Keeping Company Ch. 01

Story Info
I believe sitting down to get bad news is always a good idea.
14k words
4.68
73.1k
79
13

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 06/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
markelly
markelly
2,572 Followers

My deepest thanks go to NinaWild for taking on this marathon project. This story does go between past and present, but I do try to make it as easy as possible to understand as it does.

*****

The Present...

"Mrs. Baxter has asked that you meet at her apartment at six o'clock and requested that you're not late. Dinner is at six thirty and the social function attended by the other senior partners will be at eight."

Ruth had picked the wrong day to patronize me. Her distain for me was real, it was time to reciprocate those very feelings.

"Ruth. Please give Mrs. Baxter my regards and tell her I am no longer available. I hope you have a nice dress Ruth. Have a great evening, both of you."

I let the answering machine take the various calls after that but when the background noise became too much of a distraction for me, the plug was removed from the phone socket and I sat down to read the letter once again. Looking for details that where not there. Seeking answers that no one seemed to have and yet left me now without my son.

My son was involved in a car accident. The Californian Highway Patrol had done a very thorough job and deemed it an accident. The buzzer let me know that my taxi had arrived, the report went into my case and I was on my way to the airport soon after that. I wasn't looking forward to the wait when I got there; it meant I had time to think.

The Past...

All Ginny and I ever wanted to be were the traditional family, we had no real ambition other than to be happy, financially secure and a family. Ginny got a job as a receptionist while I got into computers, loved them so much that I finished second out of college. For Ginny her job was to keep her mind active. Mind you, her money helped and two years with my folks got us enough to buy our own place.

The first thing Ginny insisted on was a white picket fence. My job picked up and promotions soon followed. The increased hours meant that Ginny sat me down and pointed out that the company would not come to a halt over the weekend whether I was there or not. She would put up with the long hours over the week but the weekends were hers.

It was a valid point and for the next year things went along great. The white plastic stick on the kitchen table when I got home one Friday was enough for me. We never left the bedroom for anything other than food and the bathroom and we didn't even dress to do that much. Steven was born healthy and screaming eight and a half months later.

Ginny wanted to be a stay at home mom and we were financially secure enough for us to agree. The rules never changed, other than the weekends were for both my family now. When Steven entered school Ginny wanted to go back to work, she had to have an active mind and since Steven was going to be our only child I agreed with her thoughts.

She lucked into her next job. She got a job as a secretary for a married couple who had started a fashion design business. As there business grew they quickly realized the importance of Ginny and kept her close, her wages alone paid for Steven's college fees before he had even entered senior school. Ginny asked me once if we were now deemed middle class.

When I looked around and noticed that almost half the people we called neighbors were now divorced I said I prefer to call ourselves lucky. We were lucky in many respects, Steven never touched drugs, he had a good sense of the people he wished to call friends and they all looked out for each other. Ginny insisted on her routine never changing, she picked Steven up from school and her mind was totally focused on our family from the time she walked away from work. Like my company, the design house never came to a halt over the weekend, any fire was always put out by Ginny on Monday morning.

The design house did decide that it was now bigger than our little part of the world and wanted Ginny to come with them when they moved. She did thank them for their consideration but declined their offer. The references she received quickly got her a job with the Widow Morgan who wanted a PA as she dealt with the death of her husband and taking over the reins of her husbands company.

For a while Ginny brought files home with her, I wasn't happy but it was only for a month while she got a handle on everyone of the board members. The Widow Morgan walked into the board room four months later and culled almost half the board. Their replacements were waiting outside as the old ones left. The new board and the atmosphere on the factory floor changed almost overnight.

The Widow Morgan wasn't a woman to be taken lightly and her company cancelled all the proposed layoffs by cutting the boards wages by ten percent. Those that still wished to leave could, none did she even started a jobs drive. Production went up ten percent that year and a steady five percent for the next three.

The Present...

"The plane now boarding at gate seventeen..."

A hand clasped mine and when I looked into her eyes I tried to smile. Amy Baxter leant between us and kissed my cheek.

"You're going to miss the party."

"I got Ruth to send my apologies, the partners know something important has come up and will cover for me while I'm gone. Come on, we have a plane to catch."

"How did you find me?"

Amy gave my hand a gentle squeeze. It was a stupid question, she knew everything, and I had no secrets from any of them. As she stood ready to join the queue for boarding she held out her hand to me, her words shouldn't have caught me by surprise really.

"I called Mandy when you refused to pick up, she tracked you down. I missed you at the house by minutes. Come on, lets not be late."

Once boarded and sat down, Amy received one last text before she shut her cell down and placed it in her bag before it went under her seat. Other than hold my hand she said nothing about who she was texting. She basically took over my life on that plane; she told the stewardess what we were having for our meal and when the drinks came a soft drink was handed to me.

Amy only gave me my hand back when it was time to eat. As soon as we had finished she kicked off her shoes, tucked her feet under herself and raised the armrest between us and held my hand once again. Her body was always warm, she slept naked and with very little on the bed. The few occasions she hasn't kept to this rule she would overheat as she slept and the migraine that followed the next day reminded her what a naughty girl she was.

The Past...

The change in my life came as I walked in the door one Thursday evening. Steven would be at football practice for another hour. Ginny was sat by the kitchen table, a file and paperwork covered a good third of the space.

"Honey I've been going over our finances."

I believe sitting down to get bad news is always a good idea.

"Mark, do you know how much we have in the bank?"

Shaking my head was wise, the finances was Ginny's thing. I had a credit card I used for fuel and bits and pieces. Clothes and stuff like that we both did over the weekend and Ginny had another card for that. It wasn't that I couldn't have done the finances of our house myself, it's just that Ginny had wished to do it and who was I to moan about it.

To the best of my knowledge we hadn't had the IRS or any dept people at the door, so I figured she was doing a good enough job, being a firm believer in the proverb that 'if it wasn't broke don't try to fix it'. I left that to her and had done, ever since we had been married.

Ginny went over everything, the stock options I was getting from work, plus the bonuses. The house was already paid for, so was Steven's college fund. The stocks and shares were doing rather well and we also had more than a few certificates in the safe deposit box.

"I'm sorry honey, I kind of left things on auto pilot where our finances went. Our accountant called me and told me we needed to make some changes and quickly."

Still not understanding the lead into this conversation my mind was already setting us firmly in the poor house. Finally plucking up the courage I asked my question.

"Ginny, are we broke?"

The damn woman laughed at me.

"No honey, far from it. Since neither of us has ever wanted to move we haven't been involved in the slump and even now our house is still worth more than we ever paid for it."

She could still see I was confused, so she asked me a question that made me even more confused.

"Honey, do you want to retire?"

Ginny noticed me shaking my head even before I made it into words. Even reminding her that I was only thirty eight may have sounded silly but the thought that at my age I could retire felt somewhat odd. She pushed some papers across to me and told me to sign them. She was my wife and I trusted her so I did.

"It's ok honey, you don't have to worry anymore."

So I didn't. I suppose that made me a trusting soul, but if you couldn't trust the person you share a bed and body with who could you trust? Life returned to normality after that evening. I got my last promotion and of course the rise that followed it. Steven was in his final year at school and it was then that he dropped the bomb on us both. We took it well I thought, Ginny made her smile last all evening. Only when she made it to our bedroom did she break down and cry.

Steven wanted the full college experience, plus one of the courses he wanted to do meant that California was the place to be. Oh, he had other options but he had decided and we backed him as best we could. Once school was over he was going to college clear across the country. We even stayed a week while he got settled in, did some sight seeing and our son joined us for the evenings.

But it was plain to see he was getting itchy feet and so with our week over Steven waved us goodbye and I took a weeping wife back home with me. A year later our company was merged and my guys were given the option of moving or leaving. Ginny told me not to worry so I didn't. The severance package was rather good and I shook hands with some witch of a woman from our new company's HR department as she guided me out of the conference room she was camped out in and had been since she came to deliver the bad news.

We went on a cruise a week later. As we sat on the loungers and looked out across the sea Ginny asked me what I wanted to do now. She didn't mean the cruise so I told her what she once told me, that I wanted to keep my mind active. Ginny smiled that all knowing smile of hers and just said ok. To her the conversation was over and we settled once again on having a great holiday.

The Present...

It was Amy that recognized Beth first and we hugged over the top of the barrier before wandering out into the Californian sunshine. Beth collected her car from short term parking and talked all the way to our hotel. She was a little sad we wouldn't stay at the house. I couldn't uproot the children and force one to share a room and Beth understood that. She may not have been happy about it but she understood.

We were still under orders to join them all for dinner though, a chore we gladly accepted. Amy's cell went off a couple of times the first twenty minutes of us being in our hotel room.

"The firm seems to be keeping you busy?"

Amy smiled. "No, it's Carol and Wendy. They are picking up Mandy on the way and will be here by the time we return from dinner."

"They can't do that, call them back and tell them so."

Her cell left her hand and landed on the couch next to me, it bounced and hit the back of the couch before resting next to my leg.

"I'm not that brave. You call them and tell them, please put it on speaker when you do because I so like the sound of Wendy when she swears."

Amy stood and watched for a moment, my hand never got to her cell. We both knew it wouldn't, all four girls were their own women and if they decided they were coming there was nothing I could do to stop them. A hand came into view.

"Come on, I'm starting to overheat and we both need a shower. The children are still at school so we have a couple of hours before we need to be at Beth's. I would prefer to make love but I know you're thinking of Ginny and I know my selfishness has to take a back seat when moments like this come along. So come shower with me and we can cuddle in bed for awhile."

For a woman of forty, gravity was still a foreign word to her. Her breasts still sat proud on her chest and all natural. Her areola was the darkest part of her body, the nipples although relaxed for now could at a simple naughty thought from her make good use of her areola and extend to a good and thick half and inch on that body. She was free of hair from the neck down, a sadness on my part and some missed communication from us both.

Amy had taken my look at her pussy hair as a dislike and I didn't see her naked again for almost a year after that first time. She had every hair removed. I understood it was her body but the drastic way she did what she did made me sad. We both apologized and vowed never to again assume anything about our relationship. I knew the girls compared notes and the first time I figured it out I cringed, wasn't anything sacred anymore.

I'm told that in my life and in any connection with all four girls, not a chance. Amy had taken something to an extreme and that was never to be repeated amongst them. We washed and tentatively played, but to us a shower wasn't a place to make love. Amy was energetic when she made love and preferred a bed, the floor and any surface that wouldn't have a slip hazard.

"The girls know you're thinking about Ginny. We will hold you and take our lead from you while we are here but I need to warn you that things are going to change when we get home. We've had everything in place for some time now so please trust us and know that it's been building up to this, ok?"

"I've come to bury my son and make sure his wife and my grandchildren are ok. I can't think beyond that at the moment."

Amy moved into the space between us, the shower poured its spray onto her head, something she disliked greatly. I moved us both around so the spray now hit my back, something that I deemed taking care of my girls and it earned me an even bigger hug from her.

We lay for a while, Amy's head on my chest and as much of her skin touched mine. For a while her hand wrapped itself around my cock. Her hand didn't move and for a time I stayed soft. Just being this close and smelling her scent meant it wasn't going to be for long. As I hardened her hand opened and she rested it full length on it. For some time her head didn't move, but eventually when her head came away from my chest she looked at me.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't planned. But it's there now and I want to take care of it. I have three holes so you get to choose," she said seductively. "But I have to tell the girls when they get here, it's only fair."

She felt me pause, the tears came to my eyes and hers moistened. I grasped her hand and pulled it away from my hardness.

"It's ok. I need Mandy. That's too much for you so just hold me."

Her face paled and her whole body shook. Amy got up on one arm and looked down at me.

"We made a promise. I made a promise. Mandy isn't here so it's left to me to keep you sane."

Amy lifted herself and straddled my chest, the tears kept at bay solely by will power. She leaned down, her hands held my face and we kissed, our tongues touched and became firm friends. Her tears became a wetness on my face. As our lips parted and her head came to rest on my own forehead, she visibly shuddered before she found her voice.

"I'm ready now."

She felt me shake my head.

"I can wait for Mandy, just hold me."

"No. We have to leave in an hour for dinner with Beth and the children. We will miss Mandy and you have a need. I'm ready, do it now or I will initiate it."

"Amy, please think about..."

In one swift movement she lifted away from me and slapped my face. Instinct made me grab her hand so she couldn't repeat the process. My other hand came down across her tits, the sound connected with the need screaming within my head and I pulled Amy across me and held her in place as my hand warmed her ass. Poor Amy bit down on the bedding to stave off the screams. My hand moved down and repeatedly slapped her sex.

Her pussy bloated and glistened, she tried so hard to stay still but it was difficult for her. Her body betrayed her and the sound of my hand against her pussy started to change. My hand felt wet and now changed angle. My fingers bored into her pussy, Amy grunted and arched her back as she clamped her lips shut daring only the breath in and out of her nose. As all four of my fingers sank up to its second knuckle into her pussy she again screamed through her nose.

The ultimate betrayal came to Amy right then as her body came hard with my fingers buried deep inside her. This was hard for Amy, just as she knew that I hadn't finished. It was why I needed Mandy, yet when I said I would wait for Mandy, Amy initiated this, she knew. Just as she knew what came next. Her body slumped forward and her mouth opened and she gasped in air as I rolled her off of me. Her body stopped rolling across the bed when I grabbed her hair and held on.

Again she closed her mouth, the tears clear to see. Her nostrils flared as she pulled oxygen into her body, refusing to scream. This was Amy, the strongest of the group and one of five partners in her law firm. She wasn't a submissive; she didn't have a submissive bone in her body. That was Mandy, yet to save my sanity she gave her body to me to use. Whatever the girls had promised each other would be interesting to hear when they got around to telling me.

My hand connected with the back of her thighs and Amy quickly shuffled onto all fours. Her ass got another couple of slaps because she wasn't as quick as Mandy. I knew she didn't deserve what I was doing to her. God, I needed Mandy. I spat at her anus and then pushed my thumb into her. Amy arched her back and pushed herself back onto me. When I let go of her hair her upper body slumped onto the pillow and her hands came to her ass quickly pulling her cheeks apart.

Again I spat on her ass, equal amounts seemed to fall on the head of my cock and her rose. I pushed against her but didn't expect to gain entry so fast. By the time I had looked again half the bulbous head had entered her. Again I pushed and the head disappeared. Amy pushed back and more of me entered her ass. Her hand came away and connected with my leg before she went back to holding her ass cheeks.

Even with the state of mind I was in, the urge to go easy on poor Amy overrode everything else and pulling one of her hands away from her ass I pushed it under her. She quickly got the message and frantically rubbed her clit. We both hit our orgasm within half a breath of each other.

She was covered in sweat; her breathing was still a little ragged. She was even a little afraid of getting real close until I held her to me and kissed her forehead. Yet right then that woman was one of four that owned my heart.

"I have a request."

When I turned to look at her she was smiling back at me.

"When you get your hands on Mandy, make slow gentle love to her. I want her to feel what I've just been through for her."

We moved together and kissed, giggled for a while and kissed again before we got up and had another shower.

The Past...

Ginny came with me to the computer store, she said she needed to supervise the new toys I was about to buy. I already had a small office downstairs but we both still had to move some stuff around to make things fit, once everything was in and working and all the programs were up to date.

I looked at Ginny and said. "Now what?"

markelly
markelly
2,572 Followers