Murphy's Law

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Austin raised his gun towards Amy. I dove in front of her as he fired. The bullet hit me in the shoulder. I went down, but Amy was unharmed.

Amy and Karen were both screaming.

"Oh what a brave, but stupid husband you have Amy. You can watch me put a bullet in his brain, then you're next."

Rick had entered the room and drew his pistol. He ordered Austin to drop his gun. Austin turned and fired a shot at Rick which missed. Rick fired his .44 six shooter. He didn't miss. The bullet hit right between Austin's eyes. He was dead before he hit the ground.

Rick ran over to make sure Austin was incapacitated, which of course, he was. He called 911, then used a clean wash rag Amy brought him to stop my bleeding.

I was rushed once again to Methodist Hospital. The bullet had entered my left shoulder, but was not life threatening. I was treated, held overnight, then released. The emergency room doctor told me we had to stop meeting like this, people would talk. I agreed.

Rick stayed back to talk to the police. The police brought in a clean up squad, and removed Austin's body.

The next day we were all back home, a little shook up still, but otherwise ok. I had my arm in a sling, and the shoulder did hurt, but I would survive. I still had some things to discuss with Amy.

We all sat in the living room as Amy said, "I know I have made a pretty big mess of things for all of us. I made a terrible mistake, one that really should not be forgiven, but I am hoping that both of you will find it in your heart to forgive me?"

Karen said, "You are human mom, and humans do make mistakes. You made a very bad choice, and we all paid a price. I for one will tell you that I will never let a man like Austin get control over me. I've learned a lot from all this, and I know the kind of man I'm going to look for."

She turned and smiled at me. "My husband is going to have to be pretty special because he will have to measure up to my Dad. I am lucky to have such a fine father, and I will tell you flat out Mom, you're lucky to have a husband like him. In fact, you're lucky to be sitting here right now. A lesser man would not have taken you back or helped against that pervert you thought needed you."

"Thank you Karen. As for you Amy, I will forgive you, but I will not forget the fact that you almost destroyed this family. We will survive this, and will probably be stronger for it, but you need to realize the seriousness of what you did." I said.

"I promise I do Stony. I love you so much. I will do whatever it takes to win back your trust." She said.

I decided that Amy was not going to get off scott free. I arranged for her to get some counseling. I wanted to get to the root of why she went back to Austin. It turned out to be very beneficial as some old issues in her life were finally resolved.

I also took it pretty slow with my relationship with Amy. Although I did let her back in my bed immediately, I wasn't ready to make love to her yet. I had some visions of her and Austin in bed together. She desperately wanted to show how much she loved me, but I made her wait.

After about three weeks, and several counseling sessions, I made a date with her. Karen was spending the night with a friend. I brought her flowers, then took her out to a very nice restaurant. Amy was so attentive to me all night. She was starving for my affection, which I gave her. When we got home, we made love for over two hours.

I lost count of Amy's orgasms, but I know I came three times. Once was in her mouth, which she had never done before. She said she actually like it, although it was a little salty. We made love pretty much every night the rest of the week. My dick was pretty sore by the following weekend.

The police did investigate the incident with Rick and Austin. They determined that Rick was definitely justified in using deadly force.

I started my job hunt, but didn't have to look very far. A competitor company had heard about me being let go, and contacted me. I was offered a job for more money, and better benefits.

I even took away a lot of customers from my old company, which did not seem to bother my conscience.

As I look back on that day, a day that Murphy's Law bit me in the ass, I am thankful for some things. I am thankful for a wonderful daughter who never did really abandon me. I am thankful for my misguided wife, who although she made a huge mistake, never stopped loving me. I am thankful for the Texas Rangers. If I had not called Rick, I think maybe the police would have found three dead people, and Austin would be out there somewhere.

Karen is doing very well at Brown, and Amy and I are enjoying our empty nest. I love my wife very much, and never regretted taking her back. I probably saved her life. There is not a day that goes by that Amy doesn't thank me for not only taking her back, but saving her from that asshole Austin. What ever the opposite of Murphy's Law is? Well, that is my life now.

12