New Girl in Town Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mr. Golden laughs and nudges Jessica. "It looks like someone's more excited for your date tonight than you are."

"She's just anxious to set up her tea party." Jessica tells him.

"Am not," Sarah states as she reaches the door. "What's ank shush mean?"

"Sarah, you know how Jess's knees have been bouncing for last hour. That's what anxious mean." Dr. Golden laughs.

"Mom," Jessica shouts.

"I wasn't bouncy," Sarah adds.

"No you weren't so maybe let Jessica greet her guest." Dr. Golden suggests.

"Will that stop her from being bouncy?" Sarah asks.

"Probably," Mr. Golden answers with a chuckle.

"If you all keep this up, I'm not letting Jake in." Jessica announces but rescinds that when Sarah begin to pout. "Fine, he can come in, say hey, set up your tea party but then we've gotta go. The seminar starts at seven."

Jessica opens the door as my finger is reaching to ring the bell. "Hey Jake," she says with a smile on her slightly flushed face.

"Hey Jess, uh is everything all right? You look a little flushed." I ask as she ushers me inside.

"It's just a little warm in here," She answers.

"She was all bouncy," Sarah states.

"Bouncy," I ask as Jessica shakes her head.

"Jess has a tendency to bounce her knees when she's feeling anxious." Dr. Golden explains. "Welcome back Jake, it's nice to see you again."

"Thank you ma'am, I'm glad to be back." I tell her.

"How's your car running Jake? I sure would like to take her for a spin." Mr. Golden tells us.

"Next time daddy," Jessica answers. "We should probably get going."

"After," Sarah chimes in giving Jessica a look.

"After you set up your tea party with Sarah," She tells me.

I kneel down to Sarah's level and ask. "What day is good for everyone Sarah?"

Sarah looks to her mom and dad who stifle their laughs before Dr. Golden answers. "Any day after school is good for us Jake. I know you have practice and that can run late at times."

"Not next week," I answer. "The Blue and Orange scrimmage is on Friday so the coaches usually don't push us too hard the week of."

"What's the Blue and Orange scrimmage?" Mr. Golden asks.

"It's our tune up for the season. First team plays against second team for a full four quarters." I explain.

"Sounds fun, we should go to that." Mr. Golden says looking over at his wife who nods.

"If it's okay with Jake," Jessica asks.

"It's fine with me. You get in for free and most of the students come out to watch."

"Even Roxie," Dr. Golden asks.

"I take it that you've met Roxie," I chuckle. "She has been known to make an appearance."

"How about you come over Monday then? You can eat dinner with us, give us details on game time, have your tea party and then we can work on homework together." Jessica suggests.

"I really wouldn't want to impose on your dinner," I tell her.

"It wouldn't be an imposition Jake. We'd be glad to have you over for dinner." Dr. Golden assures me.

"We're used to having Jessica's friends over. Our house back in Charlotte felt like teen headquarters." Mr. Golden states.

"As long as you're both sure then I guess our tea party will be Monday Sarah. Is that okay with you?" I ask.

"Yep," She answers with an enthusiastic nod.

"Okay then," I stand and turn to Jessica. "We should probably get going."

"Right, just let me grab my purse."

"What time should I have her home by?" I ask as Jessica departs.

"How long is the seminar?" Mr. Golden asks.

"They're usually around an hour long and then there's a question and answer period afterwards. They can go a half hour to forty five minutes but we aren't required to stay for that to get the extra credit." I explain.

"Well her curfew was midnight," Mr. Golden begins but Jessica cuts him off as she reappears with her purse.

"It was one and it still is." Jessica states.

"That was back in Charlotte where we knew where every place you were going was. Until we get the lay of the land your curfew is midnight." Dr. Golden tells her.

"Twelve thirty," Jessica counters. "And I'll text you each place we stop."

Mr. Golden sighs and looks at his wife who nods. "Fine, twelve thirty, but text us so we know where you are."

"I'll text and check in at each place we stop so it'll map on your GPS." Jessica answers then proceeds to give her family hugs before leading me towards the door.

****

"I get to drive already," Jessica asks as I lead her over to passenger side of my car.

"Not until you've gotten a feel for how she drives." I answer as I open the door for her. "What, guy's don't open doors for girls in Charlotte?"

"Sure but that's usually reserved for dates isn't it?" She asks as she slides in.

"Isn't that what this is? I mean I've heard all around school that's what this is." I joke as I hop in.

She shakes her head. "This can't be a date because I'm not dressed up enough for that."

"I don't know, you look pretty amazing from here." I smile.

"You better watch it mister because if you keep paying me compliments this could turn into a date pretty quick."

"Duly noted," I answer.

As I crank my car, Jessica giggles. "Wow, she really does sound like a hell beast."

"Nah, she just purrs a little loud."

"Uh huh," She answers. "So do you have any good tunes to listen to or are the local stations our only hope?"

"Pop the glove box." I tell her.

She does and notices the auxiliary slot immediately. "Oh cool," She states.

"Yeah I know it throws off the old school feel but I need my music when I'm driving and as you've probably found out, the stations around here are kind of lackluster."

"All right then, I'm in charge of the music so hand over your phone and I'll find us something." She states holding out her hand.

I do as she requests and soon she's scrolling through my music.

"Ooo, this looks interesting," She states finding something she wants to hear. A moment later Take It Off by The Donna's begins playing out of the speakers. Soon Jessica is bobbing her head along with beat with a smile on her face.

"Like that huh," I ask.

"Love it," She answers. "I can how you turned Shelly into a rocker. I can't wait to see what else you've got in here."

****

"Well, what's the verdict?" I ask once I've found a parking space at the planetarium.

"Of the ride, the town, the planetarium or the music," Jessica asks.

"Up to you," I answer before getting out.

She meets me at the front of the car and we begin walking towards the entrance.

"The town looks nice," She states after some hesitation.

"Not big enough right," I ask.

"Growing up in a big city was nice but this place seems... I dunno... cozy." She answers.

"Cozy huh," I tease.

"There's nothing wrong with cozy." She answers tucking a strand of her ash blonde hair behind her ear. I give her a smile then she reaches out and clasps my hand. I'm confused but I'm not going to yank my hand away from a beautiful girl though I do give her a "what's going on" look.

She smiles and nods her head towards her right. Looking over I see Lee Ann and Dean walking along behind us.

"And," I whisper.

"Sometimes it helps to give people a little nudge," she answers with a smile.

****

"It's so nice to see lab partners come together to these things." Mrs. Harper states as she greets us just inside the planetarium lobby.

"We wouldn't miss it." Jessica answers with a smile.

"Did you have to drag Jake or vice versa?" Mrs. Harper jokes nodding down towards where our hands are still clasped together.

"Well since this is a new city for me I didn't want to give Jake an opportunity to lose me." Jessica answers.

"Jake wouldn't let that happen." Lee Ann says as she and Dean join us.

"Well well, another pair of lab partners arrives together. This is looking to be a great year in this class." Mrs. Harper states. "Lee Ann, were you worried about Dean escaping you as well?"

I look down and see that Lee Ann and Dean are holding hands as well.

"No ma'am," Lee Ann giggles.

Mrs. Harper sighs. "Okay let's go into the amphitheater for the presentation and I expect the four of you to sit close to the front."

"We'll be with you in just a minute Mrs. Harper." I tell her.

She nods and leads Dean and Lee Ann inside.

"Problem," Jessica asks.

"You've got a text to send." I remind her.

"Oops, almost forgot." She answers then pulls out her phone and narrates her text as she types. "Checking in. We're at the planetarium. Heading inside now to meet up with teach. Thank Jake for reminding me. Hugs from your Jessi G."

"Jessi G," I ask.

"It's our code to let them know everything is fine. If I don't sign or sign anything other than that and they'll come running," She explains.

"Oh wow, that's not good. I mean the idea is great but isn't that something you shouldn't be telling me?"

"If I thought for a second that I'd need it with you I wouldn't be here. Now come on before Mrs. Harper comes looking for us."

****

Mrs. Harper gives us a nod when we enter the auditorium and Jessica leads us to a pair of seats just in front of Lee Ann and Dean.

"Nice move with them," I whisper to Jessica while we're waiting for the speaker to begin.

"It worked didn't it," She asks nodding to Dean and Lee Ann.

"I wasn't complaining but if you ask me to make out with you..."

"You'll do it without any hesitation." She finishes and I just shake my head. "Don't worry, your lips are safe."

Disappointment flows through me but I chuckle. "That might just be the meanest thing you've said to me yet."

She shakes her head. "Shut up. Just put your arm around me and watch the presentation."

It's my turn to shake my head but I do as she asks. A few moments later Dean puts his arm around Lee Ann.

"I'm a matchmaking genius," Jessica shares in a whisper.

"You're something," I tell her.

"You know it," She answers as she lays her head on my shoulder just as the lights begin to dim.

****

"Are you guys heading over to the Thunderbird?" Dean asks when we all gather at the front of my car after leaving the planetarium.

"What's the Thunderbird?" Jessica asks.

"Don't worry about it and no we're not." I answer them both.

"It's the local make out spot," Lee Ann tells her.

"Oh really," Jessica asks nudging me.

"It's an abandoned drive in theater just outside of town." I explain.

"The woods have all grown up around the place so it's nice and secluded." Lee Ann adds.

"Sounds spooky, let's go see it!" Jessica says excitedly.

Dean and Lee Ann laugh while I shake my head.

"It's too dangerous to explore at night," I answer her. "I'm thinking of taking Jess to Smitty's for ice cream."

"Ooo, have you been yet Jessica?" Lee Ann asks and Jessica shakes her head. "You are in for a treat."

"Best ice cream in the state." Dean shares.

"Ice cream, you say. We might be going to the make out spot and not to explore." Jessica teases.

Again, Dean and Lee Ann laugh while I shake my head.

"Well we'd better get going before I tease my way out of ice cream. You guys have fun and we'll see you Monday." Jessica tells them.

"Enjoy your ice cream," Lee Ann says then hugs Jessica whispering a thank you into her ear as she does.

"You guys be safe if you head out there." I tell Dean who nods.

"I doubt we will. It's only our second date after all." He answers.

"My driveway is just as good for making out anyway," Lee Ann laughs. She grabs Dean by the hand and pulls him towards where they parked.

Jessica giggles then says, "I believe someone mentioned ice cream."

"I did," I answer as I open the door for her.

"Such a gentleman," She says giving me a smile. "How is it that you're single?"

"That's a long story for another time," I tell her.

"Whenever you want to talk about it, I'll be here."

"Thanks but I believe I promised a pretty lady some ice cream."

****

"What are you going to get?" Jessica asks as she looks over the menu behind the cashier.

"I usually get a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate." I answer.

"That sounds yummy," She says.

"It's almost as good as our sundae's," the cashier shares.

"Ooo, those are my weakness," Jessica says with a laugh then makes her decision. "I'll take a hot fudge sundae please."

"One hot fudge and one dipped cone comes to five seventy three," the cashier states.

Jessica reaches into her purse but I'm already handing over six dollars. "I've got it Jess," I tell her.

"Oh okay, thanks," She answers.

A few minutes later, we're seated at an outdoor table enjoying our ice cream.

"How's yours?" I ask.

"It's really good. I'm going to have to get mom and dad to bring Sarah here. She'll love it. I gotta text them. At place called Smitty's. BEST ICE CREAM EVER!! Hugs Jessi G."

"I guess I should swing by here before our tea party then?"

"Get her all wound up on sugar? You're a lot braver than I am Jake." Jessica laughs. "Seriously thanks for that. Most guys wouldn't pay Sarah any attention much less let her drag him to her room for a tea party."

"It's nothing really. She's like a mini-you so of course I couldn't say no to her."

"Can't say no to me, can't say no to my sister, you are in big trouble Jake." She teases.

"I trust you not to take too much advantage of me. Now Sarah on the other hand," I laugh.

"Sarah is going to eat you alive." Jessica announces with a giggle. "Don't worry though; I've got your back. I won't let her get too far out of hand."

"You'll keep me out of tutus?" I ask.

"Not a chance," she answers laughing. "I'll bet you've got great legs."

"Well on that note, I should probably be getting you home."

She pulls out her cell phone. "It's only a little after ten."

"It's a small town."

"We could always check out that drive in." She suggests.

"I can see that text going over so well with your folks. The cops would be there before we got halfway up the screen." I tell her.

"Wait, you climb the screen?" She asks confused.

"There's a staircase inside it. For maintenance, I suppose back when it was in operation. The view at the top is great."

"Of all the people making out below," She teases.

"Ha, ha," I say, "of Belews Lake and of the city lights as long as it's a clear night."

"Like tonight," She hints.

I shake my head. "Tonight would be good but I don't have all my gear with me."

"Gear," She asks.

"The stairs there are good but not great in places. It helps if you can see so I would normally take some headlamps and chemlights with me. Without them it'd be too dark and I'm not willing to risk my favorite volleyball player's ankle before the season even starts."

"Okay I'll give you that one," She says then giggles, "even if I do know the main reason you don't want to risk it is so you don't miss out seeing me in my uniform."

"I happen to think you'll look great in orange and blue."

"I'll make sure to come and find you when I get my uniform so you can give me your honest opinion."

"Without drooling," I joke.

"Yes, without drooling please," She laughs.

****

Mr. Golden looks up from his laptop when he hears a familiar rumble outside.

"Is that them already," Dr. Golden asks looking up from her hospital papers.

"I'd say so unless you know another car that sounds like that." He answers then looks at the time. "They're a full hour and a half ahead of curfew."

"You don't think something happened do you?" Dr. Golden asks.

"Her texts didn't indicate anything was wrong," He answers as they see the headlights play across the living room. "I guess we'll know in a few minutes."

"We're back," Jessica announces quietly a minute later as she leads us into the living room. "I assume Sarah's asleep."

"About an hour ago," Dr. Golden answers. "Is everything all right?"

"We got thirsty after the ice cream." Jessica answers.

"Your place was closer, I hope that's okay," I ask.

"Of course that's perfectly fine," Dr. Golden answers getting to her feet. "Let me get you some glasses."

"We've got it Mom," Jessica tells her but she and Mr. Golden follow us into the kitchen. They sit at the table while Jessica steers me towards the stools at the bar. "Water okay for you," She asks.

"Please," I answer. She pulls two bottles from the fridge and hands me one as she sits.

"Glasses Jessica," Dr. Golden sighs.

"It's just water mom." Jessica answers as she takes a sip.

"So how was the exhibition?" Mr. Golden asks us.

"It was pretty interesting but the ice cream afterwards was the best." Jessica tells them garnering a laugh.

"We could tell. I've never seen you use that many exclamation points in a text before." Dr. Golden laughs.

"It's really good ice cream," Jessica answers as she fails to hide the blush that's tinting her cheeks. "You'd have gotten more exclamation points if I could have talked Jake into taking me to the local make out spot."

Her parents eyes go wide then they turn towards me and I know I'm about to be tossed out on my ass.

"Oh not like that. It's an old drive in and you know how I am about seeing abandoned places." Jessica explains quickly when she notices the look on their faces.

A look of relief crosses their faces but I think I should take this time to leave.

"I should be getting home," I announce getting to my feet.

"I'll walk you out," Jessica says joining me.

"Thank you for the water," I tell her parents.

"Anytime," Mr. Golden answers but the smile has faded from his face.

Once we're outside Jessica apologizes. "I'm sorry that I shot off my big mouth but don't worry, I'll fix it."

"It's fine Jess, you don't have to fix anything." I tell her.

"No I do," She states. "I messed up and this "date that isn't a date" was the best date I've been on in long time."

"I find that very hard to believe. You're beautiful, smart and fun to be around so forgive me if I find it hard to believe that an exhibition on weather and some ice cream is the best you can get."

"The abandoned drive in would have shot it straight to the top of the best date ever. I'm being serious." She shares.

"I think it would have gotten me shot by your parents more likely." I answer.

"I'm going to fix that." She reiterates. "Everything will be fine for when you come over on Monday after school."

"Yeah, we should probably postpone that."

"Are you going to let my little Sar-bear down Jake?"

I sigh. "You're abusing knowing that I can't say no to you. You know that right?"

"How'd you put it the other day, I only use my powers for good, I think it went." She answers.

"All right, I'll be over on Monday as long as it's still okay with your parents."

"It will be, I promise." She tells me then glances back towards the house. "I should be getting back inside."

I nod and open my car door. "See you Monday Jessica."

"I'll text you tomorrow, if that's okay."

"Sounds good, night Jess," I say giving her a smile.

"Night Jake," She replies. I watch her walk away as I crank my car and wonder how an actual date with her would have ended differently. "Get it out of your head Jake, she's out of your league." I tell myself as I pull out of her driveway and head home.

****

Monday

"You're positive that it's okay that I come over tonight," I ask Jessica as we sit down for lunch.

"Oui," Jessica answers.

"Oh, she's busting out the French on you Jake. What'd you do wrong?" Staci asks with a laugh.

"He refuses to listen to English so I thought another language might get through his thick skull." Jessica states.

"I did nothing and leave my bone density out of this," I defend.

"You forget that we know you Jake," Roxie chimes in. "So what'd the goofball do Jessica?"

"He doesn't listen," Jessica answers, in English this time.

"Oh I listen; it's the believing that I have a problem with." I answer.

"Is this still going on," Shelly asks as she and Jody join us.