Mid Life Crisis Book 01

Story Info
How Mr Average resolves issues in his mid life crisis.
36.3k words
4.72
28.1k
8

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/11/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

Charlie was approaching 43. His mid-life crisis was looming. His marriage was virtually over; the divorce court was surely just around the corner.

Where had the last 20 years gone?

Out of university at 22, the world at his fingertips, women to be seduced and loved and jobs and careers to be attacked with the energy that only a 'know it all' 22 year old could do.

Then there was Jane, one of what would probably be a number of post university flings. A few dates and a few sleepless nights of passion later, every thing was great....then the call....... "I'm late"......

Marriage came three months later,

Four months later Jessica was introduced to the world.

A steady nine to five job in a high street bank paid the bills, No fun but a secure job, so long as his fingers remained out of the till.

Andrew become Jessica's younger brother two years later.

Promotion to a junior manager came by his late 20's.

Middle management beckoned and more boredom by his mid 30's.

Senior management arrived and acute boredom by his late 30's

Redundancy arrived on the economic downturn as branch banking no longer fulfilled the 'job for life' criteria.....

The marriage was in a rut from his late 20's on.

Tennis club regulars and a few close friends that engaged in the ritual of the dinner party circle would see this happy couple.......

Their medium sized, heavily mortgaged house with wisteria over the porch and two fairly new cars in the drive, would however in reality only echo to silence or sharp words being exchanged.

Sometimes they did make love. Sometimes it was as often as once every other month. Always it was as the result of too much booze. It was also never satisfactory for either party.

The children had had enough and escaped the parental home as soon as possible, Jessica went to university and into the arms of a string of admirers wishing to explore her charms. Andrew joined the Navy, looking for a girl in every port and more often than not finding one, albeit sometimes he needed to exchange cash for an hour of love and affection......

Charlie wasn't shocked to see another car in the drive on that fateful hot Friday when returning from the outplacement consultants. It was Barry's; a friend from the tennis club and a doubles partner to both him and Jane. They were due to have dinner with Barry and his wife Sue the next evening.

Charlie let himself into the house and was surprised not to see Jane or Barry.

He went upstairs to the bedroom to get changed......the bedroom door was open....the bed was occupied.....Jane, naked, on her knees......Barry equally naked taking her from behind with forceful strokes, clearly, by the noise being made, nearing the end of the performance........

Charlie stayed silently in the doorway, rooted to the spot, feeling strangely voyeuristic and in some respects enjoying the spectacle in front of him, conscious of a small but growing erection.

Barry finished; Jane seemed to too. They parted and fell into each others arms and simultaneously saw Charlie.

"Oh God" they said in unison, at the same time covering their sweat covered nudity.

"Nice show" Charlie sarcastically sneered. "Was it good, you both seemed to enjoy it? Is he better than me Jane? Or can't you remember what I am like as it has been so long since we last did it?"

"How does she compare to Sue, Barry? Does she do things Sue won't let you? Have you taken her up the arse?"

"Charlie there is no need..." Barry tried to say, before Charlie retorted, shouting: "There is every need. You have just fucked my wife, in my bed, in my house; now get the fuck out of here NOW!"

Barry gathered his clothes and dressed with as much style as he could, any sense of bravado long since gone. Jane started to cry, still trying to cover her modesty not knowing whether to look at Charlie, or Barry trying to hurriedly dress.

"Stop crying Jane" Charlie snapped, "It doesn't work". Barry meanwhile was dressed and fleeing the room without a backward glance.

Charlie approached Jane, opened his flies and presented his erect member to Jane. "Suck it" he ordered.

Knowing she was not very keen on this activity he forced her to accept his penis. She sucked and he thrust himself into her mouth. He felt himself getting close. She had never let him cum in her mouth, but today was going to be different. He started stroking himself ordering her to continue sucking as he let go with a torrent of hot salty sperm that made her gag and dribble at the same time, while the tears started again with even more vengeance.

He looked at her with distain as he zipped himself up. "Our marriage was doomed and virtually dead" he shouted, "you have just put the final nail in the coffin".

Charlie went downstairs as she continued to cry, pouring himself a beer from the fridge. Gathering his thoughts he sat in the garden and imagined Jane in the marital bed with Barry's love juice leaking from her pussy and his on her lips and down her throat. God it was a turn on......

He went back upstairs; Jane had not moved and looked fearfully at him.

"I am going to pack some clothes and go away for a few days; maybe two, maybe more I don't know yet" he said in a calm and soothing voice. "You will not be here when I come back"..........

Chapter 2

Not knowing where he was going or for how long, Charlie packed his bag with a random number of socks and boxers, a pair of jeans, chinos and some polo shirts. A sweat shirt for good measure went on top. Conscious of being watched by a still sobbing Jane who hadn't moved from the bed, he went to the bathroom and packed toiletries and shaving gear. Finally he picked up his camera kit, his one hobby that he could actually admit to having.

He looked at Jane who was now beginning to get her crying under control..."remember you will not be here when I get back" he snarled. Despite his anger he could not get the erotic scenes of Jane and Barry out of his head and the feelings as he came in her mouth, another erection was starting to form. He stormed out of the room.

Charlie threw the bags onto the back seat of the car, got behind the wheel and took a deep breath.

What was he going to do?

Where was he going to go?

The West Country seemed appealing for a weekend or longer get away; a three hour drive and he'd be there. Perfect.

He started the car and backed out of the drive, seeing the bedroom curtains move as Jane looked out over the drive. He fleetingly wondered if she was still naked, didn't consider her feelings at all, but wondered what the sex had been like.

As he hit the roads that would take him West, he thought no more about where exactly he would go; his thoughts were consumed with what he had witnessed, his reaction and what he had made her do to him. The fact the marriage was dead was of no consequence.

How long had the affair been going on; why had he not noticed?

What had they done?

Had she let Barry cum in her mouth? Very unlikely; but a turn on as he considered it.

Had she been taken up the arse? Again unlikely;. Charlie and her had played around in that area but hadn't actually "done it"? Who stopped it, him or Jane? Charlie couldn't remember it had been so long since they had a real session.

Was Barry a better lover? Charlie had not had any complaints in that region in the past before Jane but he had the normal male phobias about size and staying power.

How big was Barry... Charlie thought back to what he saw that afternoon but couldn't remember seeing his dick. He thought back to showers at the tennis club, He must have seen him there; but that was not a real comparison but didn't remember thinking he was particularly well hung; normal, not big or small.

While all these thoughts filled his mind, blood was flowing to his penis and the miles were being eaten up as he cruised towards the West Country.

At about 7.00pm he was feeling tired when he saw a sign for Shaftsbury...what an ironic name he thought, smiling to himself.

He took the turning and headed off the main road head into open country. A few miles down the road he came across the quintessential English village with the requisite church, post office and, exactly what he was looking for, a chocolate box cover, thatched roof pub that had rooms available.

He parked outside the pub and taking his bags with him, locked the car and entered the pub. Approaching, the lady behind the bar smiled at him and asked what he would like.

"I was hoping you may still have a room available for a night or two" Charlie said.

"You're lucky my dear" she answered, "We have a room but only for tonight. Its en-suite and costs £50 including full English breakfast, dinner is available in the bar until 9.30 if you are interested."

"Perfect" Charlie said, "I can move on tomorrow and find something else then. I'll take the room, freshen up and come down for dinner, thank you".

"Great, please sign here" she said, passing a guest registration book over.

Charlie completed the details and handed the book back with a credit card.

"Thank you Charlie" she said, looking at his name in the register and smiling at him, "I am the landlady here, my name is Mary and I hope you have a nice stay and if there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask"

"I most certainly will, as I said I will freshen up and come down for some dinner", to which Mary handed the key over and gave him directions to his room.

The room was perfect for his needs, a double bed, chest of drawers with a TV on it with a room off to one side with shower, basin and WC.

He unpacked his bags and ran the shower, washing himself thoroughly. His mind wandered back to what he had seen earlier that afternoon; replaying in slow motion the sight of Barry screwing his wife, cries of ecstasy and the other sounds of coitus as he plunged his member in and out of Jane's soaking wet pussy. The pause, and then the cry as he ejaculated deep into her.

Meanwhile Charlie was playing with his ever growing erection, pulling the foreskin backwards and forwards until he too got close to ejaculation.....stopping himself just in time as he didn't want to cum while standing in the shower.

He turned the water to cold and got his breathing back under control and stepped out of the shower.

With his erection now under control he laughed to himself about the school boy pressures he and his friends used to put on girls ..."but you must finish me off, I will get blue balls..."

Charlie got dressed and headed to the bar.

Walking into the bar, Mary was serving a couple of guys and looked up and smiled warmly at Charlie and said "Hi Charlie, take a seat. What would you like to drink and I'll bring it over with a menu". Looking around, the pub was fairly empty, so Charlie headed towards a corner table and said, "A pint of lager would be great, thanks!"

Mary soon approached him with a pint and a menu and for the first time he really looked at her. She was mid 30's, about 5 foot 6, blond with blue eyes, a nice figure. She wore tight, but not skin tight, blue jeans and a tee shirt that showed her breasts off well without being tarty.

Mary put the pint and the menu down "The chef knows how to cook a mean steak that I would recommend" she said "you look like a man who likes his meat" she added.

"I don't know how to answer that" he replied laughing, "but I will take you up on your recommendation and have a medium steak, fries and salad"

"Wine?" Mary asked. "Yes please" Charlie answered "As I took your recommendation on the food, can you recommend a nice red"

"Ok, we have a nice Merlot, how does that sound? A glass or bottle?"

Charlie now faced a dilemma as drinking a bottle would not be a problem but would appear to some as greedy and someone with a drink problem. From where he didn't know, but he responded with

"I will have a bottle if you will help me finish it".

Without hesitating Mary responded with, "well it's quiet so I would be delighted to join you to finish your bottle after your meal".

Mary then walked back to the bar and Charlie got to see her tightly clad rear which caused an immediate reaction in his groin. Pictures of his wife's rear being pounded by Barry filled his mind again causing more reaction in his groin. He sipped his beer, willing his mind to go onto other subjects when, before he knew it, Mary re-appeared with his meal and wine.

He suddenly realised he was very hungry and after thanking Mary demolished his food, which was every bit as good as Mary had said and savoured his wine, which was also as good as recommended.

As he finished he noticed that the bar had virtually emptied with only a couple over in the far side and him. He looked up to see Mary approaching him with an empty wine glass. She put the glass down on the table and removed the now empty dinner plate, putting it on an adjoining table.

Charlie poured a glass of wine for her and topped his own up and raised his glass.

"Cheers and thank you" he said, "the pub and the company along with the food and drink are fantastic and just what the doctor ordered".

"Glad to meet your requirements" Mary said; "you must have an interesting doctor to recommend this" she laughed. "What brings you to this sleepy village anyway".

"Oh it's a long story" said Charlie

"So do tell, not pressed for time are you? " Mary replied.

Charlie immediately panicked. What could he say?

"I just needed to get away from the rat race for a few days and decided to head this way, I saw a sign for a place that amused me and then came across this village and the rest you know".

"Where were you heading?" she asked, lifting the glass very delicately and taking a sip with the tip of her tongue erotically tasting the wine, "which place name amused you"

"Shaftsbury" he answered with an apologetic smile. She looked at him quizzically.

"I know its infantile" he added "but Shaft as in shafting just made me smile"

"What were you thinking of when that crossed your mind" she laughed, "actually you had better not answer that question" she added.

"I told you it was infantile" he said, apologetically

"Well it could have been Cockhaven or Cockingham or Beavers Ridge or gosh, this could go on" she said, her eyes twinkling showing Charlie that she wasn't offended.

"Yes they are funny names" he said.

"So you say you needed to get away, you're not an escaped convict or rapist or someone I shouldn't be sharing a drink with are you?"

"No" he laughed, not a rapist or convict, and I think you are safe to share a drink with me. I'm just a regular guy approaching my mid life crisis who has recently lost his job and is in the process of finishing a boring and unfulfilling marriage who needed some space and hence, hit the road. So tell me about yourself"

Before she had a chance to say anything, the other couple in the pub headed to the bar for a refill. Mary went behind the bar re-filled their glasses and returned to Charlie with another bottle of Merlot, the first having been finished.

Mary told him she was a divorcee who ran the pub basically single handed. She didn't have any children and had lived in the village for 15 years, firstly with her now very ex husband and now on her own, although here sister lived over the road and helped out in the pub on busy evenings. Yes, prejudging his question, she sometimes got lonely but mostly she was happy with her lot. There were two guest rooms, the couple in the bar having the other room, and regular business that enabled her to make a fair if not spectacular living.

"How long have you been divorced?" Charlie asked.

"Oh about five years" she replied. "The marriage was OK, not brilliant, but I sure there were worse out there" the continued. "Then one day I came home to find my husband in bed with my best friend from the tennis club"

"You are kidding right?" Charlie said, interrupting her.

"No, why would I?"

"Well", he paused then continued "the reason I needed to get away today was this afternoon I got home to find my wife in bed with a friend from the tennis club....."

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed "That's spooky"

Charlie's mind wondered as again visions of his wife being taken from behind by Barry filled his thoughts.

He was bought back by a soft touch to his knee. He looked down and saw Marys hand on his knee

"Are you OK? She said quietly.

"Yes sorry, I just had a flashback and saw them in bed together"

"How awful" she said without removing her hand.

"You know what" he replied "I hate to say this and it must sound awful and I hope you are not offended, but in some ways it's really erotic"

She looked at him strangely,

He continued "The marriage was dying, I didn't love her, she didn't love me but to see the carnal side of a couple screwing, not making love, screwing, was strongly erotic and somehow voyeuristic even though one of the couple was my wife"

"I can't imagine that" she said after thinking for a bit, "but I suppose some people have done that as part of their marriage; swapped partners, had three somes and seen someone else make love to their partner."

"Yes, but this wasn't making love" he said "it was screwing" and lowering his voice "fucking".

At this point the other couple got up from the other side of the bar, bade their goodnights and went off to their room.

"Half a bottle to finish" said Mary, standing up,"let me lock up and I'll be back to finish it...fancy something else as a night cap. Whisky, port?"

"A glass of port would be great, thanks" Charlie replied.

Five minutes later after the clanking of locks, shutting of windows and the turning off of most of the lights the pub was lit by a small light near the table and Mary returned with two glasses of port.

Emptying the wine bottle between them, Charlie raised his glass and said "Cheers, now where were we?"

They clinked glasses and Mary said, with a broad grin, "We were talking about shagging partners, swapping and three somes".

"Interesting conversation on a first date" Charlie replied, teasingly.

"Oh, so this is a date is it?" Mary said, mockingly offended but smiling broadly. "Or a confessional" Charlie laughed

"You should be on your knees then" Mary retorted, to which Charlie, with much wine, and therefore bravado on board, got on his knees in front of Mary and placed both hands on her jean clad upper thighs.

She playfully slapped his arm "get up you silly sod".

Charlie regained his seat and took a sip from his port. "Wow, that's good" he exclaimed. "Three for three, I did pick a good pub". She looked at him quizzically.

"You recommended the steak, the wine and the port, all brilliant...and by the way, where's the chef?"

"Oh he left ages ago, you are all alone with me, are you worried?" Before he answered she leant across and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips. "And thank you for saying nice things about my pub".

"I should have added of course the company is excellent too" he said.

She leant across and kissed him again, lingering a bit this time.

"That was nice" he said, somewhat embarrassed as the groin reaction was starting again.

"Good, I liked it too" she replied, also looking embarrassed.

Both were reflective and quiet, taking small sips from their port, not knowing what to do or say next and neither wanting to break the spell that seemed to have descended.

Charlie broke the silence. "Do you always spend the evenings with losers who ask you to share a bottle of wine with them?"

"No" Mary laughed "and you are not a loser. I don't know what it was but I felt something as soon as I saw you and really appreciated your request to join you. Very often it's just the old soaks propping up the bar that I have for company, so I have really enjoyed tonight, thank you." Mary drained her glass and continued, "I am going to bed now. You seem very special; I am sorry what you have been through today. You don't deserve it. Sleep tight"