Love And Inheritance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sue sort of blushed and replied, "So, get dressed. You're the one in MY room half naked."

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm not the one who chose to be here."

"I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't tease you like that. If it bothers you that much, I'll turn my back."

"Thanks." Almost before Sue's back was turned Jason had his jeans on and up. He sat back on the edge of the bed and quickly put his shoes on.

Sue heard him pulling his jeans up and doing the belt so she turned back to face him. "I'm sorry about your grandpa, and it really sucks about your family. I don't know what I'd do without my family. Come on. Let's get some coffee before Dad drinks it all. You know what Chief's are like when there's booze or coffee around. I swear I don't know why Dad doesn't walk around with a permanent crook in his finger from holding onto the handle of a coffee cup."

Jason laughed and said, "Yeah, I know what you mean. You almost never see a senior Petty Officer without a coffee cup in their hand or nearby. I'm sorry I upset you earlier."

"Hey, it's nothing I haven't seen before. When I was young Dad was always bringing someone home and letting them use one of us kids beds while we got to sleep on the couch or floor. At least I had a bed last night."

"Well, I AM sorry."

Jason and Sue moved quickly down the hallway and into the kitchen. She poured them each a large mug of coffee and led the way out the back door to the patio. They found chairs and just sat quietly for a few moments looking out across the beach to the rolling waves.

Hank finally looked over at Jason and said, "Do we need to get you some emergency leave so you can go home?"

"No, I don't think so. I mean, how long has he been gone. I'm sure I missed the service and I sure don't want to go back and see the 'rents. I didn't want to before and I sure don't now."

"What are your plans now, PO? If I remember correctly you only have a few months left on your enlistment. You going to reenlist or get out?"

"You know, I'm not sure. I like the Navy fine, but I'm not sure I want to make it a career. I don't know what I'd do if I get out, either. I've managed to get some college credits the last three years but I have a long way to go for a degree even if I knew what I wanted the degree in. All I know now is what I DON'T want the degree in."

"Well, you need to decide soon. I think there's a small reenlistment bonus for your rate if you go that route. I can't advise you about jobs on civvy street though. How many hours do you have in college?"

"After this semester ends I'll have enough credits for a two year degree. I'll have almost all my general education subjects out of the way."

Sue broke into the conversation saying, "Cool. I'm going to the University of Hawaii studying Hotel and Restaurant Management. I'll get my AA degree this semester, too. Where are you going?"

"University of Hawaii also, but I attend the classes they have on base or do it on the web. I almost never make it to the campus."

Soon, the women went inside to make breakfast. While they were waiting on the food Jason and the Master Chief continued talking. To Jason's surprise he found himself liking the Master Chief immensely. He wished his father were as neat as was Sue's.

During breakfast Sue asked if she could use the car so she and her friends could go to one of the local beaches. Her father said, "No, I don't think so honey. I need to take Jason back to the ship and your mother needs the other car this morning."

Jason said, "Hey, there's no problem here. I'll just walk or get a cab. I don't want to put you out any farther than I have."

Sue looked at Jason a moment before smiling. She said, "Why don't you let me take Jason back to the ship so I can use the car after? Or did you need to go in and work today, too?"

"No, I'm just going to hit the golf course this morning. I suppose I can have someone pick me up if you want to take Petty Officer Lowery back to the ship."

"Cool, thanks Daddy. Are you about ready to go, Jason?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," Jason said. He looked at the Master Chief and Wendi before continuing, "Thanks for taking care of me last night and for the breakfast. I appreciate it. I hope I wasn't any trouble. I was having a rough time of things and really appreciate all you've done."

"That's fine, Jason, but don't make a habit of it. Remember what I said." The Master Chief smiled and continued, "Now, you two get outta here."

Sue jumped up and grabbed Jason's hand. She said, "Come on. I want to get to the beach before all the good spots are gone." When she realized she was holding Jason's hand she blushed and dropped it quickly. Jason followed her out the door and to the car.

As they drove the two young people talked. They talked about Jason's home, his family and college as well as their dreams. When she pulled up at the gate onto the pier where the ship was moored, Sue said, "This has been fun. You don't have to work or have the duty or anything today do you? If you don't, why don't you come to the beach with us? I know you'd like it."

"Uh, I don't know. I mean, what would your father think about that?"

"Oh, don't worry about Daddy. I'm free and over 21. He can't say much, anyway."

"To you maybe, but he's my boss. I don't want to make him any more upset with me than he is now."

"Oh, poo. Don't worry about it. Come on. It'll be fun."

Jason finally agreed and went with Sue. To his surprise, her friends were way cool and they had a great time on the beach. They went to a place mostly used by local residents. The beach was really great without all the tourists and drunken military people he usually had to share a beach with. Besides, he was with a really nice, really beautiful woman.

When she dropped Jason off at his ship that evening he found he didn't want to get out of the car. Not only had he been starved for female companionship the last three years, but he found Sue to be a fun, neat person. Oh, sure, like many sailors Jason had his share of bar girls and whores, but he did miss going out with nice girls. He turned slightly toward Sue and said, "Thanks, Sue. I really had a great time today. I forgot how much fun it was to just hang with friends and swim or talk like we did today. I've never been much of one to hit the clubs or get shitfaced. You and your friends were great. I don't suppose you would go out with me sometime, would you?"

"Maybe," Sue said with a smile. "Just when is this sometime you're thinking about?"

"Oh, uh, maybe next weekend? No, wait, I have the duty next weekend. How about the Friday after?"

Sue smiled and said, "I think that can be arranged."

"Great, I'll be there. Uh, I don't know about wheels. Oh, heck, I'll rent a car or borrow one from someone."

"Don't worry about it. I'll just use Daddy's or Mother's car. How about if I pick you up about five here at the ship."

"Cool. You sure your parent's won't care?"

Sue smiled and said, "Yeah, I'm sure." She rummaged around in her bag and pulled her phone out. She said, "What's your number?"

After Jason gave her his number, she sent him a text reminding him of their date. She smiled and said, "Now, you have my number and if you get real bored you can call me, huh?"

Their next date went well. They hit a local burger joint for their meal then went to the bowling alley on base and bowled several lines. After they finished bowling they drove down beside the beach and just walked and talked for several minutes before they headed back to Jason's ship.

At the ship, after he got to the gate onto the pier Jason stopped and turned to Sue. He placed his hands on each of her hips and looked deeply into her eyes. He said, "This was great. Thank you for going out with me. You know, I'm not ready for the night to end. Can we do this again next week?"

"I'm not ready to go, either, but we need to. It's almost 2:30 a.m. and the parental units will be worried if I don't get home soon. We're going to the beach again tomorrow. You want to come with?"

Jason smiled and said, "Yeah, that'd be great. Will you pick me up again?"

"Sure. Say about 11:00?"

"It's a date. Night."

Jason and Sue dated steadily for the next five months. They were spending more and more time together. They were now seeing each other at least three days a week and talked on the phone almost daily. Jason had quickly become one of Sue's "gang". He now had friends outside the navy. Some of the group Sue hung with were other military brats, some were locals, and one was even from the mainland going to college in Hawaii. He felt as if he belonged again.

Jason was doing well in his job, also. His happiness spilled over into his work life and he did better because of it. He took the test for advancement to Petty Officer second-class and passed it with a very high score. If things went well he could be promoted soon; maybe even on the next list. Things couldn't be better for a change.

On their by now carved in stone Friday night date, Jason wanted to do something special for Sue. He also wanted to celebrate his promotion so he convinced her to go to one of the more upscale restaurants. They arrived somewhat early for their reservation. After giving the maître de their name, they went to the outside beer garden to wait for their table.

Before taking a seat at an open table, Jason moved to Sue, gathered her into his arms and gave her a deep sensual kiss. She was grinding her crotch against the huge bulge he had in his pants when they heard a voice that struck fear into each of them. "Sue, what the hell are you doing here? Well, well, well, if it isn't Petty Officer Lowery. So this is why you've been so happy the last few months is it? You've been chasing my daughter."

When he heard the voice Jason quickly pulled away from Sue. He turned to see Master Chief Swartz standing behind him with Sue's mother, Wendi, and another of the Chief's from the ship and, he assumed, his wife. "Oh, shit," he whispered.

Sue reached out and took Jason's hand before she said, "Oh, Daddy, be nice."

The Master Chief glared at the young couple with a stern look on his face. Finally Wendi broke into a smile and poked him in the side. She said, "Oh, stop it, Hank. Don't pick on the poor boy. Don't you think you've scared him enough?"

The four older adults broke into loud laughter. After the laughter died down, Master Chief asked, "So, how long has this been going on between you two?"

Jason glanced at Sue, straightened, and looked the Master Chief in the eyes. He said, "Pretty much since you put me to bed in her room, Master Chief."

The other Chief (a Senior Chief or E-8) laughed and said to Hank, "What, you that worried about marrying her off, Hank? You shanghai sailors and dump them in your daughter's bed? I have to tell this one in the Chief's mess tomorrow. Hell, I never thought you would just dump one of your sailors into her bed like that though. Looks like it worked though, didn't it? Maybe I should try that with my daughter. Get rid of her and I'll have more room in the house."

By then, Jason looked as if he wanted to crawl under a rock and hide while Sue's super red face looked as if she could cook on it.

Wendi slapped the Senior Chief on the arm, "You behave yourself, too, Tom. Weren't you young and in love before?" She looked at Jason and said, "Just ignore them, Jason. Their bark's worse than their bite."

"Uhhh, I don't know about that. I mean, I have to work for them and..." Jason was interrupted when his pager went off. He pulled it from his pocket and quickly taking the opportunity said, "Excuse us, we have to go. Our table's ready."

Hank smiled and said, "Hey, no problem. We'll just come in with you and have them pull our table next to yours. We have reservations too." Hank and the other chief laughed loudly after he said that.

Jason stood in shock, his mouth hanging open as he tried to find something to say.

Sue looked at her father and said, "Daddy, don't you dare!" She grabbed Jason's arm and turned toward the door the maître de was holding open for them.

They heard a slap and Wendi said, "Hank, I told you to behave yourself. Now leave the kids alone."

The young couple had just taken their seats when they saw Sue's parents and guests being led to a table two down from the one they were seated at. When Jason saw that he felt a knot form in his stomach and he muttered, "Shit."

Sue heard him and placed her hand on his forearm before she said, "Relax, Jason. That was just Daddy being Daddy. He doesn't mean anything by it. He was just doing his version of humor."

"Oh, I understood that. It's just that I was going to ask you to marry me this evening and I don't need him here..."

Sue broke in on Jason's line and almost screamed, "What? You were? I mean, yes, uh, was that for real a proposal or..."

Jason felt his stomach lurch. His eyes flickered rapidly from the table where he had been looking, to Sue's face then across to her parent's table before they flicked back to Sue. "Shit," he said. "I can't believe I said that out loud. I..."

Sue broke in once again, "What do you mean? You mean you don't want to get married or..."

This time it was Jason who broke into the sentence. He said, "Yes! I do. It's not that. I mean, I just wanted this to be perfect for you. We could celebrate my promotion and getting engaged here alone, and now... Oh, hell, I don't know what I mean. I've totally messed it up now haven't I?"

Sue reached out and touched Jason's forearm again as she quietly said, "Hush. You haven't messed anything up. Especially if you mean it."

Jason didn't notice Sue's parents and their friend's stares. He was looking intently at Sue as he reached into his pocket and pulled an engagement ring from it. He opened the box and held the ring out toward Sue as he spoke. "I really did mean it, Sue. I love you and want to marry you. I just wanted it to be special for you when I asked and now I've screwed it all up."

Sue put the ring on her finger, looked at it proudly then leaned over and kissed Jason deeply. When she pulled back people at the tables nearby were smiling and began clapping. When Jason became aware of his surroundings once again he saw Wendi holding Sue's hand as she admired the ring. The Master Chief stood beside her glaring at Jason and the other couple stood nearby.

The Master Chief looked at Jason solemnly and said, "I think we need to talk tomorrow, son."

Jason felt a surge of fear but he looked Hank in the eye and said, "Whatever you think, Master Chief, but you need to know I love your daughter and we're getting married, as long as that's what she wants, too."

Sue glared at her father and said, "That's enough, Daddy. Leave him alone."

Finally the Master Chief grinned and held his hand out for Jason to shake. He said, "Welcome to the family, son. You take good care of my baby or we WILL have a rather strenuous discussion, though."

"Thank you, Sir. And I will."

"Don't give me that sir crap. I work for my pay."

Jason smiled at the old joke and said, "Yes, sir." He ducked when Hank faked a blow at him.

Before the adults returned to their table, Wendi said, "When you finish here why don't you drop by the house. We have a lot to talk about now, kids."

The couple did go to Sue's parent's home later that evening. They sat on the patio once again and gazed out over the ocean. More than a few drinks were tossed down their throats while they talked and enjoyed the night. Jason found himself sleeping on the couch this time. Hank woke him the next morning when he walked through the living room toward the kitchen for his first mug of coffee. Jason quickly dressed and followed. The two men were sitting on the patio watching the ocean and talking when first Wendi, then a few minutes later Sue, came onto the patio with their coffee. Soon afterwards Sue's two younger siblings came wandering out also.

After the women were seated Hank asked, "So, you're a soon to be newly promoted Second Class (Petty Officer Second Class--PO2--an E5). You can get by supporting a wife on that, especially if she works, too. What are your plans now, son? Are you going to stay in the Navy? You know you'll have to extend your enlistment for a year to sew the new rank on don't you? That'll give you, what? Five years in."

"Yeah, it'll be a little over 5 when my time's up. I'm not sure but I probably won't stay in. It's no life for a married man with a family." Jason felt some embarrassment and glanced at Hank before he continued. "Sorry, you know what I mean. You're gone on deployment so much of the time and you miss so much. I don't think I would like that and I don't want to put Sue through it, either. I don't know. I think I'll get out when my time's up this time. I think I want to go back home. I'll have three years of college by then so I suppose I'll finish my degree on the GI Bill. We'll have to see what happens after that. I hate to admit it but I am following some of my father's plans. I'm going to get a degree in business except it will be in management instead of finance."

A month later, just before their marriage, Jason received a certified letter from an attorney in his hometown. The letter informed him he was listed as a beneficiary in his grandfather's will. The estate was in probate at the present time and, because he was in the service, his presence was not required either at the reading of the will or any of the meetings. There were some papers he needed to sign enclosed in the letter. He was to sign them and return them along with the documents on an enclosed list as soon as possible. The letter requested he contact the attorney if he had any questions.

Jason's whole family and some non-family members gathered in the attorney's office for the reading of the will on the appointed day. The attorney informed Jason's father he was to inherit 51% of the stock in the holding company for the three banks. Jason's aunt would inherit the other 49% of the holding company stock. Jason's sisters would each inherit $250,000. The attorney then said, "Personal items and family heirlooms are to be divided equally. If more than one family member claims an item and they cannot agree who is to receive it I, as the administrator of the estate, will make the final determination on who will receive it. Any items not taken by family members will be sold at auction and the proceeds divided between Mr. Lowery's children.

Jason's father sat a moment then said, "This is fine as far as it goes but you haven't mentioned the old house and twenty acres on the lake. I think there is three or four hundred thousand dollars in investments and cash not mentioned this morning also. What happened to that?"

"Yes, sir. I have not mentioned all of the estate yet. Your son, Mr. Lowery's grandson, Jason, is to receive the house and 20 acres. He has already been informed of his inheritance. Since he is in the service, he was not required to attend this meeting. He has already signed all the necessary papers and submitted the documents necessary for us to distribute his share of the estate to him. The appraised value of the house and land is the same as the bequest to your two daughters. Some of the remaining funds and investments are bequeathed to others in this room. If you will allow me to continue, please, we will complete the reading as soon as possible."

By the time the attorney finished telling those gathered what their inheritance was Jason's father was livid. Finally he could not hold it any longer and said, "This is total bullshit! I am his son. We children should have received all of dad's property but I can live with the token gifts he made to some of his friends and older employees. By my calculation, however, there is still the sum of nearly $500,000 in cash that has not been mentioned. Who receives that?"