Laws of the Heart: Alternate Ending

Story Info
Can the marriage be saved after cheating?
6k words
4.13
173.6k
52
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,682 Followers

My name is DG Hear. I have been waiting for some alternate endings to this story. In my opinion, This was truly a great story except for the ending. I have read this story time and time again. Really a good one, but the ending just doesn't fit. So I thought I would start my writing debut and try for an alternate ending.

The first Chapter 7 (ending #1) was written by HEADHUNTERTALES.

I will start my ending near the end of his chapter 7.

You may want to read the first 6 chapters before reading the endings.

Chapter 7 does explain a lot of detail from the previous 6.

(New ending starts here)

I listened to everything Jill had to say. I was in love with this women but was hurt deeply.

Then I told her that I couldn't just come home and forget everything that had happened. I told her if she would have came home feeling remorse and asked to talk to me and tell me the truth, we may have had a chance at forgiveness. I tried for days to get her to be honest with me but she didn't do it. Only after she knew that I knew something was wrong did she get worried.

Even then, I said, Juan called you and asked you to meet with him when he came to town and you still couldn't say NO! You still wanted to leave your options open to cheat on me again. You even told me that you have never cheated on me before, are not presently cheating but never even mentioned the future. I said to her, I do not trust you Jill, not any more. I don't know if I ever can.

You say I'm a good lover, but how do I compete with your dreams and fantasies? How do I compete with multiple partners, multiple orgasms? How do I compete with AMAZING?

Whenever we make love or have sex, I'll be wondering who you're thinking of. I'll never know if it's me or your lovers. I can't live like that.

All our friends, both yours and mind will know that I've been cuckold and am a wimp.

Then I told her, Yes Jill, I love you with all my heart and all my soul but I can't live with you until a lot of problems are resolved.

I told her there are two Jake's now. The first one you almost killed with your adultery and now there's the new Jake. I don't think you will love the new Jake. He wants revenge, he doesn't trust you, he doesn't know to believe you. He doesn't want anything to do with your so called friends. He may become violent do to mood swings, maybe over time he will mellow out. But right now even though he loves you and loves his son, he may not be able to think straight or control his temper. No Jill, I don't think you will like the new Jake. He doesn't even like himself. But, you created him Jill. You made the new Jake what he is today.

You want an answer to living together as man and wife? Well Jill, right now the answer is NO!

I will file for divorce and it will take 6 mos. to become final. If we can see each other during this time maybe, just maybe we can solve some big issues. If not then the divorce will go through in 6 months as final. I will get an apartment close by to help with little Jake.

You will be the guardian of little Jake, I know we both truly love him. In my condition now I would not make a good parent. Little Jake really loves you. I will stop by to see him for a couple of hours on Mondays and Wednesday. I'll take him with me every other Saturday and bring him back on sundays. Some of those weekends we can spend some time together if you like.

Here's some issues that could change this agreement.

If you ever contact or see Juan again the divorce will be final. If you cheat on me with any man the divorce becomes final. If I find out you have lied to me about anything the divorce is final.

If I find out that you brought men into our house in front of little Jake not only will the divorce become final but. I will seek to take him away from you. None of this is up for debate. I don't know what the outcome will be? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This is chapter 8 (The Revenge)

Jill and I have been separated about a month now. We have been getting along pretty good. I stop by every Monday and Wednesday to see little Jake. We play games and take walks and I wrestle with him. Jill tries to stay out of the way but every now and then she does come in and join us. It feels so good just to have her around until something strikes a negative cord such as Sally calling her when I'm there. Just about anything sets me off. I always seem to take it out on Jill using negative remarks like, " We could have been a happy family" or "Why Jill why did you do it?

The new Jake is not a real nice person. I always say things like. "Just keep your friends away from me." Or, "What do they think of your cuckold husband?" She tries to just avoid me at times like that. I've even said stuff like "Don't you wish I was gone so you could get one of your boyfriend here to fuck you?"

Sometimes on Saturday we (Jill, little Jake and I) will go out to eat. Jill always offers to cook for me but I'll always say something like "No thanks, Don't want to get used to home cooking again" might not last. Anything to throw a dig at Jill. Sometimes we order in Pizza, Chinese food, or even subs. I always go home more depressed then when I came. Damn, why did she do it?

I have been working very hard and putting in lots of long hours to help me forget. Lately I've been winning some really big cases. The money is rolling in but that's not that important to me right now. Jill has been handling a few cases out of the house. As you know we are both lawyers. She wants to devote most of her time to Little Jake. She rarely has been leaving the house. I know she is trying to prove to me she can do it. But, she only has to fall once and it's all over between us, she's very aware of this. That's why I can't understand why she still hangs around with Sally?

Then last Wednesday Jill asked me if I would like to have Little Jake Friday and Saturday? She said Sally had asked her if she wanted to get out of the house for one day and go into the next town and have dinner and a few drinks. It was about an hour away. They were going to a fancy Holiday Inn. She even gave me the number in case I needed anything. If they drank too much they would get a room. I know Jill needed to get out, but why with Sally? I told her I don't like or trust Sally. I did tell her that I would be happy to take Little Jake for a day, he's a sweet little guy..

She said they would be leaving around 4:00pm and would drop little Jake off at day care until I came to pick him up after work. She also said seeing she wouldn't be here that I could just stay at the house with Little Jake and wouldn't have to pack anything for him.

I agreed and called the day care to let them know I would be there around 6:00pm on Friday to pick up little Jake. I was just hoping Jill didn't plan anything stupid. I still had some big distrust issues with her. Then of course she was with Sally who I knew was bad news.

On Friday I had just won another big case. I was really feeling pretty good. I offered to drive my client back to the airport so he could catch his plane, and then drive over to pick up little Jake at day care. I drive a 2002 black Mercedes. A really nice looking car. So I drove my client to the airport. As I bid him farewell I looked up and saw Juan Mendoza and another guy getting into a rented sports car. Damn it! What was he doing here? They must have just arrived from Miami. They didn't see me, boy I was really angry.

Did Jill or Sally or both of them know he was coming this weekend? Every bad thought crossed my mind as I headed back down the road. Was my marriage now over? Could I do anything to stop something from happening again? Last time I stood by and let it happen. The new Jake would never stand by and watch. He was no wimp. He needed his ounce of revenge. But how was he suppose to get it?

I was driving and thinking as I flew down the road. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the sports car coming up behind me. It was easy to spot, a bright canary yellow color. I saw that Juan was driving and his passenger was just relaxing, probably smoking a joint. We were on a standard two lane highway, traffic was fairly light. I seen Juan getting over in the other lane of traffic to pass me. I looked up ahead and saw a big 18 Wheeler approaching from the opposite direction, it was moving at a fairly fast clip. In my raged state I hit the accelerator at the same time Juan did.

When he got up along beside me I rolled down my window and just stared at him. I seen him look in my direction and said Oh Shit!!!

He hit his accelerator again and so did I. The truck was fast approaching. Juan didn't have time to get in front of me. He went to slow up to fall behind me but I wouldn't let him in, I slowed up also. As a last ditch effort he sped up again and went to his left to avoid hitting the on coming truck who kept hitting on his horn.

The yellow sports car went through the guard rail and over an embankment. I just sped up and never looked back. A few miles up the road I passed some emergency vehicles going in the opposite direction.

I arrived at the day car center, and was a little shook up, but the adrenalin was flowing, I actually felt good.. I wondered if Juan was going to turn me in, right now nothing mattered. I got my ounce of revenge which turned out to be a lot more. I picked up little Jake and took him to Jill's place (even though it was our house, right now it was Jill's place) and we ate and spent time together.

I did called the Holiday Inn as soon as I got in and asked if Juan Mendoza had checked in yet?

The counter person said no he hasn't. Would you like to leave a message?

I just replied no thank you and hung up. Now I knew one thing for sure, he booked a reservation at the same motel Jill was at. I then went through Jill's cell phone records. I knew where she kept them and checked them for the last couple of months. I seen a half dozen calls from Juan number in Miami. The majority of calls were of a short duration of a few minutes. One call lasted 15 minutes. Looks like things were coming to a end for our marriage, was she playing me?

About 9:00pm I put little Jake to bed and was watching TV and just thinking about what I was going to say to Jill. I knew I would have to act surprised about the accident.. About half an hour latter Jill came home. I asked her what she was doing home? I thought she was going to be late at best or even spend the night. She looked a nervous wreak. She had been crying and shaking. I wondered how she was able to drive home in that condition.

She ran in and said Jake something terrible has happened. I need you to hold me. Please Jake just hold me.

I wrapped my arms around her and just held her for a little while, saying nothing. Just letting her compose herself. She felt and smelled so good. It felt good just holding her. This was no time for me to make smart ass remarks to her.

When she stopped crying and shaking she told me she had to tell me something really important.

I told her to calm down everything will be alright.

She said but Jake. . . . I have to talk to you!

I told her to take a shower and calm down, then we could talk. She took a few minutes and took her shower and put her robe on. She came in and sat down next to me. I handed her a glass of wine and asked her what this was all about.

She looked at me seeming very nervous and said Juan is dead.

I said what are you talking about Jill?

She said Juan Mendoza was killed in an auto accident tonight.

I looked at her trying to act surprised and asked her where she heard this? Is this why your crying because her lover was killed?

She said no Jake! I need for you to listen to me. I know you don't trust me but I need to tell you what happened. Please Jake, you have to listen to what I have to say.

I told Jill I'm all ears but I might break into her talk to ask questions.

She said anything you want Jake. I've been trying so hard. I don't want to lose you.

I said get on with it Jill. I was getting impatient.

She looked at me eye to eye and said I think Sally set me up. I believe she is trying to separate us.

I looked at Jill and said she's (Sally) doing a pretty good job of it. Then I told here to explain.

Jill said that in the last month she had gotten a number of calls from Juan. (Which of course I already knew)but glad she told me. She kept telling him she wasn't interested and only loved me. One time when he called she said he wanted to get with her when he came to Boston.

Jill said she told him it was a big mistake to have slept with him in the first place and he made a fool out of her giving her to his brother. She told him she wanted no more to do with him or his brother.

Jake, Juan just laughed and said maybe he would just call you and let you know what really happened at the reunion. I just hung up on him Jake, I didn't want to even answer him.

She figured he didn't know that I had found out about the affair and thought he could blackmail her into having sex with him again.

I looked at Jill to try and find out by looking at her eyes to see if she was telling the whole truth. I just couldn't tell. So I said, go on Jill what happened to him.

Well, as she started to continue, he must have called Sally and set up this weekend. Honest Jake, I knew nothing about it. Please believe me.

I looked at Jill and said that's the problem of breaking a trust Jill. How do I know if you're telling me the truth? How do I trust you again?

She just teared up and continued talking. Sally and I got to the Holiday Inn around 5:30 and she went to get a room. I asked her how did she know that we were staying the night?

She just looked at me and said we will be staying, I guarantee it.

I felt a little annoyed but kept quiet. Then we went down to the dining room.

We ordered drinks and were just talking. I told her I was getting hungry and lets order dinner. She wanted to wait an hour or so but I insisted, so we ordered. As we were eating I was talking about you and little Jake. She kept looking around and acted disinterested. I asked her what she was doing.

She said she invited a couple of friends to dinner and wondered if they had arrived yet.

I looked at her and said, What did you do Jill?

She looked at me and laughed and said you'll see.

I started to get nervous. I knew our agreement Jake and wasn't going to go against it. I said Sally! You didn't invite men to our table did you? Jake will divorce me.

She said fuck Jake, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

Sally then got up and went to the reservation desk. I was really getting nervous and mad now.

She came back trembling and said he's dead.

I looked at Sally and said what are you talking about.

She said Juan was killed in an auto accident about 2 hours ago on the way here.

I looked at her stunned and said : You invited Juan her tonight? How could you? How could you do that to me? I was stunned, I didn't know what to think. Sally who was suppose to be my best friend set me up. She invited Juan without my knowledge. I was furious at her, At the same time I was stunned to hear Juan was killed.

Then I thought of you Jake, I thought of you. What would you think? My God Jake, I was all mixed up. I laid down some cash for my dinner and told Sally I had to leave, I had to get back to you. So, I just left her standing there and came home to you. What would I say to you? Would you believe me? I had to get back and tell you the truth Jake, I just had to.

What do you know about the accident Jill? The one Juan was in.

She said, I don't know anything Jake, just that Juan and a friend of his were driving here and had an accident. Juan was killed and his friend was in serious condition. I didn't stay around to here anything else. I needed to get to you Jake. I needed to get to you. Jake will you hold me some more? Just hold me?

I took Jill in my arms and just held her. Was she telling me the whole truth? I just didn't know. While she was in my arms she fell asleep. I just sat with my arms around her and watched the 11:00 o'clock news.

According to the truck driver, the yellow sports car was attempting to pass a black Mercedes. Either the sports car didn't have room to pass or the Mercedes sped up, he couldn't tell which. Then the yellow sports car veered off to the truckers right went over an embankment and crashed into a fence. The trucker came to a stop a little ways from the accident and called 911. He said the black Mercedes just kept going. It Didn't even slow down.

The police said that the sports car hit a fence after going over the embankment. The rail on the fence almost decapitated the driver. A Juan Mandoza from Miami was killed on impact. A passenger, Tom Allen, from Miami was in critical condition with two broken legs and multiple injures. He is in a coma but expected to pull through.

Jake lifted up Jill and carried her to the bedroom and covered her up. He then went back and checked on little Jake then laid on the couch and got some rest. Tomorrow would be another busy day.

I woke up on Jill's couch and began to wonder if she was she telling me the truth? Damn Jill! why did you ever have to make me distrust you? I got up wondering what my revenge would cost me if anything. I went ahead and put on coffee and started frying up some bacon.

Jill got up came in the room smiled and said, "Gee it sure smells good in here."

I looked at her and started to smile and quickly stopped. To early for that I thought. I could tell Jill did see a glimmer of hope.

I asked her how she wanted her eggs?

She looked at me and asked if I was going to make her breakfast with a slight smile?

I told her I was making myself breakfast but could easily make two extra eggs.

She smiled again. We sat down and had breakfast then I told her I was going to take little Jake with me today. I told her I had a few things planned with him seeing he was suppose to be with me that day.

After breakfast she got up, got little Jake who was already awake, got him ready to leave with me for the day.

I took little Jake to a small amusement park that was set up at a mall parking lot. I let him ride the rides while I tried to get my head on straight. Did Jill tell me the truth or did she make up the story figuring it really couldn't be checked out especially since Juan was now dead?

After leaving the mall I went to one of the areas Mercedes dealership. I decided it might be a good time to update my vehicle. I told the salesman I would like to update a couple of years maybe to a 2004. I was still a little tight with my money and didn't want to buy a new car. You just lose so much money the first year.

He had three 2004 Mercedes on the lot. I chose a silver one pretty much like the black one I had. We did the paperwork and switched license plates. I called the insurance company and got the insurance transferred. I then put little Jake's car seat in the vehicle and drove off in my new (used) car.

We arrived back at Jill's house and she was surprised to see us in a new vehicle. She came out and I took her for a ride in my new (used) car.

She asked what brought this on?

I told her I treated myself since I was doing so well in the law office and decided to update my vehicle.

She smiled and said what a nice car it was.

I asked her how she felt about Juan's death?

She never really answered me. I told her that I was glad he was dead. Just maybe when she thinks about him, just maybe she will see this torn up body with a half a head instead of a lover.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "Jake please don't talk like that."

I said bull shit Jill, he got what he deserved. To bad it didn't happen 3 months ago then we wouldn't be going through all this shit.. When we arrived back at her house Jill got out of the car took little Jake and went inside.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,682 Followers
12