Kiss Me Cate Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If this isn't a lesson in self-control then I don't know what is." I muttered.

Cate giggled and handed me the open bag of popcorn and proceeded to channel surf for something to watch. She stopped on an old black and white movie and crinkled up her nose with a smile. "Probably too much of a chick flick for you." She raised her hand to change it and I pushed it down.

"I don't mind." I handed her back the popcorn. She leaned comfortably into me while the movie played.

"I don't get you, and that scares me." She said suddenly.

"What don't you get?"

"If you were any other guy you'd be doing anything to get it on right now. Correction, would have been from the minute I let you into my apartment. It makes me, suspicious I guess, and then I feel guilty for that."

"Uncharted territory? Would you rather I were putting moves on you, pressuring you into something you don't want to do or may regret?"

"No!" She chewed her popcorn slowly, there was a sudden bolt of fear in those beautiful eyes. "It's just that I'm not sure what your motives are and it's confusing." She said with a laugh, relaxing visibly.

"Funny I would have thought that was plainly obvious."

"No, it's not." She said turning to face me. I couldn't help myself and leaned forward and kissed her. I pulled back slightly, her lips were slick and salty and I wanted more. She was hungry too and leaned up and kissed me hard, her arm looping around my neck dragging me down into her mouth. In the tangle of clothing I somehow managed to have my hand inside her robe, sliding my hand up her back, pushing the flannel ahead of it. Her skin was smooth and warm, and I wanted more of it. Her long slim body pressed up to me, her back arching. I knew that if we didn't stop now it would be too late. I lifted up gently and rolled away from her. She rolled onto her side, her robe disheveled, her top pushed up slightly showing the soft white skin of her stomach. She propped her head on her hand.

"You're like a tiger in a cage aren't you? Pacing back and forth, waiting for me to unlatch the door."

I turned setting my feet on the floor. "Is that what you meant? Is that what you expected?" I took a deep breath, and licked my lips tasting the butter, the salt, and her.

She ran her hand up beneath my shirt, her hand warm on my lower back. "Sort of."

"Well I can say that I've been pacing for a while now, but the cage is sturdy so you don't need to worry." I turned and smiled over my shoulder.

"So that was a swipe from between the bars?" She said grinning.

"I don't know, I'd say you poked me from between the bars. You started it. They do say you should stay back from wild animals, even caged ones." Her hand changed direction and grasped my hip turning me back towards her.

"Dylan." The way she said my name, there was so much more to it. "Dylan, turn around." She gave a little tug on my hip. I turned to face her. "Dylan, I'm here because I want to be. I came because I wanted to be with you. Was I scared, and lonely? Yes, I was. When I'm with you I don't feel alone, and the fear fades away." She took my hand and wrapped it around hers. "After that first time you came over, when I was sick, well it was the first time I've felt somebody in the world cared about me since I'd left home." She put her head back on the pillow, but kept tight hold of my hand. "I honestly thought, well I thought you were after one thing. Call me cynical." She added with a laugh. "Here it is laid out before you, defended by only a few buttons and a string and I realized that I was completely wrong." She said playing with the top button of her pajamas.

The moment stretched but there was no more awkwardness between us as I looked into her eyes.

"When did you know?" She asked softly.

"July I think it was the twenty-third, early afternoon. It was a Saturday." I said smiling down at her.

"Really, way back then?" She said laughing.

"Don't underestimate those legs in a short sundress on a bright summer day." I said laughing.

"Just the legs?" She said disappointed.

"No, it was your eyes, your smile. The way you blushed when you realized what I said about you looking hot was a double entendre." I said wistfully, gazing down into the depths of those eyes.

She stroked her thumb over the back of my hand. "Do you know when it was for me?" My heart lifted. I didn't care very much as to the when as much as I cared that it actually happened. I swallowed the lump in my throat. She looked up wondering why I hadn't responded. She sat up and scooted over to me. "You didn't know?"

"Know? I only hoped. You'll never know how much I hoped." I said grinning. Her arms snaked around my neck. She kissed me softly.

"It was the chicken soup." She said smiling. "Well that coupled with the fact that you sent me to bed innocently, and were there when I woke. You can't imagine the feeling I had when I opened my bedroom door to see you, head bent over your laptop." She fluffed out a lock of my hair letting it drop over my eye. "Your hair falling down untouched as you worked." I leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead.

"I should go before I can't." I said with a deep sigh. Her grip on me tightened.

"Don't go, stay with me." She said softly. "Well, not for that." She said in response to my surprised expression. "I mean, well if..." She clamped her mouth shut and looked down, her skin darkened from the blush. "Don't leave me alone."

"Never again." I said kissing her once more. We cleaned up and she climbed beneath the covers and patted the bed next to her. I slid in beside her and turned off the light. She ran her hand up my arm, cupped my cheek and kissed me.

"Goodnight Dylan." She rolled over, nestled herself against me like a spoon and wrapped herself up in my arms.

I kissed her behind the ear. "Goodnight Catelyn."