New Girl in Town Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And we're going to be doing all that once I pick a college for us both." Patrick tells him. "There's no splitting us up, right?"

"Yeah but you had better not screw me again with this Jake bullshit. After people saw that video I was getting all kinds of angry looks." Jamie points out with a belch.

Patrick nods. "So you have to be the bad guy for a little while. So what?"

"So I think that you should think about dropping this thing you have going on with Jake. Your usual shit ain't working like it used to. He was already beating you with that tall bitch you're so wrapped with and now he's beat you on the field."

"He didn't fucking beat me. I wasn't on the field when he threw those touchdown passes, that was you." Patrick snaps.

"Whatever," Jamie sighs.

"You do have a point though." Patrick admits after regaining his composure. "I need to get back to the drawing board and come up with something new. Jake fucking Gibson is not going to beat me again this year."

****

After saying goodnight to the group chat, Jessica is surprised when her cell rings.

"Did I forget something Staci?" She asks in greeting.

"No... well not really but I've been thinking about something since I left practice but I didn't want to ask you in front of everyone." Staci says.

"Oh okay," Jessica answers. "What do you need?"

"It's something that Jake mentioned to me and it got me curious." Staci answers.

"That could be any number of things considering the source." Jessica laughs.

"What's the real reason you won't date him? And don't give me the I'm only here a year excuse. I don't buy it." Staci answers.

Jessica is quiet for several moments before she finally answers. "Sean Durant. He was my boyfriend when I lived in Charlotte. It didn't end well."

"I'm so sorry Jess." Staci apologizes. "If you don't want to talk about it..."

"No, I feel like I kind of need to. It's time I got it out anyway." Jessica sighs.

"Should I come over and bring ice cream?" Staci asks. "Or better yet, you should come over and we can soak in the hot tub and talk."

"I appreciate the offer Staci but it's fine." Jessica tells her.

"Okay, if you're sure." Staci says.

"I am." Jessica answers. "Sean and I dated a while."

"How long is a while?" Staci asks.

"Since our sophomore year." She answers.

"Oh wow," Staci gasps. "That's a long time."

"You're telling me." Jessica answers. "Anyway, we did the whole promise to be each others first thing and right before we moved here, he and I did just that."

"And you weren't ready." Staci concludes.

"Not in the least." Jessica answers. "I mean we had done stuff already but I didn't feel like we were at that step but my friends and his friends were all talking about how sweet it was that we were going to do it as a way to say goodbye."

"Jessica, you've never struck me as a person that gives in to peer pressure." Staci tells her.

"They're why I don't anymore." Jessica answers. "I let our friends pressure me into doing it. I let Sean pressure me into doing everything he wanted..."

"Everything?" Staci asks worriedly.

"Oh no, not everything everything. Just oral and regular screwing." Jessica clarifies.

"Thank god," Staci sighs. "I was worried for a second there."

"Staci, was your first time... terrible?" Jessica asks.

"I wouldn't say terrible but it wasn't what I thought it was supposed to be. I kind of chalked it up to being a little drunk and being with a selfish asshole who goes by the name of Patrick Greene." Staci admits.

"I'm sorry Staci. That sounds awful." Jessica apologizes. "While it wasn't great things have changed for the better now. Well, kind of I guess. I mean Ray and I haven't gone all the way yet but what we have done is worlds better than anything I ever did with Patrick." Staci answers. "That's why I told you that I envied you after I kissed Jake. When the two of you finally get together and take that step he'll make sure it's so great for you."

"Maybe it will but I hated it, Staci. I gagged on him and he didn't seem to care. He just pushed my head off, yanked on a condom and shoved it in me. It hurt the whole time we did it." Jessica shares. "I was afraid that something was wrong with me because all my friends could talk about was how good it felt and all that. I even had my mom take me to a gynecologist but she told me that everything down there worked fine."

"He was just a fucking asshole and if I ever see him, I'll kick his ass!" Staci nearly shouts. "What a piece of absolute garbage!"

"I certainly see that now but it's kind of screwed things up, ya know? I've put up these walls because I don't want that to happen to me again." Jessica tells her.

"And Jake is chipping away at those walls, right?"

"He chipped away at the first one until there was nothing left. After that it felt like I started installing doors just for him to walk through." Jessica answers.

"Some of those doors are still locked though aren't they?" Staci asks.

"They might always be. I just don't know." Jessica admits.

"I really hope they aren't, Jessica." Staci tells her. "I want you to be happy. I want the both of you to be happy and I think that involves you two getting together."

"Maybe it does." Jessica sighs.

"Well, I'm here for you whenever you need me. You know that, don't you?" Staci asks.

"I do and I love you, Staci."

"Love you too, Jess."

****

TUESDAY

The now expanded lunch group is sitting in their usual spot in the stadium just as lunch is starting.

"So explain this trading thing to me again?" Marybeth asks Bobby.

"Jake agrees to a horrible trade because he's a wuss then he whines about it until the bell rings." Bobby answers.

"You're lucky my throwing arm is out of commission." I state as I try to throw my napkin at him with my non-dominant arm. It goes poorly.

Ray cracks up laughing. "And I thought your passes in the game were ugly."

"When it did become okay to pick on an injured guy?" I ask them.

"When you became the injured guy." Roxie answers.

"Oh gee, thanks Roxie." I shake my head.

"Jake, can I ask you a question?" Staci asks.

"Depends on how badly you're going to make fun of me in said question." I answer.

"Marginally," She answers with a wink.

"That would be a nice change of pace, ask away." I tell her.

"Well we all know that Jessica's ringtone for you is (You Drive Me) Crazy by Britney but no one seems to know what you picked for her." She says.

"Yeah, we talked about that last night in chat and no one seems to know what it is." Jessica informs me.

"Not even me and I know what her nickname is in your phone." Shelly shares.

"Ooo, what did you put in for her nickname, Jake?" Staci asks.

"You should be asking her. She's the one that chose it, not me." I answer.

"Oh like it wasn't exactly what you would have used anyway, Jake." Jessica tells us.

"I like to think that I'm not that... pervy." I answer.

"Pervy huh?" Staci giggles. "You are so going to have to tell me what this nickname is now."

"Damn Jake, you are good." Ray laughs.

"How so?" Marybeth asks.

"He got them more interested in Jessica's nickname than finding out what ringtone he uses for her." Bobby points out.

"It was working so well." I sigh.

"Yeah but you got busted so I'll find out what your ringtone is right now." Jessica answers. She pulls out her cell and hits my number.

A few seconds later my phone begins playing the chorus from She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd.

"That had better be that bitch Somer calling you, Jake or you're going to learn first hand about the knees and elbows thing that we talked about yesterday." Jessica glares at me.

I cover my nose with my hand and tuck my chin to my chest to protect my throat. "It's just a joke." I answer her.

"I'm not laughing." She tells me then looks around the group. Bobby, Ray and Roxie are all trying not to laugh and failing miserably at it while Jody, Staci and Marybeth just look confused. Shelly on the other hand is refusing to meet Jessica's gaze.

"Shelly," Jessica gasps.

"Fine, I told him that you were going to try this today but it's not like you don't deserve having a little bit of fun poked back at you. Especially after what happened yesterday. Am I wrong?" Shelly asks.

"No, you aren't but he ended up getting even more numbers than just hers so that counts for something, right?" Jessica asks.

"Maybe," Shelly agrees then giggles. "The look on your face when that song started playing was so worth it though."

"I didn't know someone could look shocked and pissed at the same time Jessica but you pulled it off nicely." Roxie laughs.

"Thanks Roxie," Jessica sighs.

"I've switched it back to what it it really was so feel free to try it again." I tell Jessica.

"I'm not sure that I want to now." She tells us getting another round of laughs. She then sighs and presses the button again. This time Tesla's Getting Better begins to play.

"Oh," Jessica says as she listens until I stop it.

"How was that? Let me guess. Better, right?" I ask teasingly.

"You are such a dork." Bobby laughs.

"What? That was perfectly timed I thought." I argue.

"It was but you're still a dork, Jake." Staci giggles then surprises me with a hug. "A wonderfully lovable dork."

"Agreed," Jessica says. "Truly lovable dork but don't think that I won't get you back for that little stunt. Like Staci told you, I owe you and I pay off my debts, too."

****

"How's the shoulder feeling today, Jake?" Dean asks as we're leaving Mrs. Harper's class.

"A little stiff but better." I answer.

"You missed this." Jessica says handing me pamphlet as she and Leeann join us in the hallway.

"I got us one, Dean." Leeann tells him as I look the one Jessica's holding over.

"There's a meteor shower this whole weekend. How cool is that?" Jessica asks.

"You've got a weird definition of cool, Jessica." Dean laughs.

"I'm a big city girl remember, Dean? I've never seen a meteor shower before because the city lights drown them out. So getting to see one out here and at a planetarium no less, will be pretty cool." Jessica tells him then turns to Leeann. "Which night are you guys going?"

"I'm thinking Saturday night." Leeann answers. "That way we'll have Friday for date night then get the extra credit on Saturday."

"That sounds like that could work for you too, Jake." Jessica states.

"You two have a date on Friday night, too?" Dean asks.

"I don't, but Jake probably will. He's gotten pretty popular lately in case you haven't noticed." Jessica tells them.

"Oh I've noticed but that's going to change anything much about you is it, Jake?" Leeann asks.

"My hands are getting a lot cleaner." I joke causing Jessica to shake her head. "So we're doing Saturday for extra credit too then?"

"That works for me." Jessica answers. "Oh, will Mrs. Harper be there for both nights?"

"She usually is but if she misses a night, she leaves a sign in sheets for students so we're covered, but aren't we supposed to go out Saturday to see about getting you a car?" I ask.

"That's in the morning. We'll be done by mid-afternoon at the latest and if we aren't we don't exactly have to dress up for the planetarium. So even if we're running late, we can just go when we're done." Jessica points out.

"That's fine with me." I tell her.

"You're not going to get a hellbeast too are you, Jessica?" Leeann asks.

"Oh no, I'm not quite ready for that just yet but Jake assures me that the place has normal cars too." she laughs.

"Normal's boring." Dean announces. "Jake, you gotta show me this place too sometime. I need a beast of my own."

"And on that note, we're outta here." Leeann states as she pulls Dean away. "See you both tomorrow."

"Bye guys," Jessica calls after them then turns to me. "Let's get you to class before you get someone else into trouble."

****

Wednesday

"I appreciate the ride home, Roxie." Jessica says she climbs into Roxie's car.

"Not a problem, Jess. I was kind of surprised that you had practice on a Wednesday." Roxie answers.

"Coach Morrison says that we've got a lot of matches on Wednesdays so if practice on Wednesdays we'll be ready on game day." Jessica answers. "There's also a lot of new members on the team this year and we need to practice as much as we can to learn the game plan."

"Hit ball over net. Score more points than the other team. Victory. What else do you gotta learn?" Roxie asks as she pulls out of the parking lot.

Jessica laughs. "If you want to come out and be an assistant coach, I'm sure Coach Morrison would love to have you there, Rox."

"I'll come to a match and cheer for you Tall Girl but that's as far as I'm willing to go." Roxie tells her.

"Ooo Roxie... I'd hug you but you're driving." Jessica gushes dramatically.

"Save your affection for Jake." Roxie tells her. "Where is he by the way? I thought he'd be creeping around the gym trying to catch you in that volleyball outfit of yours."

"I told him that we only wear those on game day so he stopped creeping." Jessica tells her. "Seriously though, I think he's at home preparing for tomorrow."

"What's tomorrow?" Roxie asks.

"The art fair." she answers.

"Oh right, the one with that picture he drew of you in it, right? He's never been nervous over these type of things before though. What's different this time around?" Roxie asks.

"My parents are coming to it and all i've told them is that Jake has a piece in it. I want them to be surprised and I told Jake that today so he thinks that my dad's going to kill him. Again." Jessica answers.

"I'm still amazed he survived the whole make out place fiasco." Roxie laughs.

"He managed just fine when I explained that it was my big mouth that was the problem." Jessica answers. "Besides, I think they love Jake so he can do very little wrong in their eyes but good luck explaining that to him."

"He can use a little fear in his life, Jess. It keeps him on his toes and it's fun to watch him squirm a little every now and then." Roxie laughs.

As they pull into Jessica's driveway, the front door opens and Sarah bursts out of it.

"ROXIE!" She shouts running towards the car.

"Looks like someone's excited to get her hair colored." Roxie laughs.

"That and she gets to see you." Jessica answers. "You made quite the impression on my little sis."

"I don't know if I should be proud or worried about that." she answers.

"I'd go with proud." Jessica answers as she gets out.

Sarah greets Roxie with a hug then begins tugging her towards the house. "Hold up a second Sar-bear, I gotta get my bag."

"We've got homework Sarah." Jessica shares. "What about you?"

"I've got a little." Sarah answers.

"Want to do yours with us like you do when Jake's over?" Jessica asks.

"Please?" Sarah asks.

"Of course, sweetie." Jessica answers as the trio head into the house.

****

"So the art fair's tomorrow." I state as I sit at the dinner table with my mom and dad.

"Do you have something entered in it, dear?" My mom asks while my dad just snorts.

"Yeah." I answer. "Jessica told me that I had to tell you because her family is coming out to see it and she thought you'd like to as well."

"Of course, honey. We love to see your work, don't we, Wes?" Mom says then nudges my dad when he doesn't look up from his plate.

"I'll probably be working late." Dad announces then goes back to eating.

"I thought as much." I tell him. "Is it the football thing or have I done something else that's got you mad at me, Dad?"

"Who says that I'm mad?" He asks looking at me.

"You've barely spoken to me since the game and when you do it's more grunts than words. And when Jessica came over you didn't say anything at all to her. You can be pissed at me all you want but leave her out of it. She hasn't done anything wrong here." I tell him.

"She hasn't huh, what about you quitting football? Do you expect me to think that her showing up and you quitting aren't related?" He argues.

"I haven't quit." I tell him. "Even if I did, it's because I got hit so hard that I can't remember what happened. Do you know how scary that is for me?"

"You're okay." He tells me and I just shake my head.

"Really, because this doesn't feel okay." I tell him nodding towards my arm. "My ribs don't feel okay and not remembering what happened to cause all this feels even worse."

I get up from the table and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" Mom calls out after me.

"Bobby's." I answer before closing the door.

Once I'm gone mom turns to my dad. "He isn't you, Wesley. Football is not his life and it isn't his ticket out of this town."

"There's nothing wrong with football." Dad argues.

"I'm not saying that there is. I'm saying that Jake's future lies in something else. He's told you that but you refuse to listen to him so listen to me. Remember how you felt when your knee popped in the last game of your senior year?"

"Like I just felt my future snap into pieces like my knee did." He answers.

"I'm sure that's how Jake felt when he woke up lying there in the grass unable to remember what just happened to him. Except his future isn't tied to his knees, ankles or shoulders even. His is tied to his brain."

Dad sighs and nods. "Okay, I get it. I just don't want Jake to look back and have regrets."

"We all look back with regrets on things but those things make us who we are now and I like think that we're pretty great at times." Mom laughs.

"You certainly are." He joins in laughing.

"So you'll lay off with the football stuff with Jake and be nicer to Jessica, then?" She asks.

"I promise." He tells her.

"Good because Jessica is a very sweet girl and I think that Jake is falling for her even if he doesn't know it yet." She tells him.

"Oh he knows." Dad assures her. "If he's anything like his old man, he knows when he's got a great woman on his hands."

"Oh he does, does he?" Mom teases.

"You're the one that's constantly telling me how smart he is, Pam." He laughs. "Jessica's smart, funny and cute as can be so there's no way a son of mine is going to let her get away."

****

"I got it, Ma!" Bobby calls out as he answers the ringing doorbell. He's a surprised to find me standing on his porch.

"Dude, how the hell... did you walk here?" He asks looking towards his driveway for a car.

"Yeah," I answer.

"What the fuck did your dad do this time?" He asks as his way of inviting me inside.

"Who was it?" Bobby's mom calls out from their living room.

"It's Jake. We'll be out in the garage." Bobby answers.

"Don't try sneaking my beers. I know exactly how many are out there, Bobby." She tells him.

"Jake doesn't drink, ma." Bobby says.

"I know that, I was telling you." She shouts back. "Now offer him a bottle of water and let me get back to watching Pat Sajak."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lang." I call out even though I know Bobby is going to mock me as soon as we get into his garage.

"It's no wonder that everyone's parents love you." He remarks as he flips the light on.

"I'm very lovable." I state taking a seat on the beat up couch that's been here as long as I've known Bobby.

"Remember when we were sure that we were going to be the next Guns N Roses?" He asks as he grabs his nearby guitar and begins to tune it.

"You wanted to be GnR. I wanted to be the next Iron Maiden." I tell him.

"Yeah but you can't scream like Bruce though." He points out.

"No one screams like Bruce." I answer. "Hey, what was it I ended up being in this fictional band of ours again?"

"Groupie wrangler." He answers with a chuckle. "I still say you can sing but you wouldn't believe me."

"Still don't." I answer.

"So, what's up? Why'd you walk all the way over here?" He asks.