Making It Up As We Go: A Sequel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Max went on trial, having been charged with even more crimes than I was aware of. Apparently, state and federal agencies were also very interested in some of his rather shady dealings. By the time it was all said and done, he was disbarred, and sentenced to death. He now sits on death row as his appeals make their way through the court system.

Mary was also charged in Dad's murder and ended up with a life sentence. Rebecca was found guilty of being an accomplice and was also sentenced to life in prison. Both of them would be eligible for parole in 15 years, I was told.

The case prompted a media circus after Max's parentage became known. Blumenthal denied any connection to Max, but the allegations made it all but impossible for him to remain on the bench. He eventually retired, but was still dogged by the media.

Unfortunately, little James and Elizabeth were hit the hardest. In a very short period of time, they lost both their Mom-mom and Pop-pop, their names for my parents. They also lost their Uncle Max, who they loved dearly, and their mother. Angela and Julie arranged counseling for them -- and for me.

Being a full-time single dad as well as the owner of a successful business is no easy matter, as I quickly learned. I hired a nanny to help with the kids as I worked, but realized that was no substitute for a mother. I tried dating, but found I suffered from serious trust issues and was unable to connect with anyone the way I had with Rebecca.

Maybe one day, I'll find a woman I can love -- and trust. But I'm not pushing the issue. Right now, I'm happy to be alive and to have my two children. I suppose in the long run, I'll just keep doing what I have been doing -- making it up as I go.

...

Fade to black...