Modern Somali Mythology Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As for Faduma, she became a legendary hero in Somali culture. A symbol of Somali feminine power and defiance the likes of which hadn't been seen since the reign of the legendary Queen Arawelo of Somalia. Faduma, the heroic daughter of Prince Maxamad of Somalia, and descendant of Birir Ina Barqo, the legendary first King of Somalia, kept her word to Darod, the guardian spirit who watched over her ancestors in pre-Islamic times. Faduma was instrumental in reviving and maintaining the Old Ways.

The majority of Somalis follow Islam, this is true. Still, a small minority of Somali men and Somali women secretly follow the pre-Islamic faith, and still offer prayers and sacrifices to Waaq, the Cushitic Sky God, and to the Ayaanle, the good spirits who happen to be his messengers. They have not forgotten the great ones who watched over them long before the Arabs came and changed their names, changed their ways and changed their culture. While some mock their worship as archaic, they see themselves as honoring their glorious past.

The Old Ways, this secretive worship which has been overlooked by the majority of Somalis and their neighbors is alive and well, continues well into modern times. A minority of Somalis proudly keep to the Old Ways, just like their ancestors did, thousands of years before the Arabs introduced Islam to Somalia. They are the ultimate rebels, and thusly, true patriots. At the end of the day, a people who wholeheartedly embrace another people's faith and way of life have forgotten who they are. Faduma's descendants may be a minority sect, but they consider themselves the only true Somalis left on earth...

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Modern Somali Mythology Ch. 07 Somali housewife becomes a Ghoul and fights evil.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Somali Muslim Lesbian Tale Ethiopian gal dates Somali woman in Toronto.in Lesbian Sex
Somali Muslim Lesbian Tales Somali lesbian and Ethiopian gal beat the odds.in Lesbian Sex
Murkuk Ch. 01 A female slave's life among harsh orcish masters.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Somali Muslim Lesbian Chicks Somali tomboy is seduced by Latin MILF.in Lesbian Sex
More Stories