look at them."

Josephine watched Justine as she delegated. The thought that she was born to do this crossed her mind and the memory of Justine's birth followed.

"Mom? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about the night that you were born." Josephine replied.

"If you will excuse us." Violet said sensing that mother and daughter needed time alone.

"Thank you all for your help." Josephine said as the women stood to leave. "And one more thing, please call me Josephine. You've all been like family to Justine and I also consider you family."

The three women looked at each other and then at Justine who only smiled at them.

Several seconds later, they were gone leaving Justine and her mother alone.

"I was telling you about the night that you were born." Josephine said. "When I first saw you I knew that you were special. I know that every parent thinks that of his or her child but this was different. I knew that you were born to do something great but this? I watched you as you delegated and as you fulfill your role as Queen. Honey, this is what you were born for and I am so proud of you."

"I'm proud of you too." Justine said her throat tight. "And I'm glad that you're here."

As they hugged, Justine's eyes landed on the open page of a bridal magazine. It was the magazine that Josephine had been looking at but she had never turned the page.

"You really like that dress don't you?" Justine asked.

"It would look beautiful on you." Josephine replied.

"Then I'll wear it under one condition." Justine said. "You wear one exactly like it."

"What?" Josephine asked.

"We've lost so much time together that ... look, I'm still pissed at David but he loves you and that's what's important. It may take a while for me to stop being angry but that doesn't change the fact that he's your mate and a part of this reign. So I think that it's only fitting that we get married together."

"I... what about Quinn?" Josephine asked.

"Quinn will agree, so what do you think?"

Josephine looked at the picture of the dress and then back at Justine.

"I would like that." she replied hugging Justine again.

*******

David, Mikhail, Darren and Quinn were working on the indoor garden. Quinn was surprised that David knew so much about horticulture.

"My mother was an avid plant lover." he replied. "I spent a lot of time helping her in her gardens when I was a child and later when I was a young man."

David hesitated.

"What's on your mind?" Quinn asked.

"Justine, do you think that she will ever forgive me?"

Quinn stopped working and looked at him.

"She's still plenty pissed, and you can't blame her but eventually she'll come around." Quinn replied. "The main thing is that you love and care for her mother and that you are now a part of this whole thing. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't push her."

"Thank you." David replied relieved.

"No problem and David? What size tux do you wear?" Quinn asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"You're getting married. Justine just told me that we're having a double ceremony."

"Are you alright with this?" David asked.

"I'm good and if you think about it, it makes sense."

"I guess it does." David replied after a minute.

********

Thomas paced and tried to calm down. It would raise suspicion if he acted differently. The nervousness wasn't for him but Lottie. He was glad that he hadn't told her anything. He wasn't sure that she could have acted normally. He thought about whom in his family that he could ask for help and decided that he didn't trust any of them enough to contact them. They were as greedy as Wilhelmina was and to trust them was like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

His father, Anthony Rhys was as driven and as greedy as they came. When he found out that Thomas was the mate to the Queen, he had been ecstatic.

"You do me proud!" he said and slapped Thomas on the back.

That had been the only time his father had ever told him that he was proud of him.

"She's lucky to get you... there aren't too many of us around. Make sure that she knows that." he added.

"Yes father." Thomas said. But he did not intend to tell his mate to be anything about his lineage. She didn't like him and the feeling was mutual, but the pull of the mates couldn't or wouldn't be denied. The thing was the only physical attraction was of a sexual nature. It was something that he didn't understand any more than he did before. Of course, he had no one to talk to about it and went through with the mating, which was unsatisfactory at best.

"Get it done!" Wilhelmina snapped as she opened her legs.

Unbelievably, he was actually hard. He rammed into her so hard that she grunted and a few thrust later, he had emptied his seed in her praying that there was no child as a result. Much to his relief, after that night they slept in separate suites with him going to hers on occasion to do what he considered a job.

He found out years later that she had a lover that went to her suite every evening. Alicia Duchain.

Thomas shuddered at the memory of the woman. She had been as cruel and unfair as Wilhelmina had been and he had hated her just as much. She and Wilhelmina had the same agenda, as he would find out the night that the humans had been murdered.

He hadn't thought about Alicia in years and wondered where she was. His hope was that she was rotting in one of the Queen's prisons somewhere. As he thought about his next step, he marveled that after all of this time Wilhelmina hadn't asked about his lineage.

His mother Patrice was the daughter of a long line of vampires some of whom were mage and had little use for the Queen or anyone who served them unless it was in their best interests. Their politics unfortunately were the same as Wilhelmina's politics; humans were good for only two things. Food and servitude. If any of them would help him, it would be his mother but she was firmly under the thumb of his father. That one fact was the thing that ruled her out as a possible source of help. The control that his father had over his mother would also be the one thing that would bring further danger to Lottie. Wilhelmina would force him to contact his family and enlist their aid, which they would all too willingly give.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,663 Followers