Love Is All You Need Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally Chloe stirred and opened her eyes. She saw Matt awake and smiled at him.

"Hey you." said Chloe.

"Hey." said Matt giving her a meaningful glaze.

He took her head and then brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. He kissed her on the head and grabbed her and hugged her tight. She hugged him back and stayed in his embrace. Both the lovers stayed like that for a while. Silent. Yet their hearts screaming a thousand things a minute.

"What time is it?" asked Chloe.

"It's a little after 10." said Matt.

"What time do we have to get to the church?" asked Chloe.

"Around one in the afternoon." said Matt.

"Well then mister, its time to get out of bed!" said Chloe.

"What's the rush? We have time. Besides, I would much rather be in bed here with you." said Matt.

"It's your sisters wedding! We have to be the first ones there!" said Chloe.

"But we're not in the wedding. We're just attending." said Matt mischievously.

"You can stay here in bed. I am going down for coffee. You may join me if you wish." she said and got out of bed.

She got off the bed and began to put on some clothes. She slid a pair of panties over her legs. Matt watched her all the while. Chloe knew he was watching and she wanted to tease him. She then slowly turned around and moved her hips as she pulled up her panties. Then she took a t-shirt and slowly out it on herself. Then she turned around wiggled her butt as she walked out of the room.

"ALRIGHT! I'm UP!" cried Matt.

Chloe giggled as she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. She heated the water and got everything ready to get the coffee ready. Matt walked down in shorts and a t-shirt. He moved over to the fridge to see what was left so that he could fire up some breakfast. While Chloe prepared coffee for the both of them. Matt got some eggs from the fridge and started to work on the breakfast.

Soon they were sitting on the breakfast table munching on some eggs and toast with coffee.

"Mmm... these eggs are good."

Matt smiled and sipped on his coffee.

"So, how far is the church from here?" asked Chloe.

"Oh... it's about 20 minutes away from here." said Matt.

Chloe looked at the clock in the kitchen. It was 11:30 am.

"Well we have about an hour to get ready and then leave." said Chloe.

"We can do what we did yesterday. I can go change in the other room, while you use the master bedroom." said Matt.

"Sounds like a plan," she said as she smiled.

"What about the reception?" asked Chloe.

"What about it?" said Matt.

"Well where is the reception going to be?" asked Chloe.

"Oh, we will be going back to the Atlantis for the reception." said Matt.

"Sounds nice. Well, I am done." said Chloe.

"Why don't you go start getting ready. I will take care of the dishes." said Matt.

"Are you sure? I can help." said Chloe.

"GO. It's fine." said Matt.

Matt picked up their dirty dishes went over to the sink. Chloe came over and kissed him on the cheek, then moved on upstairs to start to get ready. Matt washed the dirty dishes and wiped them and kept then on the drying rack next to the sink.

He then moved up stairs into the master bedroom. He could hear the shower on and knew that Chloe was already in. He rummaged through his suitcase and found the suit he had bought for the wedding. He picked up all the things that he needed and proceeded into the other bedroom

About 30 minutes later. Matt seemed ready. He stared at himself in the mirror.

He wore a creamy beige colored suit. Stood in front of the mirror and fidgeted with his tie for a little while longer. He wanted to look good. He wanted to look good for Chloe. Even though it was his sisters wedding, he wanted to wow Chloe.

"You have to tell her today... you have to tell her how you feel." he mumbled.

Once he was sure that he looked better. He stood there in front of the mirror.

"Chloe, since the first time I saw you... No. Too cheesy." he said.

How could he tell her. His mind wandered on to a different things he wanted to say. All of them cheesy he thought.

"Chloe, I love you." said Matt. Yes. That was it. Simple and straight to the point. He could make sure that the setting was romantic and then he would say it.

He looked himself up one more time and headed out. He moved towards the master bedroom and found the door to be locked. He knocked on the door.

"Chloe. Are you ready?" asked Matt.

"Just 10 more minutes." replied Chloe.

Matt looked at his watch.

"Okay. We still have about 15 minutes." said Matt.

"Yes, I'll be right down." said Chloe.

Matt climbed down the stairs and sat down on a chair in the foyer. About 10 minutes later, he heard the familiar sound of heels on the marbled floor. He stood up.

"Hold still my heart, for the angels walk among us." he said to himself.

Chloe walked down and beamed at him. She looked absolutely ravishing in a the most fabulous white dress. It was Staples and stopped just stopped below her knee.

"You look great." said Chloe.

"And you look heavenly." said Matt.

Chloe smiled and flicked a lock of her hair behind her ear. He grabbed her arm as he had done before. Put it around his arm and walked her out.

There was a car waiting outside for them.

"What's this? Aren't we taking your car?" asked Chloe.

"No. I arranged for a car to take us to the church and then over to the reception." he said.

They moved towards the car and the chauffeur smiled at them.

"Good Afternoon sir. My name is Hamad. I will be your driver for today." he said.

Hamad opened the door for them and motioned for them to take a seat.

"Thank you Hamad." said Matt.

Both of them got inside the car. Hamad went over to the driver side and quickly started the car and they were on their way.

The drive was slow. For some reason the 20 minute drive seemed to stretch for eternity. Both sat in silence as the driver drove them to the church venue. They both stole glances at each other and smiled every now and then. Matt seemed nervous. Chloe could sense it. She moved closer to him and leaned into him as they continued to drive on.

They arrived at a quaint church. It was not very big. But it was not terribly small either. They entered and noticed that the guests had begun to arrive. Jason's friends who were the ushers, were helping the guests to their seats. Everything looked perfect. As they were walking in Jason was standing on one side with his best man nervous as ever practicing his I do's.

"I Do. I DO. I DO." he repeated.

"I would go with the second one." said Matt.

Jason looked around and breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey you guys made it!"

"You look nervous." said Chloe.

"Yeah. A little bit. But I guess it's normal isn't it?" said Jason.

"Don't worry, you're doing great." said Matt.

Just then the minister walked out from the hall and over to Jason.

"Are you ready Jason?" he asked.

"Yes Father." replied Jason.

"Please take you place at the alter. The bride is also ready to come out." said the minister.

Jason walked inside the church hall and took his place at the alter. Matt grabbed Chloe's hand and they walked in. The usher's helped them to a seat right in the front for family of the bride.

After a while, the bridesmaid walked out with the best man. The flower girl then came out and began to lay the isle with rose petals. Once everyone was in place, the wedding march started. Everyone rose and the bride walked out. Sarah walked past Matt and smiled at him and Chloe. Sarah walked over to Jason and he held out his hand to her. The ceremony began.

The ceremony went without a hitch. Everything was perfect. Sarah and Jason looked very happy as they walked out of the church as man and wife. It was now time for the reception at the Atlantis Hotel.

Everyone was having a merry time. Chloe and Matt mingled with everyone around. The only person who did not seem to be enjoying her self was Shannon. She was clearly upset whenever she saw Chloe and Matt so close to each other.

The hours were flying by rather fast and everyone was having a wonderful time. Down at the bar Shannon had immersed herself in drinking. Matt noticed her grab a bottle of wine and walk out of the hall. He had never seen her drink so much, let alone take a full bottle. He seemed a little concerned at her behavior.

"Hey, I'll be right back." Matt said to Chloe.

Matt walked out of the ballroom and into the next room over where Shannon was.

Chloe sat at their table and was enjoying the music and all the merriment that was going on. She walked over to the bar and got a drink. Matt had still not come back. 15 minutes had past and Matt was still no where to be seen. Sarah saw her alone at her table and walked over to her.

Sarah smiled at Chloe and said "Mind if I sit down?"

"Sure." said Chloe. "So, how does it feel to be married?"

"I don't know. Ask me again in a few months." she laughed.

"Well I am sure everything will be fine. I have seen you two together. I can see the love you have for each other." said Chloe.

"And what about you? Do you love my brother?" asked Sarah.

Chloe sat there silently. She didn't know what to say or how to say it. It was true. She loved Matt with all her heart. He was not just another "John" for her. He had become something else in a short period of time. Just then Jason walked over.

"Hey, where's Matt?" asked Jason.

"Yes. Where is he?" asked Sarah distracted,

"I don't know. He said he would be right back. But that was like 15 minutes ago." said Chloe.

"Shoot. I thought, I could ask him to say a few words after the Bridesmaid and Best Man speeches. They start in 5 minutes." said Jason.

"You can still do it. I will go look for him." said Chloe.

"I can ask someone to help." said Sarah.

"No. I'm sure he's somewhere close by. I'll go look for him and have him here before both the speeches are over." said Chloe.

Chloe rose up and walked outside of the hall. She moved all around the place and Matt was nowhere to be seen. She moved to the ballroom next door and found the door ajar. As she reached the door, she was shocked at the sight she saw.

Matt and Shannon were locked in a kiss. She immediately turned away from the door. She could feel her heart being stabbed with a thousand knives. She began to cry and immediately ran away. Chloe ran out of the hotel in tears. The driver spotted her and came over to her.

"Miss, are you okay?" asked Hamad.

"Can you drive me back to the house?" asked Chloe.

Matt walked out of the ballroom. He went back into the reception party. Everyone was still having a great time. Matt had to go get a drink. His head was feeling dizzy. Sarah & Jason spotted him at the bar and walked over to him.

"Where have you been? We have been searching for you. We wanted you to make a speech." said Sarah.

"Sorry. I missed it." said Matt.

"Where were you?" asked Sarah.

"It's not important." said Matt. "Where's Chloe?"

"She went out to find you. isn't she with you?" asked Jason.

"What?" said Matt.

He became frantic and moved around the party hall looking for her. She wasn't there. He ran around inside the hotel looking for her. After a good hour was wasted inside he moved outside.

"Where are you?" he thought.

She was no where to be found. He also noticed that the driver he had hired was not there anymore. He tried to call the driver, but the cell phone was switched off. He asked the Valet outside the hotel to fetch him a taxi. He had to wait for a good 20 minutes before a taxi came up. His heart was racing. He got in and gave the taxi driver the address. All the way over, his heart kept beating like it was on over-drive.

Once he was home, he moved inside looking for her.

"CHLOE!! CHLOE!!" he cried out. There was no response. He moved upstairs into the bedroom. Her bags were gone. He felt dismayed and fell on the bed. On the nightstand he noticed an envelope with his name on it. He picked it up and opened it. It was a letter.

Dear Matt,

The best kind of love to have in ones life, is the one the heart wants. Yours still wants Shannon. I don't know if what we have shared over the past few days has been real or not, but you deserve to be with someone better. The true meaning of sacrifice is to watch the one you love happy in the arms of someone else. Which is why I cant stay here any longer. I hope that you have a good life and that maybe one day in the future we can run into each other, sharing whatever happiness we have found in our lives. Goodbye.

Love,

Chloe

Matt had tears in his eyes. His heart was broken. Shattered into a million pieces.

10 MONTHS LATER

"It looks busy." said Karen.

"I know." said Chloe.

"Can you believe it, we finally have our own Coffee Shop!" said Karen.

Chloe smiled at Karen's enthusiasm.

"Is only been a week since its opened but it looks good right now! I really hope we succeed!" said Karen.

"Yes. I hope so too. We have worked really hard at this. Let's hope for the best." said Chloe.

"I hope so too partner!" beamed Chloe.

Karen was making sure that everything at the ordering station was going smoothly. Chloe moved around to make sure all the people in the coffee shop were happy. She walked across the room happy to be receiving good feedback. Just as she was turning and walking across the room, she received a surprise.

"Chloe!" said a voice.

It was Sarah & Jason!

"Sarah. Jason." said Chloe.

"What are you doing here?" asked Sarah.

"I own this place, with a friend." said Chloe.

"It's so great to see you Chloe." said Jason. "You seem to be doing well."

"It's only been a week since we've been open." said Chloe. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well Jason was in town on business and I came in to check up on Matt." said Sarah.

"Oh." said Chloe, her expression dulling down a bit. Sarah noticed that the mere mention of her brother had somewhat dampened Chloe's spirits.

"We need to talk. Jason, why don't you get us some coffee." said Sarah.

Jason went over to the ordering station and waited in line to get some coffee's. Sarah and Chloe moved over to an empty table and sat down.

"How have you really been?" asked Sarah.

"What do you mean?" asked Chloe.

"The mere mention of Matt just changed the expression on your face." said Sarah.

"I am fine." said Chloe.

"Why don't I believe you." said Sarah.

"No. I am fine. I really am!" said Chloe.

Chloe tried to hide her emotions. But Sarah could see right through her. Sarah's stare was burning a hole into her heart.

"How is Matt?" asked Chloe.

"Where have you been? That day you just up and left! All you left was a letter. Matt was literally in pieces when I saw him that night." said Sarah.

"What?" said Chloe.

"He's heartbroken. He's shunned the whole world away. At first he drowned himself in his work. But that just wasn't cutting it. He's almost become a recluse now. He's alone, and very lonely. He hardly even gets out of the house anymore, even to go to work."

"What? But I thought after I left he would be happy with Shannon?" said Chloe.

"Shannon? Why would he want her?" said Sarah.

"But I saw him kissing Shannon when I went off to find him." said Chloe.

"Well he isn't with her. I can assure you. My brother told me everything. Everything about you, what you did, everything that happened that day. And one thing my brother has never done... is lied to me or anyone else ever." said Sarah.

Chloe sat there confused. "But..."

"Listen, I don't judge you for who you are or were or what you did for a living. It's not my place. But I cant watch my brother waste everything he has built. He is devastated that you left him." said Sarah.

Chloe had tears in her eyes. She couldn't control it.

"That day you saw them kissing? Shannon was hammered. In her drunken state she wanted Matt back. Matt admitted to kissing her but he didn't want her to. He knew it was wrong. He only wants you. He loves you. And I know you love him. So I ask you, why are you doing this. Why are you ruining two lives." said Sarah.

"I thought he wanted her. I thought he kissed her because he wanted her back." said Chloe.

"The only one he wants in his life is you Chloe." said Jason. He was back and put down the cups of coffee.

"I am no expert at love. But I have never seen a connection so deep between two people." said Sarah.

"We know you love him Chloe. Don't you think you owe it to him and to yourself. Didn't you write in that letter 'The only love worth having in life is the one the heart wants'..." said Jason.

"He wouldn't want to be with me anymore. After all that's happened." said Chloe as the tears continued to stream down her face.

"Love IS all you need! Love can move oceans & mountains. The only one he wants is you." said Jason.

"Where is he?" asked Chloe.

"Last year he had purchased a small farmhouse out in the country. It's about an hour out of the city. Hes been there for a few months now." said Sarah.

Chloe stared down at the floor. Matt didn't want Shannon. He had wanted her all along. He had never said it, but he loved her. She knew deep in her hear, that she still loved him. She would always love him. No other man would ever come close to Matt. She thought hard. After a few minutes she got up from the chair.

"Take me to him." she said.

It was late afternoon. Matt was in the kitchen making something to eat. He couldn't decide what he wanted. He had some left over canned soup and put it into a bowl and put it into the microwave to heat it. He stood there in the kitchen scratching his beard. He had lost a few pounds and wasn't much to look at. His hair was messy and he hadn't shaved in a while. He looked out the window and saw clouds forming. It was going to rain.

"It hasn't rained in a while." he thought to himself.

The microwave beeped and he quickly opened it. The soup was hot. He picked up a spoon and some bread and walked out onto the porch of an old and rustic but charming little farm house. He had been living here for a while and didn't want to be in the city. He wanted to get away. He sat down on the stairs of the porch and drank his soup and had some bread. The weather looked appropriate for his mood.

He sat in silence with his thoughts as he finished his lunch. There was an incredible sadness and emptiness that had filled his soul. His thoughts would betray him and always go back to Chloe. He was bitter at first for her leaving. But he had learned to tear the bitterness apart and live with it. Just as he thought, it started to rain. He didn't want to get wet so he went inside and kept the bowl on top a big pile of dirty dishes. He was about to move into the living room, when he heard a car pull up outside the house.

He opened the door and walked outside. There was a car that had stopped and a blonde figure had come out and was walking towards the door.

He walked further ahead and got the shock of his life. It was Chloe!

She ran up to him.

He stood there in silence as she approached him. Tears down her eyes as she saw what 10 months away had done to him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I ran into your sister." said Chloe.

Just then Sarah and Jason got out of the car. Matt looked over and saw his sister and brother in law give him a smile.

"I thought you didn't want to be with me?" he said.

"I would rather spend an entire lifetime in your arms, than live life alone." said Chloe.

Matt grabbed her and they hugged.

He picked her up in his arms. She ran her hands on his face.

"I don't ever want to be away from you for another minute!" said Chloe.