Midnight Ep. 024: reCOIL

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How about you?"

"Merely here to watch over my people."

"Flock?"

"That is for God to determine."

"While we're on Wolf's clothing. You have your daughter's talk to Rayna Waterfall about new dresses?" Dawn flared her eyes at the comment. She hadn't been aware of the deal.

"They are going to see her later."

"Wait! They're getting new clothes?" Roland brought up, "I could use new clothes for when I start college next month."

"We all can." Oswald looked hopeful.

"That... will be arranged." Mordecai really hated this man Sanchez. He was going to break his savings account. Karma was a bitch!

"She's here!" Lukas spoke up in void of the momentary silence.

"Who is here?" Dawn as him.

"The girl who lives on the Shoals."

"Say what?"

"Porcupine's a loon." Curtis rolled his eyes.

"She is happy to see you again Curt." Lukas smiled. "She loves..."

"NONSENSE!" Mordecai abruptly silenced Lukas, "Why do you babble as you do?"

As if saddened for Lukas being yelled at the willow tree began shedding blossoms like tears floating down on the gathering. The awe of so much flurry made the audience cover their brows with their palms. Mordecai drooped his jaw at the sight but maintained a harsh tone even though he too sensed a presence. A tear forming in his eye he played it off as allergies.

"Put my boys to work. I will return for them in two hours. No more ghost stories Porcupine."

"Yes Sir."

"What just happened?" Dawn brushed blossoms from her shoulder, digging down into her halter for petals that had gotten fresh with her. Curtis watched her hand down her shirt between her breasts, light creeping under the material with it pressed outwardly showing her skin tone within as if transparent.

A buzz of Nick's weed eater he intervened. "Curtis? Finish what I started around the barn. Keep your eyes open for snakes there's a whole herd of them over there." Dawn hearing this recalled being in the tunnel below the barn and grit her teeth. She was really close to their nest at the time. Thankfully she hadn't ran into any down there in the cool damp darkness. "Roland carry some of these lawn bags to the road. Oswald? Get with Will Gullivant." Dispersed the boys went on to their appointed tasks.

"Lukas?" Dawn finished her shirt tunneling then looked to her family friend. "What... who did you see?"

"An Anngel!" She and Nick presumed Angel. "She ran off crying."

A shrug sent everyone back to work. Nick to make phone calls.

He needed peace and quiet!