Life's Twists and Turns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,793 Followers

"Um, a recently-graduated college student can't exactly be rolling in money," she said. "Please let me pay you back."

"Not to be too corny, but just seeing you again—and making you smile—is payment enough," he told her. "But I will hold you to dinner."

"Okay. I'll discuss it with Levi then invite you over one evening. Oh, your mom, too."

"She's not doing so well," he said again. "She can get up and walk around, but she's in quite a bit of pain so I doubt she'll be up to that. I'll ask her, but I wouldn't count on it."

"Do you mind me asking what's wrong?"

Wade had just graduated with a degree in nursing and was now a registered nurse, something she'd never imagined from a former football player, wrestler, and kid who'd worked construction for his dad until he'd gotten too sick to work.

"I can't be sure until we get the results back from her blood tests and the MRI, but my best guess is multiple sclerosis," he told her.

"MS? Oh, my heavens. Wade, I'm so sorry," she said. "Is this new?"

"My mom doesn't like to complain, but she's been having problems since around the time my dad passed away. Things have gotten a lot worse, and she finally admitted it the last time we talked. I had a job lined up at the hospital I interned at, but I came straight home once I knew how bad it was."

"You're such a good guy," she told him admiringly.

"Just doing what any son would do for his mother," he said before turning the water back on and making sure there were no new leaks.

Finlay knew her husband wouldn't do anything like that for his mother. Finlay adored her mother-in-law while her own son treated her with contempt. It had always been a sore spot with her, but until recently, she'd let it go like so many other things on a growing list that bothered her about her husband.

"Okay, you are all set!" Wade announced interrupting her thoughts.

"And you are a lifesaver!" she told him as she walked up behind him to watch the water go swirling down the drain.

Once again, he had no idea she was there and when he turned around they were again face to face.

"If you weren't so pretty, I'd scold you about sneaking up on people," he said with a smile as he stepped to the side.

"There you go again," she told him smiling back and wishing her husband would make her feel that way every once in a while.

He turned off the water then went to clean up the mess on the table.

"What do you think you're doing?" Finlay asked.

"Cleaning up. I mean, I'm the one who bought the junk food so I should clean up the mess, right?"

"What I wouldn't do to have that kind of help around here a day or two each week," she said wistfully. She wanted to tell him to stop and that she'd get it, but he was nearly done, and she had to admit it had been very nice to get some help. Any help.

"If you ever need a morning—or a day to yourself, just let me know. I can come over and watch the kids for you," he said with his ever-present smile.

"Don't tempt me," she said with a tilt of the head and a raised eyebrow.

"I'm serious, Mrs. Adkins. Anytime."

"Well, we'll see about that, Wade, but would you please call me Finlay?"

He laughed then said, "Old habits, you know."

"Well, you're all grown up now, and every time you say 'Mrs. Adkins' I start looking around for Levi's mom."

"How is Mr. Adkins, by the way? I obviously haven't seen him since my last visit, either," Wade asked as he through the brown paper bags and cups outside, too.

"Oh. He's...fine," she said.

"Sounds like he's doing great at the dealership."

"Yes. He really is," she agreed not wanting to mention everything else besides work.

"Well, please tell him I said 'hello' and I guess I'll get back home and check up on Mom," Wade said.

"Please tell her 'hey' and give her my best. Oh, and let her know I'll be stopping by real soon to see what I can do to help out. I feel terrible not even knowing she was having so much trouble."

"Hopefully, we'll be able to get this under control. Honestly? I'm looking at taking a job locally now, because if this is MS, she's gonna need someone to look in on her regularly and she can't possibly afford to pay for that kind of care."

Finlay walked him to the door and thanked him yet again.

"My pleasure. And I'm serious about giving you a break," he told her again.

"You are the sweetest boy... Sorry. Young man, ever," she told him.

Finlay held out her arms for a hug and Wade smiled and accepted.

"It's so good to see you again, Wade," she said as they hugged each other.

As she let go, she was aware that just that brief amount of physical contact had stirred something deep inside her; something she forced back down where it belonged. No matter how bad things were with her husband, he was her husband and the father of her children.

"And," she reminded herself, "He's that teenage kid you used to watch after school," even though he looked nothing like a teenage kid anymore.

As she realized he was standing there staring at her, Finlay suddenly realized she'd been daydreaming.

"What?" she said thinking he'd said something she'd missed.

"Nothing," he said quietly. "I guess I wasn't expecting to feel so..."

He didn't finish his sentence, but he did suddenly smile before saying, "Okay. Well, you take care—Finlay."

"Bye, Wade. Thank you again—for everything!"

As she watched him walk back to his mother's house, she found herself daydreaming again and trying to understand what she was feeling or why she was feeling anything at all.

"Mommy! Kenny took my Transformer!" she heard Gabriel cry out snapping her back to reality.

"I'l be right there," she called back quickly forgetting anything and everything but the reality of life with three small children.

******

"Fiona? Are those invoices done yet?"

"Uh-oh. Someone's in trouble," the only other female who worked in the service department said quietly to her much-younger counterpart.

"No, sir. Not yet!" she called back as she nervously looked at her older co-worker and mentor.

There was a pause during which they both heard a chair slide and knew he was coming out of the office.

"Ms. Emory? May I see you in my office please?" they both heard Mr. Adkins say to Fiona in that tone of voice that indicated trouble.

Fiona looked at her older friend whose name was June and whispered, "Can you cover for me?"

"As long as it's you and not me going to the woodshed," the other woman whispered back.

"Yes, sir," Fiona said as she stood up.

The older woman tried not look, but it was hard not to notice two D-cup boobs in a very tight-fitting sweater along with a skirt that was probably too short for work. Then again, Fiona was just 20 years old and she was 57, so perhaps it was just too short—for her.

The last thing June heard was, "This is the second time since I hired you you've been late with invoices," as the door closed.

June's invoices were all finished and in order by date. The last thing she wanted was to be called into the new boss's office and be give a tongue lashing for not doing her job.

Just seconds later, Fiona's tongue was lashed tightly with her boss's.

"We gotta make this quick," he told her as the kiss ended.

"I'm the Queen of Quick," she said quietly with a smile as she pushed him into his swivel chair and knelt between his legs.

As she unbuckled his pants then unzipped them, she said, "Thank you for my new boobs, sweetheart. Do you like them?"

Fiona pushed up on them from the bottom and they nearly flopped out of the very low-cut sweater.

"Hell, yeah," he groaned as he reached for them. "How about letting me see them while you suck my cock?"

"Mmmm. My pleasure!" she said letting them slip out of the black bra that was barely holding them in.

"Jesus Christ!" he groaned quietly as she took him in her mouth.

Fiona's new rack was worth every dollar to Levi who'd been a 'boob guy' as long as he could remember. He'd met her six months ago when she was waiting tables, and after leaving several very generous tips and doing a little flirting, it hadn't taken them long to start having an affair.

Three months ago Fiona mentioned she needed a better a job, and Levi had promised her if he got his promotion, he'd hire her even though she'd never done any bookkeeping in her life. The one caveat was she'd need to agree to let him 'enhance' her and having been a small B all her life, she was more than happy to nearly triple the size of her breasts—job or no job.

She was now enjoying one of the perks of her new job, as was her boss and lover.

"I want to cum all over that fucking sweater," he groaned.

"Uh-uh. You have to be a good boy and cum in my mouth," she said quietly after letting his dick pop out of her ruby-red lips. "We'll do that later—at home. I can't walk back out there with your jizz all over me now, can I?"

She lowered herself back down and took him completely as she cupped and massaged his balls. Just seconds later, he exploded sending several hot, sticky streams of goo down her throat.

She showed the 'snowball' to him briefly before happily swallowing it in one big gulp.

"Mmmm. A girl needs her protein," she said as she stuffed her huge melons back into the half bra and then underneath the clingy, knit material.

"Will that be all, sir?" she teased as he zipped himself up.

"For now," he told her with a smile of his own.

She sat on his lap, put her arms around him, then said in a pouty voice, "How much longer?"

"Not too much longer," he assured her.

"That makes me very happy, honey," she said as she pushed her huge breasts into his face.

"And those make me very happy," he told her as he buried his face between them. "Now go on back out and try to finish those invoices. If you can't, just ask June to take care of them for you, okay?"

"Whatever you say—boss man," Fiona said as she kissed him deeply one last time. "I trust that'll hold you until you can cum inside my pussy—or all over my sweater—later on tonight."

"I think it'll do," Levi told her. "But hold that thought."

"That's not all I want to hold," she said wickedly. "I can't wait until you and I and our kids can be finally alone together. I'm really getting tired of just dreaming about being Mrs. Levi Adkins."

Just the thought of being with this hot young woman, with his wife permanently out of the picture, was enough to make him hard again. But were he to keep her in the office any longer, it would arouse suspicion and that was something he couldn't afford.

He walked her to the door, kissed her again then said, "You ready?"

"Yes," she said sweetly.

Levi opened it then said, "If you can't get something as simple as invoices right, I may have to reconsider my decision to hire you."

"I'm very sorry, Mr. Adkins. I know being new isn't an excuse. Please just give me another chance, and I'll have these done right away," Fiona said as though she'd just taken to the wood shed. Well, in a way, she had.

"If you need some help, I'm sure June can show you—again," he said roughly.

"No worries, Mr. Adkins. I don't think I was very clear last time. I'll make sure Fiona understands," June said in her typical can-do voice.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Miss June," he told her knowing how far a simple compliment went with her. She'd been there longer than him and knew service better than anyone to include him, but June was content to work an administrative job that let her arrive at 9am and leave promptly at 5pm.

Levi had been thinking about, and later planning, how to get free from the marriage that was holding him back from being happy. He didn't hate his wife, he was just bored to death being with the same woman day after day, year in and year out. Sure, Finlay worked very hard to keep herself fit and attractive, but no matter what she did, she was still Finlay, and after all these years, Levi wanted something else. And when Fiona came along, he knew he wanted someone else.

Divorce was something he'd considered many times, but with three children he'd have to pay child support on for another 13-17 years, and he wanted no part of that. That kind of money would eat up his promotion and a large chunk of what was left making it impossible to start a new life with this gorgeous, much-younger woman who was new and exciting.

It wasn't so much that he wanted three kids around as it was a necessity. Getting rid of them was where even he drew the line. Besides, Fiona was thrilled at the prospect of being their mother, and Levi knew they were all young enough they'd soon think of her as just that.

Finding someone to 'take care of things' was the proverbial 'long pole in the tent.' He'd watched to many cop shows to know how often police officers ended up being the guy someone thought was a paroled felon hired to do the hit. And even more than staying stuck in this marriage, the one thing Levi Adkins dreaded even more was the thought of spending 30 years in a federal penitentiary.

He'd spent several evenings cruising the shadier parts of the nearest big city looking for someone to approach; someone in need of money and with the skills to do the job. After dismissing several potential candidates, Levi felt like he'd struck pay dirt when he met a man who'd done time for armed robbery. The man also had a serious drug habit and needed cash in the worst kind of way.

All that remained was to find the perfect time and opportunity for him to take action and permanently solve Levi's problem.

****

"Hi, honey! How was your day?" Finlay asked as soon as her husband came in that evening.

"Don't ask. We're so far behind I'm gonna have to back in after dinner," he told her without looking at her.

"Oh. Wow. Again, huh? I had no idea things were that bad. I guess it's a good thing they got rid of David when they did," she said referring to the service manager who'd been fired making it possible for Levi to move up.

"Daddy!" Kenny said interrupting their conversation.

"Hey, big man! What did you do today?" Levi asked as he picked his oldest child up.

"I went to McDonalds!" he said excitedly.

"You went...where?" he asked cutting his eyes toward his wife.

"With Wade!"

"Wade? The kid from next door?"

"And he fixed our door and our sink!" Kenny said before his mother could respond.

"He came home for a while because his mom is really sick. He thinks it might be MS. They ran some tests and they're waiting for the results," Finlay explained.

"Oh, that's too bad," he said without emotion. "So what he was doing over here all day?"

"He wasn't here all day, honey. He just took care of the leak under the sink, and on his way to the hardware store stopped by Mickey D's.

"With our son?" he said coldly in an accusatory tone.

"He's very responsible, Levi," she said, afraid he was going to get angry.

"I never liked that kid," he said, surprising her greatly.

"Oh. I had no idea," she replied truly stunned at his comment.

"So what's for dinner?" he said setting Kenny down and letting the issue with Wade go.

Other than Kenny, who jabbered away, very little was said as they ate.

When he was finished eating, Levi announced he needed to get back to the office.

"When do you think you'll be home, honey?" Finlay asked sweetly.

"Just depends. Could be late," he told her still not looking at her.

"Okay. The joys of being management, right?" she said as got ready to leave without even brushing his teeth.

"You got that right," he told her before giving her a perfunctory peck on the cheek.

She walked him to the door and he said, "Don't wait up for me, okay?"

"Oh. Um...no. I won't," she said trying to mask her sadness as he walked out and drove away.

Levi had to work late two more days that week, and due to some kind of inventory-recall thing, he would need to be gone nearly all day Sunday, as well. The only thing he planned on inventorying were the two very large breasts he'd paid for with a credit card Finlay didn't know existed and that he paid off in full each month online.

The boob job had cost nearly $5,000, and he had to come up with at least that much money to eliminate his 'problem'. He'd been putting as much money away on the side as he could each payday and now more than half which is what his 'contact' was demanding upfront to do the job. He had just enough left over so that if he drained the savings account he shared with Finlay, he could cover the other half once the job was done.

That was fine, because once they collected the insurance money, a half-million dollar term policy that paid double in the case of accidental death, the happy couple would be set for life and Fiona, who dreamed of staying at home raising children, would be able to live her dream with her still-handsome, older husband whose comfortable salary could be used as 'mad money' as they saw fit.

As Levi was headed to work late Sunday morning, he finally bumped into Wade who was coming back from the drug store with prescriptions for him mother.

"Mr. Adkins! Long time no see," Wade said with a smile and a friendly wave.

"Oh, hey there, Wade. Yeah, good to see you again. And uh, thanks for fixing the leak under the sink. I was just gettin' ready to call a plumber," he said having had no such intention.

"You're not headed to work on Sunday, are you?" Wade said.

"Yeah, this damn management job is great, but now that I'm on salary, the dealership owns me, you know?"

"Right. Yeah, you're a company man now. Congratulations, by the way. That's a pretty big promotion."

"Thanks, kid. So...what are you doing these days?"

Wade briefly explained finishing college/nursing school, the internship, and why he was home.

"Damn. Nursing school? I remember you working for your old man doing construction. How does a kid who works for a living end up wearing scrubs and changing bed pans?"

Wade knew most people didn't understand the difference between a nurse's aide who did change bedpans and an RN who didn't, but who could do many of the things doctors did and who got paid a helluva lot more.

"I guess that's just one of life's twists and turns, Mr. Adkins. Then again, watching my dad slowly slip away and die from ALS was a pretty powerful motivator to push me in that direction."

"Yeah. I guess so," Levi said. "Hey. Do me a favor and check in on my wife every now and then, okay? She gets kinda lonely hangin' out by herself all day, you know."

"Yeah, sure. I'll do that," Wade said. "Knowing how busy you are, I could take care of any maintenance issues you need fixed, too."

Suddenly, Levi saw the perfect opportunity to get Finlay out of the house—and alone.

"Hey, I can do you one better—if you need a job. You know, while you're home with your mom."

"Well, I could use the money, but I can't really make any kind of commitment until I know she'll be okay on her own."

"Right. That makes sense. But Fin could use some help around the house, and I'd be happy to pay you if you could give her a day off here and there. What do you think?"

Wade only needed a moment to say, "I think that sounds perfect. I know she'd appreciate some alone time, and I do love being around kids. Oh, and I do need the money, that's for sure, so...yeah. I'd be glad to."

"How's fifty bucks a day, two days a week sound?" Levi asked.

"Sounds...like a deal," Wade said coming over to shake the older man's hand.

"Great. Hey, uh. If you've got a minute, can you go inside and let her know? I really gotta run. Got a ton of work piled up, you know?"

"Oh, sure. I'll just take these inside then I'll head over. And thanks, Mr. Adkins," Wade said cheerfully.

"Don't mention it, kid," he said with a sense of smug satisfaction.

Under his breath he said, "I love it when a plan comes together."

Once his mother had had something to eat and had taken her medication he told her he was going next door for a while.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,793 Followers