Karma is a Bitch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicidan
Magicidan
1,125 Followers

I spotted Breanne sitting with her mother. Time had not been her friend and she had packed on at least thirty pounds. She had a confused look on her pasty face.

Both of my dates kissed me before I returned to my escort duties. I met Wendy in the narthex and told her how beautiful she looked.

She giggled and said "You asshole. Nobody could top that entrance."

We began our procession as the organ played the Wedding March.

Chapter VI The rest of my life begins tonight

Danae had one other request, that I give the before dinner toast. I have never been comfortable with public speaking but agreed to say a few words. I tried to scribble some thoughts down but wasn't having a lot of success when I noticed an elderly couple sitting alone at the groom's table. I found out they were the groom's grandparents who had flown from Italy just for the occasion. I also learned they didn't speak a word of English.

I was nervous and tried to ignore them but they looked so perfect sitting together, smiling at a room full of strangers speaking a language which they didn't understand that they inspired me. A hundred scenarios ran through my mind, most involved shining a spotlight on the Breanne and asking her to explain what she meant when she swore ''til dead do us part."

Instead I took the high ground and, in flawless Italian, asked the elderly couple to please stand. I greeted them with hugs and asked the crowd to toast the patriarch and matriarch of a great family, now united with mine. After a lengthily round of applause I announced, "Brad, Wendy, please join me up here."

The room drew quiet wondering what I was up to. I asked each to hold their right hand out. "On our father's death bed he had my sister place her hands in mine then wrapped his around ours. With the little strength he had left he squeezed and said, "I'm sorry I won't be there to share the rest of your life. So I am passing my responsibility on to your brother. Peter, you will be Wendy's best friend; you will be her teacher and her protector. Don't fail me."

"Tonight I pass this sacred trust on to your husband. John, I bind your soul to Wendy's. You are now one. You are her best friend, her teacher, and her protector. Don't fail me."

The crowd roared its approval. All except Breanne who was sobbing uncontrollably. Her mother tried in vain to console her.

After dinner a quartet began playing a medley of mediocre songs. The music wasn't bad but the group lacked a strong vocal lead. Gina and Ann Marie grabbed me by my arms and led me across the dance floor where they liberated the microphone.

Gina dismissed the guitar players and drummer outright and challenged the keyboard man to keep up with us. Then she announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, direct from a three year engagement in San Francisco I give you the Legend!"

The banquet hall went wild.

We had plenty of experience in singing together at the restaurant and spent the next two hours serenading my sister and her new husband with love songs. Gina and Ann Marie harmonized like angels.

We even got the groom's grandfather up to lead the Tarantella while the groom graced the dance floor with his grandmother. Danae stood there with our mother beaming with happiness.

When we finally took a break my former mother-in-law approached me.

"Peter, could I please have a moment.

"Good evening Mrs. Bennington."

"Breanne was hoping to get a chance to talk to you but it seems you are as elusive as the wind. She would like to apologize and ask you to forgive her.

"Mrs. Bennington, that's not necessary. It's been many years since anything Mrs. Winston said mattered to me."

"Please Peter, don't be like that. Please talk to her."

"I will never do that but there is something I would like to give you." I reached into my wallet and took out a ragged piece of paper.

"The day your daughter divorced me her lawyer handed me this. I must have read it ten thousand times My tears might make it a little hard to read. But my tears are dried and I no longer feel the pain of her betrayal. This is the last link to your daughter. Take it; it's now yours. If you'll excuse me my, dates are waiting."

I turned and never looked back.

Magicidan
Magicidan
1,125 Followers
12