Lost Empire Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good though in order to do this I am going to need to do a little work on Shelby. With her re-gen matrix working though, I can't go aboard let alone near her. I just hope that the one day we have left will be enough. In the mean time I need to look at your systems. Your combat capabilities aren't the best. Therefore I need to make sure that no one but Shelby and I are the ones that can find you." Derrick stated to Tempro.

"Yes Sire I had almost the same concerns. Now opening section LS one through ten." Tempro replied. "Also moving to a more secure location 'til such time as all is ready."

Derrick nodded as he looked over all of Tempo's light shield generators. It was true he had the power redoubler though with the extra energy producers Derrick thought Tempro really needed two. Sighing Derrick decided he'd have to address that when he got back. At least they were a hell of a lot closer to home than they had been.

For almost two days Derrick worked on Tempro, finally Derrick felt he was ready. "Sire?" Tempro interrupted his thoughts.

"Is she ready Tempro?" Derrick asked hope sounding strongly in his voice.

"Yes Derrick, I have missed you greatly." Came Shelby's voice.

"Now evacuating to space, all systems appear normal. Light shields at one hundred percent." reported Tempro.

"Alright Tempro stay close 'til tomorrow when the battle starts." Derrick ordered.

"Yes Sire." Tempro replied.

"I need to make sure you are prepared for tomorrow. I take it you have been listening?" Derrick asked.

"Yes Derrick, I have checked and rechecked all my systems. Everything is finally operating as it should." Shelby told Derrick.

"Good, I'm going to take this day to make sure you are at optimum operating capacity." Derrick told Shelby as he started to go through all her systems. Hours later Derrick was on his third pass when he suddenly got an idea, if it worked it would add a touch of mystery to this battle.

Talking to Shelby she was excited though she wasn't sure there was enough time, though for him she'd try.

Finally almost time for the battle to happen Derrick was satisfied as he instructed Tempro what to do. Then he and Shelby moved to where they could do the most good.

Listening to the combat chatter Derrick got a reading that the invading fleet was almost here. Then to Derrick's amazement the invaders broke in half then four then eight! Son of a bitch Derrick thought he hadn't expected another race to use a tactic like this!

Hanging as close to Tara as he could Derrick waited for what Tempro said would happen. Suddenly a huge group of the invaders broke off heading straight for Tara! Smiling, all he had to do now was wait. Soon enough several ships tried to ambush Tara from behind, tried as they were gone in seconds. This of course caused confusion as the ten ships came together. With almost unending fire they started to make short work of the invading fleet.

Derrick saw it long before the others did, Tara was taking out far more enemies than the others. Suddenly the other ships were screaming at Tara to evacuate.

"I can't," came a commanding female voice. "Generators down, sub-light almost non-existent. It's been a hell of a ride boys!" The voice shouted as she continued to fire at everything that got near her.

Shelby was screaming at Derrick to help, Derrick could only shake his head as they both watched ten enemy ships collide with then explode taking Tara with them. Both Shelby and Derrick were both in tears as they started to slowly retreat back to Tempro.

"Moving," Derrick sighed hardly able to talk after what he'd had to let happen. "Moving to dock Tempro. Let's go home."

12