Mistakes Were Made

Story Info
His wife cheated but it was his own fault.
18.8k words
216.5k
56
43
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
K.K.
K.K.
3,055 Followers

Chapter One

I have always thought of myself as a fairly intelligent person but events of late have made me question whether my self assessment is correct. I think that as you read my account of these events you may begin to think that my elevator no longer visits the penthouse.

Let me begin by telling you about my wife and myself. Brenda and I met, shortly after I we got out of college, at a party at a mutual friends house. We started talking and things just kind of clicked. We became friends almost immediately. As we talked we found that we had a lot in common. We like some of the same authors, movies and music and shared similar political views. I saw Brenda several times during the month following the party but never on an actual date. Romance kind of snuck up on us all at once.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Brenda. Even though I could see that Brenda was a beautiful woman, she is five feet five inches tall, 110 pounds, blonde hair and the most beautiful blue eyes, we hit it off as friends so quickly that I thought of her as a friend not a potential lover. Then one night Brenda invited me to go along with three friends of hers to a local coffee shop to hear a poet that Brenda's friends were excited about. After listening to this guy go on for more than an hour about some guy named Prothro and how he lived at peace with nature and communed with the animals in the forest and the fish in the sea or some such crap, I was nearly bored to tears. I didn't want to say anything because the others all seemed to have enjoyed the poems he recited. You know, I always thought that if a poem made no sense at all, the least it could do is rhyme. This guys poems did neither but Brenda's friend's were going on about how profound the poems were and how they loved the hidden metaphors in his prose. What the hell is a hidden metaphor? Well that was it for me. I didn't want to say anything to burst their intellectual bubble so I said that I had to get home because I had to get up early the next day.

As I stood to leave Brenda jumped up and said that she also had an early day and asked me if I could give her a ride home. As soon as we got outside Brenda started laughing. I asked her what was so funny and she said, "I just couldn't wait to get you alone so we could discuss those hidden metaphors. I guess if they enjoyed the poetry I shouldn't make fun of them but.... Wasn't that the worst load of crap you have ever sat through?"

Now we were both laughing and then kissing. I don't really know the exact moment I decided to kiss her but when I did it was as though she was thinking the same thing at the same time. I drove her back to her apartment and walked her to the door and we kissed again. When we broke off the kiss Brenda looked like she didn't know what she wanted to do. I could tell she wasn't sure if she wanted to ask me in or not so I made it easier for her. I said, "I don't know if there is anything I can say or do to make this moment any better than it already is so I think I should go home now." I kissed Brenda again and asked, "Can I call you?" She said that she would be upset if I didn't.

On the way home I thought about what had happened and was surprised by my behavior. Normally with an opportunity like that my only thought would be how I would get her into bed, but with Brenda the only thing I could think of was how do I make sure I don't screw this up. Somehow I knew that waiting for the right moment would be far better than trying to get Brenda into bed that night.

As soon as I got home I called her. We ended up talking for nearly two hours. At first we didn't talk about what had happened between us that evening but we couldn't avoid the subject. I told Brenda that I wasn't sure what I was feeling but I knew that something important had happened between us and I wanted to see what it meant. Brenda said that she felt exactly the same way. She also said, "I think we need to move slowly. I'm afraid that if we go to fast we might ruin a good thing."

I agreed and suggested that we wait at least a month before we try taking our new relationship to bed. Then Brenda said, "What makes you think you'll ever get me into bed?"

I was stunned by that remark until I realized that she was laughing. I responded with, "I wasn't planning on taking you to bed, I figured it would be the other way around."

Two weeks later I was at Brenda's apartment for dinner and a movie. She had rented a movie I had never heard of and five minutes after it started I understood why. It was so bad it had to have gone directly to video because no one would ever have gone to a theater to watch this movie. Anyway we started making fun of the characters and the plot and when a love scene came on we imitated what the two actors where doing. I was kissing Brenda the way the guy in the movie was kissing his girl friend when the guy in the movie pushed his hand up under the girls skirt. Brenda wasn't wearing a skirt, she was wearing slacks so I slid my hand up the inside of her thigh. And when I got to the top of her leg I didn't stop. For the first time since I had met Brenda I had my hand pressed against her mound. Of course her pants and panties prevented me from actually making flesh to flesh contact with her pussy. In spite of the layers of cotton I could feel the heat from her love nest and I got an erection that threatened to tear the zipper out of my pants.

Brenda made no attempt to pull away or to discourage me in any way. Then after a very long and passionate kiss Brenda whispered in my ear, "A month is way to long. I think two weeks is about right."

Once more Brenda and I agreed.

I removed my hand from between her legs and began to open her blouse. When I had all of the buttons opened I pulled the tail of her blouse out of her slacks and helped her remove it. With her bra still on I fondled her breasts and lightly bit her nipples through the lacy material. When I could see that her nipples were both hard I pulled the straps of her bra off of her shoulders and pulled the cups of the bra down exposing her lovely breast. I kissed and nibbled on her breasts for several minutes until Brenda was breathing hard. Then Brenda pushed me away. For a second I thought she had changed her mind and wanted me to stop but instead she breathlessly said, "Help my get my pants off."

I unbuttoned her pants and then pulled the zipper down. Then Brenda lifted herself off the sofa so that I could pull her pants down her legs and off over her feet. I tossed them into a chair. Now Brenda was sitting next to me in just her bra and panties. Her bra was already halfway off so I unsnapped it in the back and removed it completely. As I started kissing Brenda again I pushed my hand inside her panties and began to play my fingers through the soft silky hair on her pubic mound. As my fingers got close to touching the soft lips of her vagina Brenda began to wiggle her hips as she tried to cause contact between my fingers and the fleshy mound that formed her vulva.

As I moved my fingers farther down I felt her pussy lips separate and I felt the wetness within. As I tentatively slipped one finger inside her aroused pussy Brenda's body stiffened and she cooed, "Yes, touch me there."

So I touched her there and everywhere else between her legs and as I pushed a second finger inside her, Brenda erupted into orgasm. As her passion peaked Brenda began pulling on my shirt and I had to help her before she popped all of the buttons off. Once she had my shirt off she quickly hand my pants opened and was pulling them off me. After she had me naked, Brenda wrapped her fingers around my cock and stared at it as she stroked it up and down. From the look on her face you would think that she had never scene one before so I made the comment, "You look as though you have never seen a cock before."

Without looking up Brenda said, "I have never scene one that I wanted this much before." She lifted her head up and kissed me then said, "I have to feel you inside me now." Then she lay down on the sofa. I pulled her panties off and Brenda spread her legs so I could get on the sofa between them. As I lay down on top of Brenda I guided my cock to her moist opening and pushed myself inside. She was tight which made it extremely hard for me to stay in control. It took all of my self control to last just five minutes but I was proud that I was able to give her a second orgasm before I climaxed inside her.

As we lay in each others arms afterward we both knew we were in love and that it was definitely the real thing.

After our third sexual encounter I began wondering how much sexual experience did Brenda have before me so, as we lay there in the after glow of our love making I asked Brenda about her previous sexual relationships. I wasn't sure she would be willing to talk about them but I asked anyway. Brenda said, "If you are sure you want to hear about this I will tell you."

I thought for a moment and wondered if maybe the past was better left alone but in the end I wanted to know so I said that I was sure.

She said, "Three were just three guys before you. The first was in my freshman year at college. By the time I graduated from high school most of my friends had already lost their virginity. But with my mothers encouragement I had decided to wait until I was older and the right guy came along. Then I discovered that almost all of the girls I was meeting at college had already lost their virginity and I began to wonder what I was waiting for so I decided that I was ready and I began looking for the right guy to be my first.

I met Tommy in one of my classes. I didn't hid the fact that I might be interested in him but it still took him till almost November before he finally asked me out. By our third date I had decided that I was going to have sex with him. I didn't want to take any chances on getting pregnant so I was going to insist that Tommy wear a condom. So, when he called me to tell me what time he was going to pick me up that night I asked him if he had any condoms. I think I heard him choke. He stuttered a little and said that he would have condoms. Are you sure you want to hear all of this? "

"Absolutely."

"Okay then... I was nervous all evening thinking about what I was going to do later but in spite of my own condition, I sensed that Tommy was even more nervous. Anyway, when the moment of truth came I watched in fascination as Tommy tried to put the condom on. He obviously had never used one before and didn't know how to put it on. I was no help as I had never even seen one before. Finally after several attempts to roll the thing on he got it in place just as he climaxed. I didn't know anything about these matters so I was unaware of what had happened until a very embarrassed Tommy tried to explain why he no longer had an erection. Looking at his sad face and listening to him explain his premature ejaculation I couldn't help myself, I started to laugh.

"He got over his embarrassment about a half hour later and was able to put the second condom on successfully them we did it. It wasn't very exciting but I had accomplished what I had wanted to do. I don't know why but Tommy never called me again and I didn't really care."

The second guy was Tony. I dated Tony for about two months and we had sex maybe six times. We broke up when I found out he was sneaking out with another girl behind my back. Sex with Tony had never been very good I kept thinking that it was my fault if I didn't enjoy it and I would have to figure out what I was doing wrong. So when I met Jack I was determined that I was going to get better at sex. I learned quickly that it wasn't me after all. I enjoyed sex with Jack right from the very first time. Although our sex was good it was pretty straight forward. It was just foreplay then intercourse. Jack and I broke up just before graduation. The sex just wasn't good enough to outweigh the fact that we really didn't like each other all that much. After Jack there was nobody till I met you. What's your story?"

I said, "I am no more experienced that you. I have had a few one night stands but I have only had one long term relationship and that was in college. That lasted for nearly two years but she never liked sex so I was lucky if we had sex twice a month. I guess this means that we will have to learn the joys of sex together. So you have never had oral sex? Do you think you would like to try it?"

We started kissing again. As I worked my way down to her nipples I began thinking about performing oral sex on Brenda and realized that the idea was getting me very excited. I kissed my way down over Brenda's belly and stopped just above her pubic hair. Then I asked Brenda, "Would you like me to kiss your pussy?"

"I don't now… Maybe… If you want to."

I planted little kisses in her pubic hair and moved down between her legs. Then I was there. Closer than I had ever been to a vagina. I stared at it for a moment and decided that I liked the way it looked. As I began to make my first tentative licks across her vulva I remembered that I had already climaxed inside her earlier but I was to aroused to stop and I could tell that Brenda didn't want me to stop so I plunged ahead. I pushed my tongue into her pussy and tasted our mixed juices for the first time. I loved eating her and didn't care that I was eating some of my own cum in the process. It amazed me how quickly I was able to bring Brenda to orgasm with my tongue.

When it was over Brenda said that it felt wonderful and asked if I would like her to do the same for me. I told her that if she was willing to do it I would love it. Brenda slid her head down over my chest and stopped when her face was just inches from my cock. She took my cock in her hand and started turning it this way and that examining it from ever angle then finally she flicked her tongue out and gave the head a quick lick. I guessed that she was sampling the taste to see if she could handle it. She gave my cock a couple more quick licks then she wrapped her lips around the head and slowly took my cock into her mouth. She was able to get about half of it in then she backed off. Soon she was stroking my cock with her month, stopping every now and then to run her tongue up and down my shaft then she would take my cock back into her mouth. When I felt that I was about to cum I warned Brenda and she pulled my cock from her mouth and continued stroking it with her hand until I exploded in orgasm. Brenda seemed fascinated by the sight of my cock jerking and spewing my semen. She continued slowly stroking as my semen ran down over her fingers. When I was done, Brenda went to the bathroom and got a wet towel and cleaned me up. When she had wiped the last of the cum off my balls she kissed me and said, "We're going to have lots of fun aren't we?"

I had to agree with that.

We dated for another six months during which time our love continued to grow. Our friendship also grew. When I needed to talk to someone it was Brenda I talked to and Brenda always came to me when she needed to talk about anything. It seemed that in all cases that we would rather be together than with anyone else. Our relationship fell into a comfortable routine consisting of dinner out and or a movie then back to one of our apartments for sex then we would just lay in bed together and talk.

Other events that happened during this time were that Brenda got a good job with a large company in the banking and finance business in Burbank and I started my own business. More accurately, I bought my own business. Ever since I got out of high school I dreamed of owning my own business. I had some money left to me by my grandfather so I was ready when I found the opportunity. One day as I was on my way to work in Burbank I saw a for sale sign in the window of an equipment rental company. Out of curiosity I stopped and went into the rental store. The store consisted of a counter that was about six feet long and three and a half feet high with a couple of stools in front of it. Behind the counter stood a short bald man. He looked to be about seventy years old. He was on the phone shouting at someone, "No. I told you I ain't got any.... No. I don't know who has any. What do you think? I'm the fuckin Yellow Pages. Look it up yourself... Okay, I'll send the rest of your order over this afternoon." Then without saying good bye he hung up the phone.

His demeanor changed when he looked at me and asked, "What can I do for you?"

I said, "This may be a stupid question but..."

"I hear stupid questions all day so one more ain't gonna kill me. Whata ya need?"

I said, "I saw your for sale sign and was wondering what business you're in."

"I'm in the fuckin rental business whaddaya think? Didn't ya see the sign outside?"

"I mean, what is it you rent?"

"I rent hardware to the television and movie companies."

"What kind of hardware?"

The old guy said, "I rent sound booms, lighting equipment, tables, chairs whatever they need when they're shooting on location."

"I always thought the studios had all of that stuff."

"They do, but not enough. Sometimes when they have more than one project going on they need to get extra equipment. Why? You want top buy my company?"

I said, "I am looking for a business I can buy and run myself. Is this a good business? I mean can I make a living renting equipment to movie studios?"

"Hell yes. This is a great business if yer willin to work hard. I'm too old to keep up with this any more. I had ta cutback on inventory a few years ago so I could handle the job but now it's time for me to retire. You think you might want ta buy me out?"

I said, "I don't know if I am ready to make that big of a jump yet. I would need to look at your books and learn something about this business first."

The old man said, "Tell you what. You come work for me for a couple of months, learn the business and then decide. One thing though. You come to work for me I make you do most of the work. Otherwise what's the point?”

I could go on a lot longer here but suffice to say I ended up buying the business.

The night I signed the papers to take over the company I asked Brenda to marry me. The next year was pretty hectic. Between making wedding plans and trying to grow my new business there wasn't time for much of anything else but it was all worth it. Our wedding went off without a hitch and my business was getting better all of the time.

Over the next few years Brenda and I settled nicely into married life. We had our struggles like all young married couples but because we loved and trusted each other we were able to get through those difficulties.

After three years my business had gotten to a point where I couldn't seem to make it grow anymore. Then one day when Brenda had stopped by the office to have lunch with me, one of my competitors stopped in. John runs a business that does pretty much the same thing I do so I was surprised to see John in my store. He looked a little upset. I said, "Hi John, what brings you in here?"

John said, "Gary, I'm in trouble. I contracted to fill an order for WB and I just found out I don't have two telescoping sound booms that I promised them. I forgot that they were out on another contract and wouldn't be back for a couple more weeks. I hate to do this but is there anyway you can help me out?"

He was right, he was in big trouble. You blow an order with these folks and it'll be a long time before you get another chance to rent anything to them. I was thinking about how to handle this when Brenda said that she needed to discuss something with me. I excused myself and went into the back room with Brenda.

Brenda asked me what I was going to do. I said I hadn't decided. Then she said, "I think you should help him and don't try to talk advantage of his situation. You may need his help some day."

K.K.
K.K.
3,055 Followers