My Number Ch. 15: The Final Chapter

Story Info
The Wedding.
3.9k words
4.67
13.8k
19

Part 15 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/04/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Exams were finally over, and the Big Day was approaching. I'd actually gotten in a couple of days of orientation at Central Bank, so that I could start for real on the 22nd, just two days after Dave and I got married. My mom came down to Lexington to pick me up on Thursday, May 18th, and now I wouldn't see my fiancée until our wedding on the 20th. Dave headed down to his family's farm right after mom picked me up.

Amanda was all googly-eyed at the whole thing. She and Eric were out of the dorm now that the semester was over, and Eric was looking for an apartment for them. The leases here are for one year, and that means that students getting done in May still have three more months due, which opens up potential sub-leases, but only if the apartment manager agrees. A couple of units in our building were being vacated early, and Amanda was eager for them to get one of those, but, unfortunately, none of the corner units were clear. Dave got lucky, and got one of the two front corner, third floor units when he rented, and that meant windows on two sides, but the interior units only had windows on one side. The apartments were still nice enough, for a 1920s building – it had been refurbished about ten years ago – but they still weren't as good as the corner units. At least they got lucky with a third-floor apartment, so they wouldn't have people walking on their ceilings, across the hall and down two nits from our place.

But what pleased Amanda the most was when she found out that Eric had been asking Dave what he was feeling with getting married coming up, as opposed to just living together. Amanda had been a bit disappointed that Eric had asked her if they could get a place together, but never said the first word about marriage.

"Well, if Eric does decide to pop the question, you going to say 'Yes?'" I asked her.

"Oh, Hell, I don't know. I've screwed around so much, I don't know if I can tie myself down to one man. I know that he loves me, and I think I love him, but Marcy, I just don't trust myself not to screw things up."

"You stayed faithful after that Thanksgiving mess up, right? If you could do that, then you can keep doing it. I mean, I know you must've had opportunities to mess around, and you didn't."

"Well, I kind of limited my 'opportunities,' at least as much as I could in a hot-to-trot place like Blanding Tower. These last few weeks, it was like there were always guys on our floor, and there were guys in our shower almost every morning, not just the weekends, so there was always an eyeful to get, though the guys haven't been hitting on me anymore since they all know I'm with Eric.

Of course, Eric knew that Amanda and I had both been pretty free sexually before I met Dave and she got together with Eric. Dave knew that, too, though not in as much detail; Eric had been trying to get into both Amanda's and my pants before I met Dave, and he knew our reputations, while Dave was a complete stranger to me before, and hadn't hung around with the crowd at Blanding Tower.

Them moving in would help me, too. Dave had accepted the ROTC scholarship, and would be leaving for four weeks of summer training at Fort Knox, the Sunday eight days after we were married. We knew all along that there was no money for any fancy honeymoon for us, but a four-week separation sure wouldn't be fun. At least we'd have that one week together before Dave left, though I'd be working full-time during the week.

At any rate, Amanda came up to Shelbyville with me. It was going to be a really small wedding, and Amanda was the only bridesmaid. It just so happened that she'd been a bridesmaid a couple of years ago, and still had that dress. My gown was nothing fancy, just a simple, barely constructed white satin dress my mom and I had found at Macy's, and Amanda's old bridesmaid dress was simple enough that it fit right in, so there was no sense making her waste money on a new dress. Her folks were better off than mine, slightly, but I'd gotten frugal living with Dave, and thought in frugal terms for the wedding as well. I could tell that Amanda appreciated that, because Eric and she were going to have to (mostly) support themselves now that they were going to be living together.

My mom and dad were doing great again, and behaved as though they'd never split up. I'd see them doing little things, and could remember them behaving the same way years and years ago. Mom had told me before that she was being very careful not to leave any unaccounted-for time, where dad could even suspect she was messing around, but she didn't say the first word about it on this trip; everything was all about my wedding.

Dinner was wonderful on the 19th, just Amanda and my family. Mom had to work, so Amanda and I started fixing dinner before mom got home, and I teased her about having to cook for Eric once they moved in together.

"Oh, if I have to cook, Eric will starve to death! Lucky for me, he can cook, or at least he says that he can. I guess that I'll find out if he was telling the truth about that. If I knock on your door, looking weak from hunger, you'll know that he can't!"

We laughed about that, but then figured out that we could save money if the four of us ate together a lot of evenings; four can eat more cheaply than two couples, and sometimes it's just hard cooking for two people. My mom had already realized that problem, and our wedding present from her was an oh-so-romantic vacuum food saver system for leftovers! Money was going to be a continual problem, until we were both graduated and starting our careers, and while mom couldn't help us with money, she thought of a good way to help us save what money we did have.

Everybody got up early for the drive to the Parker's farm; it's a solid two hours, and we left right at 8:00 AM; the wedding itself was scheduled for 11:00. My gown was a very simple one, and even though a lot of brides wear their hair up, I was leaving mine down, since I wasn't going to be wearing a veil. Dad drove, and mom and I sat in the back seat; Amanda was up front with my dad. Fortunately, it was a sunny morning, not too hot, and God must've been smiling on Dave and me, because it was supposed to be in the low 70s for the ceremony.

When we got to the Parkers' farm, Dave's sister Marie shooed the guys away, so that I could get into the house without Dave seeing his bride before the wedding. That's an old fashioned thing, kind of weird since we'd been living together, but it was still a nice touch. I changed into my gown in Marie's room, with Amanda and Dave's sisters there, all of us acting like giddy girls from fifty years ago on a wedding day. In a way, it was really corny, but it was also as sweet as could be. Dave's sisters, especially Marie, had kind of given me a hard time about having screwed around so much before I met Dave – though they didn't know just how much of a slut I'd been – but today they were nothing but supportive and great, and I knew that I was going to be welcome in this family.

Then Marie hugged me and thanked me. It turned out that our wedding had finally inspired Roger, her boyfriend, and he had asked her to marry him last night. We all wound up hugging at that point, and Betty and Marie were both crying, and then fussing over mussed makeup.

It was 10:45, when my mom came in, to remind us all of the time. I went to the window, to look out at the yard, and saw a white arbor, with red roses intertwined on it; that was where we'd be getting married, and I got a huge lump in my throat, and was about to cry myself. There were a bunch of people out there, almost all of them the Parkers' friends, and folding chairs for maybe eighty people. The grass and trees were the brilliant green of springtime, and fortunately it hadn't rained for several days, so the ground was firm, not muddy. I knew that the Parkers had some plywood in the barn, to use as a walkway if there had been a problem with mud, but that wasn't needed; there was a white runner rug leading up the aisle between the chairs, up to the wedding arbor. I could see Dave and his family, his Civil War re-enactor brother Carl standing beside him as best man, starting to head back to the house; he was Amanda's official escort for the ceremony. My dad handed me my bouquet, and I already knew: I was going to throw it to Amanda!

Oh, my God, this was really it! A few minutes later, Carl and my dad appeared, to escort Amanda and I down for the ceremony. First Carl and Amanda headed out, my dad and I hanging back for the necessary minute. He hugged and kissed me, and my big, masculine father, a tough, quiet man, was fighting back his own tears, as his little girl was about to get married.

I could hardly walk down the stairs, I was so nervous, but we made it, out of the house, down the side porch stairs, me holding my father's arm. There wasn't much wind, and the road was far enough away from the house that I could hear the (recorded) music Mrs Parker had arranged, Paschelbel's Canon in D, as my dad and I slowly walked up to, and then down the aisle.

I'd never met this minister before, though I knew he was the pastor at the church the Parkers attended, just a quarter mile down the road. I know that I heard the words, and did what I was supposed to do at all of the cues, but the only thing I can really remember is looking at Dave and his wonderful smile. This was what Dave wanted and this was what I wanted, and that was all that mattered; we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. When the minister said, "You may now kiss the bride," I just melted into Dave's arms, which was where I belonged, was where I always wanted to be.

I came back to earth after the ceremony, and the reception was just a big party at the farm. I met dozens of Parker cousins and uncles and whatnot, and if I had a small family, it seemed as though Dave was related to half of the county. We had a couple of toasts, but since we'd be driving away shortly, Dave took only a couple of sips. Betty got kind of goofy and put Tricia Yearwood's She's in Love with the Boy on the music system:

Her daddy say's he ain't worth a lick

When it comes to brains

He got the short end of the stick

But Katie's young and man she just don't care

She'd follow Tommy anywhere

She's in love with the boy

She's in love with the boy

She's in love with the boy

And even if they have to run away

She's gonna marry that boy someday

I had to laugh at that, knowing that she was making fun of her brother, but maybe teasing Marie and Roger as well. I told her that if she really wanted to play the right song for us, it would be Kenny Chesney's You had me from 'Hello.'

One word, that's all you said

Something in your voice called me, turned my head

Your smile, just captured me

You were in my future as far as I could see

And I don't know how it happened, but it happened still

You asked me if I love you, if I always will

Well you had me from hello

I felt love start to grow

The moment I looked into your eyes you won me

It was over from the start you completely stole my heart

And now you won't let go

I never even had a chance you know

You had me from hello

I got Marie off to the side for a second, and asked he if she'd mind: even though Roger had finally popped the question, I wanted Amanda to "catch" the bouquet. She understood, since Amanda was my best friend, and then, when the time came for us to take off, and the bride is supposed to toss the bouquet, I got it into my mind: I walked past Eric, and said, "Watch this." Then, instead of tossing the bouquet, I just walked up to Amanda, hugged her, and handed the bouquet to her.

Well, where we were going, we had to change, so Dave and I ran back into the house. We had our one-day honeymoon already planned, camping in the Gorge, and that meant jeans and hiking boots. I had thought about that sideboob shirt Dave liked so much when we'd been in the Gorge before, but I wasn't going to wear that in front of his whole family. It was warm enough for shorts, so I pulled on a pair of Daisy Dukes I had, but hadn't worn since last summer. I had a white wife beater tank top on, and pulled on a red gingham blouse on over that, tying it above the waist; I was pretty sure Dave would like that country cutie look, and I was right.

We said goodbye to everybody, hopped into Dave's car and headed out for the Gorge. I was kind of concerned that maybe Dave's special place to park his car might be taken – this time of year, with such great weather, there was a pretty good chance that other people would be wanting to hike the Gorge – but it was empty when we got there. We both had backpacks ready, mine with clothes and food, while Dave was carrying the camping equipment. Dave slung his 30.06 over his shoulder.

"Do we really need that?" I asked.

"Yeah, kind of. Bears are out of hibernation, and . . . ."

"Is this the Purina Bear Chow you were going to turn me into?" I joked with him.

"Well, it's probably a couple weeks too early, but mating season is coming up, and the males are out looking for females. The rifle is to keep us from becoming Bear Chow."

"So, you going to stand between me and the bear, or put me between you and the bear?" I was teasing him.

"Hey, the rule is that I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to be able to outrun you, but with those long legs of yours, who knows, you might outrun me, so I guess I have to have the rifle." Dave was teasing me back, so he got my arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss.

"Maybe you're just worried about those two chicks who wanted to have their way with you last fall."

I was getting familiar with the trail up to our camping spot, past the small waterfall and Rock Bridge. We were doing the same little teasing with each other we always did, the occasional grabs and kisses, and it was all familiar, but it was also subtly different. Always before, we'd been boyfriend and girlfriend, but now we were married, really married, preacher and piece of paper and all.

The outer blouse came off, so it was just the thin wife beater tank on me – why the Hell are they called that anyway? – and we were just enjoying each other's company, laughing and playing and kissing. Sometime around six, Dave built a small campfire, while I got out the food for supper. It wasn't much, just some tuna sandwiches, some baked beans and corn heated up over the fire. All we had to drink was water, but it was that wonderful mineral water from the fall. Then Dave made us some smores over the fire as the evening wore on.

I don't know how many brides get to have their wedding nights in a sleeping bag, in a tent in the woods, but I did, and it was heavenly. We'd made love a couple hundred times before, but even though we knew each other, knew what each other liked, this was different, different in a way I just can't explain. Our movements were all familiar, the sensations the same, Dave as fantastic as he always was, my climaxes as crashing as ever, but it was special in a way that I can't describe, even more than our first night together.

Waking up next to Dave, it was every bit as special as our first morning together. I could still remember that first morning, when I woke up just a minute or so before he did, seeing the slow rise and fall of his bare chest, the slight smile on his face as he slept. I remembered how happy I was that I'd made his first time so special, and wishing it had been my first time as well. Then I realized: this was special because it was our first morning together with Dave as my husband, with me as his wife. I knew that I'd remember this morning for the rest of my life.

Our first morning together, Dave awoke without realizing he wasn't alone in his bed as first, but when re remembered, and saw me beside him, his face had been flooded with complete joy. This morning, he knew that I was beside him, and the same smile was there, as he whispered to me, "Good morning, Mrs Parker." I knew: being married now was just as special to him as it was to me.

"Good morning, Mr Parker." Then we made it special again, coming together ever-so-slowly, first me on top, then him above, but always, always, looking into each other's eyes. Those deep blue-grey eyes of his, that wonderful smile he had, we were as much a part of each other as could ever be.

We took our time, before finally getting out of the tent to enjoy this wonderful day. There were a few clouds in the sky today, and I knew that there was a chance of rain later. Dave rebuilt the fire, and I got the bacon and eggs out of the cold pack.

Breakfast was simple, as you'd expect for over a campfire, but it was wonderful, just sitting cross-legged on the ground next to my husband.

We knew each other's movements, and started cleaning up as soon as we were done eating. I took the small food set down to the creek, and cleaned it as well as I could without detergent. It'd have to be cleaned before use again, but it was at least clean enough to stow away. While I did that, Dave took down our campsite and got our packs together.

We were walking back down the trail to where Dave had his car parked when I saw the movement, off to the right, maybe fifty yards away: it was a black bear, a mother with a single cub, foraging for food. Dave was instantly ready, but the bears weren't interested in bothering us, and I just stood there, watching them. They were gorgeous, and I wanted to try to get closer, but Dave would have none of that. "Black bears usually leave people alone, but you approach momma, and I'll have to shoot her, or you will become that bear chow you joked about."

"I guess so, but they're so cute," I gushed.

"Yeah, but I don't think that you'd look nearly as cute as you do now if you got up close and personal with momma bear." Dave didn't joke around when situations got serious, and I knew it. "I really don't fancy the idea of becoming a widower after one day."

"Well, if you do, at least you got your wedding night," and then I put my arms around him and started kissing him again. It took a lot longer than usual to make it back to the car.

We got back to the Parkers' farm around three in the afternoon. Of course, they'd known it would be a one-day honeymoon for us, and planned dinner for the whole family. We had wedding presents to open, and thank you notes to write. Most of the presents would have to be stored in Dave's bedroom, because our apartment was so crammed full, but what we got the most of was what we needed for now: cash. I guessed that Mrs Parker had let her family know about our real needs.

It was pretty late, after dark, when Dave and I headed back to Lexington. Someone had started restoring that dilapidated farmhouse where Dave had ravished me in the driveway last fall, so there was no stopping there, darn it!

It was almost eleven when we got back to the apartment. Dave had a whole week before he had to report to Fort Knox, but I had my first day with Central Bank in the morning, and I wanted a good night's sleep before that. Still, that didn't stop us from making love that night, kind of easy love rather than the hard-slamming, exhausting sex we sometimes had. I fell asleep with my head on Dave's shoulder.

My first day of work wasn't bad, mostly orientation and security checks. After all, while I wasn't going to be handling cash, I'd have access to some customer accounts, and there were like a zillion laws that applied. There were thousands of things I needed to learn, and learn fast, but I could already see it: if I did well on this job this summer, I had an almost guaranteed job here after graduation, so I had to buckle down and get it right. This was going to get us started out on the right foot, and now that I was an old married woman – of two whole days! – I had to think seriously about stuff like that.

12