Madness in the Method Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Perhaps we shall meet again, Monsieur No-Name. Should that day arrive, you won't find me so

generous," said Thenardier.

There was a pause with the scene frozen before the curtain covered everything. The audience rose in unison to applaud the first act. The sound of the clapping reverberated through the lofty hall, bouncing off the old walls for a long time before dying down. The first act had been a resounding success, leaving the audience breathless with anticipation for the rest.

Behind the curtain, there was frantic activity. People went about taking props off and replacing them with new ones. Katrina felt a pair of hands grasp hers and slowly raise her to her feet. She hugged Adair tightly, struggling not to kiss him.

"Let's go backstage. We need to talk," said Adair grimly.

Katrina had taken more than the required dose of her meds, but she still felt a tingling sensation crawl over her skin. She had not told anyone what she overheard that day in the abandoned library extension. Silently, she followed his lead as he walked with her to the very back of the theatre. The others were too busy with their respective engagements to notice them.

They stopped and he turned to face her with a serious look. Katrina leaned forward to kiss him, but he avoided her lips.

"Katrina, I want to tell you something and I need you to hear me out."

She lifted her eyes to his, shimmering with love and the faint trace of dread. Flashes from her previous relationships flitted before her eyes like a painful highlight reel. She used all her mental faculties to steel herself for what was coming. He took a deep breath and started.

"There is no easy way for me to tell you this," he said. "I thought over how to say it, but then I realized the best way is to just tell it to you straight."

Katrina felt her pulse race. Conversations beginning like this rarely ended well. Her tender lips began to tremble. Half of her wanted to run and not hear the rest, but her feet were rooted to the spot.

"I'm sorry but this thing between us has to end now," he said in a sombre tone. "I can't leave my wife. It wouldn't be fair to her."

There was silence. Kat felt as if a sabre had been thrust right through her heart. For a few seconds, her heart forgot to beat. The blood in her veins refused to flow and her stomach turned. Her vision became blurry around the edges and those words played in her head in a deafeningly loud loop. Adair continued, placing a comforting hand on each of her shoulders.

"I have been married for twenty years, Katrina," he said. "That's longer than you have been alive. A bond that has lasted so long deserves another chance."

She wanted to say something, but her mouth simply opened and closed like a goldfish and nothing discernible came out. Her mind was completely numb. Thoughts refused to coalesce and words refused to form.

"You were a temptation of youth that I couldn't resist. A forbidden fruit. When you came onto me that first time, you made me feel young again and I just had to have you," he said, looking straight into her eyes.

He paused and scanned Kat's face for a reaction. Nothing showed.

"You're a beautiful woman, Katrina," he reiterated. "But my wife is beautiful too. She has given me so much over the past two decades. Every moment of our affair has torn me apart with guilt. I can't live with that guilt any more."

There was still no response.

"I have to go now, Katrina," he said. "It's almost time for the next act. Your part is over. You should go back to your dorm and rest."

Adair walked past and stopped abruptly when she clutched a handful of his robe and held on entreatingly. He looked up her body to her eyes and saw them shimmering with wetness, threatening to burst in a saline flood of emotion.

"Hayden..." she said, finally finding words. "Please don't go..."

"I'm sorry, Katrina," he repeated, shaking her hand off. "So sorry."

He left Katrina standing there, feeling every inch the whore she was dressed as.

Slowly, she found some motion in her legs. Her eyes were bursting to the seams with tears, but she could not cry. She had lost the ability to feel. Her legs moved on their own, guiding her to the back exit. Then she broke down and ran.

Katrina ran through the night, over the deserted lawn. She fled from the theatre and finally let flecks of her tears fall on the grass with the dew. Once again she had been used. This time, it was somehow worse. Her heart had been ripped to shreds once more. It was not new. It had happened often enough for her to think she would not feel pain any more. Instead, she felt even more pain every time.

She ran through the trees and hedges. If any branches or twigs cut into her arms, she didn't notice, or simply put, she didn't care.

Finally, she paused under a yew tree, out of breath. At last, she tasted the salt of tears flowing down her cheeks, reminding her she had some emotion left.

* *

"How come you're back so soon?" Edie asked, mortified at seeing Katrina's dishevelled form at the door.

"Is that cocaine?" Kat managed to squeeze out between gasps. Edie had trails of white powder on a plate and she was preparing a dollar roll.

"Yes," she confessed. "I know one of the cops at the station and he gave me a few grams from Noah's stash."

There was silence as Katrina locked the door behind her. Edie spoke up in a small voice.

"You aren't going to tell on me, right?"

"No," said Kat. "But I want some of that."

"What?!"

"I want to snort some coke too," she repeated evenly.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes," she said. "I need some. Badly."

"What happened?" Edie asked.

"None of your business," snarled Katrina. "Do I get some or should the RA know what you've been up to?"

"No wait!" said Edie, alarmed. "Fine. You can have some."

"Good. Now where is that strap-on Lena bangs your sweet little pussy with?"

Edie stared at her in shock.

"Don't play innocent, Edie," Katrina said. "I've seen the two of you together. Now where is it?"

"Bottom drawer," was the tepid reply. Katrina fetched it and strapped it around herself. The grief had now morphed into a very dangerous angst and Edie was about to feel all of it.

"On your knees, bitch," Kat growled. She waited for Edie to get into position before ripping the girl's thong down to her knees. She placed the tip of the plastic at Edie's lower lips and traced it. Holding her hips, Katrina slammed it all the way in with one powerful thrust.

Edie screamed. Katrina moved her hips from side to side, swerving the plastic inside her friend.

"Cut us two lines of cocaine. Put my line on a small paper and pass it up here."

Even with her friend inside her, Edie nodded and did the needful. Katrina took the paper with her cocaine and put it on Edie's back.

"Let's snort," she said wickedly.

Together, they inhaled their respective batches of cocaine. Katrina felt the euphoric high taking her. Her pupils dilated and rolled back. Blood rushed through her body, spreading the cocktail of addictive pleasure throughout her system. Her body became hotter and her heartbeat shot up. Her nervous system was on fire and her body passed into a sensory overload before she felt the welcome hazy numbness taking over. Her hands returned to her friend's hips and she began to pound her hard.

Edie squealed in pleasure and her own cocaine high. Katrina took out all the rage in her system on Edie's pussy, ravaging it with a brutal and relentless series of thrusts. Each time she pulled out before slamming the dildo almost entirely back inside her friend. Her rhythm became faster and more erratic.

Katrina kept up her piston-like motions until Edie screamed loudly and came all over the dildo. With the plastic still embedded deep inside her, they collapsed in a tangle of sweaty bodies. Kat saw Edie give a lop-sided grin despite the obvious burning feeling in her loins. The cocaine had probably taken the edge off.

"How did you get the cop to give it to you?" Katrina said between gasps, still buzzed.

"I let him sodomize me in his cruiser," Edie giggled, she was also still high.

"Sodomize you, eh?" Kat shot back naughtily. "How about I sodomize you too?"

"That sounds fun."

"Cut us two more lines and I'll get right on it."

* *

The light was warm and fuzzy. Katrina felt the warmth tickle her body. She squirmed on her bed, feeling the warmth on her skin. Her eyes opened to a hazy view of whiteness all around her. There were some silhouettes of people talking in the distance.

She tried to stretch her arms, but there was a twinge of pain. She blinked and looked down to see an IV drip sticking out from her wrist. She blinked again and looked around. Her surroundings were the interiors of a hospital ward. She was hooked to a drip and a number of machines.

"She's finally conscious," said a voice.

Two figures in white rushed over to her. One of them held her eye open and flashed a pencil torch into her pupils to check her response.

"Katrina, how do you feel?" he asked.

"Where am I?" she asked groggily.

"In the hospital," the other doctor said. "Your dorm friends rushed you in here last night."

"What?" she said in a weak voice.

"They found you and your roommate unconscious from cocaine overdose. It was a miracle they got you here in time."

"Where's Edie?" she asked, suddenly remembering her roommate.

The doctors looked at each other and then back at her. She stared at them blankly.

"I'm sorry," one of them said finally. "We tried, but we could not save her. She died last night."

Kat was stunned with horror. She collapsed back on the bed and an intermittent beeping sound indicated that her pulse was going haywire. Nurses rushed to her and began preparing their syringes with the necessary drugs. The doctors gave some orders and slowly watched her stabilize.

She closed her eyes and prayed for the darkness to last forever. Sadly, it wouldn't. Cocaine withdrawal caused nightmares. Then she would have to awaken bodily, but her nightmares wouldn't end.

They never did.

* *