Lost Empire Ch. 41

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Walking around surveying everything Derrick could see that many were injured. Of the thirty that they had started with five had been killed. Another ten had severe injuries, another ten had broken bones. The last five were scratched scraped though no where as bad as the others. Dempsy and Greeson were walking around pressing pressure points to help aleviate as much pain as they could. Most were already being transported to the ships for medical treatment.

A few moment later the Earl and a small contingent of soldiers approached. "I am sorry Sire." The young Earl said tears falling from his eyes at the dead that were there. "I am sorry I wasn't able to offer help. I am ashamed to say my first thought was for my people, not you. I accept whatever punishment you wish to put upon this worthless one."

Derrick was nodding as the 'Derrick the Earl was bowing to shimmered as Mary two was standing there. A young Ranger walked up to the astounded Earl. "You did as I would expect a true leader would do." Pressing a button on his badge the young Ranger shimmered leaving Derrick standing before him.

His mouth hanging open the Earl nodded as Derrick smiled and lifted the man off the ground. "You honor me with your words Sire. I only do what I think is right, really Sire nothing special at all."

"You do far more than that my dear friend Earl far more. The people here have hope, a powerful thing. You may not have the riches that the others do but this is a rich territory indeed!" Derrick told the now blushing man.

"Again thank you sire. Will you stay or do you have a lot of work to complete after this terrible attack?" The Earl asked.

Turning to look at Shelby who only nodded, Derrick turned back, "I think that the Empress and I have a little time. Though I am afraid it will have to be a little later. We have to take care of the injured and dead."

The Earl's eyes went wide then he nodded his agreement, "When you are ready Sire, as I said we will be also."

Derrick shook his head as he watched the last of the injured as they flashed out. Walking to Dempsy and Greeson he grimaced seeing the odd angles that the both of them were holding their arms. "Why aren't you both in the med bay!?"

Greeson stepped forward, "We had to make sure that all of our men were taken care of first." Shaking his head Greeson whispered, "I should have moved them back sooner, they would still be alive damn it!"

"I know your pain Greeson, think of this though. Had you not moved them back when you did, just how many would be dead now? I think it's safe to say all of them. That bastard knows nothing of mercy. Besides I know for a fact that everyone of them was proud to serve under you. Now, get both of your asses to med bay!"

Both men tried to salute then thought better, and then they too were flashed out. "Are the injured going to make it?" Shelby asked.

"I hope so, I need all of them still. We still have that traitor who ordered my death that started all of this. I want that asshole so bad I can taste it." Derrick growled out.

Shelby could only agree as she had lost no love for the traitor either.

12