Mr. Basketball Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked over at Rodney then at the ref as he waited. Both girls didn't budge as I stood.

"No," I said sharply. "No subs at the moment. Sorry about that."

"I want them back in the game," Rodney voiced.

"And I don't," I said calmly. "I'm the head coach and I make the calls. No subs at this time. Play on please ref and I'm sorry for this."

"No," Rodney started. "They need to..."

Suddenly the whistle blew. The ref made a T and called a technical foul on us for stalling. The crowd groaned as the ref made the call. Their side jumped for joy as they were getting one for free on this one.

I sighed hard and tried to keep my composure. They headed down the floor to shot one free shot. I started towards Rodney as Rob stood and got ready for anything. I quickly stopped and looked at Rodney.

"Get over here now! Rob, take over for a second."

We both quickly walked off the floor and into the beginning of the hallway that led back to the locker room to try and get away from the crowd. It was standing room only so they had to part and make room for us to get down the hallway some.

"Way to go dumbass," I said softly. "You just cost us a point."

"I want them back in the game," he hissed.

"I make the calls," I said calmly. "I am the head coach."

"I have a say in this too," he quipped.

"See that right there?" I pointed to my shirt. "It says head coach. I don't give a crap who your dad is and who you are. When we are out here on the floor, I make the calls. If you don't like that then leave my bench and don't come back. You are making all of us look like jackasses out here right now in front of the entire school. Is that what you want?"

"No," he said.

"That's exactly what you are doing right now. I tell you what, get off my bench. Get out of my sight. We can speak after the game. We cannot do this right now. This is bad for both of us and the team. Get out of here."

"I'm not leaving," he croaked.

"Either you leave or I'm forfeiting this game. I'm dead ass serious right now. Don't try me."

"You'll be hearing from my dad tomorrow about this," he said like a little child.

"I'll take my chances."

He quickly walked past me making sure he bumped his shoulder into my chest as he did. It took everything I had not to chase after him now and knock him on his ass. I took a minute to compose myself before returning to the bench. In the meantime they had shot the one free shot and made it. Now they had the ball and were bringing it up the floor.

I sighed hard as I sat down before I rubbed my face.

"You ok?" Rob asked.

"Yeah," I replied quickly. "We can talk later."

They came down the floor and went back to their box, pick and roll play. It was unorganized and turned into a big mess of bodies around the painted area before one of them finally peeled out from the mess and got open near the three point line. The shot went up but missed. It traveled through a few hands before they secured it again and kicked it back out.

They started the set again with a little more organization this time. They cut around and scattered before they found their shooter at the three point line in the corner. She shot it with confidence making it and cutting the lead down to three now. It was my turn to call for a time out.

The girls quickly came to the bench and waited for my instructions. I pushed everything that had just happened out of my mind and focused on what I needed from them.

"Nikki and Taylor, get back in there."

"Yes sir," they both called.

"Alright," I sighed as I checked the clock and the score. "It's a three point lead now. Run Texas and be sure on your passes. You don't necessarily need to score but if you get an open look don't hesitate to take it. They are going to pressure the ball hard and try to get a five second call. Remember you have five to hold it and five to dribble it. Make sure on the passes. We haven't run this tonight so they won't know what to expect from it."

"They are going to have some kind of clock in their heads. If we keep the clock moving they are going to foul at some point. Make sure you hustle back and guard them. Don't foul and give them anything easy. Let's get this done and win this one."

"Yes sir," they sounded off.

"One, two, three, pride."

"TT," I called. "The three will be there. Take it."

She pointed and smiled before she headed back out and barked orders to the team. She took the inbound and called Texas. She waited until her girl closed the gap and started the five second count down. It burned about eight seconds off the clock before she finally got close enough to start the count.

She passed the ball off and cut through the lane. Her defender expected a screen at the top that didn't come. Taylor had her beat now as she cut in behind Tessa and varied the play to come all the way across the floor. She was wide open on the other side in the corner. She fired up the three. It flipped the net and gave us a six point lead.

It was exactly what we needed after what had just happened. The crowd exploded with excitement that deafened the building again. The score panicked the other team now. They quickly got the ball in and raced down the floor. Taylor pressured the ball all the way before the girl got to the three point line. She quickly fired it up. It clanked the rim as Tessa grabbed it. They wrapped her up instantly and got the foul called.

They marched to the other end of the floor and lined up again to shoot the free throws.

"TT," I shouted loudly over the roaring crowd.

She turned my way and looked at me. I crossed my arms making and X. She knew exactly what I wanted as she passed the info on to Tracy and Nikki. I wanted them to trap now and pressure the other team more. Tessa made the first one. I decided to send Jamie in the game to get a little more speed on the floor.

"Jamie, check in for Tracy. We are full court pressing with a trap."

"Yes sir," she chirped.

She checked in and passed the word on about the press silently. Tessa missed the second one. It bounced around a few hands before they finally secured it. Tessa and Bree raced down the floor to get into position as the other three moved to the ball and set up. It took them by surprise as Jamie and Taylor quickly circled the ball handler making her pick up her dribble. The rest of her team was racing down the floor to get ready for a quick shot. It forced her to throw a wild pass down the floor in hopes of getting it out of there since she was all alone and had no help coming back.

Nikki was right there at center court to grab the bad pass. She quickly flung it down to Taylor. Taylor grabbed it and faked it hard getting the other girl to jump. She stepped to the side and bounced it down the lane to Jamie. She quickly put it in and pushed the lead to nine. It seemed to grow louder than before as Jamie's shot went through.

The girls quickly set up again and tried the trap once more. They were more prepared for it this time and worked the ball out of trouble twice before they got past half court. We scrambled to get back as they swung the ball around and tried the open three. I thought the roof was going to blow off the building as they roared. Taylor got back just in time and blocked the shot from behind.

It bounced around before they picked it up and tossed it to the far side of the floor. Another three went up missing everything. Now the chant of air ball filled the gym as we got ready to take the ball in. They were pointing and talking as the ref handed the ball to Tessa. Taylor was no dummy now. She pointed towards our end of the floor and took off. Tessa loaded up and threw it down the floor. Taylor ran right under it at half court with nobody in front of her.

The other team looked lost as Taylor stood there and dribbled the ball. She could have scored so easily now but she let some time tick off the clock before they finally ran down the floor. At the last possible second before they got to her she shot a short jumper from the elbow and watched it go right on through. The lead was eleven now with fifteen on the clock.

I cupped my hands over my mouth and screamed. "Half court. Play them for the shot!"

The girls backed off and let them bring the ball up the floor. They ran some kind of scrambled play that sent girls in every direction. They found an open shooter and shot the three ball. It went through and cut the lead down to eight. There just wasn't enough time left in the game now so they backed off and let us have the victory. Taylor quickly brought the ball up the floor before she dribbled off the remaining time.

Once time expired Taylor tossed the ball to the ref and walked over to me. She gave me a hug before turning and getting into line to shake hands. Each of the girls either shook my hand or gave me a hug before they got into line and waited on the other team. We formed a line and walked down and shook hands before I briefly spoke with their coach.

We made our way back to the locker room now.

"You guys can't scare me like that," I laughed lightly. "No more playing from behind and down to the wire like that."

"We have to make you sweat a little coach," Nikki teased.

"I do plenty of that already," I smiled.

"Especially with Rodney being around," Nikki joked.

"We are going to address that when we get inside," I said more serious now.

I noticed Rodney waiting by the locker room door for me.

"Hey Rob," I called. "Go on inside and give them what you thought. I'll be along shortly."

"You got it Jake," he nodded.

I waited until the door was shut before I turned to Rodney.

"What you did out there tonight was uncalled for and complete bullshit," I started before he could. "You almost cost us the game."

"I almost did?" he questioned.

"Yes you," I said sharply. "Not only did you make an ass of yourself, you also embarrassed me and the girls in front of the school and the opposing school. If you want to question my calls then you do it here, not in the middle of the game."

"I think you make some poor choices sometimes," he said.

"I know I make some bad calls," I offered. "But I would never, ever pull something like that. People are here to watch those girls play basketball, not to watch two coaches argue on the sidelines. And I use the word coach very loosely when I'm talking about you too."

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "If you ever pull a stunt like that again, you will not be a member of this team. I don't give a flying crap who you are or who your daddy is. Do you hear me?"

"We will see about that," he snickered.

"Rodney, wrong is wrong. What you did out there was wrong. Those girls look up to us and expect us to lead them and coach them. Causing a cluster fuck like you just did sends the completely wrong message to them. Think about that the next time you want to pull a stunt like that."

I turned and pulled the door open to head inside. I calmed myself as I rounded the corner and listened to Rob talking. The room went silent as I walked into view and took the floor.

"Girls, I'm sorry about what happened out there at the end of the game. It was very unprofessional of me to get into an argument like that during the game. I'm sorry and it won't happen again."

"Is he coming back?" Nikki asked carefully.

"My hands are tied," I sighed.

"Oh boy," she grumbled softly.

"Moving on," I said trying to lighten the mood some. "Two more games and then the playoffs start. Let's get focused on that and not worry about things we can't change."

I started going into detail about what I wanted from them tomorrow at practice. I went over the good and the bad before I left to let them get cleaned up.

"Mr. Tillman," I heard someone call.

"Yes sir," I said not recognizing him.

"I work in close contact with coach P down at Duke."

"Oh ok," I said shaking his hand.

"Do you mind if I get a copy of the tape so I can send it her way. She wants to know how Taylor has been doing."

"Sure, I will get it to you. Give me five minutes to get it. Has something changed? I just spoke to her yesterday and Taylor called her on Sunday."

"She likes to review the tapes, that's all. She's a constant worker like you are."

"I'm sure she does way more than I do," I laughed.

"She's going to like this one," he smiled. "Taylor struggled but fought through it and pulled it off at the end. That shows character and she will be happy to see that."

"Tonight wasn't her best but she did get it done at the end," I agreed.

We started walking to my office where the AV girl had just set the camera down.

"Hey Molly," I called. "I need a copy of that tape."

"Give me five minutes," she smiled.

She worked quickly as we made small talk. I found out he was one of her contacts back when she worked at State. He was the reason Taylor even had a chance at Duke. He was there when she was a freshman at the state championship game. He had been sending her little clips here and there of Taylor all through high school. I knew that most of the recruiters had seen the clips I put together for her. This was good though that she wanted something fresh off the press.

I handed him the disk and shook his hand. "I can't thank you enough for making her dream a reality."

"Don't thank me," he smiled. "She should thank herself and you. I've seen you work with her over the summers at camps and the AAU games. You've made her into what she is today. She had a raw talent and you molded her into quite the ball player."

"I'm just passing on my gift," I guess I smiled. "I loved playing and I love coaching even more."

"You ever get that knee fixed?" he asked.

"It's a hundred percent," I smiled. "They took out some scar tissue a few years ago and it's been great ever since."

"Ever thought about trying to finish up?" he said jokingly. "You still have two years left."

"No, I'm an old man now," I laughed lightly. "Basketball is a young man's sport. Ain't a coach out there going to touch a guy over thirty."

"Geez, you're that old?" he laughed.

"And I feel like it too sometimes."

We both laughed hard before he shook my hand again before heading out. Thom was the next person to call me over.

"Who was that guy?"

"A scout that works with coach P. He wanted to send the tape from tonight so she can review it."

"Is that good or bad?"

"It's a good thing," I smiled. "She will see that she struggled then got it together when she needed to."

"That's good," he smiled. "Except for that little argument you got into on the bench."

"Yeah," I hissed. "She won't be worried about that though. She wants to see Taylor not me."

"What was that all about?"

"He wanted to sub the girls back in and I wanted them to sit. He's a fucking idiot."

"There's a couple of more games Jake," he offered. "Just stick it out."

"That's all I can do," I sighed. "I sure would like to get him out of here though."

"I know," he laughed. "You're handling it the best you can though."

I just sighed long and hard.

"See you later son."

"I'm going to stop by later on tonight. Mom said she has some leftover chicken for me."

"In the fridge with your name on it," he chuckled.

"Are you going to be up or are you calling it an early night tonight?"

"I'll be in bed," he smiled. "I've got an early meeting tomorrow morning."

"Thanks for coming," I smiled.

"I wouldn't miss it."

Thom made it a point to come to almost every game Taylor had. I think he learned his lesson when he missed out on Teagan. He didn't want to make the same mistake again. I watched him head out as I went to my office and changed my shirt.

"Jake," Taylor called.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go out and get ice cream? I'm hungry."

"Go scoop some snow and make a snow cone," I teased.

"You can get that coffee cappuccino thing you like."

"Hmm," I smiled. "That does sound good."

"Come on then," she begged.

"You have school tomorrow though. We can't be out late."

"We can get it then go back to my house. I'll be in bed by eleven."

"Alright," I smiled. "You talked me into it."

"Come on, come on," she giggled. "Hurry up before they close."

"Geez," I chuckled. "Is it that time of the month again?"

"No," she sassed. "That was last week, you know that."

"Shhh! Gosh Taylor," I smiled but still scolded her. "There are people around."

"So?" she giggled again.

I shut my door and started walking towards the exit with her. I hit the door and held it open for her. The crisp January air hit my face and stung me a little as I stepped out and returned to her side. It seemed that no matter how long I had been up here the cold still got to me. At least my knee wasn't hurting me anymore.

"You played really well tonight baby," I offered. "Once you settled down you did really well."

"Thank you," she smiled.

She looked at me with those eyes now. I couldn't help but lean down and give her one quick kiss as we walked faster to the car.

"I don't know what got into me there in the first half," she sighed.

"The first half," I chuckled. "You didn't get it together until the last three minutes of the game. But, you did get it together and that's what is most important. Coach P will be pleased."

"She will?" she questioned.

"She's going to get the tape from tonight's game tomorrow and have a look at it. I think she will like what she sees."

"I hope so," she sighed.

"She will baby. Be confident."

We arrived at the car. I quickly opened her door and let her slip inside. I leaned down and gave her another soft kiss before I stood and shut it. I hurried around and got into the driver's seat. I started the car and blasted the heat and waited as the car warmed up.

It took a minute before I backed us out and headed to the ice cream shop. We parked, ordered, then got back into the car and headed for her house. We went on inside and found Tessa sitting at the kitchen table working on some homework.

"What?" she teased. "You guys didn't get me anything?"

"I texted you," Taylor giggled. "You didn't answer."

"I left my phone on the charger. Man I could have gone for some double fudge ice cream."

"You're in luck," I smiled. "I picked you up some."

"Thank you," she smiled.

We sat around and ate our ice cream as we talked. I tried to help Tessa with her math homework as Taylor cleaned up the dishes. Taylor sat there and tried to help once she was finished. After she finished she thanked us both before disappearing off to her bedroom.

"You better turn in too," I said.

"Yes dad," Taylor sassed. "Come up with me for a minute."

"Do I have to tuck you in and read you a bedtime story too?"

"Yes please," she sassed again.

I followed her up to her room and sat on the bed. She went to her dresser and took out some PJs. She started stripping her clothes off until she stood there naked. I took in her body as she glanced over at me. She had that grin on her face as she turned to the bottom drawer and bent purposely at the waist to show me her cunny. It peeked out between her legs as she searched for a different pair of pants.

"Stop teasing me Taylor," I sighed.

"I'm just looking for some pants," she replied in her little girl voice.

"You are making me hard."

"When aren't you hard?"

"When you aren't around."

"I can leave if you want," she sassed and stood.

She walked confidently over to me as I still sat there on the bed. She knelt down once she reached my legs. Her hands started at my knees and ran up my legs before teasing my cock. It was already hard and made a defined outline in my dress pants. She scratched it with her nail before smiled up at me.

"You are quite hard," she growled.

"I thought you were leaving," I teased.

"This is my room," she giggled. Her hands continued to run over my cock.

"What are you going to do about that?"