My Saving Grace Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I hugged Aunt Lily, I saw Grace cringe as Uncle Trent insisted on giving her a hug. Melissa did the same, I noticed, when it was her turn. "Well, either you're knocked up, or you're finally putting some meat on that mousey ass of yours!" he said, with a sneer at her.

"As we announced to you at Thanksgiving, I'm pregnant, Uncle Trent," Mel replied coolly, refusing to rise to the bait. Chet, I noted, was giving Uncle Trent a rather unfriendly gaze, though he chose not to say anything. He did make a point of staying close to his wife whenever Trent was near her, though. I don't blame him in the least. If he'd made such a snide comment about my pregnant wife, he might get served an old-fashioned knuckle sandwhich.

Next to arrive was my Mother's oldest brother, my Uncle James (not Jim) and his wife Teela. He is a minister in a large, pretty well-to-do congregation on the other side of Indianapolis. My Uncle James wasn't at all like Uncle Trent, fortunately.

I believe in God, for sure, but organized religion and I just don't have a future together. Even though he knew my thoughts on the matter, Uncle James never tried to change my mind. He didn't preach to me or harangue me with fire and brimsone. I respected him a great deal for that.

My Aunt Teela was originally from India. Her name wasn't actually Teela, that was just as close as any of us could get to saying her name. Teela is also a very quiet woman. Like most the other women in our family, Teela is highly intelligent, but in her case "brilliant" might be a better word. In spite of all the duties she had to manage with taking care of the household and their four children, she found time to earn two bachelors degrees. One in Accounting and one in Computer and Information Systems. If her brain was a blade, it would be sharper than any Katana. Her dark-complexion and exotic, seemingly ageless good looks were the icing on the cake. Their children, including Chet, were among the most financially successful of my cousins, thanks to their Mother's insistence on education.

I gently hugged Aunt Teela's delicate form, and she pecked my cheek. "You have acquitted yourself remarkably well in some very trying circumstances, Nephew," she said, in her perfect, precise English. "I am most proud of you!"

"Yes indeen, Kevin!" said Uncle James.

"Clearly God guided your hand!" he said, laying a gentle hand on my shoulder. "And through HIS grace, you saved OUR Grace!" He laughed, and I joined him.

What he said was absolutely true, after all. I never could have done what I did without some serious help from the Man Upstairs, and I knew it well!

The rest of our extended family arrived in clumps over the next ten minutes or so, and soon the place was crowded. Grace and I greeted our various cousins, and others whose relations were distant enough that I'd need a flow chart to see exactly what the connection was. All told, it was quite a crowd.

In addition to family, a few guest had been invited. One of these was a well-built, Mediterranean-looking guy named Anthony. He was well-dressed and well-spoken, but I picked up a vibe from him that I didn't like. I couldn't really put my finger on what it was, it was just a feeling I had.

He was part of the youth outreach program at Uncle James' church, and was here at his invitation. He was going to college close to the church, and couldn't afford to return home for Christmas, so Uncle James brought him. For what it's worth, I agree with Uncle James and Aunt Teela that no one should have to spend this time of year alone.

"Hi," I said, shaking his hand. "I'm Kevin Richmond."

"Pleased to meet you, Kevin," he replied with a firm grasp.

"And I'm Grace Richmond," Grace said, smiling and offering her hand.

Then, to our surprise, he bypassed Grace's outstretched hand and wrapped her in a hug. Grace gave a startled squeak. Just as I stepped towards him, he wisely released her.

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Grace!" he said, with what he probably thought was a charming smile. "Pastor James has told me what you've been through recently. I want you to know that I've been praying regularly for you, that God would ease your burdens and bring you some peace."

"Thank you, that's very kind," Grace said politely, but without enthusiasm. "You'll have to pardon me, I don't normally hug on introduction."

"Of course, please excuse me if I overstepped any boundaries," he said. It might have just been me, but I couldn't detect the slightest hint of apology in his tone.

I could feel my right hand curling into a fist as I watched Anthony eye-fuck my sister in front of me, and our entire family. Seriously, was I the only one seeing this?! Apparently not, as Grandma took my arm. My right arm.

"Why don't you give me hand with some of the platters, Kevin? I think it's high time we started serving this amazing food, don't you?"

I nodded and smiled tightly at Grandma, allowing her to guide me into the restaurant's kitchen. As soon as we passed through the swinging doors into the kitchen, Grandma rounded on me.

"You're walking a dangerous line, Kevin," she said, flatly. "You know, that line between a brother's concern and a lover's jealousy? You're really close to stepping over it! Unless you're ready to have a certain conversation with the rest of the family, you'd best get a hold of yourself!"

"Grandma, did you see-"

"Of course I did! How many times must I say it? I'm old, not blind, and I'm certainly not stupid! But THINK, Kevin! Is Gracie going to drop you for anyone?"

"No," I replied.

"No! After what I saw in the hospital, I'd say not even death will keep you two apart! This kid is a little creepy, but he's not about to come between you and Grace. Nothing will. So relax!" Grandma shook me lightly.

"Remember what I said: make sure you choose the moment. Don't let the moment choose you!"

She stared hard at me, not looking away until I finally sighed. "You're right, Grandma. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be an ass-"

"No, sweetie, you're not an ass," she said, lovingly patting my cheek. "That Anthony boy, on the other hand...anyway, just watch yourself, Grandson!"

"I will, Grandma." I just hoped Anthony didn't lay his hands on my Grace again. I might just forget this was supposed to be a happy family gathering!

Grandma sighed and rolled her eyes at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she huffed, shaking her head. "Come on dear, wheel this first serving cart to the buffet table. I'll go get Chet to get the other."

###

Dinner was amazingly good – the food, I mean. Not that I expected anything less. Grandma and Grandpa are retired, but all the skills are still there. Chet and Melissa are definitely no slouches in the kitchen, either! Some of the company left something to be desired, though.

Anthony tried to sit next to Grace, but Grandpa was seated on her left and I was to her right, so he was out of luck there. I manfully restrained the urge to laugh when he asked if I'd be willing to let him sit next to Grace in order for him to "get to know her a little better." Instead, I merely pointed out the fact that there were several other unattached women present he was welcome to get to know – at tables that were elsewhere.

Again displaying a wisdom I didn't expect from him, Anthony took the hint and sat next to my cousin Elizabeth at the table across from ours. Making note of this, I again had to restrain my laughter; Elizabeth is extremely beautiful, kind, warm and sweet. Grace and I both loved her very much (she was on friendly terms with most people; she's a lot like Chet that way). The problem Anthony was going to run into was that Elizabeth is a lesbian, and I don't think her girlfriend was going to be any happier about Anthony's presence than I was!

Grace glanced at me, smirking.

"What?"

"Nothing, Kev. You're just so protective."

I shrugged it off. I had something very precious to me to protect. So sue me if I occasionally went a little overboard.

"It's okay," she whispered, her eyes full of merriment. "I like the way you protect me!"

###

With a gathering this large, we didn't have a gift exchange. Even if we did it just for the young children, it would still be a massive undertaking. Instead, the little ones were ushered into one of the private dining rooms were we'd set up a big screen TV and some Christmas movies. A few relatives sat and watched them, while everyone else socialized.

Dad put some soft music on, and he and Mom started dancing. He managed to get her under the mistletoe several times, with the desired result. The idea caught on quickly, and couples quickly joined them. Grandma gazed in our direction, her face full of concern. I didn't understand why for a minute, and then...

"How about a dance, pretty lady?" my Uncle Trent said, extending his hand to Grace. I had no way to object, without attracting unwanted attention. Without a glance at me, Gracie nodded and forced a polite smile to her lips.

Not able to help myself, I watched as Uncle Trent danced with my Grace, twirling her lightly to the music. I was pleasantly surprised to see that his hands stayed on her waist and didn't wander. I guess I should have suspected something. After dancing for only half of a song, Uncle Trent suddenly handed Grace off to Anthony! The bastard turned and looked at me as he passed her off, the wicked smirk on his face was plain to see!

Grace did her best not to show her dismay as Anthony whirled her around. He swiftly got her under the mistletoe and moved in for a kiss. Gracie just as quickly turned her head away, and it landed on her cheek.

I was up and out of my seat before I realized it, and was headed their way on a mission to kick ass! I only made it about half the distance before I was intercepted by none other than my cousin, Elizabeth.

"I think I need a dance, Kevin," she said, cheerfully.

"Maybe here in just a bit, Liza," I said, not wanting to be rude.

"Dance with me!" she insisted. "Grace will be fine, trust me."

That got my attention. Seeing my look, she smiled, but this smile was more forced. She took my hands and put them on her waist, then started dancing with me.

"The last thing you need is more attention," Elizabeth said softly, looking me in the eye. "Just keep dancing and watch."

I forced a smile on my lips and danced. Elizabeth smiled and shook her head at me. In just a few moments, though, I noticed the stout form of Fleur Brandt moving towards Grace and Anthony. Fleur is Elizabeth's girlfriend.

Originally from Quebec, Fleur is a very sturdy woman. She works as an auto mechanic (and from what I hear, she's damn good). Her arms are well-muscled, and her hands are the hands of a person that works for a living. She isn't manly, but she's not girly, either. I had liked her from the moment I met her. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who could earn the loving devotion of my cousin Elizabeth had to be a good person. I didn't realize just then that she was about to prove it in another way!

She approached the dancing couple and lightly tapped Grace on the shoulder.

"Hi, Grace," she said, in a thickly accented voice. "I'm cutting in."

Fleur casually removed Anthony's hands from Grace, and put them at her own waist. I could see he was a little distressed to realize he couldn't break her grip.

"Let's dance, little boy," she said, and proceeded to lead him in a lively waltz.

Fleur, with her strong, stout build, was actually a graceful and skilled dancer. Even saddled with an less than enthusiastic partner. The two of them had the amused attention of most the other dancers as they twirled around the small cleared area we were using as a dance floor. I laughed softly as they wandered under the mistletoe and Fleur sloppily kissed his cheek, leaving a wet smear in his well trimmed facial hair.

"See?" Elizabeth said, very softly. "Trust me, he'll get the message and leave her alone."

I stopped resisting and began enjoying my dance with my sweet cousin. She smiled happily. As we passed under the mistletoe ourselves, she laughed and pecked me on the cheek. Finally, seeing something I didn't, she led me off the floor to an out of the way table. Grace and Fleur were aleady seated.

I touched Grace's shoulder, and she reassured me with a look. Then, I swept Fleur into a tight hug, which she returned.

"Thanks, Fleur!" I said, beaming. She chuckled, and shook her head, casually brushing her chestnut hair away from her face.

"It was nothing, Kevin. I enjoyed encouraging him to take no for an answer!" she said, with a much less pronounced accent.

"Look, you two," Elizabeth began, "you need to be more careful. A lot more careful! Especially you, Kevin. I think that bastard father of mine (she was talking about Uncle Trent) suspects something already!"

"I don't really know what you mean, L-"

"Kevin, cut the merde," Fleur said kindly, but firmly. "We know a lot more about irregular relationships than you do! We can both see the two of you are deeply in love!"

Elizabeth nodded in firm agreement with her lover. "Yes, Kevin, she's right! And I think Grandma knows, too. She keeps watching the two of you!"

"Yes," Grace said quietly. "Grandma knows all too well. She cornered Kevin in the hospital, and he told her. She agreed to keep our secret, for now."

"Okay, that makes sense," Elizabeth said, thoughtfully. "If my 'dear ole dad' does suspect something, though, that's a very serious problem for you. You know he lives to cause strife."

And she should know first-hand, I thought. My Uncle Trent had pretended to be aghast that his daughter was a lesbian (though he'd used the words rug-muncher). He had publicly shunned her for years. He'd told family about how he booted her out of his house (completely ignoring the fact that she'd moved into her own place two full years prior), and generally tried everything he could to make her life miserable.

He had even tried playing the religious card against her, only to be shut down hard by Uncle James. I remember well, the Thanksgiving celebration 2 years ago when Uncle James had embraced both Elizabeth and Fleur and blessed them in front of everyone. He had then made a point of welcoming Fleur to the family, and saying that she was welcome in his home any time she wanted to visit. Uncle Trent had had to watch in helpless fury. After all, if Uncle James accepted things as they were, what could he say?

How anyone, even a man like Trent, could do things like that to his OWN CHILD was beyond my ken! Oh, and I said Uncle Trent pretended to be aghast, because in truth he couldn't care less that she preferred sex with other women. He just wanted to stir trouble and revel in the resulting turmoil and suffering, the bastard!

"Kevin, Grace...how serious is this, between you?" Elizabeth asked, interrupting my dark thoughts. "I mean, I know it isn't really my business, and if you don't want to talk, just tell me, but-"

She broke off and stared in amazement as Grace carefully pulled the ring out from where she'd tucked it away.

"WOW!" Elizabeth whispered intently.

"Mon Dieu!" Fleur gasped.

"Okay, that's...pretty damn serious," Elizabeth said.

Gracie quickly tucked the ring away again. The four of us were quiet for a long moment. Finally, I stirred.

"Look," I said, very quietly. "I intend, in the near future, to live with Gracie as my wife." Seeing the looks on both their faces, I smiled tightly. "Oh, I know, we can never get legally married. At least you two can go out of state and get married. We can't even do that. But, we can live together as man and wife. Of course, there will be...bumps in the road, let's say."

Fleur laughed, somewhat bitterly. "Oui! 'Bumps in the road' are something else we know much about, Kevin!"

"It goes without saying that we will keep your secret," Elizabeth said, smiling. "In fact, if you like, we will stand with you when you decide it's time to come out!"

"Yes," Fleur said emphatically. "You will need the support of friends, believe me!"

"And we are your friends; your family, no matter what!" Elizabeth said.

Grace and I were both touched. I rose and hugged them both again. "Thank you both, so very much!"

"We love you!" Gracie said, also embracing them both, one at a time.

"And we love you too!"

###

The party was finally breaking up. Many people, having long drives ahead of them, had already left. Grace, our parents, Chet, Grandpa, and I, were all cleaning up. I'd already collected the dishes and was feeding them in lots through the massive commercial dishwasher. Chet was moving the tables back into place. Grandma and Melissa were putting away the leftovers (not that there were many). Mom was vacuuming the dining room.

Again, working together as a team, we managed to get things ship-shape pretty quickly.

"That'll do, guys," Chet said tiredly. "I have a few folks who need the extra pay coming in tomorrow evening to do a thorough cleaning and to catch anything we missed. It's time we called it a night!"

There was round of hugs, kisses, and handshakes all around. All our "Merry Christmas" wishes were made, and at last we were leaving. Grandma looked like she wanted to say something, but apparently decided not to.

Grace and I walked out to the RV with Mom and Dad. We said our goodbyes. Dad reminded us that they would be back at the house the week before Grace's graduation. Then, Dad gave the two of us a somewhat pained look.

"Kids...your Mom and I try to stay out of your sex lives. You're both adults now...but please, if you decide to date more sociopaths that need to be shot at, please don't bring them into the house, okay?"

"And keep your swimming confined to the warmer months, alright?" Mom added.

"No more falling in broken glass!" Dad said, his smile breaking through. Yeah, their humor had me in stitches. Get it, stitches? Oh, nevermind!

"Okay, okay, guys," I said, laughing. "We get the message!"

With one last hug and "I love you," they boarded the RV to get some sleep before they hit the road in the morning. I took Grace's hand, and we got into my Subaru for the trip home.

As soon as I reached the highway – which was well cleared by then – Gracie took my hand. We rode home, listening to Christmas Carols. Our silence was loving, and contemplative. We at last reached the house. I parked in the driveway and we quickly entered the house. After we got inside, I made sure the house was all locked up and then set the alarm.

Afterward, I found Gracie waiting upstairs for me in my room. I smiled as her lovely dress pooled at her feet. He bra and panties quickly followed it, revealing her beautiful curves. I quickly stripped out of my suit and eagerly took my beautiful, amazing sister into my arms.

We kissed, deep and wet. I'd never been so excited, and I'd never seen myself so hard! It felt like my cock could drill through concrete! I broke the kiss and lifted Grace up and into my arms, and carried her to my bed. She moaned happily; she'd told me how excited it made her when I showed how strong I was.

I sank onto the bed by her side, kissing and nibbling at her sensitive neck, before moving down to feast on her firm breasts. I savored the feeling of her nipples hardening as I stroked them with my tongue. But, I didn't linger there too long.

I quickly kissed down her torso, over belly, and straight into her fragrant womanhood. Oh, I loved her taste! Her sweet musky flavor electrified me as I slid my tongue over, around, and through her savory folds, teasing and caressing her mound of Venus. After enjoying myself for several minutes, I tenderly started to lick her clit, alternately flicking it with the tip of tongue, and swiping over it with the broad flat of my tongue. I even tried to suck it like it was a tiny penis! (That brought a delighted moan from her.)