Molly & Marilyn & Me Ch. 01

Story Info
Jenny Craig has nothing on this.
11.8k words
4.71
40.9k
11
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/09/2022
Created 02/14/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,594 Followers

My thanks, as always, to ErikThread, for this excellent work and helpful suggestions. Any errors or omissions are mine alone.

*

More often than not, things don't work out the way you plan them. The unexpected pops up to surprise you. Such was the case with Molly and Marilyn and me.

The Pickled Pumpkin has a very nice new location. It re-opened a few months ago, nestled among the fir trees at the base of a mountain. It used to be housed in a dark, sprawling building across the street, but the owner wisely decided to take advantage of an abandoned site across the way and built a modern stone and cedar-faced timber frame building. His business has more than doubled since.

The first-time visitor can't help admiring the high cedar-deck ceilings, the long, polished mahogany bar, and the abundant mahogany woodwork. It's a much bigger establishment than its predecessor. Seating for at least a hundred, I would guess.

I have my favorite spot, a little two-place table in the solarium at one end where I can watch the patrons and have a decent look at several of the TV screens. The chairs are comfortable, it's not too noisy, and the serving girls are attractive. What more could I want?

It's my only true vice these days. My ex-girlfriend, Dana, preferred the club scene while I abhorred it. We finally decided we didn't have enough in common to keep our relationship alive and that was the end of that.

My name is Tory Payne. I'm a thirty-three year old bachelor with an eye for the ladies when the opportunity arises. Since I've been on my own again, I've fallen into the habit of stopping of at my local during the week for a pint before heading home to make my evening meal. I don't enjoy being alone, but I'm used to it and I'm very fussy about who I invite into my life.

My routine on Saturday is to quickly dispense with the necessary house-cleaning and laundry, and then wash the car. That done, I'm off to the pub for a leisurely lunch. A couple of pints, read the paper, and watch a bit of football or baseball. I've been doing this for over ten years off and on. Even when Dana was around, we would have a Saturday lunch and a drink before heading off to do our usual weekend shopping.

When you hang out at the same place for any length of time, you get to know the regulars, the semi-regulars and of course, the staff. I knew all the serving girls by name and they knew me. I would say hello to some of the older patrons as a courtesy, just to acknowledge them. They would sit together and tell the same stories over and over again.

I would usually nod or tip my cap to people that I saw often but didn't know. Almost always I would get a polite reply and a smile. Pubs are usually friendly places, especially at mid-day.

I first noticed Molly and Marilyn one Saturday early in the fall, a couple of months after Dana and I went our separate ways. The mid-day weekend patrons are quite different from the weekday regulars. Two different crowds altogether. Since I became a patron of both times, I got to know both groups.

The two young women arrived just after noon and found a table near my little nest. I couldn't help noticing them. These were two very beautiful young women. One, a blonde with long, wavy tresses falling halfway down her back, and the other, a raven-haired beauty with eyes that suggested Asian blood somewhere in her genetic makeup.

They were wearing very carefully applied makeup and were dressed quite nicely. I suspected they might be cosmetic sales girls from one of the local stores. I also noticed that both were easily sixty to seventy pounds overweight. The extra weight was distributed equally from head to toe, and somehow didn't detract from their fundamental good looks. I found them quite appealing, which surprised me. I never thought obesity could be attractive.

From that Saturday they became regulars for lunch and usually sat in the same area as I did. I began to look forward to seeing them and found I was disappointed if they were late or, as on a couple of occasions, didn't show up at all. It was part of my weekend entertainment.

I began wondering what they would look like if they were to shed that extra weight. It became a game at first. They would arrive and I would immediately start re-shaping them into another image. In case you're wondering, I'm a designer and it's part of my makeup to imagine how things might look if changes were made.

After a couple of months of acknowledging each other, I caught a break and finally got a chance to meet them properly. The place was full that Saturday noon. I was unable to get my usual table as two elderly women arrived earlier and took it.

I was sitting at a table for four when the girls appeared and searched for an open spot. There were none and seeing this, I stood and waved to them. They looked at each other, said something, then moved toward me.

"Hi girls," I smiled. "Looks like a full house. If you'd like, we can share this table. My regular was taken too."

I guess they decided I wasn't dangerous as I was known to them in a manner of speaking.

"Thanks, we only have an hour. I was hoping we wouldn't have to go looking somewhere else," the blonde said.

"I guess we've seen each other on Saturday fairly often. My name's Tory Payne."

"I'm Molly Ransom and this is Marilyn Lee," the blonde said. She seemed to be the spokesperson for the pair.

"Where do you work?" I asked after they seated themselves.

"At Elegant Evenings," Molly quickly replied.

I must have had a curious look because she smiled and explained.

"It's a women's lingerie store in the mall. I don't think you'd be in there much unless it's a gift for your wife or girlfriend."

"Oh ... you're right. I wouldn't be in there much. No wife, and currently no girlfriend," I explained.

"Oh goody, an unattached male," she enthused, clapping her hands together. "We're fresh out at the moment."

I laughed, but filed the information away for future reference. I turned to Marilyn, who was yet to say a word.

"You look very professional and very attractive." I made sure I addressed both of them when I complimented them.

"Thank you," Marilyn said softly. She seemed a bit shy, but perhaps it was because Molly was so outgoing.

"And what do you do?" Molly asked.

"I'm a designer. I design houses and apartments; both new construction and renovations."

"That sounds interesting," Marilyn said, surprising me with a comment.

"It is. It's a job I sort of created for myself when I was working at a lumber yard, and over the years it's grown into a nice little business."

"Do you work at home?" Marilyn asked. She was genuinely interested, I felt.

"No, not normally. I have an office at the yard and they pretty much let me do my own thing. I've brought them a lot of business in the past few years, so they're pretty accommodating."

"Lucky you," Molly jumped in.

"So, do you girls enjoy your jobs?" I asked, trying to learn more about them.

"It's not bad," Molly answered. "The pay isn't great, but we're a specialty store for plus-size women, so we don't feel like we're misfits."

I wondered if she understood just what she was revealing to me and I turned to Marilyn. She blushed and her eyes were focused on her hands on the table.

Happily, at that moment, our server arrived and we ordered our drinks and listened to the specials. The girls both ordered salads and diet colas while I chose my usual dark ale with the soup-and-sandwich special.

"I'll tell you, girls, I much prefer having lunch with you than on my own."

"I know what you mean. We see each other all day at work and we run out of things to talk about," Molly replied.

"Well, since all three of us are regulars at Saturday noon, why don't we make this a habit for a while?" I suggested.

Molly jumped at it before Marilyn could say anything.

"Great. It will be our own private little club," she laughed.

I looked at Marilyn for confirmation and was encouraged with a smile from her.

We finished our lunch and lingered over our drinks until it was time for the girls to return to work. I stood as they prepared to leave and told them I'd be looking forward to next Saturday.

I ordered another pint and sat back to think about the two women. Molly was the outgoing one and full of life from what I could tell at this early stage. Marilyn was quiet, perhaps shy, but she was the one I was drawn to. I couldn't be sure why, but I thought it might be those eyes. Mysterious, dark, beautifully highlighted with her makeup, they were captivating. A promise of smoldering sensuality? Perhaps.

Both women displayed substantial breasts as their dress made sure that an ample amount of cleavage was visible. I tried to imagine what one of these women would be like to have in my bed. I was thinking lascivious thoughts and smiling as I did so.

I enjoy my job and I am rewarded quite well since I produce a large amount of new business for my employer. I have thought a number of times about going out on my own, but the security and constancy of my lifestyle have outweighed the lure of greater income. I have everything I need and no burden to carry home with me each night.

If I lack anything, it is companionship, and I suppose, love. I don't think I've ever been in love. At least, nothing that I thought was that special feeling I should expect. I wondered what it would be like, and if I would know when it happened. I assumed, from all I read and heard, that I would.

So here I was, the following Saturday, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the two women. I was surprised at my sense of relief when I saw them drive up in their car and walk into the pub. They smiled as they saw me standing and made their way to my new table.

"Hi ladies. How's life at Elegant Evenings?"

"Good. How are you?" Molly enthused.

"Fine," I smiled as I looked at Marilyn and saw her careful smile.

We sat and within a few seconds Tish, our server, approached the table.

"Hey guys, good to see you hooked up," she said brightly.

I was about to say something based on my understanding of the phrase "hooked up," but decided not to make anything of the comment. I did notice Marilyn blush at the remark.

We ordered our drinks and lunch, settling down to wait for service. We chatted about our week until Molly completely changed the subject.

"Tory, how would we find out how much it would cost to have a personal trainer?"

The question caught me off-guard and I stumbled for a minute before answering.

"I don't know, but I might know someone who does. What do you need?" I was curious and wanted to know where this was going.

"Marilyn and I want to lose weight and get fit. We've been like this since we were teenagers and we need to do something about it," Molly said seriously.

"I can understand that. But I suggest it's going to include a pretty comprehensive lifestyle change as well for it to make a difference."

"I think you're right, but at our age, if we don't do something about it soon, we'll never do it." Molly had given this some thought and I saw Marilyn nodding in agreement.

I leaned back in my chair, the glimmer of an idea flickering in the back of my mind. No need to say anything now, but giving it a bit of thought, I might be able to help these women.

"I have an idea that might give us some direction for a plan that is workable and affordable. Can you give me until next Saturday to do some homework?"

"Sure," Molly said, looking at Marilyn for support.

"Yes, I think it's important that we do this now," Marilyn said. To that point, I think it was the most I every heard her say. She had a lovely voice and I sensed a quiet determination that it was do or die, now or never.

I wasn't so sure about Molly. She was harder to read. She was enthusiastic today, but would it last when things got difficult? I was becoming excited that I might be able to help them get their life and their bodies in better shape. I would be making a worthwhile effort with possibly some personal benefits along the way.

I should explain. I haven't always been five-ten, a hundred and seventy pounds. Once I weighed well over two hundred and decided to do something about it. My twenty-fifth birthday present to myself was to get in shape. I succeeded because I did it the right way, a bit at a time. It took eight months, but I not only achieved my goal, I was able to maintain my new shape and lifestyle because it was just that, a lifestyle.

Better yet, my day-to-day wasn't one of a monk. I could enjoy a beer each afternoon and at Saturday lunch without undoing all my other efforts at staying trim and fit.

I have another admission to make. I'm a bit selfish. I often look at things for what it would bring to me. When I first thought of these two women, I wondered if I could work my way into their lives and enjoy the benefits of a closer friendship.

During the week I developed a plan for them, I thought more about them and what I could do for them. It was a different response than I expected. Maybe I could develop their friendship without taking advantage of them. Like I said, I tend to be selfish, so my thoughts surprised me.

That week I documented my own success story and modified it to suit Molly and Marilyn. They would not be able to adopt quite as rigorous an exercise program as I did. However, when I lost my weight I didn't have a "personal trainer," and that was the role I was prepared to take on with them. It would give me something to look forward to and keep me in contact with them regularly. I decided not to tell them about my own weight loss.

I wrote out a plan to give to them on Saturday, a schedule for exercise and diet that I knew would work without putting them under too much physical stress. I would be the "watchdog" and make sure they were sticking to the schedule. Beyond that, it would be up to them.

One of my most important roles was to be their cheerleader. They would need someone to remind them of the reward for their efforts. For one final piece of information, I contacted a fitness club and asked about the services of a personal trainer. It was quite costly I learned. Several hundred dollars at least, and that was just for the physical component. Out of their budget range I was sure. My role would be a good deal cheaper. I was willing to work for free.

We met as usual at Saturday noon and after our usual greeting, I passed them my program.

"What's this?" Molly asked.

"It's a personal program for each of you. It's designed to give you a day-to-day plan to achieve your goal."

"How did you get this? How much did it cost?" Molly continued.

"It's a modified program from one I developed for someone else some years ago. As for the personal trainer, I think the costs would be well beyond your means. So, with some research and help from various professionals, I have developed a plan that I'm confident will be what you need."

Molly looked at me suspiciously. "And just how much will this cost?"

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"Nothing? How come?"

"Call it a gesture of good will," I grinned.

"Yeah ... come on ... what's the catch?" Molly scoffed.

"No catch. I'm volunteering to help you and Marilyn meet your goal. Simple as that."

"Why ... what's in it for you?" Molly was exhibiting a deep suspicion of my motives.

I shrugged. "To tell the truth, not much. I guess it's a matter of getting some satisfaction from helping you help yourselves. I could have done what I originally planned and become a "Big Brother," but this seemed like a worthwhile cause, so I chose it instead."

That was only a little lie. I truly was thinking about Big Brothers, but I hadn't made up my mind.

Molly seemed unconvinced, but Marilyn was less suspicious and I saw a nod of acceptance, faint though it was.

"Look girls, if you're uncomfortable with my proposal, then I'll give you the name of the outfit that provides personal trainers locally and you can forget the whole thing. I can only tell you that what you see on that piece of paper will work for you. But ... suit yourself." I didn't want to argue any more. It was up to them.

"Are you sure this will work?" Marilyn asked seriously.

"Yes, I am."

"OK, then. I'll try it," she said softly.

Molly looked at her with a frown and then back to me. At that point, our lunch arrived and the three of us ate quietly. As far as I was concerned, the ball was in their court.

Nothing more was said about the program until the girls stood up to return to work. It was Molly who asked the important question.

"How do we start?"

"Meet me on the upper track level at the recreation center at seven on Monday evening. Don't eat a big meal or you'll be uncomfortable. We'll start with some simple things to get you into the right pattern. Can I assume you're willing to give it a try?" My question was actually directed at Molly.

"Yeah ... I'll give it a try. The price is right," she grinned. Marilyn nodded and this time, the smile was noticeable.

-0-

And so it began. I set out a two-stage program for the girls. One part diet and one part exercise. I wasn't worried about the diet. It was lifted from an existing, proven program and it was flexible enough that it could exclude foods that didn't agree with the participant. The main objective was managing the intake of carbohydrates, salt, and fat.

The exercise was a greater concern to me. I first needed to find out just how much exercise they got on a daily basis. Then I needed to find a starting level that wouldn't injure or frustrate them, but still produce some results. Rebuilding their fitness had to be carefully managed and progress according to their capabilities. Furthermore, it was unlikely that both of them would progress at the same rate.

Step one was almost a "deal breaker." I wanted to take their measurements. Molly was quite uptight about this. She was embarrassed and I think Marilyn was as well, but was less vocal about it. Finally we compromised. I had them take each other's measurements after having them solemnly swear they would record them accurately. I showed them what I wanted by demonstrating on my own body.

Everything was recorded on a spread sheet with a date heading for each week. The girls would measure themselves each week to see what progress they made. I cautioned them not to expect miracles. To keep them committed to the plan, they needed to believe they were making progress. My job was to get them over the rough spots and the flat spots when they either weren't motivated or couldn't see any progress. Both of those circumstances were likely at some point.

That first session was revealing. Neither of the girls had done anything in the form of exercise for months, if not years. To begin with, I walked with them around the track at a modest pace. Every four laps we would stop and I would give them a minute's rest before resuming the pace. They were fine for the first twenty minutes and then I began to see some fatigue show in both. Molly didn't last as long as Marilyn, but at the half hour mark, I called a halt to the walking.

We sat in the chairs by the snack bar and I went over the diet with them. It wasn't a starvation regimen, but it was going to require some self-control. I couldn't be with them all the time, so they were going to have to regulate themselves. I suggested they form a "buddy system" so that each of them monitored the other. Since they worked together, that would minimize the "cheating." In the end, though, it would be their self-control that would spell success or failure.

At the end of the first week, the girls took their measurements and recorded them. There was very little change, of course. I warned them not too expect much in the beginning. The good news was that they weren't terribly disappointed or in any pain as we moved into the second week of the plan.

coaster2
coaster2
2,594 Followers