Lost Empire Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"To the crew of the strange ship, surely we can talk a deal. I have a vast amount of treasure I would be willing to split with you no muss no fuss." The clan leader said.

Shelby again distorted his voice as Derrick answered, "As I told the last clan leader you really ought to wise up. Going against a ship far superior to all of your own, definitely shows a lack of practical experience. You guys are pirates? Please you guys are a joke, tell the other clan leader when you see him. I warned him when I took the first twenty ships. As I did you and the rest of the pirates." Derrick switched off as the clan leader started to scream and threaten.

Finally they were all together, hell Derrick had to laugh only one ship had opened fire and really that was pathetic. "Shelby call the Rangers to inform them that an entire clan is here well over a hundred ships. Tell them they're going to need a bigger prison." Derrick laughed at the joke, then withdrew all the ships well over 5000 miles away behind a nearby moon. They had been there maybe an hour and a half when the space in front of the pirate fleet began to waver. Suddenly the area began to fill with first, second, and third class Ranger craft. Then a huge almost like an ark appeared.

"Derrick why are we still here? Shelby asked. "Aren't you afraid that we might be detected again?"

"Yes I am even with the distance but I am also relying on the gravity well of the moon to disrupt any scans that they might direct towards us." Derrick explained.

"Yes, your idea does have merit but I am still afraid that with as many ships as they have here we might have trouble." Shelby stated.

On board the Flagship Capt. Joseph Hartwell could only shake his head he could see the way the entire fleet had been taken. This was a classic military move, though the pirates had obviously been far too stupid, that they were caught as soon as they entered the system. God he hated idiots when it came to battle, now Derrick O'Toma that had been a military mind, brilliant. The science officer a friend of Mack Baron noticed something odd, near a moon a little over 5000 miles away. Walking up to the Capt., he gained his attention.

"Sir, I am picking up an anomaly near the closest moon, shall we investigate?" The young man backed up as the Capt. looked at the readings.

"No, we have been ordered to leave it alone, at least for now." The Capt. added.

Derrick was about to have them all leave the system when Shelby spoke up.

"Derrick," she called, "I am picking up a transmission I believe is intended for us."

"Let's hear it." Derrick said.

"To the ships that laid waste to this clan we wish a parley." Derrick heard Joseph's voice.

In a distorted voice Derrick answered, "I am afraid that isn't possible, neither is coming to the capital. That place we will never go near. This was a gift as were the others, leave us alone for now, and we will leave you alone. The pirates thought to attack and take us, their mistake. Please don't make your organization an enemy I do not want to destroy the Rangers, but it will happen if they attack us again." With that they all flashed out.

Capt. Joseph Hartwell was sweating bullets damn they were serious, with the power they wielded he had no doubt they could destroy the entire Ranger force with ease.

12