My Cousin, My Lover Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Becky?"

Rebecca quickly raised herself up and felt her stomach turn in knots. It was Amber. Her ex best friend and David's ex-girlfriend.

"Amber?"

Amber beamed and walked closer to Rebecca. They girls stood in front of one another for a minute not quite knowing whether to hug one another or just talk. Amber hesitated to give her ex friend a hug. She wanted to be her friend once again but she knew it would take time.

"How are you?" Amber asked shyly.

Rebecca shrugged. "I'm fine. A-and you?"

"I'm doing good. I'm going to night school. I should be done with school next fall. Finally!" Amber laughed.

Rebecca smiled weakly.Please don't ask about David she pleaded silently.

"Well that's great Amber. I still got a few years to go you know. So are you doing a research paper too?"

Amber nodded. "No. Actually I just came to turn in some books and I saw you standing here." She paused for a minute and took a deep breath. "Becky why don't you call me sometime. You know maybe we can hang out like we used to. Let's leave whatever happened in the past behind."

Rebecca gulped. "Y-yeah sure."

Amber bit her lower lip. She didn't want to ask but she had to. "How's David?"

Rebecca felt her heart sink. Even though she and Amber weren't close anymore, she felt somewhat guilty of telling her anything about her and David being in love.

"David's fine. He's still working upstairs."

Amber's eyes stared at the elevators where she once used to ride to get to the top floor of the building to work and to see David. He'd broken her heart but she had to remind herself it was the past.

"Yes I'm sure he's still working there. Oh by the way, I saw Gabriel. You remember him?"

Rebecca blushed. "How could I forget? I had a huge crush on him."

Amber smiled. "Yes I know you did. He came by to visit me because...well it's a long story which I'll tell you all about whenever we get to hang out again."

Rebecca sighed. "Y-yes of course. I'll call you."

Amber lightly touched her arm. "I've gotta get going but it was nice to see you again Becky."

Rebecca shivered at the touch of her friend's hand. She missed having Amber around at times but then again she had been relieved since she'd gotten involved with David. Now Amber was back and how would she ever be able to find a "right" way to tell her that she was with David?

"Take care Amber," Rebecca said faintly and watched her friend leave the library.

Stop feeling guilty. She's David's past and you're not close with her anymore. She only hoped that she was right and that Amber had moved on to better things.

to be continued...

12