Love Around the World 09: India

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled before replying, "Three."

"I can handle three."

"Would you be upset if I said that I'd love three daughters?"

I laughed as I knew why. "Man, that would seriously do your father's head in. Not only are you now married to someone beneath you..." She pulled a face before giving me one hell of a kiss. "But you're now having my child, and I know someone like him would be dying for a grandson."

"I think you'll be a wonderful father to three daughters."

"They'll each have a piece of my heart like their mother."

"We'll raise them to be bilingual?"

"Of course. Um... I've been using an app on my phone to try and learn a bit of Hindi but... It's difficult..."

"I love the fact you're trying, handsome. I didn't miss you trying a little bit from time to time when we were in India."

The day she gave birth to our first daughter, I hadn't been offended when she asked if it was okay that her mother was in the room with her. I certainly wasn't as it was her choice, and I knew it was a way for her to enhance her bond with her mother. When the birth was over and I walked in to meet my daughter, she was bundled up in the arms of my wife. I barely kept my emotions in check when leaning down to kiss my wife on the forehead.

"I liked Charlotte," she whispered, "I think she's a Charlotte."

Glancing at our daughter, I agreed immediately before asking, "And her Indian name?"

When she started to blink rapidly, I wondered which name she wanted. "Karishma," she whispered, "In Hindi, it means miracle. She's our little miracle, Mark. After all it's only because you showed up that night to save me that all this has happened."

A couple of days later, we took our little miracle home for the first time with my wife whispering into my ear that once she was ready, she wanted to start trying to give our daughter a sibling. I wasn't going to say no to my wife about that idea.

*****

Epilogue

Shanti got exactly what she wanted, as over the next three years, we welcomed two more beautiful daughters into our lives. Our second-born daughter we christened Chloe Devika, her second name meaning 'little goddess' in Hindi. Our youngest daughter we christened Cassandra Saira, her second name of Urdu origin meaning 'traveller'.

To say I had four women in my life who had me wrapped around their collective little fingers wouldn't be an understatement. They learned from a young age all about their heritage but there was no missing the fact we were also raising three little Indian-Australians. Probably more focus on the latter as they grew older, and Shanti thought it was hilarious when they were older that they sounded as local as their father, leading to numerous surprised faces that they didn't sound like they were 'fresh off the boat'.

While our lives were wonderful, not without the occasional trial and concern, things developed for others in our lives. Indira left her husband six months after we'd returned from our honeymoon to India. She reconnected with Wayne, the Australian man she'd known long ago. She waited a year before submitting the divorce application. Six months after her divorce was granted, she married the man she'd always been in love with. They're still alive and kicking today, and seeing how happy her mother is with her husband... I know Shanti often thinks that she could have endured decades of unhappiness should I have not shown up that night she asked for help.

Her father did her best to destroy Shanti's reputation, and her ex-husband did the same thing. Did I involve myself? I wanted to. I really, really wanted to go sort things out. Shanti asked me not to get involved. All that concerned her was our marriage, the family she had left, and the fact she could call my small side of the family her own. And in the end, what they were trying to do mattered naught. We had our friends, and they would never turn their back on Shanti.

Our three girls are now teenagers, and having watched them grow from precocious little girls into the young women they are today, I am one proud papa. As for Shanti, she's aged gracefully, and I find her as sexy today as I did the day that I met her. While we have slowed down in some regards, it doesn't take all that much for my wife to still get my motor running.

The plan now is to take our daughters to India within the next twelve months so they can grow to understand their heritage even more. While we've raised them bilingual, their knowledge of Hindi is nothing like their mother's, not that she seems to mind.

"They're little bloody Australians," she joked, "I mean, they go for Australia in the cricket!"

"Well, they were born here," I retorted before I'd meet her eyes, "As were you, dear."

Clearing her throat, she stated, "Tendulkar."

"Bradman. Or if you want the modern day, Ponting."

"Gavaskar."

"Border."

Folding her arms, she smirked before stating, "Kohli."

"Smith."

When she groaned, I knew I was getting to her. "Laxman."

"Hayden."

She sighed. "You're not going to let me win, are you?"

"I will let you win most arguments, sweetheart, because most of the time, you are right. But cricket isn't just a religion to Indians."

When she gently grasped my groin, I met her eyes as this was her way of trying to convince me. "So you're not going to suggest to our daughters they should also support India in the cricket?"

"Hmmm... I'm sure there are ways you could convince me to at least have a chat with them about it..."

Leaning up to kiss me, she whispered, "Well, I did shave everything in the shower this morning. When did we last make love?"

I couldn't help but snort as she giggled. "Sweetheart, we made love last night."

She tried to look innocent when saying, "Oh yes, that's right. Well, the girls are out, and we have the place to ourselves. Care to make love with your wife again?"

"You're kidding, right? When the hell do I ever say no to you?" I paused before quickly adding, "Say no to sex, that is."

"You know I'm even hornier in my forties, right?"

"I'll do my best to match your libido."

"Think we'll send the girls to more sleepovers and... I don't know, spend time with your sister?"

"What you're saying is that you're going to be even more insatiable than you already are."

"I can't get enough of my white boy husband. Now, are you going to come and pleasure your little Indian wife?"

"I'll lock the front and back doors. You'd better be naked by the time I meet you in the bedroom."

Walking into the bedroom naked, my wife was lying back with her legs spread, her pussy glistening as it was obvious how excited she was. Didn't take much for my wife to get excited and need intimacy with her husband. Joining her on our bed, the lovemaking was always special, the look in her eyes one of combined lust and love as our bodies moved together.

Snuggling together afterwards, my fingers caressing her side as her leg rested over mine, her fingers caressing my chest.

"Do you regret anything?" she asked softly.

"Only that I didn't propose to you far earlier than I did. But I married the woman I always wanted to marry in the end. Best things come to those who wait."

"Best day of my life was marrying you, Mark. The births of our daughters are equal best."

"Can't help but agree with that sentiment, sweetheart."

"Quick nap before our daughters get home?"

Checking my phone, we had a couple of hours. "Or we could make love again?"

"Hmmm. I'm thinking make love and we'll just go to bed earlier tonight."

"Yeah, I know why you're suggesting that. As I said, insatiable."

When our three daughters arrived home together, they took one look at their mother and father, immediately bursting into giggles. They were used to their father showing their mother endless amounts of love and affection. I was never shy in showing my love to my daughters either. Always available for hugs and kisses.

The one thing I'd always wanted for my family is for them to know they were loved and appreciated, and more importantly, any decisions about their lives were theirs and theirs alone. It was a sentiment Shanti completely supported. When it came the time for it, our daughters would marry who they loved, whether it was a man or a woman, and not someone we selected for them. Shanti ensured our daughters knew about the cultures and traditions of her homeland, but she was adamant that our daughters would never endure what she had to tolerate.

When Charlotte was twenty-one, I had my next best day of my life though it was also the most difficult day when I walked her down the aisle towards the man that she'd call her husband. But at least I knew she was marrying a man she was hopelessly in love with, as much as he was with her.

No father could ask for anything more.

*****

A/N - A couple of things as I'm sure certain members will take issue with what is nothing more than a fictional drama. Yes, arranged marriages occur in India for a myriad of different reasons. I have no opinion either way. If that's the way things are done there, so be it. I simply used this fact as a basis for this story.

I did search for how often they happen in Australia between those of Indian heritage but there wasn't as much information as arranged marriages occurring in India itself. I reckon it probably does happen though the percentage would be less. I reckon there are quite a few mixed marriages here. Having spent plenty of time in the United Kingdom, I knew of a few British men who had Indian wives (mostly second or third-generation Indian women, those who were born and raised in the UK and spoke with regional English accents. It was always amusing meeting someone of Indian heritage who spoke with a Scouse accent, for example.)

A friend of mine has visited India three to four times and he loves the place. Yes, it's utter chaos at times. Yes, there is immense wealth and abject poverty that are seen almost side by side. Yes, there are elements to their culture that are completely foreign to those born in other parts of the world. But like any traveller, he approached with an open mind and simply accepted some things were different. I haven't visited the country though it is on my list alongside plenty of other places.