Lost Empire Ch. 37

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I could just destroy the rest of your fleet in a meaningless battle we..." Derrick started.

"No battle is meaningless! We have learned each time we have fought. Know the next time we meet there will be nothing left of your pitiful ships. 'Til next battle live so we may battle you again, to a glorious death!" The strange voice said. Then suddenly the remaining ships turned and left.

Derrick shook his head, just what in the hell were they up to? "Thomas, Zimmel! Return! We need to patch up what's left" Shaking his head he thought they had been extremely lucky. Looking at the readings and reports he could see that Lars, Jan, Marco, Ellen, and Tara were out of action for a while. Johnathon, Conner, Celeste Roderick, and Ace were pretty shot up. It appeared the Zan and Sherry was in the best shape though they also had sustained damage.

Derrick was about to order them all to return to the Imperial planet when he heard Tara. [I tried to send her back to you Sire. She wouldn't let me. I tried several times but she refused. Is she going to live Sire? She reminds me of Commander Tara in almost every respect.]

[She is in med-bay now, her only concern was for you Tara. I would say that you both saved each other. Rest now Shelby has you hooked up and your re-gen has started.] Derrick thought to the ship.

[Thank you Sire, please Sire save her, I will be so lost without her.] Tara thought then was gone.

Derrick sighed this was his fault. Looking over the readings during their re-gens, Derrick was afraid that the faster awakening had weakened them. "All ships that have trans-warp I want you to tow those that don't. Report who is without their trans-warp."

Moments later Derrick shook his head they had been a hell of a lot more than lucky. Eight of the twelve ships had no trans-warp; two of those were almost totally helpless. Yeah they had been lucky; they needed to correct the flaws that had shown while they were in battle.

Several hours later they were all ringed around the Imperial planet. Mary appeared a moment later.

"Sire I have a report from Duke Risen's planet. The remaining fifteen sentinels have reached Duke Risen's residence. Five were taken out with heavy fire power. The remaining ten took out most of that but another five were damaged in the process. At present they have fought to a standstill. Should I dispatch another squad?" Mary asked.

"No. Have them stand by. As a matter of fact have them withdraw and start repairs on those that are possible to reactivate." Derrick told her.

Mary breathed a sigh of relief. It had been bad when the first two had been destroyed. Having so many helpless there without help was a bit much for her. Thankfully Derrick wasn't going to abandon them.

Inside his sanctuary the Duke was sweating bullets. These sentries that were attacking had already taken out the heavy batteries. It was only a matter of time before they breached the walls. He knew they could be put down though that had taken a hell of a lot of men. Men that he had no replacements for, and then just as suddenly they stopped. Cautious the Duke scanned the area seeing little or no sign of them.

An evil smile crossed his face, so the pretender valued his machines huh? A good thing to remember in the future.

12