King of Hearts Ch. 04

Story Info
Erich and Cat.
4.3k words
4.67
3.1k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Erich stared at her as if she was crazy. Both men were twice her size not to mention, armed to the teeth. "Really, Caitlyn..." he began even as she hissed at him to shut up.

"Do as I say, Max or when we get out of here, I'm going to kick your ass as well," she said, hoping he understood that he shouldn't use her real name.

She turned back to the two behemoths that stood between her and the door outside. "Gentlemen," she said in greeting. "Which of you would like to go first?"

The one in the front pulled his gun, holding it out so that it pointed at her.

"You're a crazy one," he said, then stared down at his hand that was now empty. Cat had moved so quickly he hadn't seen her take the gun. "Fuck, bitch, give me that back."

Caitlyn smiled nicely, quickly hitting the button to drop out the clip as well as ratcheting the bullet out of the barrel, then with a move that had the first guard hollering, she slipped the barrel of the gun off, making the weapon useless. Tossing it back to the man, she smiled congenially. "Happy?"

"I'll be happy when I feel your bones cracking in my hands, Promudobliadskaja pizdoprojebina."

"You'd best be glad I don't speak, what was that, Russian? I'd have to kick your ass for that."

"He called you a fucking bitch," Erich called to her, setting the small metallic box on the chair before stepping up next to it and slowly lifting the painting down. It was heavy, the wooden frame weighing close to fifty pounds.

"You speak Russian?" Cat asked, impressed.

"My mom had to work when me and my brother were kids, she left us with a nice Russian lady that lived down the block."

Caitlyn grimaced as the guard whose gun she'd demolished decided to take the first shot. Ducking under his ham-handed swing, she came up, hitting him with a one-two punch that was pure poetry in motion. "Sounds like she wasn't so nice if you picked up those kinds of words."

"No, she was nice, she heard that kind of language come out of our mouths, we got them washed out with soap. It was her son that taught us the rest of it. It was quite the education. Dimitri could always get a hold of the good stuff," he said with a laugh, taking a small screwdriver from her roll of tools and using it to pull out the staples that held the painting to the frame. He looked up from his work as a loud crash seemed to rock the floor.

The first guard was on the ground, his hand holding onto his other wrist. "Mandavoshka broke my wrist," he growled at the other guard.

"I'm not going to tell her what you just said," Erich said. "She might try to wash your mouth out with soap."

"There's an idea for another night," Caitlyn said, ducking as the second guard tried to grab her. As he stumbled by, she ducked down and plowed her fist into his stomach. It felt like it was going into a ball of dough. "You definitely need to workout there, porky."

"Maybe you should take him on some of your morning runs," Erich teased as the guard fell to his knees, a low keening sound coming from his mouth.

"Oh, think it'd get you out of coming?"

"My luck isn't that good." He pulled out a final staple, pulling the frame off of the canvass, then he turned his attention to pulling the canvas carefully off the wood it was stretched onto. Caitlyn ducked another roaring swipe from the second guard, grabbing his arm around his thick wrist and using his weight to swing him into one of the thick walnut colored columns in the room.

The guard hit so hard, his bones rattled and a dusting of plaster fell from the ceiling. He took two steps backwards, his hand coming up to steady himself before he shook his head hard, turning back toward Cat, murder in his eyes.

"You fucking bitch," he growled, his tone pure Bronx without the accent of his companion. "I'm gonna kill you for that."

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. "If I only had a nickel for every man who said that to me..."

Erich snorted but continued with what he was doing. He knew better than to try and play he-man with the guards. They'd kick his ass and hand it to him when they threw him out a third floor window. No, Cat was definitely the better at playing this game. He jerked, pulling the painting close against his body as the guard came flying by him, slamming into the fireplace, the rough stone cutting into his skin. He pushed back away from it, shaking his head and flinging drops of blood everywhere before roaring his anger.

"You bout done there?" Caitlyn asked as Erich scuttled away from the huge man.

"Yeah, just a couple more staples and we've got it."

"Don't forget Bambi's little contraption. Leave the wires, just grab the box," she said, slamming her fist into the guard's gut and then pulling his head into her knee.

Erich quickly finished pulling the canvas off the frame and then rolled it tightly, sliding it into the tube that Cat had brought with them. Grabbing Bambi's box, he slipped past where Cat was finishing with the two guards and headed toward the doorway.

Before he could get to the door, it opened and a hand with a gun in it appeared. The gunman couldn't see Erich but he saw Cat. She was a sitting duck.

Erich dropped the tube with the painting, Bambi's box landing on top of the small cylinder. He grabbed the wrist of the gunman with both hands and slammed it against the doorway just as it went off. A sharp burning sensation creased his shoulder, but he didn't have time to worry about it. Balling up his fist, he hit the man twice in the nose, the first blow breaking the cartilage, the second blow sending pieces of it up and into the brain of the man.

The gunman fell at his feet, dead. "Shoot me, will you?" Erich growled, angrily. He flinched when Cat slapped a wad of fabric on his shoulder.

"We try not to kill anyone unless we have to, Mr. Radner," she said softly. "But thanks for saving my life."

The words were spoken gruffly and a little hesitantly, as if she really didn't want to have to speak them. Erich smiled even as he watched her pick up the cylinder and the small black box, stuffing the latter into the pouch at her waist. "Does this mean you've forgiven me?"

"Not a chance," Cat said, her back stiffening.

"Does it at least mean that we can go and have a drink and talk over whatever you think I've done?" he tried again.

"Maybe."

"Well, maybe is a hell of a lot better than no."

There was a burst of static in their ears and then Bambi's voice came over the tiny receivers. "Hope you guys got the painting and are on your way out, we got company. It's the family, their home early."

"Fuck," Cat said succinctly.

"Can't we go out the way we came?" Erich asked.

"Not if you want to make it to the van alive. Come on." She took off at a sprint, taking the stairs two at a time. Running down the hallway, she was glad she'd memorized the details of the place. There was a door at the end of the hall that would lead to another flight of stairs and then at the top of them was a trap door in the ceiling that would lead to the attic. If they could make it up there then maybe they could hide for a while until the family left again.

Cat tore through the door, shutting it behind Erich. "Up the stairs, trap door in the ceiling."

Erich didn't argue, he just started up the stairs, running lightly. The trap door was where she said it would be and he reached for the pull, yanking it down.

The stairs came out, sliding down to almost land on his feet. Cat was jumping for the ladder before they had a chance to settle, scurrying up and into the darkness of the attic. She heard Erich behind her and saw the light cut out as he pulled the trap door back into place, hiding every sign of their being there.

"What now?" he panted. "Do you have a ladder in your pouch or maybe parachutes? How about a Squirrel suit and we can glide our way out."

"Are you absolutely crazy?" Cat hissed. "Remind me to kick your ass when we get out of here."

"Cat's a bit afraid of heights, Erich. She even looks out a window up there and she'll probably throw up and then pass out." Bambi's voice said in his ear.

"So the unstoppable Cat Summers really does have a failing. I guess every superhero has to have his or her kryptonite."

"Shut up, Erich."

Cat took her flashlight out of her pouch, turning it on to see what was in the room around them. Trunks and boxes were everywhere, every thing covered with a layer of dust that spoke of no one being up here in a long time. Off to one corner was a pile of beanbag chairs that had definitely seen better years. But Cat wasn't picky and if they were going to be stuck of here, she was going to be comfortable. She crawled her way over to the pile, lying across a few of the vinyl bags. "Bambi, it looks like this might be a two day deal. Would you call my assistant and have her cancel my appointments for today, oh and I have a meeting with a new client at three o'clock. Can you take care of that for me?"

"Yeah, sure thing Cat. I'll be back out here tomorrow night, ten o'clock?"

"Great babe."

"We're staying here?" Erich asked, his voice displaying his dismay.

"Yeah, you might want to have Bambi call your wife and let her know you won't be home right away.

"I don't have a wife," he said, unconsciously.

"Yeah right, and I have wings so that I can fly around the room and sing like a birdie. I saw her."

"You saw who?"

"Your wife. She was getting out of a minivan full of kids." She shook her head. "I don't want to talk about this."

"Well you're going to have to. I don't have a wife. The woman you saw getting out of the van full of kids was my live in nanny. The kids are my two nieces and two nephews. My brother ... he and his wife were killed in a car accident the morning you snuck out of my house without waking me."

For a moment, Cat was silent, her thoughts rushing through her head faster than she could process them. He hadn't skipped out on her, those weren't his children, he wasn't married. An intense burst of shame had her cheeks turning red and she could only be glad it was so dark that he didn't see it.

"Did you hear me, Cat? I'm not married, those kids are my nieces and nephews."

"I heard you," she said so softly she didn't think he heard her. She was trying to digest the fact that he was single, eligible, a guardian to four children!

"Is that what all the hostility has been about? Is that why you've run me the way you have and treated me like I was a leper? You could have asked, Caitlyn, instead of just jumping into conclusions."

"I didn't jump, conclusion was there and it was just a very dainty step onto it." She turned her face to the wall, wondering if the blush on her cheeks had them glowing neon red. "I'm sorry."

The apology was so sudden and so out of left field it took him a bit by surprise. "What did you say?"

"Oh don't make me repeat it," she groused. "Fine ... I'm sorry! Now are you happy?"

She heard him moving around in the attic and almost growled at him to stop, then his hand was on her cheek, his thumb brushing her mouth. His lips were there next, guided by that teasing thumb in the almost pitch dark of the attic.

Heat pooled in her loins as his mouth took hers on an exploratory journey of the senses. He teased, flicking his tongue against the corners of her mouth. He tempted, gliding his tongue between her teeth just enough to have her own coming out to meet his. He tormented, rubbing her lips with his, sinking into the kiss until she was writhing under him, her hands on his back pulling him tighter against her.

The cat suits were like an extra layer of skin, concealing nothing. Heat from her body bathed his, her breasts pressed into his chest; his hips lay in the juncture of her thighs, cradled there. She could feel the heaviness of his erection against her stomach and it sent a thrill through her that she'd never felt with anyone else. This was why she'd been so upset when she thought he was taken, this feeling of never having this again.

Her body arched into his; seeking more contact, more heat. She moaned deep in her throat, the sound almost like a purr. Then she tore her lips from his. "We can't do this," she whispered frantically, hearing as well as feeling the front zipper of her suit being slowly pulled down. She felt the heat of his breath, then the moistness of his mouth against her skin and she moaned again as sensations streaked through her to join the maelstrom of feelings that coiled and rippled deep in her belly.

"No, Erich," she moaned again. "You've got to stop." Her voice didn't even sound like her own, heavy and husky, sensual and seductive.

"Why?" he asked, breathing in the scent of her arousal and feeling it go to his head, making it spin in lovely little circles. "Why should we stop? We both want this, you know you want me. I've felt your eyes on me the past couple of days when you didn't think I knew it. I know you want me."

"Because we're stuck in the attic of a mob boss where we've just stolen a painting and killed two of his men, that's why," she groaned, having to stop herself from reaching out and pulling him back when he reluctantly stood.

"You're right," he growled, sinking down on the beanbag her feet were propped up on. "Dammit, you're right." He let out a long, shuddering sigh. "I hate that you're right."

A burst of static in their ears made them both jump. "I hate that you're right too, Cat," Bambi said. "That was fucking hot, girl."

"Bambi..." Cat growled.

"I know, I know. I'll meet you on the mats for some sparring and you can beat me up. But damn, girl, that was some pretty hot new material for my vibrator. Yum yum. Does he taste as good as it sounded that he did?"

"Bambi Charington! Did I not give you orders?"

"Yes ma'am you did."

"Then should you not be doing them?"

"Yes, ma'am, I should."

"Then get with it and call Mr. Radner's house and tell his nanny that he won't be home tonight."

They could hear the van's ignition turn over and then the sound of Bambi's harsh giggle. "Have fun guys," she said before she cut the connection and left. She couldn't wait to get back to base and let the other two know what was going on between the new boss and Cat.

* * * *

"You do know that she's going to blab?" Erich said quietly in the dark.

"Yeah, I also know that she won't be saying much with her jaw wired shut. I'll break it for her if she doesn't know what's good for her."

"Is that how you always deal with your problems, Cat? With your fists?"

"I didn't kick the shit out of you when I had the chance now did I?"

"I guess I should count myself as fortunate. He slid down a little further in the beanbag, grabbing hold of one of her feet and pulling off the soft slipper she wore. With his thumbs, he began to massage the soles of her feet.

"Oh, now here's a good reason to keep you around," she whimpered in bliss as he found the spot that always ached from wearing those damn heels. "God that's good."

He worked his way up, using just the right amount of pressure, pushing the stretchy suit up her leg as he went. Her calves were slender but leanly muscled. He could feel the ridge of a scar on the back of her calf. "Gunshot wound?"

"No ... oh shit." She sat up and pulled out her flashlight again. "You were shot."

"It's nothing, just a scratch." He shrugged his rugged shoulders, flinching at the sudden pain.

"Yeah, real tough guy ain't you? Shut up and pull the suit down so I can bandage you up." She pulled a small roll of bandages and a gauze pad out of her pack, along with the tube of antibiotic cream that had an alcohol base to clean up the wound with. "Any wound can go septic if it isn't taken care of correctly.

* * * *

Erich couldn't believe his luck. Caitlyn was now straddling his lap on her knees, her attention on his shoulder wound. Her suit was still unzipped, leaving a trail of skin visible and the inner curves of breasts, rounded and lovely, bared to his gaze. He could feel his erection throbbing, his cock a solid rod of want, pressing against her. She almost seemed to be rocking against him, her bottom lip caught between her teeth.

His hands had been resting on the beanbag now seemed to have minds of their own. They came up, clutching her hips, dragging her down harder against him. "I want you, Caitlyn."

She slicked the bandaged onto his shoulder with hands that shook, wanting to run her palms down the strong muscles of his shoulders and over his chest, scratching her nails through his chest hair. "It can't happen, Erich."

She tried to push herself up and off of him.

Erich held on to her. "Why not? You want me, I want you. I'm not married. You're not?"

He smiled as she shook her head. "Then there's nothing stopping us."

Cat smiled wryly. "Nothing except for the fact that you, Mr. Radner, are my boss."

"You're fired." He smiled when she laughed.

"You can't fire me. Only Joseph can and I doubt that he'll fire me so you can dip your wick." She reached down and pried his fingers loose from her hips, standing up in front of him. Turning to put the cap on the small tube of antibiotic cream, she stumbled against one of the trunks, her foot coming down against one of the weaker boards and cracking it.

"Shit." She stood completely still and listening intently. "God I hope they didn't hear that."

"We're two stories above the study, Caitlyn. I don't think I'd worry so much."

As if timed to his words, the sound of heavy boots running up stairs could be heard from below.

'Shit, shit, shit." Caitlyn grabbed hold of the same trunks she'd fallen against. "Help me with these."

They stacked them over the opening so that even if they opened the attic, they would find their way blocked. Then Erich rushed over to the only other opening in the attic, a vent that went to the outside to release some of the hot air that would permeate the house in the summer. "There's a roof out here," he said excitedly. "We can climb out and then jump down to the balcony that runs around the house.

"You go ahead with that." Cat climbed on top of the stack of chests.

Erich stared at her, his confusion evident in his eyes. "We can escape and you want to stay here and what, hope that with your added weight, they won't be able to move those trunks? Caitlyn, that makes no sense."

"It does when you realize that I'm terrified of heights. I'd rather face the whole mob than climb out on that roof, Erich. But you go, get out of here, bring back some help."

"I can't leave you here." He sighed and closed his own eyes as if praying for a solution. "Okay, here's what we're going to do. You're going to climb on my back and hang on, with your eyes closed and then I'll get us out of here."

"Oh no." Cat shook her head. "No way in hell. Don't you get any ideas, Erich. I'll kick your ass." But he advanced on her anyway, blocking the punch she half-heartedly threw his way. Grabbing her, he threw her over his shoulder, ignoring her threats. He turned back to the vented opening, knocking the wooden slats out easily with one hand until he had a big enough opening to get them through.

As he stepped out onto the porch, he heard Cat's sudden gasp, felt her tighten over his arm. "Don't struggle or we'll fall," he warned her.

Inside, one man was rubbing his head where the ladder to the attic had grazed it. "That fucking thing is dangerous."

"Keep your fat head out of the way and you won't have any problems," another of the men said. "What's that up there?" He climbed up the ladder.

"Someone stacked trunks on top of the opening," he grunted as he pushed on them, feeling them give just a bit. "Get up here, I need your help."

Between the two men, they pushed aside the trunks, stepping into the darkness of the attic. It was empty, but the hole in the window gave them an idea where the thieves had gone. The first man ran to the vent, seeing nothing but the roof. He stepped out onto it, his hard soled boots slipping on the damp shingles. They went out from under him and he began to slide down the inclined roof.

12