Let it Snow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
markelly
markelly
2,577 Followers

Kathrin had moved in by the end of the month, and I've thanked Tony just about every time I've seen him since then. Mind you, I've been told by my future wife that she did have a part to play in this life drama as well. She went beet red when I told her in front of our friends that I would thank every inch of her later when we got home. Tony supplied the wolf-whistles while Marlene came across with the cat calls.

*******

Her family took a different stance of course and forbade her to marry a lowly truck driver. The conversation went back and forth after that, even heated at one point. I was actually still in the room when her father told her that she had better have a pre-nup signed, and a binding one, before she walked down the aisle. That put both our backs up and my future wife did ask if she could straighten out their misplaced attitude. It was perhaps the first and only argument we have ever had.

As the manager of the bank, she knew I owned Thompson's Haulage. My father had sold it to me when the doctors told him that for the sake of his health, he had to move to a warmer climate. The gross worth of the company was up there in the millions and I still loved to drive a rig on occasions.

But faced with irate parents who had already formed an opinion of me as I came through the door raised my blood pressure. I would have understood if Kathrin had tried to take her parents' side in this. After all, they are her folks and only trying to look out for her. But it was the instant assumption of me that I just couldn't get past, and my soon-to-be wife backed me up on that. So we sent them pictures of the wedding instead.

*******

I'm mostly office bound now, although I still cover for a sick driver when the need arises. The bank took Kathrin's advice and promoted from within. I made Kathrin a member of the board at the haulage company and she took over the accounts. On occasions she would join me for the more local trips I do, and I've sometimes found her car waiting for me the other side of Kenilworth Pass, right where we first met.

The first anniversary was a fluke; my wife was with me since this was just a local run, but as I've said before, around here the weather is the boss and likes to prove it from time to time. The snow, although expected, wasn't suppose to show up around here for another four hours. It got heavier and I noticed the worried look in my wife's eyes. I did casually mention that she didn't need to worry; I knew a safe place to sit it out. As I backed up off of the highway she couldn't stop laughing and almost accused me of setting the whole thing up.

Although I did offer to let her have the bunk, even she knew that wasn't going to happen. The cab's heater kept us warm and we both provided our own entertainment, well into the evening.

markelly
markelly
2,577 Followers