Knox County Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rehnquist
Rehnquist
3,910 Followers

"So you called?"

"Yeah."

"What do you want?" She heard him hesitate. "You said you'd been thinking," she prodded.

"Can we meet somewhere? For a drink? Just meet and talk."

"What do you wanna talk about?"

She proceeded cautiously. "What about us?"

"Well, you know, about things. Us."

"About the terms of the divorce?" She bit her lip as she said it, not wanting to hear the answer.

"Actually," he said, and she bit her lip harder and closed her eyes, not wanting to hear him say it. "Actually I wanted to talk about maybe we should see if we can work it out."

Her eyes went wide. "What?"

He seemed taken aback. "I know," he started, but she cut him off.

"Where did this come from?"

"Can't we meet and just talk about it?"

"You mean that, well, where did this come from? After all I did?"

He paused. "I've been thinking a lot," he started slowly. "And talking to some people. And, well, I'm not saying what you did was right. I'm not saying I can ever really get over it, either, I suppose. But I guess I know now that I wasn't exactly the perfect husband, okay? That some of this, maybe quite a bit of this, is my fault, too."

"But you didn't-- "

"Yes I did. Now, I just want to know if we can meet, okay?"

She agreed to meet him the next day.

Rehnquist
Rehnquist
3,910 Followers