Mature Man & Maiden Maureen Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Figuring she already knew; I told her why I slept with her mother.

"Carol was different. I felt closer to you when I had sex with your mother," I said as my justification for having sex with her sister, her best friend and, now, her mother.

Again, I gave her the opportunity to come forward, as she had that night when she died. Remaining silent, I waited to see if she'd show herself to me, as I imagined she did before. Waiting and listening, I continued talking to her, even after I heard no response, felt nothing, and sensed nothing.

"I'm sorry that I slept with your mother. Just as with Colleen, with Gwen, and with your mother, it was the three of us finding comfort. I was the conduit. I was the attraction. They came here to me. They sought me out in their loneliness and in my despair. We all helped one another to live through another day without you. Do you understand? I hope you do."

Again, I listened, while waiting for a response and hoping to receive a sign of her presence. Except for the ticking of the clock and the sound of the rustling leaves from the breeze that blew through the trees outside, it was so unnervingly quiet and still. I waited hoping she'd let me know that she was there with me

I looked around the expanse of the big room searching for a sign. I looked for anything that told me that I was correct in my instincts. I closed my eyes, put my head back, and focused my mind on the hereafter hoping to hear her voice.

# # #

"I felt her, too," said a voice from behind me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Jesus, Carol, you scared the shit out of me," I said putting my hand to my chest.

I flopped down in my chair. I was so lightheaded. My heart pounded in my chest. I thought I was going to faint. At that moment in time, Carol's voice sounded exactly like her daughter, Maureen.

'Oh, my God.'

I thought it was Maureen talking to me from beyond.

"I'm sorry, Mark," said Carol stepping in the room and taking a chair across from me. "I felt her, too," she said again while looking around the living room and up at the ceiling.

I looked up at the ceiling with her.

"As soon as I walked in your house, I knew she was here with you. I sensed her. I could feel her. I didn't want to say anything for fear you'd think me crazy. I was waiting for you to say something," she said.

She looked around the room again and up at the ceiling.

"The sense of her here is unbelievable and undeniable. She's here. She's here with you. I know she is. She has always been here with you."

I looked at Maureen's mother with disbelief.

"You did? Really? You felt her? You think she's here? You think she's here with me now," I said.

I gave her a hard look wondering if she really felt her or if she was just saying that to make me feel better. Maybe, not wanting me to think that I was crazy and had lost my mind over the death of her daughter, she told me what I wanted to hear. Yet, something told me that she sensed the spirit of her daughter, too.

"She's here, Mark. She's here. I know she's here," she said, again looking around the room as would a paranormal psychic. "I know my daughter. I feel her. She's here with you now," she said with tears flowing from her eyes.

# # #

Again, the hair stood up on my arms and I had goose bumps and a cold chill. She spotted the broken picture peeking out from behind the sofa.

"There's your sign," she said pointing to the picture. "I imagine that was all she could give you to..."

Ready to tell her what happened, I interrupted her.

"The night she died," I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

I paused for what felt like an eternity before I spoke again.

"She was here."

She leaned forward in her chair wanting to hear more.

"Here? She was?" She reached in her pocket of her skirt for a tissue. "Tell me. Why did you think she was here?"

I stared at her. Carol looked as much like Gwen as she looked like Maureen. Suddenly, I wanted to take her to bed. I wanted to have sex with her again.

"She came to me," I said taking a big breath and looking up at the ceiling and not wanting to cry. "She came to me that night after she died," I said looking at her and making eye contact. "She was here," I said allowing the tears to fall from my eyes like water falling from a faucet.

Carol lightly sobbed in her tissue. I wanted to go to her and comfort her but I needed to finish what I started saying. I needed to tell her what happened that night. I needed to do it now, while I still had the strength and this was the right time to do it.

# # #

"I thought it was her coming home. I didn't think anything of it. I even heard the key in the door at least, I thought I did. Maybe, I imagined I did. I don't know. I don't know what's real anymore."

Interrupting my thoughts, I looked over at her, again. No longer sitting like a lady, she had her knees parted enough to continually show flash me of the tops of her nylons, her garter belt, and her white panties. Then, when she leaned forward, she not only showed me her long line of sexy cleavage but also, she showed me her low-cut bra. Even though I've seen her topless and naked, seeing upskirt peeks and down-blouse views of her sexy and shapely body made me horny.

"I remember it was a surreal night, a night with a full moon, and with a sudden strong wind that picked up just before she arrived." I took a breath and relaxed. "Now, I know what they mean when they say, look what the wind blew in because the spirit of her came riding in on that wind."

I looked over at her crying and she looked up at me. The look in her eyes told me that she wanted me to continue. She wanted to hear what I had to say. She wanted to know more about what happened that night after the death of her daughter.

"She greeted the dogs downstairs. I heard the familiar playfulness of the dogs in the way they both act around her. They loved her, and she loved them," I said.

I paused to look over at her leaning forward in her chair. With the hem of her short skirt raised to the middle of her thighs and the plunging neckline of her blouse hanging forward, she continued giving me upskirt and down-blouse flashes of her sexy lingerie.

# # #

"Yet, the funny thing is," I said continuing telling her about that night. "Even though she greeted the dogs, giving them love, and playing with them, I never heard her voice. Distinctly, I remember trying to listen to hear the sound of her voice but I didn't hear it. As if her voice was far off, I heard her voice in my mind," I said.

I looked over at Carol for a sign that she wanted me to continue. I know what I was telling her was bittersweet. It was just as upsetting as it was comforting to tell the mother about her deceased daughter's first moments of death after life.

"Please, continue, I want to hear all that you have to say. I must know what happened that night. Anything you can share with me now is a comfort and may mean so much to me later," she said while wiping tears from her eyes.

I nodded my head.

"Then, she came upstairs to the bedroom, undressed, and came to bed," I said.

I folded and unfolded my hands while trying to remember every detail. It felt as if it was yesterday when she passed. Yet, it was several months ago when she died. Filled with every memory of us walking our dogs through the dog park, my mind, maybe because of the grief, was dense with the memories of her.

"I remember that she didn't turn on the light, another thing that was odd for her. She always had lights blazing," I said with a chuckle. "I was always going around turning off lights after she left a room. Seemingly and suddenly, as if she could perfectly and clearly see in the dark, she no longer needed lights to see."

Carol laughed.

"Both of my daughters think that I have stock in the electric company," she said with a laugh.

We shared a laugh before I continued.

"She undressed in the dark, but I saw her silhouette and when she came to bed naked," I said. "I remember touching her but not touching her, feeling her but not feeling her. Whatever the sense of her was, I now realize that it wasn't in my mind or in my imagination. It was real. She was here. She was really here."

I looked at Carol intently listening to all that I had to tell her about her daughter.

"Do you know what I mean? Not that I remember it, it was by rote and by the memory of her in the way that we made love. Yes, I made love to her ghostly spirit. Still, it was her spirit and it was her," I said with tears flowing from my eyes.

I got up to get more tissues. I took some and handed the box to Carol. I looked at her before continuing. I realized that I was still naked and sitting on the edge of my chair, tense and upset. Instead, I should be happy that she's here with me. I leaned back in the comfort of my recliner, took a deep breath, and tried to relax. In the way that I had stared at her panties, she stared at my semi-erect cock.

"We made love and it was the best ever." I looked over at Carol. "Sorry," I said. "I don't mean to upset you."

She waved off my apology with her hand.

"No, please, that's okay. You're helping me by telling me what you know about her. I need to know everything that you can remember. Please continue," she said.

# # #

"Only, she seemed so very upset and I remember her being so very cold. Actually, I knew she was upset because she never spoke to me. Always, especially when we're making love, she's the chatty one. And I so much enjoyed that about her, about talking with her and sharing all of my sexual thoughts with her. Yet, not that night, though. That night, she was surreally quiet. She didn't say a word and I didn't press her to speak," I said.

I paused to recall every detail of that night.

"I remember that I figured she had a spat with you, her father, Gwen, or Colleen, which would explain why Colleen was home prematurely," I said. "I knew she was upset over something. Unbeknownst to me at the time, she was upset over her death, no doubt, now in hindsight."

I paused to look over at Carol to see how she was receiving my information. She smiled at me while nodding at me to continue.

"Again, I didn't press her to talk. We just held one another. We finally fell asleep. I awakened with a start. Colleen was sitting on my bed crying and telling me that there had been a horrible accident."

Not believing her, I called out to her.

"Maureen! Maureen!"

I fell quiet while looking at Carol.

"She came back to you, Mark. She loved you," she said reaching over and taking hold of my hand. "She must have really loved you to do whatever she had to do to find her way back to you."

She walked over to me and hugged me. As soon as she put her arms around me and pressed her big breasts against me, I had an erection. Incorrigible, it didn't take much for me to get sexually excited again. All that it took was for someone who looked like Dina Merrill and who had a body like Angie Dickerson, but with bigger tits, to hug me.

# # #

I'm so sorry for not overruling my husband and allowing you to come to her funeral. Please forgive me. Moreover, please don't beat yourself up and feel guilty about having sex with Colleen, Gwen, and with me. You gave us what we all needed to help us heal over the death of Maureen," she said.

Returning back to her chair, Carol looked at me and smiled.

"No matter, she's here with us now. I can feel her. Only, I don't know how long she'll stay. I don't know if she's here for good or temporarily. I don't know. I don't know anything," said Carol.

She sat quietly while staring off in the room. She was smiling. She looked relieved. She looked happy. She looked the happiest that I have seen her since she first arrived, then, she spoke again.

'I'm glad that I was able to give her some peace,' I thought.

"I'm glad she's returned, even if only in this form. I'm glad she's home with you now for however long," she said. She turned to me. "With the spirit of her here it's no longer so final a farewell. Now, I feel that I may have a chance to communicate with her," she said giving me another smile.

I nodded my head and returned her smile with my smile to show her that I agreed with her.

"I feel better knowing she's still around helping me to adjust to her death. I don't feel as empty, as I did before," I said.

She smiled again while looking up at the ceiling before setting her sight on me.

"I'm so glad that I came here for a visit and had a chance to meet you. Although, I never would have expected us to get so close so soon," she said with a laugh. "Yet, after what we went through with Maureen's death, it is understandable that we both sought comfort in whatever form we could, even sex." She looked at me and smiled again. "Sex is part of life after all."

I smiled at her again while nodding my head.

"Well, I am glad you were here to experience the feeling of her presence. Otherwise, had I been alone and the only one feeling her here, I'd be questioning my sanity," I said with a little laugh. "All of us, Gwen, Colleen, you, and I have been walking around like zombies without energy, and with bags under our eyes since Maureen died. Now, that Maureen has returned and is here with me, we can continue on with our lives knowing that she's okay," I said.

I stood.

"I need to get dressed. I need to make coffee and breakfast," I said.

Carol stood.

"You get dressed and I'll make coffee and breakfast.

To be continued...

12