Justine Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

To the amazement of both of them, Thomas actually looked better. His skin wasn't as pale and had a warm glow to it.

"I think that I can walk now." He said with a smile that lit up his face.

Lottie stood up and held out her hand. Playfully Thomas pulled her on top of him and kissed her. She giggled when he nipped and then sucked her lower lip.

"Thomas! Not here! This isn't our room." She said when he broke the kiss.

"Then let's go to our room." He said as he rose from the bed still holding her in his arms.

Lottie squealed as Thomas floated around the room doing a series of loops and dips. Finally, he landed on the floor so gently that there wasn't even a thump.

"I guess it worked." Thomas said happily. "Now I can pull my weight around here."

Before they left, Thomas put the room back to rights. It looked as though it had never been disturbed. Thomas carried Lottie to their room stripping them before they reached the bed.

"This is the final step." He told her. "You agreed to mate with Thomas Rhys the vampire but you haven't agreed to mate with Thomas Rhys the mage. Lottie Dunham, will you mate with Thomas Rhys the vampire/mage?"

Lottie didn't have to think about her answer.

"I would mate with you no matter whom or what you were." She replied. Lottie looked into Thomas' dark eyes and understood something. She understood why his family had treated him as they had. It just wasn't because he wasn't like them they wanted to control him. In order for that to happen, they had to have one thing; her.

"What are you thinking about?" Thomas asked as he slid into her. "Tell me what bothers you."

"I.... I can't think right now." Lottie replied and then let out a sigh as Thomas kissed her shoulder. She shivered when the tip of his fang grazed the area that he had just kissed and then pierced her skin. Although Maurice and the others had taken blood from her, Thomas wanted to be sure that she was protected by him as well.

He didn't take much. It was just enough to claim her and so that he could find her anywhere and her him once she drank from him. Thomas had tasted her blood before but now he could have sworn that it tasted sweeter. He resisted the urge to take more; the mating needed to be completed.

Suddenly there was a sense of urgency to complete the mating. He thrusts into her with long hard strokes pulling almost completely out when he withdrew. He listened to Lottie's cries making sure that they were cries of pleasure and not pain.

Lottie clawed at his back drawing blood. Instead of hissing in pain, Thomas moaned with pleasure and thrust even harder into her holding her in place.

"You are ... now ... you are now under my protection!" he said in a strained voice as he released his seed into her. "No one can harm you."

Lottie tensed and then bucked against Thomas. The muscles in her neck stood out as she cried out his name. Before her orgasm had completely waned, Thomas held his wrist out to her. She gave it the briefest of looks, kissed it and then bit.

She drank until Thomas made her stop but she wanted more.

"That's enough." He said as he gently but firmly pulled his wrist away.

She lay in his arms feeling more at peace than she could remember. She was just dozing off when she remembered that she hadn't answered Thomas' question.

"Thomas, do you understand why your family treated you as they did?"

"I know." He replied, "And it no longer matters. I am where I want and need to be."

"Will they come to the gala?"

"I don't.... yes; they're coming. Lottie, I need you to listen to me" Thomas said his voice intense. "They are going to try to take you. I don't know when or how, but you mustn't ever leave my side for any reason. I know that I will find you if they take you, but I don't want you taken at all."

"I understand." Lottie said. "You're different." She said kissing his chest.

"That's because I know that I can protect you and everyone else in this house if I need to." Thomas replied.

"Do you think that your family knows that your gifts have wakened?" she asked.

"No and it needs to remain that way." Thomas replied. "My family has committed treason many times over the years and it is time for them to answer for it. Also you will never be safe unless they are dealt with."

"You would imprison your family?" Lottie asked surprised.

"If it will keep you and those that I care about safe, then yes I would imprison them. But you forget that I no longer consider them my family. You and the people in this house are my family."

"But what of your mother?" Lottie asked. "You said that your father ruled with an iron fist. Is she not a victim? Didn't she try to protect you?"

Thomas hesitated. He hadn't thought of his mother as a victim. While she never spoke against his father about the way he was treated; she always tried to soothe him afterwards.

"What you say has merit." He said. "I'll speak to Justine about it."

********

The same conversation regarding safety was happening in each suite and at Maurice's house. The gist of the conversations was the same with each male exacting a promise from their mates that they wouldn't wander off.

"But I thought you said that they want Lottie and Thomas." Naila said.

"They do." Lorenzo replied. "But they will use any of us to meet that goal. It's imperative that you don't wander off away from me."

"But..."

"No buts Naila." Lorenzo said firmly. "If I have to compel you to stay close then I will."

Naila nodded. She was remembering what happened the last time she didn't do as she promised.

"I promise." She said after a moment. "After this is over, can we move to our own house? It's not that I don't like living here; but I'm ready to make a home for us."

"We could do that, but Naila you have to understand something; we can't live on the other side of the country. We have to be easily accessible to each other and Justine and Quinn."

"I can deal with that." Naila replied. "And I don't care where we go. I'm just ready to be alone with you."

"I know baby." Lorenzo replied kissing her temple. "Let's get through the gala and then we'll see what happens."

*******

"We're moving aren't we?" Regina asked when she and Maurice were in bed.

"I believe so." He replied. "It's time."

"Do you have any idea where? Somewhere where it's warm all year around would be my vote."

Maurice chuckled. Regina hated the winter although he and the children didn't mind it.

"That will depend on Quinn and Justine." He replied. "But I think that Quinn is thinking along the same lines that you are."

"What about his daughter?" Regina asked.

"I don't know." Maurice said. "Regina I cannot stress enough how important it is that you always stay within touching distance of me."

"Maurice, I get it." Regina replied. "We've danced this dance before."

Maurice blew out a breath. She was right and she had never gone against what he said in regards to the safety of her and the children; but this was more than about them.

"I know that I sound like a broken record." He said. "But every one of us is having this conversation. This isn't just about you and the children. It's about the safety of many of vampires and beings if they manage to get their hands on Lottie and Thomas."

"I know... I'm sorry; you're just doing what you're good at."

"No apologies are needed." Maurice replied. "It's been a stressful few weeks and we haven't seen nearly enough of each other. I was thinking... Jon has been asking about going to see Mickey Mouse... what you think about a trip to Disneyland?"

"I think," Regina said as she slid her hand under the blanket, "that it's a good idea."

********

Quinn, Justine, David and Josephine sat in the back yard enjoying a moment of peace and quiet. By mutual consent they all agreed not to talk about the gala or the wedding ceremony. Instead they talked about moving.

"I'm for someplace that never sees snow." Justine said.

"I'm all for that." Quinn replied. "But as we talked about, there's Lana to consider."

"What are you thinking as far as location?" David asked.

"I don't know... Florida?" Justine asked.

"Miami is nice." Josephine offered.

"How about... California?" Justine asked. "I mean what's not to like? Ocean, warmth, palm trees and if we wanted snow for some unknown reason; it's accessible."

"I like it but what about Lana?" Quinn asked.

"What kind of work does your ex-wife's husband do?" David asked.

"A little of this and a little of that." Quinn replied. "The economy and the job market haven't been good for them. Right now he's working at a restaurant bussing tables and he works part time as a handyman at Lana's school."

"Does he have any formal education?" David asked.

"I think he took a few business courses but didn't finish because of money." Quinn replied. "I offered to help him but he said no. He only agreed to us paying for Lana's schooling because it was directly for her."

"Would he consider relocating?" David asked.

"I don't know... why do you ask?" Quinn asked.

"Could you arrange a meeting? I can help him without it appearing as if I'm doing him a favor." David replied.

Once again Justine was struck at how kind hearted David could be. It helped that he and Josephine considered the children their grandchildren, but she wondered he was going to convince Jared that he wasn't doing him a favor.

"I can do that." Quinn replied. "I'll set it up for after the gala is over."

"So." Justine said. "Are we moving to California?"

"I think so." Quinn replied.

********

Emmanuel watched the royal quartet from the indoor garden. He had a decision to make. He had grown to like all of them especially Justine with her kiss my ass attitude. What he found hard to believe was that no one had picked up on the fact that he wasn't being completely honest.

He was there to alter the wedding gown, but he was also there to watch and report to the Rhys. The problem was that he had no way of getting information to them even if he had any to give. He had expected to be allowed in on the inner circle and that hadn't happened.

He asked himself whether he would give the information if he had it and he just didn't know. For the most part, Thomas had remained out of sight and his mate Lottie didn't seem to be anything special. He made a decision, after the final fitting; he was leaving. The summons requesting his skills had been nonstop once word got out that he had designed the royal quartet's attire for the gala as well as the attire of the heads of security and their mates.

"Treason is punishable by death." A soft female voice said from behind him.

Emmanuel turned to see Gabra standing behind him.

"To answer the question that you just asked yourself, you would have given Rhys the information." She said.

"I don't know what you're babbling about." Emmanuel said nervously.

Gabra shrugged her shoulders.

"How did you become involved with the Rhys'?" She asked. "What did they promise you in exchange for information?"

"I'm no traitor!" Emmanuel retorted. "They said that they were concerned about him because he hasn't been answering their summons."

"But yet you agonize over what you should do." Gabra mused. "That tells me that you knew better. The fact that you are planning to disappear before the gala confirms that. But you haven't answered my question, what did they promise you?"

"I don't have to talk to you." Emmanuel snapped.

"No, but you do have to talk to me." Justine said quietly. "Did you really think that we didn't know that you were lying? Why do you think that we kept you at arm's length? Didn't it strike you as odd that we never discussed the gala at dinner or whenever you were around?"

Emmanuel looked at Justine. His heart raced when he saw the flames in her eyes burn a bright red. He imagined that he could feel his skin blister from her gaze alone.

"Now answer the question, what were you going to get out of telling Rhys about Thomas?" Justine asked.

When he didn't answer, Justine took a step toward him. Emmanuel took a step back and backed into Quinn. He yelped, turned around and began to back away. Finally, he realized that he was trapped between them.

Moments later he was sitting in the very cell that Jeremiah Mathers had occupied cursing the day that he met the Rhys. How he allowed himself to be talked into spying for him, he didn't know. The incredible part was that he wasn't being paid anything.

"They are Mage." Gabra said. "He tricked you but you had every opportunity to come forward. He has no power here. The fact that you were questioning the wisdom of your decision is proof that you knew that you were wrong. My suggestion to you is this; tell them what you know. It may save you from a term in prison."

"Prison? I didn't do anything!"

"You spied on the court of the King and Queen. You were going to give the information to known traitors. Intent is a punishable offense."

"Why are you here and not them?" Emmanuel asked.

"I wanted to be the one to present your options. Justine and Quinn will be here to see you in a few moments."

She left Emmanuel alone to think about his options. It wasn't long before he realized that he had none. He wasn't going to prison for anyone especially if he wasn't going to be compensated for it. As soon as they came, he would tell them whatever they wanted to know.

********

Wallace Dunham looked around at the opulence of the hotel room where he was staying. He was still sitting in the same spot that he had been sitting since his arrival. He was still peeved that he had been forced to accompany the vampire that sat guard outside of the hotel room. The truth was, he had been too afraid to object too much. He didn't know who these vampires were and maybe if he cooperated; he would be home by the next evening.

As he looked around the room, he saw a carafe of blood sitting on a table. He licked his lips. It had been months since he had tasted quality human blood. He had been reduced to feeding from the drunks and drug addicts who had the misfortune of having no place to go after dark.

Suddenly he was moving toward the carafe. When he reached it, he didn't bother pouring it into a glass. He picked the carafe, put it to his mouth and drained it dry. He moaned with pleasure as the slightly thickened liquid coated his tongue and ran down his throat.

"It's been quite some time hasn't it?" Anthony Rhys said from the doorway.

Wallace turned to look at him but didn't respond.

"My name is Anthony Rhys."

"Anthony Rhys? What do you want with me?" Wallace asked. "I don't owe you money."

"No you don't but I believe that we can help each other." Anthony replied.

He snapped his fingers and another carafe of blood appeared.

"Help each other? How?" Wallace asked.

'It's simple." Anthony replied. "I want you to go to the gala. If you do, you'll never have to feed from another drunk or drug addict for the rest of eternity."

"I wasn't going to the gala." Wallace replied.

"I'm aware of that." Anthony replied. "But think about it. All you have to do is attend every night and you will never want for anything. You will be under my protection for eternity. I will also settle any debts that you still owe."

Wallace stared at him.

"That's all that I have to do?" Wallace asked.

"That's it." Anthony assured him. "I'll even provide the clothing that you need."

"Why me?" Wallace asked.

"I needed someone specific and you meet that need." Anthony replied. "Do we have an agreement?"

Wallace looked at the carafe of blood and thought about what it would be like not to hide from his creditors. He was being offered another chance to really live and not just exist. Even as he agreed, he felt a twinge of disquiet. He wasn't being told everything. He pushed the feeling aside and drained the second carafe of blood.

"You will stay here until after the gala." Anthony said. "My tailor will be here later tonight to outfit you for the week."

After Anthony left, Wallace took a long, hot shower. He threw his clothes into the trash and walked around with a towel around his waist. He knew that he should be asking more questions but the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" came to mind. That was followed by the saying "everything that glitters isn't gold."

He ignored the latter saying and clung to the first. Finally he would be able to stop hiding. He could find his daughter and apologize to her for giving her to Wilhelmina. He knew that Wilhelmina was a cruel woman, but he didn't think that he had a choice in the matter. Then his wife was killed. Word had it that Wilhelmina did it but he didn't believe it. His debt had been paid in full when he gave Lottie to her. When he confronted Wilhelmina about it, she looked him in the face and denied having anything to do with Ruby's death; and he chose to believe her.

A soft tap on the door interrupted his thoughts. It was the tailor with a clothes cart that had several outfits hanging from it. He stepped back and let the vampire in. The feeling of disquiet was back; but worse. He had the feeling that he had just made a deal with the devil.

*********

"What in the hell were you thinking?" Quinn yelled at Emmanuel. "I get that he put a spell on you or whatever, but why didn't you tell us the truth when you got here? That means that you made a conscious choice to commit treason."

Emmanuel had no real answer. Quinn was right although that wasn't how he saw it.

"And he wasn't paying you?" Quinn asked. "So why didn't you say anything? You were safe here."

"I have no answer for that." Emmanuel replied. "I was told that Thomas was being held against his will..."

"But you saw that he wasn't." Quinn broke in. "Sit down." He commanded.

Emmanuel was flung across the cell and landed hard on the cot. He was barely sitting up when he felt Quinn in his head sifting through his memories. He was surprised at the relative gentleness of the search although it was far from comfortable.

"You're a fucking idiot." Quinn said when he pulled out.

"What's going to happen to me?" Emmanuel asked.

"I don't know yet." Quinn replied as he vanished.

*********

"He's guilty of stupidity." Quinn told Justine a short while later. "He doesn't see what he did as treason."

"Are you suggesting that we let him go?" Justine asked.

"I think that we could use him." Quinn replied. "He's going to be in contact with a lot of people after he leaves here. Suppose we do a little...compelling of our own?"

"You mean make him a spy?" Justine asked.

"Sure! Why not?" Quinn asked. "He's unassuming and we only knew that he was lying because of who we are. Otherwise we would have spoken freely in front of him."

Justine gave the matter some thought.

"I agree." She said. "But we won't tell him and we'll compel him to forget anything that he may have heard or seen here. As far as he is concerned, he came here to work on my wardrobe and nothing more."

"That sounds like a plan." Quinn said as he vanished and appeared behind her.

"Shall we go talk to our spy?" she asked.

"Ummm no, let him simmer a bit." Quinn replied as he rubbed his body against hers. "You have too many clothes on." He whispered in her ear.

A moment later he was rubbing his hard cock against her bare skin.

"I'll never get tired of you or the way you feel." He murmured against her neck.

"I hope not." Justine chuckled. "We're going to be together forever."

Quinn kissed her neck, pushed her down so that she was bent at the waist and slowly slid into her. Justine moaned and pushed back against him. This was one of the times where they made love without using their gifts. In many ways it was every bit as satisfying as when they did.

Quinn reached around her and took a breast in each hand his fingers finding her erect nipples. He pinched and rolled them until Justine whimpered for release.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers
1...345678