Leader of the Pack Ch. 19

Story Info
Jenna's plan and Aislinn learns to shift.
7.5k words
4.82
94.2k
61

Part 19 of the 26 part series

Updated 10/20/2022
Created 11/16/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
secretme
secretme
3,477 Followers

Cullen drove back toward the reservation with a full belly and his wolf growling in his ear for not having spent some time alone with Aislinn before getting into the car. Her scent was driving him nuts. Everyone else at the reservation who was going to attend the funeral would be caravanning to the reservation that evening and the next morning.

Cullen listened to Aislinn and Sarah discussing the fact the new omegas had been overly friendly to her and though Ranaild had avoided her like the plague, Elise had hugged her and then spent the rest of the afternoon following her around and trying to do all Aislinn's work for her. Cullen smiled figuring that his little comment about Aislinn changing his mind from killing them to just demoting them had made her a few friends. Aislinn had been so engrossed in her conversation with Sarah that she missed his thoughts about it. He noted that the next time he wanted to have his mind to himself he'd just get her involved in a conversation with one of the other women.

"I caught that one," Aislinn said and shot him a look that made him chuckle as he drove. If it weren't for the fact that they were headed for a funeral they'd have been in great spirits.

They arrived at the reservation in relatively short order. Cullen's plan had been to go straight to bed with Aislinn. For the last hour of the trip he had been sending her images of what he intended to do to her. Aislinn had been countering with her own ideas of what would be fun and it was working them both up so much that Sarah had commented on the rapidly rising pheromone level in the car.

When they finally arrived at the reservation the hour was late, but most of the lights in the cabin were still on. It was a sign of the upset of the pack that so many people were still up. Cullen looked up at the building wondering if he would even be capable of making it to their room. He growled know full well he didn't want to wait to have her at this point. Cullen shot Aislinn a predatory grin and nodded back toward the woods. "There probably aren't any glass doors for you to hide behind that way," he suggested.

Aislinn grinned and her eyes shifted. "No, probably not. But I don't need to hide if you can't catch me," she grinned and started to back away from the car toward the woods.

When Cullen started to follow her Sarah growled at both of them. "This won't go over well. You're supposed to be more public. If this isn't running and hiding I don't know what is. What the hell am I supposed to tell them when I walk in alone?"

Cullen pulled his shirt off and tossed it at Sarah. He had no intention of going inside just yet. "I don't care. Tell them to come out and join us if they like. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who could use a run in the moonlight."

Sarah watch Cullen take off the rest of his clothes, shift and the take off in the direction that Aislinn had disappeared in. She yelled after him that he was acting like a teenage idiot, but the last thing she got from him was a howl crying at the moon telling that he found her scent and was on the hunt.

Sarah threw the clothes she was still holding on the ground. She couldn't believe he left her to deal with the pack tonight. "Why exactly did I not want to give this job to Aislinn?" she grumbled. "I hope she manages to completely snow your ass," Sarah added as she stomped toward the cabin. It would be great if she managed to get away from the mighty hunter. But Gods he'd be frustrated if that happened. Sarah snickered. If anyone could manage to get away from him it'd be Aislinn.

When Sarah walked into the cabin the atmosphere was frigid. Keith approached her and the first thing out of his mouth was, "So where's Cullen?"

"Playing hide and seek," Sarah groused. "What's wrong?"

"Hide and seek?" Keith asked incredulously.

"Yeah, hide and seek. They're getting worse. He actually carried out of the Taigh-Oèsda on his shoulder when I told him to start controlling himself." Sarah was watching the onlookers. The room was full of elders and Terrick was glaring in her direction. "What exactly is going on here Keith," Sarah said growing increasingly more concerned.

Keith leaned in and spoke softly to Sarah. "Terrick's instigating a pack split. He's trying to convince everyone that Aislinn is currently running the pack and we just don't know it. He doesn't have many number, but enough. Cullen needs to get in here now."

Sarah nodded. Her brain was scrambling for a way to diffuse the situation. "Leave it to Terrick to cause problems on the eve of funeral," she growled angrily and eyed Terrick.

He smiled at her. "Has the druid gotten to you as well then?" Terrick asked loudly.

Sarah knew that he was setting her up to lose credibility. "Terrick, firstly Aislinn isn't capable. You don't know enough about druids to be able to talk on it. And secondly what kind of mas goes and start trouble the night before a funeral? I realize you've always be out to displace Cullen but this is low even for you." That comment had a soft murmur rumbling through the room. Everyone knew that Terrick had designs on being the alpha. Now they were wondering if all Terrick's talk while Cullen was out was really him being overly ambitious and trying to stir up discontent since he saw an opening.

Terrick noticed the turn in his tide. It had taken him quite a bit of work to set this up. He wasn't about to let it go this easily. "Then where is our alpha. If there truly isn't anything to be concerned about with this woman then why does he spend so much time keeping her to himself? And every time we've seen him lately they act strangely."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Everyone acts strangely when they meet the one they want to mate with." That sent another wave of murmuring around the room. "You just think it's weird from Cullen because he's been so long in the choosing. And he's keeping her to himself because she was raised human and doesn't really understand what's going on most of the time. You're turning it into more than it is. You want to see Cullen and Aislinn. They're having a run." She pointed out the window. She chuckled to herself. Well, he did say to invite them all to join him. "I think that we could all use an outlet. There's been too much upset of late. You want to see what Aislinn is up to with Cullen? I suggest you go hunt them down for yourself. I'm done playing babysitter. But I'll warn you not to interrupt. He wants to mate with her and he's getting more and more possessive the longer he's being forced to wait."

Terrick looked distraught as his audience started to filter out the door. Sarah smiled at him triumphantly. She knew that it wasn't over but she had won this battle. Keith looked at her. "Do you really think that was a good idea?" he asked nervously as he watched the rest of the pack heading out after the alpha.

"Well, he did say to invite them out," Sarah said with a vengeful look. "But you're probably right. Come on. We'll catch him first and warn him that he's got an audience. That's if he's even managed to get his claws on her yet." Sarah smiled at Drake as he approached her. He always had a look of pride on his face when he caught up with her after something like this. Sarah counted herself incredibly lucky that she had found a mate who could handle the fact that she acted as alpha in the pack. Drake was her support. He was always there when she needed him and never minding standing in the shadows of her spotlight.

Keith saw the looks on their faces and knew that he was no longer needed. Jaylyn was her way but wouldn't arrive until later that evening and he knew that he wouldn't be getting any from her. Maybe if she was there she'd let him take out some of his pent up aggression on an omega. He thought back to the one who had brought Cullen clothes for Aislinn the day before. She'd had a awfully nice ass.

Sarah, Drake, and Cullen headed out into the night, shedding clothes as they went. Keith and Drake actually had the best chance of finding Cullen considering they had hunted together for so long. They knew his tactics. They shifted into wolves and headed for the woods, howling into the night as they went and hoping that Cullen wasn't too far gone to notice the noise the pack was making.

***

Aislinn threw her clothes in various directions as she ran through the woods, hoping it might confuse her scent a little. She didn't have enough of a head start to actually do anything clever and she wasn't exactly positive what she should do to throw him off. She wasn't familiar with tracking or hunting. Right now she was just trying to stay ahead of him.

Her heart raced. She heard him howl and she spared a look in that direction, her eyes searching the shadows for her lover. She stifled a laugh, knowing how good his hearing was. Then she headed deeper into the woods. She didn't know the territory or where she was going. Those were both disadvantages. She felt her cat trying to take control. When she heard Cullen howl again and knew that he was still a ways off she stopped and stood still. Closing her eyes she tried to feel her beast like he had told her. She took some deep breaths and reached into herself but there wasn't anything that she could get a grip on. When she heard a rustle in the bushes she stopped trying and bolted.

Cullen knew he could find her easily enough. Her scent was a part of him and he could feel her excitement. He was moving slowly so that she could get a bit of head start. That would make it more fun. When he found her bra in a bush he rumbled in his chest and pushed his nose into the clothing taking in her scent on the fabric and howling again, before following the trail after her.

Aislinn felt him coming. She knew he was close behind. She could feel the cat, but she couldn't quite let it slip through. She didn't understand what she was doing wrong. If I didn't want it to happen it would already have taken over by now, she thought angrily.

Cullen could feel her frustration. If he could have smiled and laughed as a wolf he would have. No wonder he was catching up so quickly.

Aislinn sent a mental growl at him for his amusement at her predicament. It doesn't matter, she told him. I can still out smart you.

Only if you can change your scent mo piseagan. Keep getting mouthy and I'll come after you right now, and end the little fun I'm letting you have.

You are such a smug bastard. Just wait! Aislinn ducked under some branches and looked around for something brilliant but she just wasn't seeing anything. She knew that if she didn't get her cat to help then he was right. Even with her cat she didn't know if she could win this. He had too many advantages. Not that she didn't want to get caught in the end. She just wanted to at least make him work for it.

Aislinn didn't know where she was going, but Cullen did. He knew the territory too well. She was head straight toward the stones. He wondered briefly if he should work his way around and herd her off in a different direction or not. Aislinn was so caught up in finding a way to outsmart him she didn't notice the stones until she had stumbled into the clearing outside the circle. She didn't really think much about it other than the fact that it allowed her some bearings. She ran straight for the stones. As she stepped into the circle she felt like she was grabbed by the wind and wrestled to the ground.

Cullen felt the fear the minute she was caught and he charged headlong through the bushes toward the stones. She was confused and frightened. Then suddenly the emotion was muted. It was as if he was feeling her through a fog of some kind. That only drove him on harder. Cullen didn't know what could possibly be attacking her but there was no way he was going to let harm come to her again. When he barreled into the clearing she was gone. He could still feel her, barely. He knew that she had to be here somewhere. He followed her scent into the middle of the stones to the point where it stopped. Cullen whirled about trying to find whatever or whoever had taken her but there was nothing. Not even a breeze. No scent, no footprints.

***

Aislinn felt like she was in one of her visions. She was staring around at the stones and there seemed to be a timeless sense about the place that wasn't there before. It was as if everything has stopped. The trees were still and there was no sound from the animals as there had been before. As she stood looking around a terrible foreboding came to her. The bond she shared with Cullen felt weaker. She knew he was panicking but there was something missing or blocking most of him from her. That terrified her.

Aislinn walked to the stone that had fallen over during the fight. Someone had stood it upright again. Suddenly there was a sound behind. Aislinn turned hoping that it would be Cullen. When her eyes fell on her grandmother standing there and smiling gently at her she burst into tears.

"What is this place?" she cried almost hysterical. Her legs wouldn't work. She just stared at Brinah's ghostly figure in disbelief.

Brinah walked up to Aislinn slowly. It was obvious that she hadn't been ready for this. But there wasn't enough time to do it gently. "Calm down child. You're perfectly sane. I'm here."

"You're dead," Aislinn responded through the tears.

Brinah reached out to touch her and her hand passed through Aislinn's check leaving a cooling sensation but no tangible touch. "You're right," she said softly. "But the way I died bound me to this place. I didn't know that it would happen. But here I am."

"Oh, grandma I'm so sorry." Aislin couldn't stop the pain. She felt as though her chest was going to explode. "I never should have involved you. I can't believe you're trapped here now."

Brinah smiled at Aislinn. "You've a great deal to learn. That's my fault. I never allowed you to be taught. How could I have known that the fates would draw you back into this life. Don't cry for me child. I knew what I did each step that I took and I would do it again to help you if need be. Besides everyone who dies must go somewhere. The clearing is beautiful and the ley lines allow me some small existence beyond death. That's a great deal more than some."

Aislinn shook her head. She didn't know how to take all this. "Grandma-"

"Hush," Brinah cut her off. "Your mate grows anxious and will tear about the clearing if I don't return you soon. I have some important things to tell you. First, when you need me you now know where to find me," she smiled at Brinah. "I encourage you to take advantage of that in the near future. But for now it will suffice that you know where to go. Second, the books that are missing hold dangerous information. You need to convince Cullen that something must be done about it. Jenna is bad enough. But if they pass into the hands of the men he has sent to deal with Jenna that will be much worse. You need to find them and destroy them. The rest will fall into place as that goal is accomplished. I think our people were much smarter in ancient times. Never write down something you don't want others to know."

***

Jenna stood over Jacob. He was doing a great deal of reading and rereading. She had provided him with all the books and notes that Rafe had left behind and was insisting that he learn how Rafe was turning people into weres. When Jacob had asked why he had been beaten. That was a quick lesson learned. Do as you're told and ask no questions.

Then there was the fact that he had been shown the others that Jenna had in the basement. She also spent some time telling him to work faster or she'd harm the others.

"As motivating as that is, Mistress," Jacob said. "The man you're asking me to emulate spend a lifetime learning these things. I cannot assimilate the information over night. I'm doing my best. Perhaps if I knew your goal it would allow me to pick and choose the information that would be most helpful and gloss over the parts that I do not need. Especially if your goal is not to create a mixed were from a human base. That seems to be what all of this information pertains to."

Jenna scowled at him. She was tempted to have him beaten again for being so insolent except that she could see his point. "How long do you think it would take for you to be capable of doing what he did? Do you at least have an estimate on time? I can't believe that following a recipe should be as difficult as making it."

"Technically I suppose you're right there. But my predecessor," Jacob didn't even like thinking Rafe's name, "didn't trust anyone. He wrote a great deal of this in various languages so as to confuse the reader. Gaelic I know and English. But there is also another here and I don't quite catch what it is. I've been reading around those bits. I don't know how dangerous that will end up being. I'll need to spend some time translating it, after I figure out what language it is. Then there is the fact that these recipes are specifically for creating werecats of various types and one that appears to be elephant, boar, and bear. But that appears to have been abandoned in mid creation. The rest of these notes and information is ancient and contains the basic knowledge needed to create the recipes. That would take me a great deal of time. Since the ancients wrote in riddles so as to disguise their intent. I'm sorry. I don't know how long it would take to decipher that."

Jenna growled impatiently. "Fine, I will tell you my intent. I need you to create a formula that will allow me to mix this," Jenna produced a large canine tooth from her pocket, "with existing lycan bloodlines."

Jacob looked at the fossil that was placed on the table in front of him. "I'm sorry but all of these notes involve use of blood. I don't know what you expect me to do with a fossilized tooth. What is it?"

Jenna was getting angry. "I won't accept excuses. I'm sure you can figure it out. That," she said indicating the tooth, "is from canis dirus. My father has a small museum dedicated to the dire wolf. We consider the species to be an ancestor. A slightly larger, more powerful ancestor. Find a way to use it. I can get you more if need be."

"I think you are going beyond me with this assignment mistress," Jacob said as he stared at the tooth, awe and concerned understanding in his voice. "You need dna specialists or something. If you can find a way to make blood from fossilized bone, okay. Or if you can find a druid with enough knowledge of ancient ritual to be capable of changing the formula provided here from blood to bone. But how would you ingest bone? I suppose it could be ground down?" Jacob was torn between being frightened and refusing to help and being fascinated by the prospect and wanting to find the solution. At heart all druids loved knowledge and puzzles.

Jenna was a little pleased with the fact that she seemed to have caught Jacob's attention. "I'll see what I can do to bring you one or both of those options. For now continue your studies," she said. She left the tooth with him as she went to find Maon. She needed him to bring her some more people.

***

Cullen was going mad. He could feel her utter despair. The fear was gone but something was hurting her terribly. He was pacing back and forth. It had to do with the muin stone circle. He was getting close to having the whole muin thing destroyed.

Suddenly Cullen heard howling and shortly there after a few wolves appeared in the clearing. When Sarah, Drake, and Keith saw Cullen pacing they knew that something was wrong. At first they thought it was funny.

Sarah was the one to mistakenly speak first. Did she get away from you, Cul?

Cullen growled angrily and they all backed up. Something here has her. She's vanished!

secretme
secretme
3,477 Followers