Kiss of the Moon Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She dug through her things and got dressed in a pair of black pants, a blouse and a jacket, then pulled on boots. She grabbed a black scarf and gloves, it was starting to get nippy as Autumn was well on it's way to becoming winter.

Amy turned to watch Wolfgang pull a thick black jumper over his body. Amy bit her lip as her eyes roamed over him. Wolfgang smiled.

"You better go eat something," Wolfgang told her.

Amy nodded, left the room and went to the kitchen. Anna was pouring her a coffee when Amy walked in. Amy smiled and picked up her coffee and took a mouthful. Maria handed Amy a plate covered with bacon and eggs. Amy had taken Electra's advice and put Maria in Anna's charge. Slowly but surely Anna's no nonsense but caring nature had Maria on the road to recovery.

Amy sat and started to eat. Susan sat at the table and poured herself some cereal.

"I don't know how you keep in shape with all the food and junk you eat," Susan commented.

"Come on you read about it, we have a higher metabolic rate. We have to eat and we have to eat often," Electra commented as she poured chocolate sauce over her pancakes, she then added maple syrup.

Susan pulled a face as she watched Electra devour her meal.

"That's just plain wrong," Susan stated.

"It's yummy," Electra retorted.

Wolfgang poked his finger into the mix and popped it into his mouth, "Interesting. I prefer sardines and ice cream myself." He walked over to Anna who handed him steak, eggs and toast. His steak took up the entire plate and three eggs rested on top, toast soldiers were piled on the eggs. Wolfgang sat and ate his breakfast.

"Where are Mac, Lock-heart and Sarge?" Wolfgang asked.

"Gone ahead to secure the apartment and check it over," Susan supplied.

He nodded and piled some egg onto his steak before popping it into his mouth.

Alanna sat with her large bowl of fruit salad and yogurt. "So when do we leave?"

"After I've done my checks on my guns. We'll be travelling in four cars, all are armoured…" Susan started to do the run down again.

"Which cost me a small fortune," Wolfgang slid in.

"Us…" Amy corrected.

Susan glared at them.

"Susan we went over this three times last night. We know what we have to do," Amy told her.

Susan frowned, "I know we've gone over it but we need this to be flawless."

Everyone nodded.

****

Amy paced almost like a caged animal. Wolfgang rested his hands on her shoulders.

"Relax. Relax Amy," he told her.

Amy took a deep shaky breath, "I don't think I can do this." She started to twist the corner of her jacket.

Wolfgang grabbed her hands and freed the expensive cloth from destruction. He cupped her face in his hands, "You can do this. You are stronger than you think," he told her before kissing her forehead, her nose and finally her lips.

Amy broke the kiss and rested her face against his chest. Susan walked in buttoning her blouse up over her bulletproof vest.

"You've got twenty minutes," Susan warned them.

Wolfgang nodded.

"Why can't you come?" Amy asked him.

"Business as usual remember, but don't worry, I'm having brunch with Shia and Grey-hawk three blocks from where you are going to be. They won't attack until they've confirmed your in the car so keep down. Shia and I have groups posted over every known route to the convention centre," Wolfgang said trying to reassure her.

"I'm scared," Amy said honestly.

Wolfgang sighed, "You don't start this Amy, they attack you remember. You've done everything within your power to prevent this," he reasoned.

Amy nodded.

"Now you need to bury your fears, lift your head and be confident," Wolfgang told her firmly, "You're an Alpha. Your confidence will inspire confidence."

Amy closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. "Who are you taking Electra or Alanna?" Amy asked as they left their room.

"I'm taking Electra just in case we have to hit the sewers," Wolfgang said loud enough for Electra to hear.

Electra looked down, she was wearing strap heels. She took her shoes off and went to get a pair of boots. Wolfgang chuckled. Alanna tugged her jacket on, she had dressed practically at Sienna's suggestion, since they would be fighting and shifting. Wolfgang kissed Amy goodbye and went to get into position.

Sarge was doing his last checks of his guns; Mac, Lock-heart and Susan copied him. Bastion walked forward and offered them black bomber jackets. Sarge gave him a confused look.

"Kevlar, surrounding steel mail," Bastion explained, "Wolfgang had them made for you."

They took their jackets and nodded their thanks to him. Susan slid on her gun holsters and buckled them in place. Her extra magazines went into the various pouches on her belt and halter harness. A spare revolver was strapped to her ankle, and daggers went wherever Susan could fit them. She pulled on her bomber jacket and took use of the internal pockets by jamming her semi's magazines into them. She zipped the jacket up partially. The guys did the same making mental notes of where their weapons were.

"So everyone ready?" Sarge said as he loaded his semi and put the safety on.

His team copied him and turned to Amy and the Were half of their group. Sienna stretched lazily.

"We are always ready," Drifter told Sarge.

Sarge nodded, "Lets roll out then." Everyone paired up, one Were to one Marine and surrounded Amy. They walked down to the underground garage and got in the SUV. Amy sat in the middle of the SUV with Drifter and Sarge either side of her. Amy slid down basically hiding herself.

Alanna hopped into the front passenger seat and buckled up. Susan took the drivers seat. Everyone else piled into the other car. They drove out of the garage and onto the street. Amy's car was ahead of the other.

An uneasy feeling entered Amy's stomach as they passed the building that would be levelled. Amy closed her eyes and focused.

Her eyes shot open, "ROCKET."