Lost Empire Ch. 73

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With that, Brown's hologram vanished. All of them could only watch as Marco hit the sphere with great speed. The resulting explosion ripped across the other crippled ship, blowing half of it away.

All the ships turned to what was left of the second sphere as they converged, firing on it till there was little left.

Anger greater than anything he'd ever felt before was tearing at Thomas's heart. "I need a status report, all ships."

Moments later, an enraged Thomas reported to Derrick. "Most of the ships have sustained minor damage. Both pieces of shit have been completely destroyed. I am not sure if I can do this much longer, sir. I don't...

Just then, a weak, staticky sound broke through. "Sssso, once again, the Humanoid empire defeated ussss. It ssseemsss that you are not asss weak asss we first thought. Good. Next battle, we will meet, then my sssuperior ssskills will..."

With his teeth clenched tight, Derrick almost hissed. "The next time? There won't be a next time. That is four queens that your race has lost, a serious loss. If we do meet again, we will annihilate you and your race. That isn't a threat but a promise."

Again, a hissing, grating sound that Derrick could only assume was a laugh came from the com.

"Sssso, a challenge. As for them, they were weak. I will produce better, ssstronger onesss that will not lossse to you," the voice returned.

"If you get a chance," Derrick hissed as he cut the transmission. "Did you get a location?" Derrick asked.

A moment later, Mary appeared. "Yes, sire, they seem to be further into the next galaxy than the Delcrons."

Shocked a moment, Derrick thumbed the com. "Emperor Kandra? Do you happen to know the location of the Creagon planet?"

Kandra's vision appeared before Derrick. "Yes, we do. We were surprised that they traveled this far. It is obvious that they were far more upset than we first thought."

"I am thinking of launching an offensive against them. It's about time we took the fight to them. Shouldn't take us too long to be ready. I just want permission to cross your space to reach them," Derrick asked.

"For this, we will have no problem granting it. Though I am afraid we have business of our own that we need to finish before we can start that," Kandra stated, a small smile on his features.

Derrick could only nod his head as he considered. The Delcrons had been nothing but patient and honorable. "Yes, I suppose that we do. That is, if your daughter still wishes," Derrick started.

An almost shrill female voice was suddenly heard. "By the feline god, she more than wishes it. I must have him or die trying. If you wish me to, I will gladly volunteer to bring him out of hiding. I will not be denied my mate!"

Shelby rolled her eyes, then thought about it for a few moments. Leaning over, she whispered in Derrick's ear, "Though I do not like this, I guess we have no choice. I think, though, that I need to see their rules before this 'contest' starts."

Derrick nodded as he could only stare at Shelby. Perhaps this one might be better suited for her hands. She had, after all, handled their marriage and him quite handily.

"That might be an excellent idea." Turning toward Kandra, Derrick asked for a copy of the rules governing the contest that Jimison and Difina of the Delcrons would have.

Moments later, a rather thick book appeared beside Derrick. Looking at Shelby, Derrick said, "Not your typical light reading, I see."

A smirk appeared on Shelby's face as she turned to Derrick. "You forget I read nearly as fast as you. So, a bit of light reading, possibly."

Derrick turned back toward Kandra and Difina. "I am afraid that at the current speed that we all can maintain, it will take time."

Kandra waved his hand. "Time matters not that much for now, though in a few weeks it will. I am afraid that Difina's mating rage will have grown to the point that we might have to confine her. That, I am afraid, might kill her. Therefore, I hope that it isn't for an extended time."

Derrick's eyes grew wide as he stated, "Nothing that long, though it will be at least four days." Kandra nodded as they bade each other good day.

Reaching out, Derrick again thumbed the com. "Colonel Dempsy, I need you on the bridge as soon as possible."

"I am on my way, sire," came Dempsy's voice. Derrick shook his head. Knowing Onai, she and the doctor that had come aboard would both accompany him.

12