Marriage is a Contract

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was shocked at myself. My marriage was not just an open one, but a marriage of convenience, not a love match, as Deanna herself once noted. I knew that this day was probably coming, even if a long time in the making. Yet, here I was, choked up, fighting back tears, tearing up a punching bag in the spare bedroom, and downing my favorite beer before getting out the Scotch from the liquor fridge. For the first time since Deanna and I agreed to this unorthodox arrangement, I felt real agony, true jealousy, and absolute, gut-wrenching despair...and loneliness.

The various people gathered had heard rumors of our unconventional marriage before, but since I had two women living with me and two on the side, it was harder to label me a wimp or cuckold as they would under other circumstances. Even so, the brazen disrespect that Robbie had shown me at my own anniversary disgusted more than a few of them, leading to several heated whispers and glares directed at the man. This was a very important, family occasion, one to celebrate Deanna's and my marriage, and here her paramour was raining on our parade, treading on what had been understood as sacred ground and my territory.

Evidently, they weren't alone, as I was to find out, though I didn't realize this in my depressed and self-pitying black hole of drinking and rage. Robbie went further than he already did, knowing that he had nothing to lose by now. He went on one knee and opened a small box, in which he revealed two weeks' salary that he must have saved up on a small, but lovely diamond ring...and I mean REAL diamond, not cubic zirconium! Robbie might have been a jerk, but give him credit, when he committed to making Deanna all his now, he went all-out and really gave it his best. He also gave Deanna flowers that he had concealed inside his truck until minutes before.

"Deanna...Hill, will you admit that we've played this game of hurting each other long enough? Will you marry me? I'm sorry that I waited this long, but I had to grow up first. I have now, though. Please, make me happy. I will be a good father to your kids, too. Just marry me," Robbie popped the question at last, while I was buried in my pain and not there to stop him.

That was the moment of truth, and while I feared and rightfully guessed what Robbie intended, I could never have anticipated the response. While I sat there in my agony and sorrow, my bitter solitude, my heart breaking as I accepted the truth at last...I was in love with my wife...and yes, with her sister, Deanna did the totally unexpected. She took a step back from Robbie, and taking Erin's hand for moral support, shook her head.

"NO!" she shouted emphatically at her boyfriend, making everyone watching stand in awe at Deanna's sudden show of backbone, her defiance of the man who everyone thought had such a powerful hold on her.

"No? Why not? I love you! I grew up to finally be good enough for you! I paid so much for this ring, for these flowers, for you! I risked embarrassment to ask you to marry me! You kissed me back...with love, too! Why not? Are you bound that strongly to Sam, because he's the father of your children? He's still got Erin...and Annette...and Darley! Why, Deanna? Isn't this what you've always wanted from me, why you married him to make me jealous and to have the kids that I couldn't give you? Please, tell me, why, honey?" Robbie expressed real shock at Deanna, standing up to him at last and refusing his proposal of marriage.

"No, Robbie! I have my family! I have my husband! I have the father of my children! You had me once, yes, and you have had such power over me, so much of a hold, but that was...then. This is now. I have my man. I have my sister-wife, too. You had your chance! You made me wait too long, far too long, Robbie! I don't need or want a boy who only grows up when he realizes what he's about to lose. I want, I need, a man, who willingly, gladly, makes me his partner in life, and yes, I'm happy to share him with my sister!

"I know that I gave you that kiss, but that was due to my love overcoming my good sense. I hurt my husband, and, yes, I love him, too. The difference is the kind of love that I feel for him, versus what I feel for you. I love him...and respect him. I know that I didn't show respect just then, but that was the heat of the moment and the total shock that you did that. I didn't have time to sort things out, but now I get it...seeing him run away in such pain. Did you not see him? Did you not think of what he might feel? Did you even care what this might do to him, especially in front of OUR CHILDREN!

"What the fuck is the matter with you, Robbie? Yes, I love you, but right now, I don't like you very much. I certainly don't respect you. I know what you said before, but that goes to show what a man child you are! What the hell is the matter with you? I repeat that, because you seem to have taken leave of your senses. Did you really think that I would just...walk out on him, accept your proposal, and break his heart at our anniversary party, even if I was willing to do so elsewhere, and no, I wasn't! Why have you wasted my time? Why did I waste my time with you?

"Just do me a favor...and leave! I need to have a long think with myself over whether or not I even want to be your girlfriend anymore. No, scratch that! I don't have to think about it. We're over. Goodbye, Robbie. Maybe, just maybe, we might be friends someday, but for now, I'm not too sure about that. I can't fucking believe you! I don't even believe myself! That man gave me eight years of his life, his blood, sweat, and tears, his comfort, his solace, his loving arms to hold me at night and wipe away my tears when you repeatedly hurt me. That man gave me four children, eight counting my nieces and nephew. That man treated me with nothing but love and respect. I repaid him poorly for it, but I was a fool, forever wanting the man who I couldn't really have, because he hadn't grown up yet.

"I thought that it was just a marriage of convenience, but no man would do all that for mere convenience. He loves...is in love with me, and I am in love with him! So is my sister, for that matter! He has more love and commitment and loyalty in his pinky than you have in your whole heart! Just go...Robbie! Leave me be and let me save my marriage from my own folly! Just leave! I'm even madder with you than I was when you made me wait for you at the barbershop eight years ago. That time, you only ruined my day. This time, you ruined my husband's...and my children's," Deanna threw his diamond ring back at him.

"By the way, if you really knew me, you'd know that I HATE real diamonds! They're mined on the backs of suffering orphans and widows in Africa! Sam wouldn't have to be told this! Go...just leave! I'm so angry at you...and myself that I want to grab your brass knuckles to beat you half to death!" Deanna told Robbie, as he fled in embarrassment, anger, and misery, having lost her for good.

"Mommy, are you leaving Daddy for Uncle Robbie?" Amber asked Deanna, who shook her head and hugged her tight.

"No, baby. Never! The only way that I'd ever leave is if your Daddy tossed me out, and as mad as I might have made him just now, I still don't think that he'd do that. He's too good of a man for that. Uncle Robbie's a good man, too, but he's also a bit...silly and childish at times. I didn't know that before...not how bad he was that way, anyway. Now I do. Your father is the man that I love...more than any other man alive, and I'm going to spend the rest of my life proving that to him. Shhh...don't worry, baby. Mommy's not going anywhere," Deanna told each of our children in her arms, right as Erin did the same to our children by her, wiping their eyes dry and ruffling their hair.

I heard a knock at the door some time later, and I answered it, not quite myself, as I had already broken down crying and drinking like a fish. I even tossed a bottle at the door and shattered it. I was truly shaken up, as broken to pieces as that bottle. I didn't know how much I loved my wife until I was sure that I lost her. Now I was devastated by that one kiss that Robbie planted on her...and which she reciprocated with equal ardor. Seeing Deanna in my present state, with Erin busy watching the kids right then, I was sure that this was it...the dreaded day of reckoning, the end of eight years of happiness with at least one of the women I loved. Would I even have Erin anymore, or would she leave me, too? In my present state of anguish and loss, I wasn't even sure of her now.

"Dee...I'll...leave the master bedroom to you...and to Erin if she wants to still sleep there. I'll stay in this room and resume my occupancy of the master bedroom when you've moved out. I'll buy out your share, too, if you're offering a reasonable price for it. Let's...just try to make this easy on the kids, as much as we can. Do you want to file...or should I? I know that Robbie doesn't make as much money, so I don't want to make things too...tough on you guys, given that you'll need money for when the kids are with you," I asked Deanna, whose face paled as I spoke those words and she broke down sobbing.

"Damn you, Sam Hill! You really have no idea, do you? Men, so fucking dense about women! Don't you dare move out of our bedroom! You promised me that you'd stay with Erin and I'm holding you to your word. If you move out of the master bedroom, she'd have to join you in the guest room here, and that's no place for a lady. You're not abandoning my sister...and I'm NOT deserting you! You don't get off that easily, Mister Samuel Adams Hill!

"Don't you get it? Yes, I hurt you by kissing Robbie, and various other things over the years, I fear. Mostly watching me suffer, helplessly, at his hands. His cruel sweetness and love, merciless as it was, wrenching my guts and breaking my heart every day. Your empathy must have tormented you repeatedly over the years. Yes, I'm very sorry about that. But a marriage is a contract, damn it, and I'm keeping it...and holding you to it! I see now...a lot of things that I failed to see before.

"I see that this marriage, with you, was the best thing that I ever did, that and having your children, and sharing you with Erin. Making this life together. I was such a fool, Sam, thinking that I could have just a, what did I call it, 'friendship with benefits' with you, while living as your wife! How could I marry my good, lifelong friend, my best friend, and not expect to fall in love with him? That's just not possible, honey! How could I expect him not to fall in love with me, when I was throwing everything but the kitchen sink into our lives together, the family that we made, the home that we built together?

"To think...I didn't quite fully grasp this until today, but what I had was two men who loved me, but differently...and I selfishly let myself and you think that his love for me was more important to me than yours. I held onto my childish fantasy of being his, for years on end, even as we lived our real life, our real marriage, having children, oh, God, what I could have put them through if I had gone through with this foolishness! As cliche as it sounds, I missed the forest for the trees. I was blind to the real love that you gave me, veiled by my obsession with a man who never loved me as more than his personal toy!

"It's not wrong to have lovers, of course. I don't regret the open marriage, the polygamy thing...I don't regret ethical non-monogamy. But what I did to you wasn't ethical. It was not right. What I did to Erin was wrong, too. Not what you did. You loved us both without expectations, conditions, or reservations. You loved Annette the same way...and even Darley to an extent, once you got over your anger at her actions...but what I did...how I treated you was far worse than what Darley ever did.

"And for that, baby, I apologize deeply and beg you for your forgiveness. I'll do it publicly, too, since you were embarrassed and humiliated by that kiss, though I never intended to shame you like that. No, what I did was horrible...abusive...awful. I selfishly took, took, and took from you, from you, from Erin, and from Annette...and even from Darley. Every time that Robbie let me down, hurt me, broke my heart, I used you for solace, both as a friend and as my husband, never thinking of what it would cost you.

"I got some food for thought from Mom, of course, from what she said to me, and that was like a punch in the gut for me, trust me on that. Still, it didn't fully come to its radical, and painfully logical conclusion, until Robbie popped the question today, with that dangerous kiss of his, and that stupid ring of his...Oh, God, I could kill him for patronizing the diamond industry alone, but that's nothing next to the disrespect that he showed my husband, my sister-wife, me, and most of all, our children...our happy home.

"After you didn't even press charges for him hitting you years ago with the brass knuckles, which I'm glad that you didn't suffer any lasting harm from it. After you invited him back into our home so many times. After you shared my body and my heart with him so often over the years, giving without hesitation...he had the utter gall to do that to you! I've never been so embarrassed in my life to have ever been in love with that man or even considered making a life with him! Such utter ingratitude and disrespect...so total thoughtlessness and selfishness!

"I...broke it off with him, Sam. It's over. The affair is over. I ended my long-term romance with my high school sweetheart for you...for us, because he no longer respected my boundaries or our marriage, if he ever really did. I don't want a divorce, honey. I want my husband...our husband, Erin's and mine. You're OUR husband and we're keeping you, right, Erin?" Deanna called out to Erin, who had settled the children down for now with a movie.

I'm afraid that my knees gave out in utter shock, even as the ladies pulled me up and each gave me a kiss that would melt Jack Frost, let alone me. I gave them both back very tender kisses, very real, painful, powerful kisses, full of real passion, real hunger and need. These were my women, the ladies that I loved. They were mine...and I was keeping them, damn it! If Robbie ever set foot in my house again, he'd better respect my marriage, or else, he'd get worse than he ever imagined from me, as I physically kicked him out, boots applied firmly to his lard ass!

"Oh...God, I really thought that you were...leaving me for him...after that kiss! I was so sure of it! I feared that even Erin might leave me, too," I thought aloud, my eyes bloodshot with Scotch and sorrow.

"Never...honey! From now on, we're putting you first in ways that we never did before. Erin, do me a favor and call Annette...and then Darley, please? High time that we gave them a chance to stay with us. We've never been very fair to them, either. Now we can be. Robbie cast a long shadow over our marriage, but no more. Those days are over. What do you say to renewing our vows, and soon? We'll tie the knot with you, and even give your other ladies the chance to marry you publicly at last. We owe them...and you so much. The fact that I didn't share Robbie with Erin should have been my first clue, but I just didn't pay attention to the warning signs," Deanna told me with a very loving kiss, ignoring the liquor on my breath as I ignored it on hers.

"Okay, but no more topping from the bottom today. You've done enough of that for one day, don't you think?" I told my wife with a savage grin, pulling her into the bedroom and closing the door just enough to keep things private without discouraging Erin.

"Whatever you want, Master...whatever You want," Deanna said it in such a way that I could mentally picture the capitalized Y in her words.

"Yeah, well, you owe me a very good lay, but first, I'm spanking your naughty ass!" I took my lovely wife over my knee, making her giggle as she weakly objected to my hands smacking her smooth, sweet buns.

"Yes, tonight, at least, I'm yours. I'm the slave this time for sure. I owe you that much, baby...er, Master!" Deanna squealed and squirmed as I began swatting her in earnest.

"Count them, slut!" I ordered her, "and then plead for more with each slap!"

Deanna did just that, even as Erin walked in on us and closed the door behind us, kissing my mouth with a heat that told me everything that I needed to know about her...she was ever loyal, never going to let me down or ever betray me as her sister had done. It was a natural progression for us to end up on the guest bed, our arms and legs tangled in the nude as we shed our clothes and began fucking in a mess of flesh. For the first time since being together, Erin and Deanna made love as I did the same to them...they committed lesbian incest, now making our V a complete triad at last.

It was the culmination of eight years of our growing love, and so it was natural, not pornographic, not forced on the girls...they bonded with each other through their shared and mutual love for me and our life together...our marriage. As with our first ever threesome, I lost track of how many times we fucked or made love or whatever. I lost track of how many times I swapped back and forth between them and neither of them complained, nor did I mind when they slipped me a little blue friend to help me out. I didn't worry about tomorrow then...I fucked and coupled with both ladies with complete abandon.

Two hours later, we rose from the bed, and looked up to see that we had company. Annette and Darley had been watching us for some time now, their packed bags already in the guest room with us. I rose and met their lips with loving kisses for each of them, ghosting a question that both of them answered silently. They were mine, too. I had my harem, after so many years of pain and torture, of deep emotional distress and misery at the hands of my wife's selfish and vain boyfriend. I had them...safe with me, safe in my arms, free to be mine completely at last. I wasn't quite up to banging them yet, as I had to put the little ones up for the night, so I had to get dressed and speak to them, reassure them that the future for them would be as happy as they had known. There would be time for Annette and Darley to get their next turns with me soon enough.

Once decent, I left the guest bedroom and went to each of the children's rooms, hugging them and soothing whatever worries they still had. One thing brought me up short, though, when little Benny pleaded with me, "not to kick Mommy out, just because she was bad. We do bad things and you don't kick us out, right?"

"Benny, my boy, there's no way that I'd do that to your Mommy, okay? Yes, she did a bad thing, but she and I have talked it over, and you remember how I hug you whenever I punish you, right after I do it, just to remind you that I still love you? Well, I hugged your Mommy, too, afterward. I forgave her, okay? I love your Mommy far too much to kick her out just for doing bad things, okay, kid?" I hugged him and kissed his forehead as he began to get sleepy and doze off.

Once I was done reassuring my kids and tucking them in, I reported to the master bedroom, where Annette and Darley waited. I was very glad for the little blue pill right then, especially as Deanna winked at me and Erin blew me a kiss. They then took out their vibrators and jilled off while watching me take my newest wives to bed and consummate my union with them. They watched eagerly, with every wondrous stroke, every thrust inside my third and fourth wives, my cock strained and sore, yet delighting in getting Darley and Annette in a threesome at last. Their warm, slick twats were just what the doctor ordered, too, lathing me with their slippery wetness and sweet juices, even as their owners moved their hips with a vengeance.