Kros Voyeh Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lislora rose, rounding the bed to find her clothes and dress, her sex felt vaguely sore and sticky. She would want to wash before going to the sacellum. As she was dressing, Draeseth returned with a bottle of wine and a cup.

He placed them on the long table near his window and stood with his back toward her for a moment. "You wish to leave?"

"I-I think I need to pray. I thought you-"

"Go pray, cousin. I have things I should attend to." His tone was displeased and she hurriedly finished dressing before rushing out.

°°°°°°°°°°

Lislora had washed her sore parts quickly in the basin before making her way to the sacellum. Brother Odgar had returned from Evenos and seemed pleasantly surprised to see her coming to kneel in silent prayer.

With her head bowed she began to plead silently for Ganas to help her put things right, to make Draeseth see how well suited they were, and to have Isonei put in a place she could be happy. The nagging feeling of doubt that gnawed at her, that even if Ganas would or could do all of those things, why would he bother answering the prayers of a woman who had just taken someone else's husband to bed, made her want to get up and leave.

Before she could choose to stay or let her doubts drive her out, the door burst open and Draeseth's furious voice broke the silence.

"Where did he take her, Odgar? Where is my Isonei? The Arrangement contract has been taken and all of the Halloc's priests have left with my wife! By Ganas and Mezaldir if he's taken her out of the Kroscur I will make him wish his father had been castrated as a child!"

"Your Highness!" Brother Odgar looked nervous as he protested, "That is no way to speak of a Halloc! He had received word from Neregos that they required-"

"Neregos! He was told to take an escort if he went further than Javos! He knows how dangerous-" With a snarl, he began to curse and stalked out of the sacellum.

"I'll have Krouth try to calm him." Lislora rose with a leaden feeling in her belly.

He had been calling the Aran woman his. His Isonei, his wife. The brisk air outside of the sacellum helped her to compose herself and she paused a moment before going inside the house.

Going to the servant's dining room where they often gathered she beckoned to one of the gossiping maids, "Where is Master Krouth?"

"With his Highness in his study, my Lady. Someone stole papers from his safe and left things of more value."

"Papers?" Lislora frowned.

"Letters the Duchess had written to her family."

Covering her face with one hand, she took a deep breath, "Those were worth at least a thousand gold cenura in Leria. They were offering a reward for proof she was alive."

The maid's eyes looked as if they might pop out of her head and her mouth hung open.

"When Master Krouth has finished calming his Highness, inform him that I'm not feeling well."

Returning to her room, Lislora lay across her bed and began to weep. Every other impropriety could be and had been overlooked, this one was unforgivable. If he'd chosen to put the Aran aside it would have been different but she'd allowed him to take her to bed and he'd still chosen his delicate Duchess. Letting her anguish and shame pour out, she kept her face buried in a pillow to muffle the sound.

Some time later, a gentle hand pressed to her head and she jerked awake in startlement.

"Forgive me, my Lady." Krouth was standing next to her bed looking concerned. "I was told you were feeling ill."

"I-I shouldn't have let him..." Lislora covered her face again and took a ragged breath, "He still chose her."

"His Highness spoke to me of it. He was anguished that you had not enjoyed it and that you fled from his bed as you had from your husband's. I had suggested he choose between you based on what he cannot do without, and he requires a wife who meets his needs joyfully above all else.

"Duchess Isonei-"

"I didn't! I didn't flee from his bed! He got up and left the room I thought-" She buried her face in her pillow again trying to will herself not to begin sobbing again.

"I can give you something to calm you."

Carefully she sat up and wiped her eyes with her thumb. "No. I prayed to-to have this all..." she sighed, "put right. Should I speak to him?"

"He's left in a temper to fetch back the Duchess. They should have returned with her by now. Ganas help them if they've taken her anywhere other than Neregos."

"Could you have me told when he returns?"

Krouth inclined his head, "As the Lady pleases." He paused. "You haven't asked about the papers that were stolen."

"If they were stolen what more is there to ask about?"

"You have no knowledge of-"

"I would never allow my cousin to be stolen from. If I had suspected someone was going to take them I would have told him."

He bowed in apology. "I suspect the jester. If he were truly a spy he might have been clever enough to avoid our searches."

"Draeseth didn't allow him in the house..." Lislora frowned, he hadn't been allowed into the Duchess' chambers either but he'd found a way, and that was with her cousin pacing outside the door.

"A nimble thief doesn't always require a door." The servant turned to leave, hesitating in the doorway, "If you wish I can have purifying tea sent up to you, Lady Lislora."

"That would be kind, and water to wash my face in as well."

"Of course."

It felt as if time were crawling as she waited for the water and the tea. Part of her wanted to go pray again, but the rest of her had begun to rally. If she truly wanted to marry Draeseth, she needed to know how to be better suited to him in bed.

The thought that Isonei was the only one who could help her with the matter made her feel uncomfortable. Draeseth had said she'd offered to explain it. Lislora resolved to be honest about why she was asking. Isonei deserved at least that much, and then the Aran woman could choose to help her or not.