Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This embassy will remain empty and diplomatic relations will grind to a virtual halt until corrective measures are taken to rid this building of the issues surrounding it, or your government pays the United States for the cost of the building. At that time, we will consider building a new embassy with American labor and without whatever it is that is making Americans ill in this building."

Raul Castro sat quietly as the interpreter explained what Gwen had stated before responding. "We have no knowledge of any problems at this embassy. We believe that it's a fabricated problem with the single purpose of embarrassing the government of Cuba. The Unites States is trying to sway international opinion against Cuba."

"That was what I expected," nodded Gwen. "You should know that Lady in Red Productions has been planning to construct a hospital in Cuba. It would have been very similar to those serving Moscow and Kiev. We had hoped to announce our intentions when our tour played Havana. Those plans will not be pursued until we are confident that our buildings won't be subjected to the same mysterious problems facing this embassy. This building will either become a safe environment in which to work, or Cuba will reimburse the United States for the expenses incurred building and maintaining it, or my company will build no hospital in Cuba," declared Gwen.

"We will redouble our efforts to determine the cause of any possible health issues related to this structure," promised Castro as he forced a smile. "You will be able to build your hospital within the year."

"Thank you, President Castro, for your time," responded Gwen as she stood. "I hope you're correct about that. You must excuse us as we have important matters to attend to here in the embassy. People need to know they'll be returning to the United States."

'What do you think, Naomi?" asked Gwen as soon as the three were alone.

"I don't trust him in any way. You can tell when he's lying because his lips move," offered Naomi. "He wanted you to pose with him for the cameras and I could see his disappointment when you ended the meeting so abruptly."

"We feel the same," agreed Gwen. "I hope he's inspired to stop whatever he's doing to this building. His agents may be listening to us at this moment. We're serious about the hospital."

Then Gwen whispered into Naomi's ear. "He won't be the leader of Cuba when we do decide to build here. We're certain of that."

The state dinner that evening was a complicated affair. Gwen and Steve walked a tightrope of being civil, but never cordial to Castro, while attempting to treat most nongovernmental guests warmly. For instance Cuban television, movie, and music artists were eager to meet the Americans. Steve and Gwen knew that change in a nation often begins in the arts and they felt it was important to establish a friendly rapport with them.

Partway through the evening, Steve was approached by an extremely beautiful young woman. She was young, brash, and determined to dance with Steve.

"Would you dance with me?" asked the beautiful young woman in excellent English. "I've seen all of your movies and would love to dance with you. You will find that I am very good."

Steve hesitated as he considered any ramifications of dancing with the Cuban sexpot. He glanced across the room to see Gwen watching him with a big smile. Then she nodded slightly.

"Perhaps you are concerned that your Queen will become jealous if you dance with such a beautiful young woman?" suggested the woman in an attempt to goad Steve into dancing with her.

Steve chuckled as he grabbed the girl's hand and led her over to the area where the musicians were set up. He made a request and they broke into smiles and nodded vigorously.

"Could you tell me your name?" asked Steve as he led the beaming girl to the middle of the dance floor.

"Solana Borges. I hope you are able to keep up with me," grinned the lovely girl. "I am just twenty-four and dance all of the time. You are not getting any younger."

Steve found himself liking the girl. She was impetuous and confident. "I'll do my best," was all he allowed before the music started.

What followed was a memorable performance as Steve and Solana engaged in an extremely sultry salsa. Every eye was on the couple as they swayed and gyrated to the music. Solana was an excellent dancer and she obviously enjoyed the spotlight. She made her moves as sexual and visually stimulating as she possibly could. She was unable to contain her surprise at how easily Steve moved with her and how he exaggerated his movements just enough to match hers.

When the music stopped, Solana hugged Steve and quickly kissed his lips. He had been the perfect dance partner and she was elated. Her smile vanished when she stepped away from Steve to find Gwen standing very close. In her short lifetime, Solana had become accustomed to jealous wives and girlfriends, so she prepared herself for a scene.

She was shocked when Gwen wrapped her in a hug and praised her dancing. "That was one of the hottest dances I've ever seen! You're very good. Not many partners could have kept up with Steve like you did."

"My Queen, I am honored that you enjoyed it," replied Solana before curtsying before Gwen. She had expected a jealous wife and had found a gracious, confident woman she immediately liked. She realized a curtsy was only fitting for the beautiful world leader.

"I've been told your father is well known in Havana," offered Gwen. "Can you give me your contact information? We're building relationships with leaders as well as possible future leaders around the world. I've been told you're active in local politics and aren't a big fan of Castro's."

"You want my information?" repeated the very surprised young woman. "I am Solana Borges. Here is my card. It has my email and phone number. If you give me the opportunity, I will show you that many Cubans want a better relationship with America and have grown very weary of communism."

Everyone at the dinner watched as the First Couple spoke to the young woman for a surprising length of time. It was readily apparent Solana was excited about the way the conversation was going. The First Couple was obviously interested in her, which caused her influence and fame to begin increasing immediately. The lovely Solana Borges was a rising star on the Cuban island!

The current leadership of Cuba was not pleased to see the lovely young woman gain rapport with the President of the United States, but knew well how closely the Hammers would be monitoring her career. It was a situation requiring thought and careful consideration. It was apparent the Hammers would be extremely upset and vocal if any trouble came her way.

Steve's dance with Solana was the highlight of a rather mundane state dinner as Gwen was careful not to appear to endorse the dictator in any way. The situation at the American embassy was just one of the serious issues creating friction between the two nations. Gwen and Steve retired to their hotel as soon as they were able, with measured graciousness, to terminate their appearance at the state dinner. Castro, along with the world, had seen the tougher side of the beautiful Queen of Peace.

Gwen accepted a few questions from the press the next morning. She wanted to find the opportunity to mention that Lady in Red would put building a new hospital in Havana on hold because of concern over health issues in various American structures in Cuba.

"Madam President, you met in private with President Castro, but never appeared for a photo op. Was that intentional?" asked an older reporter standing to the side.

"Yes, it was. I explained to President Castro that the United States was unhappy about the health problems in our embassy in Havana. Lady in Red had planned to construct a new hospital in Havana, but we've put that on hold. We're concerned about the health issues being experienced by those working in our embassy. There will be no new hospital until the situation has been addressed to our satisfaction," concluded Gwen.

"Are you saying you believe Castro is either responsible for the problem, or knows what the cause of it is?" followed up the reporter.

"Yes. I don't have much faith in coincidences. That this problem exists in our embassy and no other building in Havana speaks volumes. I expect it to be rectified, and soon."

"The local papers and the internet have stories about how you saved that child yesterday on the beach. It's being called the Miracle of Playa Guanabo. Do you feel it was a miracle, My Queen?" asked Heather Jensen.

"In medicine, miracles happen all of the time. Lives are saved. Diseases are cured. Dedicated medical professionals around the world accomplish unbelievable results, day in and day out. The miracle yesterday was that the mother was able to get her infant to me in time, and how well the baby responded to her treatment. There are many recorded instances where a person was able to revive an infant with an obstructed airway. This was one of them. I'm very pleased the child survived and is well, but there are many trained people who could have done the same," answered Gwen.

"We need to get something to eat and then prepare for our concert tonight," pointed out Steve as he began to lead Gwen from the room, knowing she had accomplished her goal of stating her suspicions of complicity by Castro and the Cuban government.

The stage was set up in Plaza de la Catedral in Old Havana. Gwen led the troupe out before she advanced alone to the front. Gwen smiled broadly and waved to the cheering crowd as she moved along the front of the stage. Fans began dropping to their knee as Gwen passed in front of them. As they kneeled, they became very quiet. It was startling to experience such silence in the presence of so many people.

"Tu Reina quiere que todos te levantes y disfrutes del espectáculo. Your Queen wants you to all rise and enjoy the show," intoned Gwen as she gazed over the crowded plaza. "¡Estamos aquí para entretenerte, mis amigos! We're here to entertain you, my friends!"

That was the cue for Charlie to signal the band to begin the concert. Over the course of the show Gwen, Jordan, and Kathy Perrine added a few popular Latin tunes, singing them in Spanish, and the crowd enthusiastically expressed its appreciation. Thousands of Cubans had traveled to Havana to watch the performance and the city enjoyed a carnival atmosphere.

It was after the first intermission that Gwen noticed the musicians were sporting new tee shirts. The words 'We Come in Peace World Tour' were blazoned across the top. Below that lettering was a likeness of Gwen as she knelt in the cemetery of a small Hungarian town. Below the image were the words 'The Miracle of Saint Stephen'. The back of the shirt featured Gwen in a red bikini kneeling over an infant as she breathed life back into the child. Below was written 'The Miracle of Playa Guanabo'!

The show lasted long into the warm Caribbean night and the people of Cuba did their best to show how proud and happy they were to have the Queen of Peace performing in their country. Havana never slept as residents and tourists partied through the night.

Gwen and Steve, along with Naomi, Kate and Chip were flown by a Navy helicopter to Guantanamo Bay the next morning for a quick visit. Steve took Gwen to the home he'd lived in when his father was stationed at Gitmo. He was surprised how near Naomi's former home was to his old house. For some reason, he had always imagined her living far from his parents' home. Both Steve and Naomi enjoyed walking around their old neighborhoods and pointing out places they'd gone and recalling some of the activities they'd enjoyed. Gwen was given a brief tour of the Naval Base by the base commander.

By early afternoon, they had returned to Havana to board Air Force One for the flight to Mexico City. Gwen was met on the tarmac by President Nieto. After a warm reception, Gwen spent the afternoon in discussions with her Mexican counterpart. There were many issues between the two nations and the two presidents were eager to work toward resolving them.

That evening was the state dinner. Gwen and Steve made every effort to be friendly and respectful as they interacted with the VIPs of Mexico. Once again, the magnetism and charm of America's First Couple dominated the affair. The schedule had worked out so Gwen would be in Mexico for only two days.

The next evening saw hundreds of thousands of cheering fans jammed into the Zócalo, the main square in Mexico City. "¡Tu Reina quiere que te pares y disfrutes de la música! Your Queen wants you to stand and enjoy the music!" was all Gwen had time to manage before Charlie cued the band. Steve marveled at the energy level Gwen brought to the show, knowing as he did how hard she'd been working on the tour. By the time the final song was performed, Steve could see Gwen was wearing down. He insisted she let him take her back to the hotel as soon as possible and get some much-needed rest.

The next afternoon, after almost ten hours of sleep, a somewhat refreshed Gwen met with the press before boarding Air Force One. "Madam President, you have just one more concert to perform before you return to the United States. Will you be glad to see this trip end?" asked a network reporter.

"I'm always happy to return home," responded Gwen. "The We Come in Peace Tour was a wonderful experience that allowed me to meet and speak with people and leaders around the world. I enjoyed every leg of the trip and look forward to meeting the Prime Minister of Canada later today."

"My Queen, how do you feel about the shirts and signs that speak of the two miracles you performed?" asked Heather Jensen.

"Heather! I have not performed any miracles and am not comfortable when anyone implies that I did," replied Gwen with a light rebuke. "Those situations worked out for the best and I'm just grateful for that."

"Madam President, do you think postponing the vote to approve Kate Martin and Naomi Wilson-White to your cabinet until you return to the United States will affect the outcome?" questioned a cable news reporter.

"I guess that remains to be seen. I hope it does, but I have no expectations regarding Congress. They'll do whatever they're going to do, and I have no influence on that apart from whatever the American public may say on my behalf. I'm returning to Washington to perform my duties to the best of my ability, and will do so until the day I leave office, whenever that may be," pledged Gwen.

"Madam President, are you going to lobby Congress to approve your appointments?" asked another reporter.

"No," was Gwen's quick response. "I won't be making promises or deals in any attempts to persuade the Senate to do the right thing. This is between them and their constituents. I have a lot of work to catch up on and that's where I'll be spending my time."

"Jim Vance, who's slated to be the starting quarterback for the DC Spartans, has publicly stated his intention to kneel during the anthem. How will you deal with that situation, Madam President?" asked a newspaper reporter.

"Decisively," responded Gwen. "We really have to prepare for the flight to Ottawa, so please excuse Steve and me. Thanks for being so patient."

Prime Minister Trudeau gave Gwen one of the most gracious and warm receptions she had received on her entire tour. As they rode to their hotel, Gwen and Steve were surprised and pleased to see many banners and signs welcoming them to Canada.

The state dinner was held that evening. Gwen was at her best as she enjoyed chatting with the Prime Minister, politicians, and various recording and film artists. Almost everyone spoke English, although some had obvious French accents, and that made the interactions far more relaxed. It was quite apparent that Canada was delighted to host the Queen of Peace and her Warrior husband. Gwen and Steve spent their evening building friendships and stronger relationships with many influential Canadians.

The next day Charlie worked with his musicians to add some new songs for the concert that evening. They knew the people of Canada would appreciate the group performing songs made famous by Canadian artists.

Confederation Square was packed with enthusiastic fans when Gwen took the stage with her band mates. The crowd was in a frenzy as she approached the front of the stage. Most of the huge crowd dropped to a knee as Gwen waved and smiled to the crowd.

"I understand many of you are loyal to the Queen of England and I certainly respect your position. To those of you kneeling, this Queen thanks you and asks you to stand and enjoy the music!"

After the last brief intermission, the band concentrated on music by Canadian artists. Naturally the huge audience loved it. The roar of approval was loud and long when Jordan began playing the piano as Steve took Gwen's hand and began singing '(Everything I Do) I Do it for You'. The First Couple danced smoothly around the stage as Gwen molded herself tightly to Steve's body.

Steve sang the stanza 'I will walk the wire for you, I will die for you' as the huge Jumbotrons split the screen. One half showed the couple dancing while the other half featured clips of Steve at the end of a rope ladder as a helicopter approached the ship overrun by pirates before releasing the ladder and launching into the horde awaiting him. Other clips showed him battling terrorists in the streets of Berlin.

The one thing both sets of clips showed so dramatically was Steve's willingness to die for Gwen. Everything he did, he did it for her. Everyone knew that was true and more than a few in the audience had to wipe away tears as they watched the couple dance.

A short time later, Jordan sang several Anne Murray hits while Jack Timberline followed with some of Gordon Lightfoot's well-known songs. Steve sang 'Please forgive Me', another song by Bryan Adams that Steve had covered with great success. Then Charlie sang 'Have you Ever Really Loved a Woman' as Lisa came on stage to dance with Steve. It had been their dance years before when Steve was still in high school. Gwen had suggested it a few days earlier and Lisa and Steve had managed to practice the dance a few times before the show and it was received enthusiastically by the huge audience.

Gwen sang 'My Heart Will Go On" as she and Steve danced across the stage. The audience remained silent and totally transfixed as the Queen and Warrior continued to show how they lived and loved like few before them ever had.

Then Steve and Gwen moved to the front of the stage to sing 'Because you Loved Me'. As they performed, the huge screens played many scenes from their lives. Steve inserted the line, 'you gave me breath when I couldn't breathe' as the screen showed Gwen rescue breathing for Steve on the banks of Emerson River. There were no dry eyes when Steve and Gwen bowed at the end of the song.

Ottawa was enjoying a late summer evening and the city was filled with happy partiers all night. Canadians were extremely pleased that Lady in Red had dedicated a great deal of the show to honoring musicians of their country.

The next morning, Air Force One approached an American airport for the first time in two months. Navy helicopters awaited Gwen and her group when they landed at the state capital. By noon, the helicopters were setting down within the friendly confines of Asgard. The world premiere of 'The Queen's Ransom' was scheduled for the next evening. Tyler wanted it to open on a Thursday. He fully expected it to set attendance records around the world.

Sandy Johnson Turner was enjoying a 35th birthday celebration with some family and friends in a banquet room at Marsh's Landing, when the entire restaurant suddenly went silent. She opened the door to the main dining room to see Steve and Gwen with their friends and family entering the building.