Lost Empire Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have been a bastard president for this supposed Republic far too long." Removing his mask the ex-President's mouth dropped open in shock as he stared at Derrick, a man he'd been told was dead many years ago.

"No you son of a bitch! You're dead; I was told they beat you to death! NO you're a ghost! Get away from me!" Smiling Derrick reattached the mask and activated the security around the post. Moving to a window Derrick nodded to Mary who started the broadcast.

"Citizens of the now defunct Republic we are here to witness the execution of the criminal known as President Maury. His list of crimes is indeed long, but in a shortened form there is evidence of genocide, starving whole planets, untold war crimes but the worst is the attempted murder of the emperor, the attempted destruction of the Imperial planet, the last is the near death of over half of the galaxy. This last was more than enough to order his death. The imperial sentence? Death by the Imperial sand bore worms. Execution to begin immediately!" Derrick moved back as all the containers next to Maury opened. Six, foot long, and an inch around, furry looking red worms slowly crept from their containers.

Maury started to laugh at the fuzzy worms 'til all twenty turned and quickly advanced boring into his arms, legs, neck, and back. Though he was grimacing, once Maury started to scream and beg, Derrick stood stead fast. Derrick knew that first the worms would sever the man's spinal cord rendering him unable to walk or crawl away. Then they would take their time consuming each organ of the body saving the heart, lungs, and brain for last.

As he watched Derrick could see the worms starting to bore toward the organ that they wanted to start feasting on first. Though the man had passed out a few times he always seemed to pop back up a few minutes later as the boring increased the pain in a new area.

If he remembered right the brain would literally explode from the pressure the worms caused in the man's cranium. Though not that humane of a death it was quite effective, as the saying went about the worms, once they're in it's the end. It took another hour before the man began to scream even louder, and then his whole head exploded.

"I apologize to those citizens that found this to be vile but it was necessary to give some justice to all the families of the millions that this... thing has caused such great pain." Derrick told everyone still watching. "I did not want to be crowned after such a horrific execution but I find that I must in order to start bringing order and rule back to the Galaxy. Please know that as Emperor I was not happy doing this."

Walking back to the throne room Derrick sighed this was the last moment he would have as plain Derrick O'Toma. Advancing upon the throne he stood beside it waiting for Mary to appear.

"To the citizens of the old Republic, I am Mary the law holder and palace security AI. I was empowered by the very first Emperor Angelius (Gregor) with the power to crown he who bears all the genetic markers. He who has the codes and commands the imperial fleet such as it is at the moment. The man before me is a man of the people an emperor not that far removed from the first emperor. He is the first in over two hundred years to display all the qualities. Sire? Are you ready to assume the duties as ruler and protector of Empire, and do you at this time reveal who the emperor is with full knowledge that you rule for the people?" Mary stated in an official voice.

"I do Mary," a very nervous Derrick replied.

"Please Sire remove the mask and show the Empire the face of its new ruler." Mary said as she had to suppress a smile.

Almost all of the Rangers present gasped when Derrick removed his mask revealing his identity. Derrick smirked as he could hear several of them whisper that they knew him or knew of him.

Mary waved her hand as a sword and a crown appeared, "By the power invested in me by the mandates written by the first emperor," here she touched each shoulder with the sword. "I dub you Emperor O'Toma the first, ruler of the galactic empire. Please arise Emperor O'Toma and receive the crown of the empire." With a slight smile Mary lowered the crown via mechanical arms upon Derrick's head. "Please be seated Sire," Mary advised him as she turned toward the all that were watching. "It is done! Long live the Emperor, long live the Empire!"

All the Rangers in the room, Hartwell included, bowed, and repeated what Mary had just said. Hartwell advanced and bowed to a now sighing Derrick, "Sire Ranger command has advised me to swear allegiance to you as do I and my men, also to tell you that all of the Ranger force is now at your disposal."

"Thank you Rear Admiral Hartwell, I accept yours and your command's gracious offer of allegiance. I will do all in my power to ensure that the Empire will be a shining beacon of freedom from such beasts as the one we executed today." Derrick told Hartwell, a little smirk on Derrick's lips.

12