Lost Empire Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I believe it is ready even without the extra software that Kimison wants to write but I do agree it could still over stimulate the neurons in our brains and possibly burn our cerebral cortexes out." Rayburn stated with as serious of a look on his face as Kimison had ever seen.

Mary sighed they really needed to commence working on the mission. She felt that if they didn't get it done very soon then it might be too late, not only for the emperor but for the empire as well. Shaking her head she had to trust that the two men could accomplish in a few weeks what she and Tempro couldn't all those centuries ago.

Deep within the depths of their new staging world, the new second in command was called to the communications room. "What have you got?" He asked of the young tech that was only in the second year of his training.

"Leader," the young man said as he tensed up at the approach of the second in command. "It is a distress call from an escape pod of the Deception."

The second in command eyed the young man and snapped off a quick chop to the man's throat that the man barely deflected. "Very average; send out the Betrayal to retrieve. I believe she is the only one that is equipped with a still working light cloak."

The young man quickly scanned a list and responded, "Yes leader it is." Then side stepped a sweeping kick, and almost the down ward chop. "Thank you leader," he said as he hit the floor then was unconscious. The second in command had been impressed he'd almost avoided a fourth year attack. Smiling he thought the true leader would be very happy when he returned.

Stepping over the unconscious man's body he thumbed the radio, "Betrayal retrieval of the pod is imperative at all costs you must remain unseen. Failure in this mission will be punishable by death. Good hunting and good death!" Thumbing the radio off he watched the ship then it wasn't visible any more. At least that was still working they had lost far too much knowledge over the last few centuries.

Onboard the Betrayal, the crew started the jump that would take them to the pod. Already they had taken readings showing there were no life signs. The ship leader smiled it was standard procedure to hide their selves in near death states. He was sure they would find someone there otherwise the pod wouldn't be here. An hour later they were half way around the galactic rim.

"Commence recovery operations," carefully they docked with the pod extending a metal arm to retrieve whomever was inside. When the arm came back inside they were all agape but weren't shocked when they saw the leader in his near-death state. It was then that many noticed that almost every bone in the man's body was broken, thus showing his superior skill and pain blocking.

"Get him into a healing machine! His injuries need to heal as soon as possible!" The ship leader yelled. There was a brief moment of confusion then the crew sprang into action. "I want us gone NOW! I am sure the emperor is still monitoring, go NOW!" A moment later the ship broke contact and jumped into trans-warp.

Ten minutes later the leader awoke, the machine already speeding his healing many times faster than his body could. Motioning the ship leader closer the leader whispered to him then lapsed into unconsciousness. The ship leader smiled it was going to be a war that was for sure, and he and the leader were going to be in the fore front. Well he hoped he was; he has a few debts to repay those imperial bastards after what had happened at their old planet hideout.

12