Life on Another Planet Ch. 19-22

Story Info
Another new hot lady and an encounter with Jesse's past.
15.7k words
4.79
15.4k
15

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/22/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,593 Followers

Chapter 19 Showdown Time

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6pm

"Hey, Jesse, good to see you back again," Chunky Castellano cried as he spotted Jesse walking onto the field from the parking area.

"Good to be here, Chunky. It's baseball season again, and I'm ready for it."

"We've got a couple of new players this year. You'll meet them in a few minutes. Ed Lofthouse, better known as "Lofty," and Donnie Milligan, better known as "Spike." Both of them have some experience at organized ball."

"That's great, Chunky. I'm really looking forward to playing again. I only had a part of a season with you guys last year, so I'm planning on a full season this year."

"Hi Jesse," came a familiar female voice.

"Hey, Wanda. Good to see you again," he smiled.

"Run into any football players lately," she teased.

"No ... and with any luck, I'll avoid that this season," he grinned.

Wanda was her usual upbeat self. Her spectacular body made her very visible, particularly to the male audience.

"Where's your rooting section," Wanda asked, looking around.

"Eve and Mica and Tony are at a little league meeting tonight. My girlfriend is in the stands, though."

"Holy crap!" Jesse heard and turned to see Chunky and a couple of his team mates staring at the stands by the dugout.

"Who is that?" Chunky asked.

"Oh, that's Kirsten, my girlfriend," Jesse said with a grin.

"You're kidding! Are you shittin' me?" he said looking at Jesse in wonder.

Jesse waved toward Kirsten and she waved back, then blew him a kiss. Jesse turned to the three fellows gathered around him and shrugged ... not able to suppress a smile of pride.

"So ... what's your secret?" Doug Gallagher asked.

Again, Jesse shrugged, but the smile hadn't left his lips.

"That is one incredible looking woman," Chunky said in wonder.

"How long have you been together?" Lofty asked.

"Well, unofficially since last summer. Officially, since March," Jesse explained. "She plays hockey for UBC, so she's pretty tied up from September to March."

"I'd love to have something like that tied up," Doug grumbled, and generating a chuckle from some of the other players ... Jesse not included.

The group broke up when Chunky decided the get the practice underway.

Jesse found it hard to concentrate on the ground balls off the fungo practice bat. His mind was elsewhere. Luckily, muscle memory and experience kicked in and he handled them without incident.

The change in Kirsten had come out of nowhere ... or so it seemed. He'd asked her for a date on the Saturday after he'd returned from Arizona. She had immediately agreed, showing a smile that almost melted him. A movie and a snack afterwards had been pretty conventional, but her demeanour had surprised him. Gone was the halting nervousness of their earlier encounters, replaced by a more carefree and flirty Kirsten. Together in the dark of the theatre, she leaned closely to him, encouraging him to put his arm around her.

He had chosen a romance, knowing he wanted Kirsten to enjoy the movie. It was obvious he had chosen wisely. She was definitely in a more romantic mood when they left the theatre. They discussed the movie as they ate their appetizers and sipped a glass of wine. Jesse wasn't the least bit embarrassed when they were both "carded" by the waiter.

It may have been April, but it was still cool in the evenings. It was a clear, moonlit night when Kirsten suggested they drive through Stanley Park and find a place to view the inner harbour. The lights on the North Shore, the passenger ferry shuttling across the inlet, the lights of the city, all combined to create a magical scene as they sat in his vehicle. Only the center consol interfered with their contact.

Kirsten leaned across that consol and met Jesse halfway, their embrace leading to a long, deep, kiss. Jesse's hand was inside her jacket and was stroking her torso, being careful not to be too aggressive. He gradually moved his hand so that it made contact with the side of her breast. She didn't react. In fact, he heard a small moan as they continued their kisses. He was reminding himself not to push his luck too far when Kirsten took his hand and placed it fully on her breast.

He could feel the nipple was extended through the thin, soft material of her bra. He gently used the palm of his hand to rub slowly across it, producing more audible moans. His erection threatened to burst it was so hard. He had certainly experienced this kind of petting in the past ... particularly with Juliet, but it was beyond what he expected with Kirsten. Now, where would she allow him to go from here?

Kirsten was completely absorbed in Jesse's fondling. It felt so good and her arousal was continuing. She couldn't remember being quite so stimulated as she was at that moment. In her mind, she had thrown caution to the wind and allowed ... no ... encouraged Jesse to go further with her than ever before. She wondered why it had taken her so long to allow herself to feel what she was feeling. She was no stranger to masturbation, but this was different. This was someone else's hands on her body and someone else making her feel like this. She was in no rush to end it.

She thought about taking it further, but hadn't decided what to do. She was aware of Jesse's erection. How could she not be? In an impulsive moment, she reached down and felt the outline of it. She could feel the reaction in Jesse. She knew he was far more experienced than she was, but he was acting like this was a surprise. She had taken a big step when she felt his hand on her breast. Now, she was venturing into his body, wondering how far she might go ... if she had the courage.

Jesse was completely surprised by Kirsten's actions. Again, none of this was new to him, but it was very new and unexpected from her. He didn't know how to proceed. She was encouraging him, but to do what?

"Are you warm enough," he asked quietly.

"Yes. Quite warm," she whispered in his ear. "Very warm."

"Is there something you want?" he wondered aloud.

"I was going to ask you the same question," she said, still whispering.

"I want to make love to you some day soon," he admitted, wondering if he'd gone a step too far.

"I know. I want that too."

Another surprise. "I didn't know. I've been so careful not to push you."

"Yes ... you have," she sighed, her head on his shoulder. "You have been very patient with me. I feel very good when I am with you. I want you, Jesse. I am not experienced like you, so you will have to be ... careful."

"I know," he said, kissing her forehead. "I don't know what, but I know something in your past caused you great harm and I know you are still dealing with that. But I also want you to know I would never do anything that would harm you ... physically or mentally."

"Thank you. I will tell you about it someday soon. You will understand why I am shy around boys ... and men. But I am not shy around you anymore. I trust you and someday I want you to be my lover."

Jesse felt a burst of adrenalin as she told him of her wish. "I want that more than anything. You are so beautiful and such a lovely person. No man could resist you."

"But before we make love, I want you to tell me everything about who Jesse Peterson really is. In return, I will tell you everything about me. This is about trust, Jesse. I trust you, and trust is something I am just learning to have with people other than my family. Can you do that?"

Her proviso came as shock to Jesse. Was this the moment of truth? Was he ready to tell her about his circumstances? Was she ready to hear them? It was showdown time.

"Why do you think that what you see isn't what I am?" he asked, stalling for time.

"I do not know. Little pieces of you that you say or do seem ... different from other people. There are times when I think you are older than your age ... and other times ... like you have missed part of growing up. I cannot say I know you completely, Jesse. I am struggling with my own past ... as you have already realized. It is not easy and you are the first young man I have really come to being close to. Close enough that I want to make love with you. For me, that is a big step."

Jesse sat quietly, saying nothing, his gaze trying to penetrate the fogged windshield. It was the moment of truth that he both dreaded and welcomed. If he hand any future in this strange new world, he wanted it to include Kirsten. If that was ever to happen, he had to be honest with her ... and accept the consequences. He knew what he had to do, but the question was ... how?

"Kirsten, something happened to me last year that goes quite beyond explanation. I won't try and explain it without Eve being with us to confirm my story. Is that acceptable?"

She sat looking at him with a wrinkled forehead ... a puzzled look. What could it be that needed confirmation? Then again, what would it harm if she had Eve there when she revealed her own dreadful tale? It almost sounded like Eve would be the conduit for both of them. At length, she nodded.

"I think that is a good idea, Jesse. Do you want to talk to her first and see if she is agreeable?"

"Yes. Perhaps tomorrow? Everyone will be available."

She nodded, her face more relaxed now. "Yes ... tomorrow."

Sunday, April 15, 2012 11am

"Kirsten, Eve knows what this meeting is about ... in detail. She knows we have talked about ... you know ... making love. She knows that you want us both to be completely honest about ourselves ... who we are and what secrets we might hold. Eve has never revealed to me anything that you and she have talked about. I'm sure she hasn't told you anything about my secret."

"No ... but I haven't asked," she said. She was paying rapt attention to Jesse, her expression neutral.

"This isn't going to easy," Eve interjected, "for either of you. I think it would be best if Kirsten goes first. Her story is very difficult, but I think you will understand her better when you hear it."

Jesse looked at Kirsten, relieved that he didn't have to be first. "No matter what you tell me," he said quietly, "I want you to know that it won't change how I feel about you."

"I wonder if that will still be true when you hear what has happened to me?"

"Trust me, Kirsten. You have so far ... so trust me," he smiled.

She nodded, and haltingly began telling him of her rape and the aftermath. She spoke in a clear, quiet voice, sometimes looking at Jesse, other times looking away. When she finished, she turned to him and saw the tears cascading down his cheeks. She went to him and held him in her arms. There was no need for conversation. She knew immediately what the tears represented. She felt quietly relieved that Jesse understood and more importantly, that he wept for her pain and suffering.

Eve sat with a few tears on her face as well. The quiet dignity with which Kirsten had told her story was compelling. Jesse, to his credit, had never interrupted nor shown any anger or disgust as the young woman retold her tale of horror. Eve knew he was deeply affected by Kirsten's words and her simple delivery of the facts. Jesse's tears were a genuine outpouring of grief for this lovely young lady.

"I don't know what I could say that would make you feel better, Kirsten," he said as he composed himself. "I understand now your fears and doubts about me ... and other boys ... men, even. What happened to you should never have happened and yet it did. You are very brave to be willing to put it behind you and allow me into your life. I'm proud that you are my girlfriend, not because you are beautiful, but because you have courage and a strong will to survive. Thank you for sharing that with me," he concluded, wiping his eyes.

Kirsten nodded, a few tears now showing in her eyes as well. Eve had been watching her carefully and suspected that the tears were spawned by relief that Jesse had not turned away from her, but rather supported and praised her. Mentally, Eve shook her head at just how mature Jesse appeared to be. Perhaps that came from the crucible of his own trauma; one that he was now obliged to reveal.

"Would anyone like a mug of tea?" Eve asked, hoping to break the tension while Kirsten and Jesse held each other.

"Yes, please," Jesse answered, realizing Eve was giving them both a break before he would be asked to begin his story.

Jesse had moved from his usual chair to the sofa, sitting beside Kirsten as Eve served the mugs of tea. There was no conversation, but none was encouraged. Each person knew there was another drama to follow and only Kirsten was ignorant of its content. As they finished their break, Jesse took Kirsten's hand.

"Kirsten, what I have to tell you is going to be very hard to understand or believe. Only three people know the truth about me; my sister Roberta, Eve, and Eve's father. There's no easy way to begin this, so I'll just say what I have to say. My name is Jesse Peterson, and I was born on December 11, 1942."

He stopped to watch Kirsten's reaction. It was delayed by a couple of seconds before it registered on her.

"But ... that is not possible. You cannot be that old. What are you saying?" she said, looking at Eve and then back to Jesse.

"I graduated from high school in June, 1961, at age eighteen. I fell ill and was in bed for several days while our family doctor tried to figure out what was wrong with me. My parents were very worried, of course, because I wasn't getting any better. I was very weak and had a hard time staying awake. I lost consciousness and awoke in Coast Central Hospital here in Vancouver. Because I wasn't making any sense to the doctors or nurses about who I was and where I came from, they contacted Dr. Mikeska ... Eve ... who came to see me.

"I know she thought I was delusional at first, but gradually, after some tests including hypnosis, she came to believe my situation. I had fallen asleep and then woke up fifty years later. You and I both know that is impossible, but that is exactly what happened."

"Eve, is this true?" Kirsten asked, bewildered.

"As far as I can tell, yes," she replied.

"But how? How could it happen?" Kirsten continued.

"I don't know," Eve said, shaking her head. "There is no rational explanation and no record of any such an event ever taking place. In every respect, Jesse is a normal, nineteen-year-old young man, except that he suffers from a memory gap of fifty years. More frighteningly, when I researched the records, Jesse died of his illness on July 12, 1961 and is buried in the family plot in North Vancouver. Both his parents and his grandparents have also passed away. The only surviving member of his family is Roberta, his sister. That was the reason for our trip to Arizona."

"Did she recognize Jesse?"

"Instantly. She was frightened at first, but gradually came to realize it was Jesse. When she showed him her photo albums that had many pictures of Jesse, he was able to identify people and places and times that the pictures were taken. That was the proof that he was who he said he was, despite the impossible circumstances."

Kirsten sat quietly, her hand in Jesse's, not knowing what to say.

"I don't want you to be frightened, Kirsten," Jesse said soothingly. "I'm not any different today than I was fifty years ago. But I knew I couldn't keep this secret from you if we were to have any kind of relationship beyond just being friends. I don't have any memory loss except that I have no memories from the time I fell ill until I awoke in hospital. Do you understand?"

Kirsten was shaking her head. "I do not think I do. I cannot believe that you could move fifty years into the future. That is something from a science fiction movie."

"Kirsten," Eve interrupted, "there's something important that you must be made aware of. You can't share this secret with anyone. If word were to get out about Jesse's situation, there would be hordes of people descending on him, trying to take advantage of him. He would become a kind of freak that people would try to make money from. He doesn't deserve that. He trusts you and if he's honest with himself, he's probably fallen in love with you. He knew he couldn't keep something this important from you. That's why we're here today."

Kirsten squeezed Jesse's hand and laid her head on his shoulder. "I know. I can tell. I did not want him to at first, but ... well ... I guess the feeling is like the way I feel about him. He is not like any of the other boys that I have met. But I guess that is obvious, now that you have told me about him. You said that there was a grave that Jesse was supposed to be in. Have you seen it, Jesse?"

"No. Eve didn't think it was a good idea at the time. My sister, Roberta, has seen it, and of course we're all wondering who is buried in the casket. I'm afraid to find out. I don't want to find out that it is the real me ... and I'm just a copy. I don't think I could cope with that."

"This is too difficult for me to understand," Kirsten said, turning to Eve. "I do not know what to think. It is like I am having a nightmare ... or something. Perhaps you and I should talk about this, Eve. I am sorry, Jesse. I need some time to understand. I am sorry."

Jesse nodded, not really surprised at her indecision, but disappointed that their relationship was now in doubt.

"Okay, Kirsten. I understand. I'll give you all the time you need," he said, hoping he could keep his word.

Kirsten rose and walked slowly to the door, turning to look at a crestfallen Jesse sitting forlornly on the sofa. She wanted to say something encouraging to him, but it wouldn't come. She gave him a sad smile and left, closing the door quietly behind her.

"Give her some time, Jesse," Eve said solemnly. "Let her digest what you've told her. Remember just how shocked you were when you discovered your situation. She must be feeling that same kind of shock as well. I'll talk to her when we have our usual monthly session. That will give her an opportunity to think about what we've told her today. We're asking a lot of her, but time will tell if she can handle it."

Jesse resigned himself to losing Kirsten. It wasn't anything he could put his finger on, but he was fairly certain that she wouldn't be able to get past the bizarre story she had heard that day. As much as he wanted to see her and plead his case more passionately, he didn't. Not normally a pessimist, he couldn't see how she could get around the unbelievable circumstances of his tale. He could hardly blame her. There were more than a few times he couldn't believe it himself, and he was living it.

Monday, May 21, 2012 12:45pm

Grant Norwood couldn't help but notice the change in Jesse's demeanour over the past month. He was unusually quiet, often self-absorbed, although never impolite or inattentive to the customers or him. More than once he wanted to ask the young guy if anything was wrong ... if there was anything he could help him with. Finally, when he saw the long face and dark circles under his eyes on an otherwise beautiful sunny Monday, he felt compelled to say something.

"Jesse, are you feeling alright? You look tired and unhappy. What's the problem?" Grant asked in a kind and caring manner.

Jesse shrugged. "Not getting enough sleep, I guess. I'm okay. It's not contagious or anything," he added with a faint smile.

"I don't know, but you seem to be a very different guy in the past month," Grant said, again keeping his voice low key. "Something must be eating at you. You know I'll try to help if I can ... and I can keep a confidence."

There was no one else in the store that noon hour. Jesse thought about how he felt and then about whether he wanted to share his misery with anyone else.

"I've got some personal problems that I can't solve. You know that my friend Eve is a psychiatrist, don't you?"

coaster2
coaster2
2,593 Followers