Louise Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers

It was that argument that caused the final rift between her and her parents who still didn't understand where Barb's attitude had come from. As far as they were concerned, they loved all of them equally and what was they supposed to do? Let Louise and her brother go naked? They asked Barb that question and she did not answer them but continued to tell them that she had been abused.

"Abused?" Wanda asked horrified, "We didn't punish any of you without making sure that you understood why."

"There's more than one way to abuse someone." Barb replied ignoring the dark, angry looks that her father was giving her.

"Just how did we abuse you?" he asked.

"I spent everyday at school being picked on because of my clothes and where we lived! I had no friends and it's because of the way I looked so you may not have hit me but I was emotionally abused."

Victor and Wanda looked at her shocked and speechless. They looked at each other and then back at Barb but it was Wanda who spoke.

"Are you saying that this is about some clothes?"

Barb didn't answer but gave her a defiant look.

"Is this about some damned clothes?" Wanda asked again, her face dark with rarely seen anger, "You're jealous because we bought the two babies a few new clothes? What were we supposed to do? Let them go to school naked? And are you forgetting that three of you were gone? That meant that there weren't as many mouths to feed..."

"Wanda, stop." Victor said, "We don't owe her any explanations. She has it in her mind that we abused her then let her think that we did but we know different."

Victor looked at Barb with tears in his eyes and said nothing for several long minutes.

"I'm sorry that you feel as you do." he said softly. "But I think that you know that we love you as much as we love the others but you have got to be one of the most self centered people I have ever known and I don't understand where it came from. I'm going to say this but once, I hope that you get everything that you want out of life but be careful of what you wish for. Sometimes things look good when in reality it's poison. You want money so that you can flaunt and brag about it to your friends and buy all kinds of beautiful things and I guess in and of itself that isn't wrong but Barbie doll, you're already infected with greed and you don't even have money yet. I hope that it turns out well for you."

That was the last real conversation that she had with her parents. After that, they talked but it was superficial and not once did Barb apologize for her behavior. She felt no need to, she had been the one wronged and the one what was entitled to the apology.

After that, she set her sights on Clay Robinson who could have cared less about her, he was still pining over Kevyn who had moved to California and could have cared less about him. Over the years, she was in many meaningless relationships jumping right in if the man looked and acted as if he had money, dropping them if they didn't. It didn't take her long to become more observant about the men who were interested in her, she became adept in picking out the phonies, and Nathan Sinclaire was no phony. He like his uncle exuded money and the one thing that came in second place.... Sex.

She replayed the evening in her mind trying to pinpoint her mistake and realized that the whole trip had been a big mistake and that she had come on much, much too strong. She shouldn't have shown up early and unexpectedly as she had and she should have known that Kevyn wouldn't have changed her plans to accommodate her early arrival. She also had to do some major damage control. She could see that Nathan Sinclaire had some interest in Louise and that Louise must have felt something for him if the way that she snapped at and then screamed at her meant anything.

Barb didn't think for one second that Nathan was or could be serious about Louise; she was such a mouse. Barb washed her face again and began to plan how she was going to repair the damage that she had already done and decided to begin with an apology and she would start with Louise.

**********

Louise changed into her pajamas, turned the television on and got into bed. Her mind was in turmoil about the evening in general but more specifically about Nathan Sinclaire. He had just made it clear that he was interested in her for more than friendship although she didn't understand why. The question was what did she want? She stopped herself realizing that she was thinking about him in the same way and more than likely had been the entire time but was only just admitting it to herself.

Up until she came to California and met Nathan she had never thought that she would be the position that she now found herself, she really needed to talk to Kevyn. As she closed her eyes to sleep, her prepaid cell phone rang. She knew that it wouldn't be Nathan, he called either the room phone or the new cell phone number meaning that it had to be one of her siblings.

Reluctantly she answered the phone.

"Hey Barb.... No was getting ready to fall asleep. Yes... yes... I know, it's here at Patrick and Kevyn's house...we'll bring it the next time we see you... no I don't know when that will be... dinner? I don't know; I'll talk to Kevyn... I don't know...I'll call you later."

Louise hung up and realized that she made a mistake, Barb was under the impression that she and Kevyn were staying at Kevyn's apartment. She heard the disbelief, surprise and jealousy in her voice in her response. She also realized something else, Barb was lying when she apologized, she didn't mean it. She was planning to take Nathan away from her. The dinner invitation was damage control and an attempt to make Nathan, Kevyn and Patrick believe that she was honestly sorry for her behavior when the only thing that she was sorry about was that she hadn't succeeded.

With thoughts of Barb and then Nathan in her head Louise fell asleep unaware that she had begun to accept Nathan for what he was... hers. Her last waking thought was that she had to talk to Kevyn, she would understand.

The opportunity to talk with Kevyn didn't come until later in the afternoon. Kevyn was in the kitchen eating a slice of bread when Louise found her.

"You're going to get as big as a house if you aren't careful." Louise teased.

"Not going to happen." Kevyn replied as she took another bite of bread and then asked, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine... Kev do you have time to talk?"

"Sure I do, what's up besides that sister of ours?"

Louise began with the conversation with Nathan.

"He told me that I should talk to you... Kev, this is so out of my element I don't know what to do."

"Lou, do you like him?"

"Yes."

"Does he make you feel good? And do you feel safe with him?"

"Yes but Kev I'm not like you, Barb and Juliet... I'm just me."

"Lou if you ask me, you're the best of us and I can understand why Nathan likes you. It's because of the reason that you just stated, you're you."

"He asked me who took care of me."

Kevyn looked at her, weighing her words carefully.

"The people of this family care deeply for each other as I'm sure you know. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but you get used to it. I know that you've been taking care of yourself and well... try to relax and let someone else care for you; god knows that you deserve it. But I think that there's something else that has you worried."

"Barb called."

"She called me too, something about an apology dinner. What do you think?" Kevyn asked.

"I think that she's lying... I think that she wants to see if she can take Nathan away from me."

Kevyn hid her surprise at the statement. She agreed with Louise's assessment but she was surprised to hear the claim in Louise's voice.

"Do you think that we should go?"

"I don't want to." Louise replied, "But she's going to be here for another couple of weeks and we can't avoid her so I guess that we should go. What do you think?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, I think that you're right." Kevyn replied. "And there is the chance that she means it."

Louise looked at Kevyn, started to say that while it was a nice thought, that wasn't the case and then she realized that Kevyn knew it too.

"Lou, can I give a little advice?"

"Sure."

"I don't know why Barb is the way she is but don't let her rattle you, its part of what she does. But you need to be secure in what you know and trust your instincts." Kevyn said.

"I know and you're right." Louise conceded, "But this is so new to me, the Nathan part I mean."

"But you like it right?" Kevyn asked.

"Yeah, I do." Louise admitted after a brief hesitation.

"Good!" Kevyn exclaimed relieved, "now relax, enjoy, and remember that people will do only what you allow them to."

"Kev? Do you like him?"

The question caught Kevyn off guard but she recovered quickly.

"Yes, I like him. I like the way that he looks after you but even if I didn't like him, he would have my respect and gratitude for the reasons that I just stated."

"Thank you." Louise said and then handed Kevyn a notebook. "There's a hot wing recipe in one of these notebooks but I don't remember which one, want to help me look for it?"

Kevyn took the notebook with a smile; her baby sister was definitely feeling the pull toward Nathan. Once again, she was glad that she hadn't said anything; Nathan had the right idea in letting her slowly come to her own conclusions.

"Are you planning a meal?" Kevyn asked.

"I thought that we could cook a meal together." Louise replied.

Kevyn was thrilled. While she liked to cook, it wasn't a passion for her as it was for Louise and the fact that she was planning a meal for Nathan was definitely a step in the right direction.

"Sounds good." Kevyn replied as she started looking though the notebook whose pages were filled front to back.

***********

Nathan spent a restless day determined not to call Louise. He wanted her to have time to think about what she knew to be true and to talk to Kevyn if she needed to. To keep himself busy, he worked on the plans for their house, called the contractor and left a message when the vampire didn't answer. He still needed to go see the vampire who had sold them inferior supplies, he would do that in the evening, and it would give him something to do.

His cell phone rang a few minutes later, without looking; he knew that it was Louise.

"Hello sweetheart." Nathan said softly.

"How did you know it was me?" Louise asked.

"I just did, how are you?"

"I'm ok... listen; Barb called and wants to take everyone out for an apology dinner."

"Do you believe her?"

"No but I think that we should go anyway." Louise replied.

"What does Kevyn say?"

"She agrees, what do you think?"

"I think that I don't trust her but I also agree that we should go, what time shall I pick you up?"

"I don't know yet, I'll call you back." Louise replied.

After they hung up, Nathan sat back in his chair. Barb was up to no good, he could feel it and came to a decision, he would shield her from Louise. As much as he disliked her, he couldn't allow anything to happen to her. If he didn't and something happened, Louise would never forgive herself.

It was dark enough that he could go pay that vampire a visit but early enough that he would be back in plenty of time to get ready for dinner and get over to Patrick's to pick Louise up. It was going to be an interesting evening.

*********

Barb called the credit card company to verify her balance. Satisfied with the answer, she called Hans and asked him for the name of a nice restaurant.

"The Chateau is close and the food is very good, would you like me call and make reservations? If I do it they will give you a nice discount."

She wanted to say no but she was a realist, she had to save money if she was going to live here and she needed to start thinking about a job until she landed Nathan or someone else with money.

"Sure, thanks." she replied hating the fact that she was going to take advantage of a discount.

"What time shall I give them?" Hans asked.

"Seven... Hans, are you free tonight?" Barb asked.

"Yes Madame, I am, did you need something?"

Barb had an idea. What better way to make them think that she was sincere than to show up with a date? She thought wishing that she hadn't thrown away the card that had Jonesy's number on it. Between him and Hans, Jonesy was the better choice but it couldn't be helped.

"Madame? Did you need something?" Hans asked again.

"Yes, I need an escort for dinner and you're it."

Hans didn't immediately reply. He was tired of this woman telling him what to do and talking to people as if they were no more than animals meant to serve her. It wasn't in his nature to be subservient and he was sick off it and her. It was time to end this.

"Excuse me," he said politely, "but I don't like to be told what to do as you have been doing since your arrival. Nor do I care for how you have been speaking to and treating my staff. From this moment on, I expect my staff and myself to be treated with the utmost respect and not as if we were your own personal servants. Now, if you wish me to escort you to dinner I would suggest that you take back the command and ask me.... Nicely. And one more thing, I expect to hear from Nadine that you apologized to her for the way that you spoke to her this morning."

"Now you wait a min...."

"No, you wait." Hans interrupted. "Ever since you arrived you've acted as though we and the world owe you something. Let me inform you in case no one else has that other than the respect that one being has for another, we don't owe you a damned thing. In the three days that you have been here there hasn't been a single thank you even when something that wasn't part of your stay here was done for you. Nadine went to the store for you on her own time. She left home early in order to get you the bath oil that you wanted just to be nice. You didn't give her a price range, you only told her to buy it which is what she did. It was your fault that you didn't set the parameters for the purchase, not hers. The name-calling was completely uncalled for and when she comes back to work, I expect you to seek her out and apologize.

From now on, no one will do those little extras for you. If we don't have what you want or need here, you will either have to do without or go get it yourself. Going to dinner with you as your escort qualifies as one of those extras so I must decline."

Barb was flabbergasted, no one had ever talked to her the way that a lowly hotel clerk had just done.

"You are employed by Patrick Sinclaire, are you not?" she snapped, "And you told me yourself that you are here to take care of any needs that I may have and this is a need, be here by six-thirty!"

"Have a pleasant evening." Hans said and hung up.

Barb stared at the phone... another first; no one had ever hung up on her before.

*******

Hans sat back and looked at the phone, the woman was a money hungry bitch but he admired her drive. Even so, he wasn't about to give her what she wanted simply because she demanded it. As he saw it, that was part of her problem, everyone just gave in to her because it was the easiest thing to do and she was never confronted or held accountable for her actions whether they be word or deed. Until that happened, there would be no change.

A few seconds later, Hans swore.

"Oh fuck..."

**********

Louise showered and then looked through her closet for something appropriate to wear to a nice restaurant. The only thing close to suitable was the outfit that she had worn to her mother's funeral, black slacks and a peach colored top. Her throat tightened at the memory of her mother and the funeral, she still missed her and expected to for a long time. She closed her eyes and whispered a prayer for both of her parents, Kevyn and her new family and finally for herself.

She took the outfit down, looked at it wishing that she had something else to wear. It was too late to think about going to the nearest 'Wal-Mart' but decided as soon as it could be arranged that she was going shopping. She finished dressing, looked at herself and for once liked what she saw. Her eyes had a sparkle to them that they had never had before and the lines of worry that had always been a part of her facial features was gone. Her skin, which had never really suffered from blemishes, seemed even clearer and she felt better.

She covered her lips, smiled and then moved her hand. She had a nice smile and wondered why she kept it hidden. She picked the habit up from her mother who like her always covered her mouth when she laughed or smiled. It was a habit that she decided to try and break. As she finished getting ready for dinner, she realized that she felt good.

********

Barb called Ollie and asked him to take her to the restaurant and of desperation told him to come dressed for dinner.

"I'm sorry ma'am but this is my night off." he replied.

"Hans is busy; he said that you could take me." Barb lied.

"That's funny, I just spoke to him." Ollie replied, "He said that we weren't to do any more extras for you but if I were you, I'd order a taxi so you won't be late. Goodnight ma'am."

"Wait!" Barb said but the line was already dead.

Now angry, she dialed Kevyn's number but wasn't surprised when she didn't answer. She was going to call Louise but changed her mind; it would have been pointless. She looked at the clock, took Ollie's advice, and ordered a cab for six-thirty pick up. She made herself calm down and began to get ready for dinner talking to herself as she did it.

"Remember, low key, sincere apology, slow and steady wins the race, all I have to do is to get him to look at me just once without him realizing it and the battle is over."

The self-chat made her feel better and she began to hum as she took a shower and then used the bath oil that she had yelled at Nadine for buying. She grimaced, but not at the memory of how she had treated the woman who had been kind enough to make a stop on the way to work to get the oil but at the forty dollar price tag. One thing was for certain, not a single drop of it was going to be wasted and it wouldn't be for everyday use.

She took out a pair of dark dress slacks and a dove gray shirt to wear for the evening and glanced at the little black dress wistfully. Of all of the sisters, she was the only one slender enough to wear something as form fitting as the dress and she knew that if she wore it, Nathan nor any other man wouldn't be able to keep their eyes off of her and that included Patrick.

"Stick to the plan." she muttered as she closed the closet door.

The room phone rang at six-twenty five.

"Your cab is waiting." Hans said and then hung up.

Five minutes later, Barb was walking past the front desk but didn't look at Hans but he was watching her, his eyes glittering with anger but not just at her but also at the fates. How could they have given him such a bitch? He wondered as she walked out of the door. He had anticipated and hoped for an easy mating with a woman who could and would appreciate the concept of working for what one wanted and what does he get? A money hungry bitch that was planning to steal the mate of her own sister.

Even if they had all been human, he would have felt the same way and if they were human, he could and would have walked away from her. As it stood now, the only way that he could get out of mating with her was if she rejected him, which was likely, as he couldn't support her in the lifestyle that she craved and felt that she was entitled to. He wasn't poor but was what would be considered middle class. He had a modest home that he took care of himself and had no servants. He spent very little money and when he did, it was for something that he needed as opposed to something that he wanted. It was a lifestyle that Barbara Yancy Simpson would abhor and would never come to accept.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,666 Followers